[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hellblade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 404
Thread images: 49

How's the gameplay? Every review seems to gush over the story and atmosphere, sort of glossing over the action outside of there's some combat and some puzzles
>>
Where's the sterling review that got del?
>>
>>386602763
It sucks, only thing good about combat is animations. The "puzzles" are tedious and backtracking is a bitch in terms of game design for this kind of game. The voices she hears literally tell her how to win the battle sometimes its fine when you are being attacking from a blindspot but there is no reason you shouldnt lose because of combat. There are several game breaking things that may be patched (check Jim Sterling's review which he ran into a problem I also ran into but due to autosaves and respawn I somehow prevailed) and the ending of the game is unfulfilling.
>>
>>386603085
Aren't all the reviews really positive?
>>
>>386604426
The reviews are positive because that is what they prioritize. They may like the mental disorder stuff and the presentation and how they made a "AAA indie game", but there were too many problems for me that are present through the entire game like the combat, the camera etc.
>>
>>386602763

I really didn't like it. I found the game to be really, really tedious, and for the entire story to be dumb.

I don't understand the reviews, myself. To me, the whispering got REALLY annoying, and the combat's slow and awkward. There's this very 'floaty' feel to the attacks, and you're fighting the same handful of guys over and over again!

And the big twist is: The heroine's crazy. The entire story is in her head. At the end, she gives up on her lover - because he's really, really dead - and drops his head into the ocean, then walks away. This comes after a grueling boss fight that is unwinnable, because the enemies simply keep spawning until you go down.

I just don't get it. I mean, the reviews are glowing, but this feels like a bad, tedious game to me. Am I playing it wrong, somehow?
>>
This game fucking sucks and is boring as shit. Half the game is just shitty ass cutscenes that are unskippable.
>>
>>386604632
I was trying to stay away from spoilers but this, big whoop of an ending fuck people who think these kinda things are genius when you can infer what will happen before even booting the game. This shit has been done better on less budgets across multiple mediums.
>>
Bad gameplay, but to be fair, /v/ hates Ninja Theory's combat.
>>
>>386604569
I've seen a lot of the reviews mention the gameplay is decent desu. While the focus is generally the story and drama, the gameplay is touched on in them as being good.
Haven't played it though
>>
>>386602763
what gameplay?
>>
>>386604941

It's really not. The combat feels bad, because Senuca doesn't move well. The camera angle (over the shoulder) means you get blindsided often. Basically, your main way of combat is to repeatedly parry until you can 'Focus', i.e. slow down time.

Then you run around OHKO'ing everyone until you run out. You often have to fight a LOT of enemies, and they just keep spawning. It feels very makework, effectively. Combine that with the ending, and you end up asking yourself "What the fuck was the point of all that?"
>>
>>386604913
I liked the combat in Enslaved and Heavenly Sword and the only good aspect of DmC to me was te combat. It wasn't as good as DMC4 to me, but it was certainly good.
>>386604975
This, all you need to know about the gameplay.
>>386604941
There's a reason they basically don't talk about it or skim over it and talk about "meh psuedo-intellectual story desu~" fuck these devs, this is why I'm transitioning to primarily playing Jap games.
>>
File: 1418724790719.jpg (49KB, 563x599px) Image search: [Google]
1418724790719.jpg
49KB, 563x599px
>>386602763
It's functional. That's probably the best thing I can say about it. I've played far worse and I'm certain so has everyone else here. It's just a simple "press riposte until you get it right and swing a lot." Not strategy. It just exists.

It's mostly boring with some neat gimmicks I wish were in a better. game. If anything, it's not DmC levels of bad.
>>
>>386602763
So what's the story even about? Is it another one of the "omg real life issues leik the gays and depression but in videogame form it's so mature and deep!" shit that journalists cream themselves over?
>>
>>386605197
It may not be the worse game, but there are games that I've played that are overall worse that I have more respect for or find more fun than this shit. Take a shot everytime someone mentions how amazing it is they made a "AAA indie" title. Take a shot everytime someone mentions how fucking great this "meh psudo-intellectual story desu~" is. Take a motherfucking shot everytime someone mentions how empowering the character is for dealing with her mental disorder. I'm through with this.
>>
>>386604913
>but to be fair, /v/ hates Ninja Theory's combat.

because they can't do good combat
>>
>>386605359
You are partially correct. The main character has several mental disorders it seems like depression and schizophrenia. The story is shoved in your face with very little substance (like is common with many indie games) because the voices she hears are a result of her disorders and are tied into the gameplay not all that well. And the fucking runic puzzle things are garbage after doing the first two or three. As another anon said earlier without going into spoilers, her mental disorder makes the ending and everything in the game feel pointless. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>386605359

I'll sum it up for you. The heroine, Senuca, survived a Norse raid - where she was raped and her lover died. She's trying to resurrect him by venturing into hell itself.

As it turns out, she's JUST CRAZY. That's it. The whole game.
>>
It's a walking simulator that was disguised as an action game in most of the footage
>>
>>386605868
spoiler?
>>
>>386606097
Just don't play the game and then spoilers wont matter.
>>
>>386605114
Oh right. I actually just read a review that praised the combat quite a bit honestly, as well as the "challenging puzzles". Considering it's only 8 hours, I got the impression it would hold up during that time and provide a good experience. All reviews seem positive though, generally there are a few that focus on the gameplay aspect, if just one but outside of people here I've not heard much bad. I did read one reviewer say they put it down to easy because otherwise the combat is boring. That surprised me because if not for combat, what else is there in the game? Mild puzzles?
>>
File: 1384836747321.jpg (30KB, 403x305px) Image search: [Google]
1384836747321.jpg
30KB, 403x305px
This is just gonna be a weird little game that exists and will be forgotten about in a week.
>>
File: aa0.png (197KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
aa0.png
197KB, 500x276px
>>386605868
Well thanks for sparing me $30 anon.
>>
>>386605868
>>386606097
I knew it was a spoiler post and read it anyway, despite being interested in playing the game at some point

Wonder why I did that 2bh, I hate spoilers
>>
>>386606371

I saved you five hours of walking very slowly and listening to voices whisper about 'the great darkness'.
>>
>>386606242
There puzzles aren't even puzzles, really. You walk in straight lines which eventually kind of 'unlock' parts of the map, that you then walk to to unlock parts of the map, that you then walk to to unlock part of the map.

All the while the 'story' is told to you by things you look at to trigger dialogue. Occasionally a mob or some mobs spawn and you kill them a few times by mashing the combat buttons.
>>
>>386606407
But they could have been 5 fun hours for me anon. I could test out my new earphones and probably enjoy some of that. Apparently it is pretty atmospheric and they've done a good job of that if nothing else.
Now what do I have anon? Now what?
>>
>>386602763
gameplay is pretty meh but as someone suffering from auditory hallucination i gotta say they their focus on psychoses is spot on using audio and visuals. also means its not that fun for me though
>>
>>386606543

You could masturbate, or play Nier Automata instead, I guess. I don't know! Go wild! It's your life.
>>
>>386606543
Not even Ninja Theory thought it was fun, anon. Because they threaten you with permadeath and never actually make on that promise because they know you would never start the game up and go through all the shit a second time.
>>
>>386605114
This.

The combat feels cool and visceral at first glance, but then you realize it has the depth of a puddle. You generally just run around parrying every enemy to death because of lenient timings and against armored/shielded enemies you just punch them until their guard breaks and keep going.

It's like an extremely watered down version of For Honor with retarded AI.
>>
>>386606543
30 bucks?
>>
>watch the "making of" video
>they got people with psychosis to play the game
>they said it doesn't really seem like she has psychosis
>devs write it off by saying crazy people would just see all of this as normal
fucking kek
>>
>>386606586
Unfortunately I think I've gone wild enough for one night anon. I've just voluntarily read spoilers, is it really my life anymore, or is it fantasy?
>>
>>386606645
Eh? Really? Permadeath is just a lie?
>>
They made a glorified walking simulator. Not a surprise the combat doesn't bring anything new to the table as the game is only 8 hours long and most of the time is spent walking without any secrets or treasure to pick up.
>>
>>386606949
It is a fake out, similar to Undertale iirc. They just said it was real as a joke or whatever, and a ton of websites published the story without double checking because lmao videogame """"""journalists""""" are a massive joke.
>>
>>386606503
Explain
>>
>>386607267

Yeah, it's a fake out, but the game LITERALLY PUTS THIS ON THE SCREEN AT THE END OF THE TUTORIAL.

