[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: creaking skull.jpg (142KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
creaking skull.jpg
142KB, 1024x655px
also castlevania thread
>>
I have it on good authority that the top-right game is the best Castlemania ever.
>>
Harmony of Dissonance is the shittiest Castlevania game, even worse than CV2

Also, Circle of the Moon
>>
File: tansakus.jpg (3MB, 2000x8200px) Image search: [Google]
tansakus.jpg
3MB, 2000x8200px
>>386612578
>>
Iga's wife is best lewdovania
>>
circle of the moonman > fag who i thought was a girl with white hair
>>
File: 20172991551_1.jpg (177KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
20172991551_1.jpg
177KB, 1200x630px
I don't know if I'd call it the best, but it's the one I had the most fun with and spent the most time playing

What I wouldn't give for a steam release with a few new chapters. Fuck, the first month of release was magical
>>
aos>cotm>por>ooe>hof

>dos
>>
>>386612578
Aria of Sorrow.
>>
portrait of ruin is my favourite
>>
>>386612578
Dawn of Sorrow and OoE are my picks for best. I never got how people rate AoS higher than DoS. DoS is just a much better game except for the shitty anime portraits
>>
>>386612578
SOTN is best Castlemania
>>
File: bloodstained.png (3MB, 1916x1055px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained.png
3MB, 1916x1055px
>>386612887
>>
>>386612808
is aquaria any long? im going on a trip and i saw it on the app store, and it seems worth a shot also it's one of the few not casual bullshit games
>inb4 applefag
>>
>Rondo originally didn't require that you rescue the other maidens to rescue Annette
>Dracula X Chronicles is like RESCUE THOSE BITCHES FIRST

It's the little things.
>>
>>386612808

Is Pharoah rebirth really taht good?
>>
File: igaifu.jpg (57KB, 530x480px) Image search: [Google]
igaifu.jpg
57KB, 530x480px
>>386613171
not iga's wife tho, pic related is iga's wife
>>
>>386613480
>>386613480
>is iga's wife

Any source for that?

I've read about how Iga's wife was the one to introduce him to Castlevania. He was working on the romance game, she would help him with the story/dialogue. The development offices were right across from one another, so he'd play Rondo on breaks. She has since left Konami. Never got any news on her name, so not sure what her role on Rondo was.
>>
I've been replaying this and backtracking and music aside, it's actually a decent castlevania. Dunno what everyone's calling it the worst though. It at least controls more fluidly than CoTM (no offense)
>>
>>386612578
Portrait of Ruin despite the anime shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwdGO2vfAho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_VMrZSfYzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ1BUJaz1uk
>>
>>386613480

Iga normally wrote all the handheld titles he was producer for. He had no role in Cirlce, and was producer, but did not write Order. Thus, he did not have a hand in creating shanoa. Though legend says he asked the artist to base her on his wife.
>>
>>386613667

It's an ugly rehash. So it offers nothing new, except be Symphony for the GBA except ugly as sin. Aria offers better sound, graphics, gameplay, and offers new story, new character, and new gameplay system.
>>
>>386612963
would it still be your favourite if it wasn't for the sound clips that play when you change characters?
>>
>>386612808
Just finished SOTN like a week ago, it doesn't hold up as well. The reverse castle feels tiring and gimmicky. The levels are way too similar, and the game moves way too slow when compared to later installments. Dawn Of Sorrow is way better.
>>
>>386612578
Did you know that Castlevania 64 was supposed to be the next mainline Castlevania and Symphony of the Night was the spinoff game? This makes sense, as Castelvania was a Nintendo series primarily, and Dracula X was a spin-off side-story.

