[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riddle me this /v/ Bethesda was trying to go for realism when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 860286-1340719113.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
860286-1340719113.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
Riddle me this /v/

Bethesda was trying to go for realism when they started putting children into their games. Now really, I can understand the draw of wanting to make a game more realistic, but to be honest (personally) after growing up with games that had completely unrealistic/fantastic magical powers and the like, realism is very low on the list for me.

So, creating these children made the game technically more realistic, but that exact realism they wanted was completely thrown out the door when they made the children immortal god-lings.

Of course I understand how censors would never (or at least not today) allow the killing of children, but if that is the case and the devs know they can't get that realistic, why do they still feel the need to push their child-realism when the children become and even more unrealistic flaw?

Be honest, which is more realistic; no children in a world at all, or immortal god-ling children that can never die and can barely be interacted with.

Seriously; this is the very reason the phrase "one step forward, two steps back" exists.

>Added children into game
>Created immortal god-lings that ruin the gameplay

Why?
>>
>>386624996
ESRB thats why they cant sell the game to teens and have child death in it

Also its bethesda its easier to stop expecting logic and quality from them
>>
>>386624996
>Of course I understand how censors would never (or at least not today) allow the killing of children,

Cite a source
>>
>>386624996
Youre right, unkillable kids is retarded. At the very least have it be a game over when you kill a kid like that mission with the nigglets in MGSV.
>>
>>386624996
>Why?
Because videos and pictures of people going around killing harmless children all over Skyrim is bad press.
>>
>>386624996
the real fucked thing is that all children are literally the same potato face with a different wig. Only "Human" children as well. They didn't even feel like sticking pointy ears on them.

Even XIV, a fucking MMO, bothered to model children for each race.
>>
It always amuses me when people throw huge bitchfits over harm befalling fictional children, but when it's revealed children are being raped and worse in real life couldn't care less and actually try their hardest to bury it.
>>
>>386626248

Because this is a video games board not /worldissues/, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>386626005
>harmless children
Speak for yourself, those potato faced shitlings were extremely harmful to my enjoyment of this game.
>>
>>386626248
stop drawing parallels between fiction and reality.

just because there is actual harm being done to children, what does that matter to a game developer? Or a movie maker? Or a song writer or any other type of fictional storytelling?

Should we stop all creative output until the problem is solved in reality?

Until human kind stops murdering, should we ban murder in all forms of media?
>>
File: a fucking drawing.jpg (153KB, 1024x900px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking drawing.jpg
153KB, 1024x900px
>>386626248
>I know we're talking about a video game BUT THINK OF THE REAL CHILDREN
>>
>>386626687
what's with that incredulous look on her face
>>
>>386626405
>>386626630
>>386626687
Thanks for on one hand proving my point and on the other for completely misinterpreting my point. I want people caring less about fiction to stop holding creativity back.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.