They're outright lying, but it makes sense, because the entire fucking game is a lie. The 'disease' is also a lie, because it doesn't exist! None of it is real.
>>
>>386607267
I'm not convinced until I see proof, but the game is so easy no one I've watched has died yet so..
>>
>>386605868
It wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't try to rub in how deep it is with the ending and the post-credit movie. My fucking god, it was practically yelling 'IT'S TOO DEEP FOR YOU' in my face.
>>
>>386607456
>but the game LITERALLY PUTS THIS ON THE SCREEN AT THE END OF THE TUTORIAL.

Oh, my bad then. Can't blame the articles in this case, what the fuck was NT thinking?
I actually liked Enslaved, but sometimes it feels like NT are trying to sabotage their own games on purpose.
>>
>>386607276
That is the explanation. Most of the puzzles are lining up things visually with other things, which is just walking from point a to point b. Since the maps are small as fuck and there's only one way to progress, and they're just hidden by little visual tricks, the puzzle aren't puzzles. It's just finding out what thing to walk through twice to trigger the visual queue to walk more.

It's not problem solving, since the problem is the same every time. It's not Myst or Talos Principle or even Skyrim puzzles. It's Path to Thalamus but with 'combat' shoved in.
>>
The fact that Ninja Theory took so many risks and made so many sacrifices financially to make an "indie" game of this budget and yet still turd out this kind of shitty gameplay frightens me greatly. It means they actually believe in this watered down garbage. To them this is the best type of gameplay in the world.
>>
>>386605197
Remember when Virgil was a dinosaur?
>>
>>386607908
The best type of gameplay is the lack of one. Cinematic games are the future.
>>
>>386607908
Or that they were low on money and weren't doing well acquiring funds for any new AAA game, and so took whatever internal project was being tossed around at the time and polished it up.

Everything else is just marketing spin.
>>
File: myDmC.png (515KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
myDmC.png
515KB, 1280x720px
>>386607995
Those were the days
>>
I did like the voice acting and atmosphere. The voices in your head gets annoying when the repeat the same thing over and over again.
Combat is very limited however the animations for the limited moves you do have do look good and the transitions between your movesets is pretty good.
I've only done one of the areas and the 'puzzles' are so basic. From what I have seen their is some enemy variety but they don't differ to greatly. The boss I fought against looked cool but it gets padded out with fighting the weaker enemies and it's moveset is very repetitive.
>>
>>386606371
asdiction to instant information.
>>
>>386608078
How long is the game? If it's over 6 hours they did not just throw out whatever internal project they had in desperation.
>>
>>386608429
Any gameplay estimate is mostly not completely honest, because it doesn't mention that most of the time is just the fact that even the little 'jog' you can do is very, very slow. The maps aren't large, but your movement speed is so slow that even if you know exactly what to do, it'll still take you 5 minutes just to walk from one point to the other, just to trigger the next thing.

8 hours, sure. But it's not 8 hours of being engaged, just walking.
>>
>>386608717
From what I've seen on a stream, around 70% is simply walking around and listening to the 'lore'.
>>
>>386608717
Usually when they stretch these types of "AAA" "games" out they tend to end around the 5-6 hour mark. They must be awfully insane to stretch it out to 8 with a slowwalk
>>
>>386608927
Which just to be as as forgiving as possible, might work. But you aren't given anything about the character to begin with. The first 40 minutes or so is just an unskippable tutorial with unskippable cutscenes, but they tell you nothing about the character or setting beyond People that Wear Leather setting and She's Crazy. You have absolutely zero reason to care about the character, or the lore. And you never get one.
>>
>>386608960
Well apparently it's working if people are saying it's a good or fun game.

It's pretty much just pushing forward on the joystick while listening to an audiobook, and then occasionally mashing the attack buttons during the 'combat.' And I don't think even the biggest shills in the world would call the combat hard or engaging.

At least Receiver had that gun gimmick and one-hit deaths with actual permadeath?
>>
>>386609095
I won't deny it might work, except you really have no choice but to be forced to listen to everything and how utterly related it all becomes in the end.
>>
>>386609349
*unrelated
Jesus fuck, because nothing matters at all.
>>
>>386609267
>Well apparently it's working if people are saying it's a good or fun game.
That's because the people saying it's good are enjoy the audiobook
>>
>>386609349
If you already have some personal reason to be interested in this story, you might get something out of the game. But the game itself gives you no reason to care about the character or the setting.

For all the weight the game places on the story, you have to make yourself get invested in the events going on. The game does none of that for you.
>>
>>386609267
Of course it's 'good'. Video game reviewers have been trying to break into mainstream for a long time now. And nothing screams mainstream than a 'too deep for you' movie disguised as a 'game'. That way, they can discuss how deep the plot and characters and ignore all the unnecessary gameplay since normies doesn't get it.
>>
>>386604907
A 12 year old is born every second, anon. How do you think the video games industry has survived this long?
>>
Well, the first boss was pretty fun at least. It may have been extra challenging for me though only because I didn't even realize you can block in this game and I also didn't realize I should probably be playing this on a controller.
>>
>>386607267
>>386607456
I bet it was really in there but the playtesters just up and fucking walked out
>>
>>386602861
Mirror?
>>
>>386602763
Game "journalists" don't give a fuck about gameplay, you should understand this by now. If there was an option to have every game just play itself so they can just watch the cutscenes, they would use it without thinking twice.
>>
>>386609480
It's a story about mental illness right? Almost everyone on /v/ qualifies as having some reason to be interested.
>>
>>386609921
I'm sure they'll sympathize with the key to all the puzzles being acting out OCD behavior.
>>
>>386609921
But anon, haven;t you realize it yet? /v/ doesn't exist. We're all just the voices in your head in a visual format. None of us exist. We're actually you.
>>
You have two strike moves (heavy, light) and another jab move you perform with your unarmed hand. You also have a directional dodge move which can also be used charge towards enemies. Attacking builds a focus meter which lets you slow down time to get easy damage on enemies or recover after being knocked down. You got a big window for blocking enemy attacks and because there's no stamina and little lag there isn't much of a trade off.

You cannot swing your weapon at random and it only unholsters after you trigger an event causing enemies to materialze. When your weapon is holstered your exploring and solving rather tedious camera puzzles until the next battle. Game is heavily scripted, but I'm enjoying the journey so far.
>>
>>386610536

Now anon has to go on a quest to drop his PS4 controller into a pool of garbage.

> "Goodbye, my love."
>>
I'm about 3/4 of the way through (judging by the collectable crap) and it's not bad. Combat is incredibly shallow, but feels pretty decent (if not a lil slow, and way too easy even on "hard").

Story will really depend on the individual. I'm enjoying it, but a big portion of that is because I suffer from mental illness and can empathise with certain parts (not so much the schizo shit, more the depression and constant self doubt).

Graphics are good aside from the shitty blur forced in post processing, performance is 10/10
>>
Is this better than DmC? Is there any color coded enemy garbage?
>>
>>386611839
Forgot to mention, the permadeath is complete bullshit and doesn't exist. Glad I torrented the game solely because the devs lied about that
>>
>>386612046
Story is way better, combat is worse. There are like 5 types of enemy in the game, so no colour coded shit no.
>>
>>386612090
>the permadeath is complete bullshit and doesn't exist. Glad I torrented the game solely because the devs lied about that
the only time they discuss it is 1/6th INTO the game
no where else is it mentioned
>>
>>386609604

Surtr was great because he's probably the first time you'll be put in critical/dying status and realize you can actually recover from it.

Valravn is amazing because of how he flits about and is hypermobile compared to everyone and you still manage to smack his shit - nothing is more satisfying than deflecting one of his faggot daggers at him and scoring the killing blow with it.
>>
The amount of whispering dialogue in this game is insanely annoying. Constnatly 10 girls whispering the same shit OVER AND OVER all game. Its tragic.
>>
It's fun. 30 is a fine price.

>No tutorial
>No hud
>No item prompts
>No markers or handholding
>No social justice
>Minimal yet enjoyable combat (strong attack, heavy attack, punch, block, dodge) my only complaint is so far it's 1v1 only and it's too infrequent
>A genuinely well written and serviceable story
>Interesting exploration of mental illness that isn't preachy or social justicy
>Runs smooth at 60 or just below
>Playing with headphones is really atmospheric and fun

I enjoy it.
>>
>>386602763
I've never heard of this game until today. Where did it come from?
>>
>>386614678
It's literally a game about psychosis anon.
They got mental health doctors and made a game about a psychotic woman dealing with grief to try and lower social stigma on psychotic people.
>>
>>386614795
>it's 1v1 only
You aren't far into the game are you ?
>>
>>386602763
If you go in thinking of it as a walking simulator with combat, it's not bad. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would having done just that.