In terms of attention, it looks the other way around, but that was not the intention. Symphony sold decent and got critical praise, and 64 was forgotten.
>>
>>386612578
out of those, por followed by aos
havent played ooe yet
>>
Did you know Iga didn't direct SOTN. I was pretty surprised to learn that, poor director got no credit.
>>
>>386613085
i think dos castle is weak as fuck and there's that wagglan shit after beating a boss. julius mode>ritcher tho
>>
>>386613868
>offers nothing new
This is a straight up lie, I've played every metroidvania including Aria and it's different from all of them. If your going to criticize the game actually criticize it for the music and backtracking, really the only flaws the game has besides the weird borders around Juste's and Maxim's sprite
>>
>>386612578
Aria of Sorrow
>>
>>386612578
I only played OoE, so that.
>>
>>386614164
>and it's different from all of them.

Juste looks like Christmas Alucard.

Ninja looks like Richter. They have the same dynamic as Alucard-Richter.

background and enemy sprites taken directly from Symphony (but now horribly scaled on the gba)

Sub-weapon systems + Magic.
>>
>>386613614
well, the rumour goes that he asked the guy on charge of creating shanoa to make her based of his wife, but that's it as far as it goes
>>
>>386614091

Toru Hagihara was the director/producer for that. That game is basically his baby. He got a promotion at Konami, and had to leave main production half way through. Iga, who was co-writer and co-programmer got promoted. Pretty much without that promotion, we would be talking about "Hagihara-vanias", and he'd be producer for all the handheld games.

http://shmuplations.com/symphony/
>>
I felt like Shanoa and Soma could have made great heroes for a 3D game. Anyone else?

If Konami wanted to revamp Castlevania, they had the characters right there in front of them. Oh, no, we need mercury steam instead.
>>
>>386614420
>Juste looks like Christmas Alucard.
Aside from the silvery-white hair, not really

>Ninja looks like Richter. They have the same dynamic as Alucard-Richter.
Maxim doesn't look like Richter at all. They do have a similar dynamic though.

>background and enemy sprites taken directly from Symphony (but now horribly scaled on the gba)
I don't recall the background sprites, and its nothing new for the series to reuse assets, just look at the DS games.
>>
>>386614571
So Iga was mostly the producer? Damn videogames are cold, in movies people would fight for their rightfull directir credit. I guess companies dont care since this way less creators are known and that way they dont get any power.
>>
File: 250px-CurseofDarknessCover.jpg (24KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
250px-CurseofDarknessCover.jpg
24KB, 250x318px
Been playing Curse of Darkness lately. It's pretty good for a 3D vania game. Any of them play like this, I've only played the 2D ones before this.
>>
>>386615034

>Hagihara: I was producer for the first half of the game, and for the latter half I was both producer and programmer.

>Igarashi: I acted as director (for the latter half), scenario writer, and programmer. “There is a glimmer of something suspicious about him.” 1
>>
>>386613908
yes
the double characters are really fun to play as, I like the portraits and the dracula fight is one of my favourites in the series
>>
File: 1483462124385.png (516KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1483462124385.png
516KB, 1280x738px
>>386615205
>mfw stealing death pulse
>>
File: HoD-RunningAnimation.gif (11KB, 176x168px) Image search: [Google]
HoD-RunningAnimation.gif
11KB, 176x168px
*blocks your path*
>>
Of all the pictured I have to go with

>CHARLOTTE/JOHNATHAN!

It was like Dawn of Sorrow but a little better. Ecclesoa was just a fuckery
>>
File: 1500603260027.jpg (136KB, 1200x813px) Image search: [Google]
1500603260027.jpg
136KB, 1200x813px
>>386616397
>It was a like a worse Aria of Sorrow but better
That doesn't make it better than Aria of Sorrow though.
>>
>>386612578
circle of le moon. its harder then the others , best sound track best castle best boss battles, aria of sorrow was good too. AoS gets one for graphics
>>
>>386615205
Lament of Innocence.
>>
AoS
PoR=DoS
OoE
CotM
HoD

I will get so much shir for Portraits placement, but the mission challenges, soundtrack, and bonus modes were off the fucking chart. Dawn of Sorrow is a flawed game but its still Arias sequel and I love the shit out of that corner of the timeline.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.