[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about getting nioh, is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8150.png (1MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8150.png
1MB, 1067x600px
>>
>>386626172
Yeah sure, why not
>>
>>386626550
But i wanna know is if it's worth it. is it a ripoff of the dark souls games?
>>
>>386626613
I dunno. Maybe
>>
>>386626613
Vaguely. It does its own thing. You do individual levels where you get your "bonfires" and open your shortcuts then finish with fighting a boss. It's a historical fiction and its story is straightforward and has a Diablo loot system with NG+s centered around it.
>>
File: IMG_8017.jpg (464KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8017.jpg
464KB, 600x457px
>>386626921
ooooooo, this sounds very interesting and fun, is it really lengthy?
>>
>>386627026
Yeah. My first playthrough was a leisurely 40 hours. A new level of loot is introduced at the end of New Game, and you do those and level those up to carry you through NG+, then the DLCs add new Difficulty and loot rarities to carry you through those. Also the movesets on the weapons are very large and also customizable. Also Ninja has it's own skill tree so that you can spec fully into being a fucking ninja that destroys bosses with just kunai and shuriken.
>>
>>386627175
holy shit, i thought i had a feeling this game was good
>>
>>386627258
If you like the Diablo style loot system then it'll definitely keep you hooked for awhile. They do all sorts of challenge missions like fighting two previous bosses at once in the same arena, boss rushes, co op missions with NPCs, etc. I wouldn't hesitate if you love Souls.
>>
>>386627331
Dark Souls are my fucking wet dreams so i'm definitely gonna get this game, thanks
>>
>>386627026
Main story's about 30-40 hours depending how good you are. Platinum trophy will probably take you in the region of 70-80.

Add the DLC on top of that and you've got a pretty lengthy game. Bear in mind that since Nioh is a relatively low-budget game, they're had to recycle content quite a bit, so particularly in the latter half, it's a bit repetitive.

Very good game though, an easy 8/10.
>>
>>386626613
It isn't a ripoff. The combat System is way faster and deeper, but there's less enemy variety and imo the bosses are worse. The level design is great but there's no interconnected world.

Haven't tried the DLC that came up so far, but they look good from the trailers
>>
>>386627626
i may spend my money on getting the deluxe edition, all this talk about the DLC is tempting me
>>
It was a extremely fun game Ninja gaiden when?
>>
>>386627790
Ninja Gaiden is super-dead because now that Nioh is successful, Team Ninja wants it to be their new thing. I vaguely remember them being quoted on saying that they would only consider Ninja Gaiden 4 if Nioh was unsuccessful, and it sold way beyond their expectations.
>>
>>386627885
NG is "in the shadows for the moment" according to Tom Lee. But yeah, you're right, Nioh is KT's new cash cow, so we'll undoubtedly get a sequel before long. Sony did well out of their publishing deal as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they buddy up to Team Ninja now akin to how MS did back with Itagaki.
>>
>>386626172
Yeah. BB > DS1 > NIOH >DS2 > DS3.
>>
File: it's a science.jpg (30KB, 463x327px) Image search: [Google]
it's a science.jpg
30KB, 463x327px
I just got a Yasakani Magatama. Does this mean I can clownsuit and get a bunch of 2 piece bonuses if I wanted to?
>>
>>386628413

Exactly what I did.
>>
>>386628369
if you put ">" between some game title it doesn't really mean shit. It's a stupid way to say something.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.