The combat is interesting in its own way- more about positioning yourself so enemies can't get behind you than it is about perfect timing and reacting to every little thing. It's got the same melee moves as a Souls game (Light and heavy attacks, guard break, dodge) but don't let anyone try to convince you it's at all similar.
>>
>>386602763
Why is this game so cheap? I know literally nothing about it. It looks like a full fledged AAA game.
>>
>>386607908
They really do, the game has MULTIPLE terrible design decisions that they conciously made because they thought it's be SO DEEP.

The game pretty much checks off every pretentious shitty indie game box. It's LITERALLY walking slowly to sad music the game at points
>>
File: 1495880063154.jpg (58KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1495880063154.jpg
58KB, 318x318px
Why is she so ugly?
>>
Jim Sterling gave it a 1 out of 10.

not even fucking kidding.
>>
>>386616914
because he encountered a gamebreaking bug, he posted another review and gave it a 7
>>
I think I'm legit retarded /v/. I can't figure this fucking puzzle out
>>
>>386617246
I had to lookup guides. go back to the beam you had to balance past, before you get to it turn left and go up the stairs.

Rune puzzles were the worst part of the game. It also threw too many meat sponge enemies that stopped being fun to fight after like 10 in a row sometimes but I played on hard so maybe it was paced better on normal
>>
>>386602763
skyrim level melee combat
>>
>>386616803
Because,
>muh realistic women
Do fucking progressives in charge of games not realize that attractive women exist in real life?
I'm not saying to have every single female as a semen-demon, but still, it's totally fine to have good looking girls in game
>>
>>386617641
Yea I figured it out, I missed the earlier one which stopped me getting the later progress.

But yea I agree. The last 3rd of the game or so has become a real slog because it's just wave of damage sponges, followed by puzzle, followed by running away from doggo sequence. It's kinda soured me on what was otherwise a fun experience (although not as good as reviews would suggest)
>>
>>386604632

But original plotline
>>
Why can't Ninja Theory pull off combat to save their lives? Also, it is very suspect that all these journos are praising the story but glossing over the gameplay. That's how you can tell the review is bogus.
>>
>>386604632
Jesus christ you just saved me 30 dollars
>>
The final boss fight might be pure dogshite, but the song is really something
>>
>>386604632
>And the big twist is: The heroine's crazy. The entire story is in her head.

The Steam description for the game literally says this, not really a twist.
>>
why is the game $30 when it's only 5 hours long?
>>
>>386619938
I was thinking about the
>fight you are supposed to lose

trope as it went on and on but I figured it would eventually end since the game liked to keep throwing excessive waves of dudes at you by that point and I felt like shit for a second when I went down. Even when the achievement popped up I was left wondering if I had an alternate "you failed" ending for a bit before the scene finished and it was clear that it was supposed to happen like that.

I am glad the game didn't pull the "you magically cured your insanity" thing either, she's still fucked up and hearing voices at the end. The sequel bait was painful though, doesn't feel like a game or story that should need or ask for a sequel.
>>
Why did this game just pop out of no where. I probably shouldn't get my vidya news from v, but I don't know where else to look that doesn't want to also bat for a political viewpoint.
>>
>>386602763
Is this game only downloadable?
>>
File: 20170808203135_1.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170808203135_1.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>>386620113
it's really pretty,and unique immersion in the feeling of being insane. 8/10 worth 30 bones imo
>>
>>386602763
I haven't played the game, but it disturbs me that the main character looks like a vertically stretched, fetal alcohol syndrome version of one of my ex's.

I'm both aroused and repulsed by her at the same time.
>>
File: ANGERY.gif (194KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY.gif
194KB, 200x202px
>>386604632
>This comes after a grueling boss fight that is unwinnable, because the enemies simply keep spawning until you go down.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>386620307
Yeah it's weird. I knew of it, but I had no idea it was releasing.
>>
>>386607131
>the game is only 8 hours
took me just over 3
>>
>>386617246
>30° fov
>grainy textures

why do i keep seeing people all over the fucking internet talking about how "gorgeous" and "breathtaking" this game's visuals are??
>>
>>386620751
Because it looks nice you High Sunlight Photorealism and Shadows obsessed retard.
>>
Why is there all this "le character is insane" stuff? The game is described as "going on a vision quest" anyone not a sheltered child knows this means "tripping on heavy psychedelics." Since she's a Celt this probably means Amanita Muscaria which is some nasty dark shit.
>>
Combat is Asscreed level.
I'd be upset if I actually paid money for this. It's an "action" game that is mostly about walking and doing tedious puzzles.
>>
>>386607267
Wells that's funny because Total Biscuit totally freaked out over it.
>>
>>386620751
I already mentioned about the shitty post. The FoV fits pretty well with the game I'd say, since it adds to the feeling of claustrophobia/tension
>>
>>386620193
Yea, the ending of the story wasn't awful, but I'd rather they'd tied it up properly instead of leaving it open for a potential sequel.
>>
>>386621074
Cancerman freaks out about anything and everything. His entire life revolves around bitching on social media nowadays.
>>
File: Hellblade gameplay.webm (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblade gameplay.webm
3MB, 500x280px
combat is simple but the animators deserve props across the board
>>
>>386606879
link to video?
>>
>>386602763
I actually forgot about this.. Seems like it went silent after last year's E3.
>>
>>386602763
I hadn't even heard of this shit until it came out, and right now I'll I've seen is some picture of some ugly bitch so I can only assume it's a "strong wymyn" nightmare.
>>
>>386621793
>animators deserve props across the board
They mocapped fucking everything, tweaking only slightly.
>>
File: 1499935559667.jpg (8KB, 480x176px) Image search: [Google]
1499935559667.jpg
8KB, 480x176px
>>386621074
>claim to be pro-consumer
>uses steam
>>
>>386617748
>devs want realism
>they put le stronk warrior womyn in their game
10/10 retardation
>>
>>386623297
Why then AAA studios with 1000 times the founding fail to do this? Bioware or Bethesda can afford all the mocap studios in the world and yet their characters move like wooden dolls.
This quality of animation seems to be a really rare thing.
>>
>>386623980
>1000 times the founding fail to do this?
It took roughly 9million for Hellblade if what Tameme said is to go by
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-10-29-ninja-theory-can-recoup-hellblade-budget-with-300-000-sales
300,000 copies need to sell to break even.
>>
>>386602763
its a walking sim dude what are you expecting of the "combat"?
>>
>>386623297
Do you even know how mocap works? It's not just magic you know
>>
>>386606879
Please tell me you have a link to this.
>>
>>386623297
They clearly didn't. It would be better if they did tho. But it probably is imposible to sew such animations together without gameplay looking like FMV
>>
File: 20170808225626_1.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170808225626_1.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>386627183
funnily enough, the cutscenes do mix-in FMV, it's a little jarring next to the senua model. I mean she looks great, her skin is some of the most realistic skin I've seen in vidya but a little uncanny valley did kick in.

sorry I don't have a better example but you can see the dude very clearly contrasted to her at the beginning of this scene and it fades until its dark here at the end
>>
>>386620037
No it says shes crazy, but it also says shes going into viking hell when that isnt the case.
>>
File: 20170808225906_1.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170808225906_1.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
>>386627614
it's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit

but yeah, she just wandered around in the woods and screamed a lot in reality. How do you think she burned herself if the sword wasn't really broken? just some random metal rod? maybe she wasn't burned at all, idk
>>
Looks interesting....I'm just going to watch someone else play it.....then at most pirate it.
>>
>>386605868
As an actual schizzo I am disappointed. I thought it would be more than just "oh hey some people hallucinate"
>>
>>386628034
how accurate would you say the voices were? I liked how they could turn on a dime, especially near the end where they all started questioning what would happen to them if she died and started begging her not to die
>>
>>386620425
Lmao why does she look like Mollysoda. Just make the damn girls pretty. Everyone likes pretty girls! Even girls!
>>
>>386621135
Don't kid yourself anon, it would have had a tiny ass FOV no matter what the games story was.
>>
>>386617246
That looks fucking awful, my first impulse was to reach for the escape key to go to the options menu and disable everything. We had a period of good graphics in videogames after the bloom and piss filter era, but now even worse filters are taking their place.
>>
>>386606948
Normie
>>
>>386628145
Havent played the game but your stress levels can change the way in which they work so it would make sense for a highly stressed person like her to have them as rapid as I saw in videos.

I know it may sound weird but just think of it like the thoughts at the peripherals of your mind that you don't normally take note of which can include a fair amount of detailed information such as character assessments and your ideas of people which can then build up an idea of a mind that then your experience bounces off of in the form of your projected reply of theirs. All of this of course for some reason seeming like its something you can literally hear at least in my experience. This is likely why people can get stress induced hallucinations, they're bottling up their focus way too much on one point so their peripheries become much more stressed out and no longer dedicated to the same mental space.

This idea of it at least is how I've come to understand how it works and is what i based my own means of trying to stop the voices having as many manifestations as they did, it still comes every now and then but not as often.
>>
>>386629051
thanks for the information anon

the game did seem like it captured that feeling in my experience, speaking as someone who doesn't have hallucinations irl of course
>>
>>386608228
>Items used: 6
>SSS

I'm outta here
>>
>>386616803
If she was legit ugly the game would be better.
>>
>>386621793
That looks stiffer than No More Heroes lol
>>
>>386602763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Q2BK6RhH8T

Looks a lot worse on console in that fight scene.
>>
>>386602763
You don't need fantastic gameplay when the rest is great. It's the experience that matters.
It's a great experience.
>>
File: adas.png (8KB, 377x388px) Image search: [Google]
adas.png
8KB, 377x388px
>>386629251
Yeah hers are much more a great line of thought likely produced from the anxiety she is suffering causing her to become obsessed with one means of interpretation, this of course being something she wants to go away from in terms of her feelings and identity but due to the survival mechanisms its kept streaming out of fear that if it isnt it will harm her.

Of course this isnt a comment on what I saw of the end of it, thats a bit esoteric of an experience to come from recalling memory so that part is definitely outlandish.

This image will just represent at least what I'm proposing as the model to judge the earlier idea i stated off of.

The center is your bottled focus(acting like a hole or vacuum),the middle is what can normally be sustained in terms of depth of the mental focus in my opinion, the person can still recall highly detailed information from the consciousness stream(which normally they will build up if they dont stop listening to the voices as what they try to come to understand them ass will effectively become a consciousness stream) if its touching on the topic at hand however so this isnt to propose they will always be dull, and the outer part is the depth normally that ones thought recedes from once they have it come active. This level of thought in my opinion is still understood conceptually of how you can think however since you are no longer using your mental theater to process it it falls to other means of observation such as hearing your own thoughts. which normally most people are unaware of(the subconscious i guess one could say or the unconscious mind.)

Normally the person for the most part can seem to act normal in terms of how deep they think so long as an understandable ambiance is provided to them that they can use to recall. Something unknown will likely make their own voices worse.

Sorry but have my word salad that's likely not well curated at all.
>>
File: giphy (10).gif (473KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (10).gif
473KB, 500x361px
>story and directing by tameem antoniades in the first 30 seconds
>why is it shit guys?

Never learn faggots.
>>
>>386614887
>lower social stigma on psychotic people.
Yeah, play this game only increases my fear and resentment about psychopath, and I've only played for an hour, they really did a "great" job....

I'm considering to refund.
>>
>>386621793
But that looks pretty dumb like she's stiffly waving a nerf bat around.
>>
>>386630174

>You don't need good gameplay in a video game

You got me to reply, good job.
>>
>>386616803
Because "muh realistic and deepness", also because developers probably don't want player to like her too much, since you're playing an actual crazy woman.
>>
>>386630383
>implying ninja theory can make likeable characters to begin with
>>
>>386630310
good gameplay for games that focus on atmosphere and story is different
you don't criticise a racing simulator for being too hard for people new to the genre
>>
>>386630383
Hey, It's one thing to be ugly, someone still might want to fuck you.

But to be ugly and cray? That's a whole other level of pity party.
>>
>river of corpses

was probably the high point of the game, reminded me of Metro LL's glimpse into hell, was a bit dissapointed that unlike tomb raider 2013 their river of blood didn't stick to senua
>>
File: whithered_man.jpg (13KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
whithered_man.jpg
13KB, 250x300px
>>386602763
Finished Trickster God and just opened the NY gate to the Fire God path before taking a little break, and I have to say, I can't understand you a lot of you plebs are calling this boring and tedious. Here's my run down thus far;
- The environments and the constant changes they go through is of itself highly engaging (they also look pretty and are deeply atmospheric)
- Let's be honest - no one expected the combat to be this great. It's not a brainless spam and mixing it up is quite pleasing. You can also feel the weight behind your attacks, which is great.
- Hands down best sound design of the year. Nothing will even come close. The voices are a significant part of that.
- Voice acting in general is great
- Enjoyed the first boss, hopefully the others are just as unique
Especially if you like atmospheric horror games, I just can't see how you can fault this. Personally I'm just glad it lived up to the hype, and nice to see it getting good reviews.
>>
>>386630630
>Hands down best sound design of the year. Nothing will even come close. The voices are a significant part of that.
>whispering is good sound desigh
I bet Corpse Party will blow your mind Tameem
>>
>>386630230
It's crazy that so few people will point that out.
Not surprised about the reviewers since they ate up DmC and Journy to the West.
>>
>>386630485
Never stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>386630630
hate to burst your bubble but trickster god was one of the high points, glad I did it after the fire one. Rest of the game is still good but you've already seen some of the best, be prepared for the fighting to progress into annoying as they just send too many fuckers for it to remain entertaining.
>>
>>386630630
If you believe the trickster god and the fire god are intense wait until you progress later in the game. The 3rd boss's lead up in insane.
>>
>>386630939
I liked the tunnels but the boss itself was meh, just dodge left n right and focus wack it with heavies until it dies

>>386630527
and I just remembered the level where you're blind that was probably the best, I was legit afraid I would just run off a cliff or some shit
>>
>>386631114
Yeah I know, It was a let down when the boss finally show itself. But the last phase of the fight almost made up for it. Having so little light that I could hardly see the boss was just so much excitement.
>>
>>386618736
>action movies starring 3DPD
It ALWAYS looks bad, because no 3DPD can match the graciousness of 2D. Recent GiTS movie is a prime example.
>>
>>386602763
>babbys first character action game
>babbys first puzzle game
>babbys first walking simulator
>babbys first horror game
so basically, it's a mutant collaboration of every other modern indie with "really makes ya think" tier writing
>>
>>386606097
>spoiler?

Fuck off.
>>
>>386617246
Holy shit those effects. I don't wanna have eye cancer. WTF now i love Enslaved.
>>
>>386631434
I'm sorry you shit eating weeb but the anime market will eventually sink and we will have an anime genocide due to it. Everyones waifu will be dead.
>>
>>386612552
It's literally the only text that appears for the whole game, and they pan away from everything to show you an unobstructed view of the message.

it's some blatant bullshit to make you care more for your character or something but it basically lost them a shit load of sales, nobody is going to specifically buy a game that does that, they only stood to lose by putting that in the game so prominently.

maybe it would have fit with the themes if the character or voices said shit about the sickness spreading whenever you revive, but it's the only game mechanic that they actually break immersion to explain to you, no one in game mentions it
>>
>>386621793
Wooden Gear : Revengence
>>
>>386604632
ninja theory has someone whoring their holes out to every reviewers possible

ever since heavenly sword they get unearned praise from their "story telling and breaking the mold" see every review of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, the protection from the DMC backlash, and now this game
>>
>>386616803

ugly lesbians = deep and engaging story, obviously
>>
she was raped?

also where is the rest of her tribe

i mean it's not like she os going to kill all the vikings
>>
>>386632892
>>386632874
She's explicitly heterosexual

she came back after the raid was finished, but there is a rape-like moment where she's knocked down and a monster is tugging on her from behind and she just cries until it stops
>>
>>386632983
Why do you SJW fags immediately assume it's rape? It was a crow like creature eating her alive. Fuck off with your stupid bullshit. Also, look at this fucking retard>>386632874. Literally the entire game she's saying how she can't do shit without her man, she needs her man, where is her man. But nope, anon need so hard to fit in, he'll just talk out of his ass. This ''game'' has obvious issues, main one being ''uhhh muh cinematic, games are art'' bullshit, but you retards just make shit up to appear so cool, wow, I'm so jaded, that makes me smarter than you wow, I only play 2d platformers, wow. Fuking shit board.
>>
>>386620113
That seems like a fair price considering there a games just like it and they cost more.
>>
>>386621793
Why does every game have combat like this, now? Even the new Spider-Man plays like this, FUCKING SPIDER-MAN!
>>
File: 1501113004388.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501113004388.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
Is the final boss really an interactive indie band track?

twitchtv/biberbros
>>
>>386633589
Because it's flashy and that's all the majority of the current market cares about.
>>
>>386620571

You're supposed to lose the fight, though. It's unwinnable not that in it's difficult, but that the game does not continue until you lose. You have to lose the final battle to get the ending.
>>
>>386602763
>autism simulator
>good
surely you're smarter than this anon
>>
>>386633268

is just a gam bro

yu dont have to be med
>>
>>386633268

She was actually being raped. Remember, it was a VIKING RAID where her LOVER'S HEAD WAS CUT OFF. What do you think happen to the women on a Viking raid? Obviously she got raped the entire night, then left to die.

>>386632892

I assume they're dead.
>>
>>386602763
after walking for 20 minutes i uninstalled the game
>>
>>386634290
But it's so fucking slow, it doesn't belong in a Spider-Man game and a couple others. Can you imagine DMC having this kind of combat?
>>
>>386604632
>>386620571
>>386634406
Halo Reach did this, and it wasn't a big deal.
>>
I kinda wanted to like this, the atmosphere is nice but that's ALL there is. I'll take a poor excuse for gameplay or combat over nothing at all, I don't mind games that prioritize the story over gameplay but this is just a fucking mess.
>>
>>386602763
looks terrible
>>
File: 1449716124798.png (75KB, 380x296px) Image search: [Google]
1449716124798.png
75KB, 380x296px
>>386604632

>grueling ""boss"" fight
>just fighting waves of common enemies and a recycled sponge until the end while indie rock plays

when will these meme end? why do western devs keep falling for it?
>>
It's worth a playthrough imo. The game itself is very trippy and the sound design is godlike with a headset, unique in a good way.

Don't go in this expecting complicated puzzles, depth in the combat or skippables cutscenes.
>>
File: 1497505920431.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497505920431.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>386617748
>I'm not saying to have every single female as a semen-demon, but still, it's totally fine to have good looking girls in game

thats clearly what youre saying retard seeing as how 99% of women in games look good
>>
>>386604632
That boss battle is literally what happens in Heavenly Sword. Bravo Kojima.
>>
>>386637115
>He thinks cromagnon and 50 year old Harley look good
>>
>>386602763
It's a game by tameem, don't fucking buy it.
>>
>>386637286
go kill yourself retarded weeaboo
>>
>>386623297
and thats why her face is ugly as fuck and uncanny, her lips are also nonexistant and her teeth are constantly showing also she always looks like shes smiling
>>
File: 6.png (60KB, 824x452px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
60KB, 824x452px
>>386602763
6/10 honnest
>>
>>386637913
English is clearly not your first language.
>>
>>386637913
>most
>lessers
>writing makes boxes
>outstanding achievement
>unskippable cutscenes written out like that

the fuck?

is English not your 1st language anon? it's ok
>>
>>386623297
You don't just mocap things, there's a ton of post mocap work to do, look at Bioware.
>>
>>386638038
I would but, ugh, my face is tired
>>
>>386637995
i didn't write this but you are right it's a french site
>>
It's so BORING
>>
File: 20170809060046_1.jpg (254KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170809060046_1.jpg
254KB, 3840x2160px
>>
Whats the production cost?
>>
>>386634890
but Halo Reach wasn't a shitty game
>>
>>386606879
this can't be real
>>
>>386609612
Anyone?
>>
>>386621793
i fucking hate that camera angle
>>
>>386640118
on her back next to his head
>>
>>386604632
Games that did this kind of betrayal right:

Eternal Darkness
Baten Kaitos
Shadow of Memories

This is the lazy version of this twist. It's unfulfilling when the twist itself is all of the substance rather than a device to increase engagement implemented in a unique way.
>>
>3 hours long
>skyrim level combat
>cinematic experience
this is the best action game the west can come uip with
>>
>>386621793
those animations are garbage
go back to mass effect
>>
>>386603085

>and the ending of the game is unfulfilling.

Same thing with Enslaved.
>>
>yet another piece of shit non-game gets glowing reviews

>valve releases a card game after all these years

>literally hasn't been even a half decent game release in months

remember when they said 2017 was a good year for gaming
>>
>>386641695
Splatoon 2 and Pyre were just last month.
>>
Remember when games were not artsy pretentious bs
>>
>>386608228
>Items used: 6
>Deaths: 2
>Final Score: SSS
What the fuck.
>>
File: Ihatovo_Monogatari_Coverart.png (200KB, 240x439px) Image search: [Google]
Ihatovo_Monogatari_Coverart.png
200KB, 240x439px
>>386642872
Not really, no.
>>
>>386641695
2017 hasn't been too bad
>RE7
>Nioh
>Nier Automata
>BoTW
>Tumbleseed
>Prey
>Rev 2
>Rime
>End is nigh
>>
File: tumblr_nqemmoNSVX1qd4q8ao1_500.gif (154KB, 498x387px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqemmoNSVX1qd4q8ao1_500.gif
154KB, 498x387px
>>386642872
>>386643171
If anything they've become less artsy and pretentious and more like your average teenager's shitty movie pitch.
>>
>>386643238
You forgot to add Bayonetta 2 being completely playable in CEMU
>>
>>386643496
Fuck forgot, Demon's Souls too.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 227x222px
>>386642872
>>386643171
>>386643284
Weird art games and post-modern critique has been supplanted with completely recycled ideas and uninspired visuals because of a combination of rising costs, the shift from niche hobby to mainstream, and a large chunk of the talent pool consisting of morons who've never read a book or spent their time pouring over a piece of art
>>
I played through Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

I thought they were both ok 6-7/10 games

Will I like this?
>>
>>386606783
>It's like an extremely watered down version of For Honor with retarded AI.
This is accurate.
>>
>>386643496
I actually completely forgot about that and DeS, but yea they should be on there too.

Either way, plenty of good games so far.
>>
>>386643625
Imagine Heavenly Sword with way less everything good, more filler, a slower walk speed, and lacking it's cool set pieces.

There's not even a cute sidekick like in those games.
>>
>>386643238
>RE7
>good
>>
You guys have to admit though, Senua's voice acting is pretty good, her screams are really visceral and it really gets to you.
>>
>>386643843
What's with Western devs and suffering women? Between this and Tomb Raider it's getting creepy.
>>
>>386643667
The recent update to RPSC3 I've heard completely fixed the game
I don't have a vulkan capable GPU so I can't play it yet, but ye
>>
>>386644582
I've yet to try either of them as I have a pretty heavy backlog at the moment, but yea I've heard similar things. Emulation is in such a good place at the moment
>>
>>386645083
It's fucking incredible how fast PS3 emulation is coming on.
There's amazing updates every fucking month, (they happen more often but I only read the monthly progress reports because I don't have the gpu to emulate that shit yet)
CEMU seems to be stuck trying to milk the BOTW cow, unfortunately, but I never wanted to play anything than Bayo 2 on the wiiu anyway
>>
It makes Lords of the Fallen look like GOTYAY
>>
i liked heavenly sword, but this just a boring walking simulator with pretentious ideas attached to it.
>>
>Watch Giant Bomb quick look
>Brad and Jason acting like this is the coolest game ever, glossing over the shitty combat
>Ryckert on Twitter says the game is shit and the combat is awful.
Why do people hate Dan again? He calls out NT when they need to be.
>>
File: 2331329-untitledqndc0.png (21KB, 520x280px) Image search: [Google]
2331329-untitledqndc0.png
21KB, 520x280px
>>386636206
Game outlets (mainly Polygon) pushed for years that "games didn't need boss fights anymore, they needed a last encounter of common enemies that's a challenge "
It's very strange but there's a section of folks who want boss fights removed completely.
>>
>>386645313
I really wanted MoHun 3U for CEMU, but I don't care too much anymore given world is coming to PC natively.
>>
>>386606242
It currently has an 88% review score on Steam. There's a chunk of people who don't like it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/
>>
>>386607131
The sad thing is people who wrote negative reviews of the game on Steam are being attacked.
>>
>>386643238
Rime is ten times more of a walking sim than Hellblade is.
>>
>>386649045
Rime was really relaxing though
>>
Has the game been cracked?
I'm interested but not $30 interested.
>>
>>386647229
Have you tried it yet?
Is it going in game? playable? or filled with bugs?
>>
>>386650069
Just watch a Lets Play. It's a cinematic experience.
>>
>>386650305
Blackscreens on boot, so 100% unplayable.
>>
>>386650324
>watch this movie while someone talks over the movie the whole time
don't be a retard
>>
>>386602861
he's reuploaded it and changed the score to a 7/10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=n4v7BQoMTGU&ab_channel=JimSterling
>>
>>386650594
The character hears voices in her head that the player gets stuck hearing too. There's already someone talking over the movie who whole time.
>>
>>386632093
I think it's suspicious that this game has had as many shills on this board as it has had. Ninja Theory's games were never known to be particularly any good. Now all of a sudden, we have people acting like they're masterful auteurs. It's just weird to me.
>>
>>386650594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rteBLfqiFj8
>>
>>386650825
I like Ninja Theory's games. I loved Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.
>>
>>386641057
What betrayal are you talking about mentioning Eternal Darkness here?

Last I recalled ED ended with you murdering the fuck out of Pious with the help of your personal cthulu
>>
>>386650468
Ah, shame.
It seems lately they're milking the BOTW cow so much they are actually improving other games to keep the zelda fanboy shit money coming in monthly
>>
File: 20170809173505_1.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170809173505_1.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/3.html

using this and now it looks quite better
>>
>>386602763
It's not very good game. It's great for faggot hipsters who read Shitaku for example, that's perfect for them. Go drink some frappe-fuck-alatte and drive a fixie then you enjoy this piece of cinematic garbage. But if you want an actual videogame... don't bother.
>>
>>386602763
Just pirated it.
I like listening about mythology shit and binaural h-audio is great but the rune/focus bullshit is annoying and boring as fuck.
Should've just made a movie or an automatic mode or just remove the hide and seek sections.
>>
>>386651298
Also the whispering is so fucking annoying. I played no, watched, the game for twohours and it's just literal garbage. Thank god I didn't pay a for it. Time to find another hobby if this is the future of western "gaming".
>>
>>386651503
Schizos hear voices. The game is a schizo's experience. It's obv that this stuff is in the game.
>>
>>386651019
Each of my examples has different forms of an unreliable narrator. ED is Third Person Unreliable Narration, where the game itself lies to you in order to better convey tone and mood. Baten is an interesting nearly-second person example, where the protagonist lies directly to you, the player . SoM turns things on its head by having the protagonist lie to themself in a way unrelated to mental disability or denial.

Each game misleads you in different ways, but that alone isn't the point. The misdirects are in service to the story. It's like how people love Unbreakable but hate The Happening. Unbreakable's twist only serves to elevate the story while The Happening's twist IS the story.
>>
>>386651646
>The game is a schizo's experience

Thanks for the heads up, I don't need another set of voices in my head telling me to kill myself or punch myself or light myself on fire
>>
>>386606879
no source released, so this nigga made it all up
>>
Just played the first 10 minutes, with headphones on.

The audio is top notch but FFS, the dialogue is annoying as fuck
>>
>>386651646
I don't give a fuck. If I want to know about schizophrenia I will watch documentaries about it or watch a fucking movie. When I want to play videogame instead... I will not touch this title.

You fucking faggot just kill yourself btw.
>>
>>386637115
>99% of women in games look good
What's wrong with that? Any normal sane human with healthy mind likes good looking people, both men and women.
But maybe this is too hard to understand for mentally ill SJW degenerate who obsesses with hideous trash.
>>
>>386653323
I can't wait until you get to the ending. The unwinnable final boss fight and the reveal that the entire game was a hallucination made it feel so pointless.
>>
>>386653727
>What's wrong with that?

where did I say its wrong? the only people who are crying here are the autists who think games arent allowed to have ugly women

>Any normal sane human with healthy mind likes good looking people, both men and women.

any normal sane human doesnt give a fuck let alone whine and cry over the attractiveness of X game character

>But maybe this is too hard to understand for mentally ill SJW degenerate

take your buzzwords back to memeddit where youll get your upvotes for following the perceived retard hivemind
>>
>>386602763
The game is pretty tedious. It feels like taking a 1hr psychology 101 class for 6 hours, everything is drawn out to make you care. I didn't care.

All of the textures in the game that aren't Senua are sub-par and at max settings 1440p on a 4.7 i7/1080ti I was at 100 fps, didn't make sense for how it looked.

Combat is a joke, on hard or otherwise. Apparently even if you die tonnes of times your game doesn't reset, I wouldn't know I didn't die once except for the 2 times you are forced to.
>>
>>386655278
>the only people who are crying here are the autists who think games arent allowed to have ugly women
>any normal sane human doesnt give a fuck let alone whine and cry over the attractiveness of X game character

Looks like you're kinda mad and deluded, just like that crazy woman on this game.
>>
>>386616803
>>386632874
>>386630383
>ugly
I guess that's what happens to your head when all women are 2D
>>
File: IMG_1703.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1703.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>386656857
no, she's just unnattractive
>>
>>386656205
how fucking retarded are you? Those statements dont contradict eachother in any way
>>
>>386655278
This is a video game board, of course there will be lots of people judge game character designs, including their appearance or "attractiveness". And I can assure you this is definitely not the only place where people care about this. After all, video games are heavily rely on visualization.

If you don't like to hear or read these things, maybe it's you need to leave rather than others.
>>
So from this thread I take it no one really likes the game except Tameme, who is vehemently defending every single decision, be it design, character model, artwork, story etc.?
Because one person seems obsessed with defending this thread at any criticism someone has about it.
>>
>>386657037
When did I mention "contradict"?? Just because I quote them? You're really kinda "mad", aren't you?
>>
>>386657228

u mad bro?
>>
I give the game a 3 out of 10. The gameplay felt tedious and the ending was a joke.
>>
Watched some gameplay
Looks like there's at most 1 fight every 10 minutes, and the game is only 3-5 hours long.

No thanks.
>>
>>386656857
The in-game model is really not quite attractive. And I think it's designed intentionally, because she's a suffering mad woman.
>>
>>386657052
Nobody here is talking about how the character actually looks or what her general design is, people are crying about her face like always because every single female character should look like a retarded moe anime girl without a single freckle. Your whining is the most shallow possible "criticism" of how a character looks
>>
How can the devs claim realistic depiction of mental illness when they use the voices to warn the player of incoming attacks the player can't see? It makes it seem like the voices are psychic powers.
>>
>>386657620
To be fair, I consider freckles extremely unattractive. And most women use concealer to hide things like that.
>>
>>386657037
What he's saying is that you're redit. And no one gives a fuck about your posts.
>>
>>386657657
It's not like the enemies are real.
>>
I'm going to suggest an alternative theory on the ending and general story.

Senua is nuts, and the entire game is her perspective as she goes to exact revenge against the Vikings that raided her village and murdered everyone she knew. She was already off her rocker, so these events threw her off the deep end and so Senua escapes to a world of total fabrication, the norse mythos which her brother seems to have told her completely of. In reality she wandered her razed region and likely killed every single Northman she encountered. Senua's physical appearance deteriorates, she acquires numerous seemingly permanent and consistent wounds that actually carry over even when her apparent psychosis has ended - some of which would be very difficult to inflict on yourself (but not impossible, however it feels unlikely she'd leave home in the wake of a raid and encounter no roaming scavengers.)

Somewhere along Senua's murder cruise she snapped totally, and the game reflects that. Gram might actually be Dillian's sword - but returning to that tree she knew him to frequent was likely too much to bear. When acquiring Gram, Senua seems to go through trials that summon memories of Dillian, and when she finally picks the sword up, she ends up in what seems to be a complete total nightmare realm. The game isn't quite the same after this,
either.
>>
I'm surprised people here have actually seemingly played it
>>
>>386606586
>You could masturbate, or play Nier Automata
Why not both?
>>
>>386658410

People here dont play games. They watch streams then talk as if they played.
>>
It's good. I enjoyed the puzzles, even though they were repetitive.

There is backtracking, and I dislike backtracking, but the game isn't long enough to be annoying.

The worst part was the combat. It looks great, is fluid, kinda makes sense, but boy is it annoying towards the end. Too many enemies that look the same and they just keep coming. I spent 10 minutes fighting guys with an "upgraded" sword that did not feel like it did any more damage than my previous, shitty sword.

Story is good, but remember it's about psychosis.
>>
File: 4a4.png (826KB, 900x1197px) Image search: [Google]
4a4.png
826KB, 900x1197px
>>386621074
TB be like
>>
>>386657620
>Nobody here is talking about how the character actually looks or what her general design is, people are crying about her face
So talking about her facial appearance is not talking about her looks? Her face is not her actually looks? Is that what you're implying? You're already contradicting yourself in the first sentence.

>because every single female character should look like a retarded moe anime girl without a single freckle.
I haven't seen anyone say that except you. Are you deluded?

If you don't like the way people make "criticism" here then you’re welcome to go. Nobody stop you.
>>
File: kermit6.png (53KB, 199x183px) Image search: [Google]
kermit6.png
53KB, 199x183px
>>386657010
>>386656857
All this effort to capture her face and the in-game model ended up looking like a fucked up ayy lmao version of the actress.
This has to be an achievement on its own.
>>
>>386659232
>So talking about her facial appearance is not talking about her looks?
>how the character actually looks or what her general design is, people are crying about her face like always

aka youre a retarded weeaboo, discussion closed. Even average virgin neckbeards dont whine about how females in games look to this extent
>>
>>386602763
it deals with mental issues.

10/10

who cares about gameplay?
>>
File: don't open this.png (254KB, 555x399px) Image search: [Google]
don't open this.png
254KB, 555x399px
>>386658410
Well it's only been bought by about 20k people, even with such DoA numbers at least a couple of anons had to play it.
>>
>>386609604
>you can block
what the fuck
not like i got a sword to test it out with now :^)
>>
>>386623297
but the spirit guy that pops up near the start is just a video overlayed, you can check it by going into photo mode
>>
>>386659862
But /v/ just doesn't play games, especially games like these
It's not even japshit
>>
File: Robot Devil.jpg (1MB, 2600x1466px) Image search: [Google]
Robot Devil.jpg
1MB, 2600x1466px
>>386660875
There's more degenerates here than you think anon.

I mean there's a decent amount of people who suck Uncharted 4's dick so there is some precedent for mentally ill anons who enjoy walking simulator / "cinematic experience" vidya.

It's unfortunate but that's the world we live in you know?
>>
I'm not going to lie, I would like a game with a perma death system, it would make things more tense imo, but i'm sure most people hate that sort of thing
>>
>>386660875
>>386661216
if you guys want a blog where everyone agrees with your opinions,then checkout these:
>reddit
>blogspot
>>
>>386661608
>I spout meme phrases I don't understand to fit in
>>
>>386661718
>meme phrases
i just say a random line outta my mind and it's a meme somehow,quite nice
>>
>>386661816
Yeah, very random. I've never heard anyone use that line before.
I'm not so sure it's your mind as it is the hivemind you try so hard to be apart of, while at the same time distancing yourself from the notion
>>
>game is being praised for being like Dark Souls
>except it's a linear exposition-heavy unskippable cutscene ridden casual shitfest full of QTEs
>they only say it's like dark souls because it deletes your save if you lose (which ended up not being true)
>>
>>386662083
arguing with you is useless,so, why are you mad anyways?
>>
>>386663218
Not mad, just making a point you can't refute lad
>>
>>386663424
let's be friends!
>>
The gameplay sucks but I liked it enough to play till the end. I don't usually like story heavy games but this one kept me engaged and interested until the end, plus it helps that it's pretty short in comparison to other types of story games. It was a welcome deviation from the usual action games I play most of the time.
>>
>>386664464
I'm cool with that, just don't do the whole muh reddit muh tumblr boogeyman as often and we're good mate
>>
>>386664640
all this in 4 hours for only 30 bucks!
>>
>>386664803
If you're too poor to buy it just pirate it on PC. It's not like it's a hardware demanding game.
>>
>>386602763
>How's the gameplay?
Who cares when the story is this psycho shit.Whoever came up with this garbage gotta be autistic as hell.This is not normal.
>>
>>386665431
Mental illness is a real thing anon.
>>
>>386665431
>This is not normal.
"Leave me alone mom I'm shooting nazi zombies!"
>>
>>386665673
I've been here long enough to know that first hand.
Still i've always found /v/ to be one of the saner boards.
>>
>>386665834
>hating on return to castle wolfenschtein
Wow careful with that edge there.
Faggot.
>>
>>386605868
Where does it imply that she was raped?
>>
>>386665875
If you think this place is sane then you are actually retarded. I'm not even joking, something is fundamentally wrong with you.
>>
>>386666078
i think it was implied in the feature they included, nothing was hinted in the story though.
>>
File: yoda.jpg (33KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
yoda.jpg
33KB, 500x378px
>>386666130
>>
File: Desktop_08.08.2017_05.16.42.37.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Desktop_08.08.2017_05.16.42.37.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>386659513
how this is fucked and unnatractive
That comparision isshit since he us s old old ref picture
>>
>>386667030
They gave her manjaw and literally made the same shit as with their other characters like from DmC, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved
Literally same characters with fucked up manjaws and fat faces
>>
>>386667320
You're a delusional weeb.
>>
>>386667397
And I'm not at all
Fuck off Tameem
>>
>>386667320

You do realize people in real life share traits from both sexes right? Manjaws arent a exclusive to men.

I've seen asian fuckboys more feminine than actual women.
>>
>>386667592
The only way that's a manjaw OR a fat face is if you're used to chins like this
>>
File: 346324788.jpg (12KB, 287x284px) Image search: [Google]
346324788.jpg
12KB, 287x284px
game has alot of gamebreaking glitches sadly
especially when reloading during the middle of a puzzle arena
game mechanic uses perspectives to make paths accessable. after reloading it can happen that the game confuses the on/off status of objects and an appearing bridge isnt passable anymore while you fall over the cliff while the bridge is invisible.
if you arent lucky and make the game trigger the correct events again your progress is pretty much lost.
>>
>>386667817
>>386667979
Yes, I do
Still you should be fucked in the head if you don't see any difference between the actual actress and character
>>
>>386645313

It's mostly because they got DeS working, at least on a basic level.

DeS was the flagship game, and once that got working, a bunch of decent coders suddenly figured out a TON of shit about the platform and all started working in tandom because they're autists who fucking love Demon Souls. Everything related was just downfall because of DeS.

MIYAZAKI DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>386668813
The difference is negligible. It's the same way Quiet looks different from Stefanie. It's hardly a massive fuck-up and even less evidence of an intentional effort to make her ugly.
>>
Where was the promotion
>>
>>386668018
i found the opposite once, tried completing a puzzle that involved running to a bridge and putting it down before the beast gets you. I died and the bridge was still down when I came back.
>>
Anyone fucked around with the NVIDIA Ansel crap?
>>
>>386621793
I think i'v eseen the entire game from this part already
>>
>>386605868
The equivalent of the shitty stories you used to write as a kid and couldn't think of an ending.

>And then I woke up and it was just a dream
>>
It's a nice game at a fair price.
>>
It's a fair game at a nice price
>>
I'm really enjoying.
-It has a nice thick atmosphere.
-Senua is likable and relatable. She feels very human.
-The combat is satisfying and simple, and you actually feel your sword connect.
-It overall looks gorgeous and is a great presentation.
-The puzzles are interesting, fairly simple too. Voice acting is great.
- I'm enjoying the story. It's deep in Viking lore, not sure how much of it is accurate however but that doesn't bother me.

It's one of the better new games I've played in a while.
>>
>>386664901
tfw 80c on my 970

FUCK IT SMELLS
>>
>>386602763
8/10 experience from the graphics to the psychological aspect, and the voice acting is top notch. Give me a longer sequel.
>>
File: FuckYou.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FuckYou.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>386602763
It's kinda ok. I can't find anything it does too bad where it pissed me off, but nothing interesting enough for me to either play again or keep on my PC. It exists and will be forgotten like every Ninja Theory game that isn't DmC, which now lives through memes.
>>
>>386629858
>>386643034
Yeah, I was playing like shit when I took that image. I think I was one of the harder difficulties and my spirit was broken at that point, just pressing buttons. When I saw my score, I had to make a screenshot.
>>
File: 569563343.jpg (222KB, 1680x1049px) Image search: [Google]
569563343.jpg
222KB, 1680x1049px
>>386672146
>longer sequel
it needs more "game"
some actual level design, memorable areas outside of some eye candy setpieces
i like the "experience" but budget compromises are all over the place
>>
>>386656857
>Actress is beautiful
>In game she looks horrible

Man games need to stop relying on facial capture, same thing happened with Quiet in MGSV
>>
>>386675417
>Quiet in MGSV
Agreed. I didn't find Quiet as attractive as the game/Kojima was forcing onto you, yet when I saw the actress I thought she was quite pretty and not the human-potato in the game.
>>
File: 3DM Hacker Godess 2.jpg (133KB, 1374x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3DM Hacker Godess 2.jpg
133KB, 1374x1024px
>>386602763
>See this game
>Check Steam for videos/screenshots
>It's out, not pre-order, not early access

Z E R O
E
R
O

G A M E P L A Y

This kind of fucking bullshit should get developers suspended from steam.
>>
>>386676759
The gameplay is very limited.
You walk forward a LOT, solve very simple "puzzles" (finding matching shapes in the environment), and subpar combat with pretty good animation and music.

It's a walking sim with incidental gameplay.
>>
Stop bumping this thread. I have an epic thread in mind about this game and if this doesn't go I can't create it.
>>
>>386657657
Because the attacks are also in her head.

Which is neat foreshadowing if you think about it.
>>
File: 1377127644528.jpg (835KB, 1286x864px) Image search: [Google]
1377127644528.jpg
835KB, 1286x864px
>>386677142
Ok, but my point was people should be fucking fined and suspended for not CLEARLY SHOWING GAMEPLAY in the FUCKING steam videos/screenshots. I swear, 4 times out of mother FUCKING 5 I check a game on steam, I have to sift through so much fucking bullshit just to find a few seconds of GAMEPLAY, and some games like this don't even fucking show it clearly.
>>
>>386657010
who's that alium on the right
>>
>>386667320
>manjaw
you have to go back
>>
File: ninja-theory_logo.jpg (31KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-theory_logo.jpg
31KB, 1920x1080px
How has this fucking shitshow mockery of a game studio been allowed to still stand?

JUST DIEEEEEEEEEE ALREADY
>>
so if they do make a sequel who wants to bet Dillion comes back as another angry voice that's pissed he abandoned her? Make us whole Senua, make us whole
>>
>>386677250
What?
>>
>>386677363

>>386621793
there you go senpai, that + some simple pluzzles and a lot of voices in your ears
>>
People say the gameplay is shit but is it shittier than, say, OG Nier's by a lot?
>>
>>386679358
OG Nier completely dominates ninja theory's school project in every aspect. Go home Tameem.
>>
>>386656857
She's cute though. The character is ugly.
>>
>>386605868
Wait how crazy was she? Did none of it happen at all and she just made it up?
>>
>>386680425
She wasn't raped, that is anon making stuff up. She was a schizo like her mother and for that reason she was isolated from the community. While she was away, Vikings destroyed her village and when she came back her lover/friend was dead. Anyway it's all in her mind, probably. Or maybe the guys that she kills are the vikings she found on her way to resurrect her friend. It's not clear. She crazy as fuck.
>>
>>386656857
Modeling women using real models always looks shit. Remember that potato face Miranda from ME2? The game was trying to convince you she looked perfect so that was fun to laugh at I guess.
>>
I wanted to like this game, but it's so damn boring.
>>
This game made me realize there should be more games with ASMR specifically incorporated into it.
>>
>>386682367
regular ASMR has the same amount of gameplay as this ''game'' so you are already covered
>>
>>386681071
Isn't that because they edit the model once they scanned the person? Usually the face is shaped differently.
>>
>>386605197
Well DmC was pretty awesome, so maybe I'll check this out if it's really better.
>>
>>386683282
Human faces do not look good in general. Thats why people cover them up with facial hair, make up, hairstyles etc etc. If you want a face in your game to look good it must be designed to look good.
>>
>>386683720
Just scan in the faces of actors and models.
>>
>>386684016
Thats part of the reason it doesnt work. Scanning a face alone and putting it on a 3d model looks uncanny. ME2 had Mirandas human face in a head the clearly didnt fit her. The only way to ''fix'' this would be to scan the whole body. The most successful attempt was Quiet and even her just looked like a regular human. Thing is, even the ''good looking'' actors are not really good looking to begin with and need tons of makeup and camera tricks to look good on the screen to begin with. If you need to go through all that trouble and then scan them. Might as well desigh an original model to begin with. I say ''to begin with'' a lot, I know.
>>
>>386684489
Partof the problem with the way its done in Hellblade specifically is that in a bunch of cutscenes Senua's in game model is juxtaposed with a bunch of real actors.

It looks really fucking uncanny.
>>
>>386602763
I'm three hours in and it's pretty good desu. I got the hang of the combat and it's very enjoyable even though it's really repetitive, puzzles are too easy but fun to solve
>>
Any nudity?
>>
Why does this bitch keep hearing voices?
>>
File: 123121.jpg (38KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
123121.jpg
38KB, 667x720px
That fucking dog boss that makes you fight in complete darkness
>>
This game's story and the documentary is very interesting. It's not as simple as "lel depression" i really recommend watching the documentary. unironically made me think
>>
>>386685545
maximum pretentiousness, can you imagine charging 30 dollars for this without the voices?
>>
File: 4sFcd7B.jpg (136KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4sFcd7B.jpg
136KB, 900x1080px
That trial where you had to navigate past hordes of pulsating goop meat monsters in the dark

Absolutely kino
>>
>>386677250
Laughing at you
>>
>>386677250
bump
>>
The game was average, but it had its moments. Gameplay is cool at first but quickly becomes tedious after a few hours, same for the puzzles.
>tfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeNF2aB_FGU starts playing

>>386685579
Best boss imo, I didn't like Valravn and Surtr was too easy.

>>386685908
I was legit scared for a few seconds before deciding to get past them. This trial was great.
>>
>>386677250
Give us some hints
>>
>>386604913
I don't hate Ninja Theory games I just think they're very mediocre with some kinda interesting ideas that never get fleshed out well enough. Their games are perfect for a weekend rental if renting was still a thing.
>>
all I can say is FUCK YOU
>>
>>386620826
No it doesn't and don't make fun of the mentally disabled that's not cool dude even 4chan won't go that far. Take it to the deepweb if you can't control yourself.
>>
>>386666328
1)First time you're touched by darkness she straight up says:
>I won't resist anymore, just give him back.
2)The bird boss pecking at her.
Jesus Christ, look at the subtext.
>>
>>386666078
main character is female. Females think that fart in their presence is tantamount to rape. Wouldn't be hard to believe that she was "raped" somehow.

Action game featuring a professional victim with plot armor.

Save your money.
>>
>>386659137
I knew 8gag was cancer but this post really bakes the cake.
>>
>>386604426
Remember that all the reviews for Donte's game were positive too.
>>
>>386633589
It's flashy and helps make people who suck at video games feel like they just did something really cool that requires skill.
>>
>>386687783
What money? This game was released on GoG. They don't expect you to buy it.
>>
>>386688149
I feel like donating money to the devs really because of the work they put into the game and due to the research they did and the story they tried to tell
>>
>>386642872
Not really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZS6JVCDI9s
>>
File: 20170810061645_1.jpg (386KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170810061645_1.jpg
386KB, 3440x1440px
I'm having mixed feelings on this game desu. I like Senua as a female lead far more than in your face feminist agenda pushing like Aloy, but at the same time the game isn't really giving me any reason to care about her character either.

Visuals are great, runs butter smooth at 3440x1440 on max settings.

Audio is also great quality, helps the atmosphere a lot.

Combat... feels fluid and good in concept but is lacking any kind of actual depth. It'd of been nice if they fleshed this out a bit more. The same can be said for enemies and encounters.

Level design outside of a visual aspect is dull and uninspired. The puzzles are incredibly simplistic and just tedious rather than interesting.

Over all, I am enjoying it but this feels like a very rough draft rather than a finished game. Still better than a lot of shit coming out lately but that's not saying much.
>>
>>386643496
Also last month the current hardware Sega uses for their arcade games got a really good emulator so now you can play Initial D Stage 6 on your computer.
>>
File: 121.jpg (28KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
28KB, 400x600px
>>386621074
I see my good old friend total biscuit is enjoying himself on twitter yet again
>>
can some one translate this post >>386651829

I think we hit gold here
>>
>>386604632
Welp I won't even bother pirating it this sounds awful
>>
>>386677250
zozzle
>>
File: 1468394178884.jpg (74KB, 404x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468394178884.jpg
74KB, 404x345px
>>386604632
I think I can safely purge the game and the torrented iso from my PC now.

What a shitshow of a "game".
Thread posts: 404
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.