[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so easy compared to the first one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: 2336726-crash2.png (2MB, 962x813px) Image search: [Google]
2336726-crash2.png
2MB, 962x813px
Why is this game so easy compared to the first one?
>>
The individual levels were easier but 100%ing it was harder
>>
>>386600713

FPBP

At least if we're talking about the remakes anyways. Fuck the old gem and save systems.
>>
>>386600713
Eeeeehhhhhh I'd still say 100%ing Crash 1 is harder than 100%ing Crash 2
>>
File: 1501904726700[1].png (30KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501904726700[1].png
30KB, 245x250px
>>386600713
Is this true? I've been 100%ing the games anyway, haven't just played through levels as is and I find Crash 2 more tricky really.

Crash 1 I found really fun, never really difficult either after the first difficulty spike that was Native Fortress. Crash 2 on the other hand has been pissing me off. There are far, far too many gimmicks, too much bollocks and the controls just don't seem as tight. Ice levels can piss right off, nothing worse than those
>>
>>386600627
You got abilities.
>>
>>386601153

Crash 3 will really piss you off if 2's gimmicks are getting to you.
>>
>>386600627
less focus on precision platforming, tighter controls, and the ability to die and still get gems helped quite a bit
>>386600713
Not really. The only pain in the ass in the hidden box in Cold Hard Crash.
>>
>>386601153
>crash 2's controls aren't as tight as crash 1's controls
okay what the fuck
>>
>>386601153

Revisiting 2 I feel similarly. When Crash 1 challenged me I wanted to try again until I got it. There were times in 2 where I just wanted to put the controller down because I wasn't enjoying it. Still 100%'d it but I definitely enjoy 1 more as a game.
>>
>>386600713
Don't know about that

Took me 2 and a half weeks to 100% Crash 1, and only about 6 days for Crash 2 on the N Sane trilogy

But then again, I never played Crash 1 when I was younger
>>
>>386600627
Less gaps that are the length of your jump arc and less perceived difficulty coming from waiting about for platforms to line up. Crash isn't meant to be painfully difficult, 2 gets the difficulty right for the most part.

>>386601153
>the controls don't seem as tight
couldn't disagree more
>>
>>386601323

Piston It Away is almost as bad, not to mention the obscure logic employed in some of its colored gems and secret exits. Secrets are cool and all but some of them like the Bee-having secret exit or triggering the blue gem are just dumb.
>>
>>386601361
I feel the same. Crash feels more floaty and imprecise in 2.
>>
>>386601558

>Less gaps that are the length of your jump arc

Yeah, because of slide jumps. I mean, it might be easier without them but I wouldn't know because why the fuck would I not use slide jumps?
>>
>>386601590
I still think it's easier than Crash 1 but harder than Crash 3
>>
Because the first one was artificial difficulty.
>>
>>386601796
no it was just ultra precise platforming in a 3d environment which is stupid and ND realized this.
>>
>>386601364
See I feel the opposite. I had to stop multiple times on 1 purely because of the high road.
I finished it in the end but I wasn't having fun anymore.
Especially considering the high road killed me more than crash 2 and 3 put together.
>>
>>386602205
High Road was extremely easy to me. Slippery Climb was the nightmarish one. Also the boulder runs always fucked me over because I played with the D-Pad and the analog stick is much better for those sections.
>>
>>386601697
I don't think it was just a happy accident that the slide jump solved that problem. Seems to me that it was identified as an issue in the first game and resolved in the second independent of the slide jump. I mean they could've included jumps the length of the slide jump but they held off on that outside of bonus areas. It just isn't that interesting of a challenge . Timing a pixel perfect jump is about as fun as trying to stop a slot machine spinning at the right time.
>>
>>386600713

Crash 1 is much harder to 100% because failure is not tolerated. Even the remake is harder because of the colored gem levels and the physics.
>>
>>386601219
Bloody hell. I thought Crash 3 would tone that shit down. I was looking forward to Crash 3 too, just to get away from 2 and hoping it was more like 1

>>386601361
Bad phrasing. They all control the same at the basic level, don't they?
I meant the sort of loss of control when you're on the ice, or some other levels where they mix things up like the waterboard, and all that tripe.
I don't know though, does Crash control different between games? I seem way better at Crash 1

>>386601364
>When Crash 1 challenged me I wanted to try again until I got it.
This so much. Exactly how I feel. Even when Native Fortress popped up, I never felt angry, just determined to get it right, because I knew it was all in my control. I felt it was simpler too, so by extension I just found the game easier.
It's why I don't really understand when people insist Crash 1 is tough as nails and Crash 2 is easier. I didn't struggle much with Crash 1, got to 99 lives naturally actually. Crash 2, I've been meddling around 30.
100%ing Crash 2, having to go back through death routes just to get all crates, meaning you have to play a platformer with the level coming backwards, anticipating what's coming just feels unfair. Especially when those damn beehives pop up, took me a while to get used to them.
I'm on the last warp room in Crash 2, got everything so far but like I said, it just feels a bit trickier to me.

>>386601558
>Less gaps that are the length of your jump arc
See, I find Crash 2 weird because of this, because you can slide and jump. Moreover, you can slide and jump and then spin for an even higher jump. So sometimes I find it hard to gauge which jump the game wants me to do. Crash 1 I felt was fine. I've probably failed more jumps in 2 than 1.

I genuinely find 2 more tricky, didn't struggle with 1. I'd say 1 actually rekindled my love for 3D platformers. 2 isn't doing much for me, I don't understand how the common opinion seems to be different.
>>
>>386602205

High Road wasn't that big of a deal to me until the time trial. Got my shit pushed in for a couple days on that one.
>>
>>386602992
This made me realise something. In Crash 1, there were certain levels I just didn't bother time trialing. I knew they would be too time consuming so I just left it.
Crash 2 I've done every level.
But even that said, >>386602916 here, I think Crash 2 is the more trickier game. Crash 1 has a few pain in the ass levels though
>>
Crash 1 is da bes
>>
>>386602916
>They all control the same at the basic level, don't they?
I found Crash 1 a bit more stiff, which ironically helped with tight platforming.

Crash 2 is a lot more floaty, meaning Crash just flies off the screen everywhere when you jump.
>>
File: 1491485785032.png (832KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491485785032.png
832KB, 1000x1000px
>doing the platinum relics for 3
>grinding away on sphynxinator for hours
>time it perfectly so that I never have to wait at one of the doors, perfect cycle
>1 second off plat
>look up how to do it
>turns out two 3 second crates spawn behind you at the beginning
>get it first try

I'm not mad, I'm not fucking mad at all.

>>386600713
Crash 2 is a lot easier to 100% if you know the warps beforehand (I found a lot of them by stumbling into them as a kid and reading them in cheat books)
>>
>>386604378
Well then I'll use this as the reason I'm failing more jumps. Crash 1 I handled well. Every point I just knew when I was at fault and what I could do better. Even when I'd make the jump and fall, I'd generally know prior if I wasn't going to make it. I felt completely responsible for all my failures. Crash 2 isn't the same, levels just feel trickier because of gimmicks and I do fall off more often.

Honestly I do think the levels in Crash 2 are harder than 1. Hell, I still have trouble dealing with those Chompers that spit acid at you in Crash 2. I just slide and jump that hard
>>
>>386602475
>slippery climb
agreed. That level beat me to hell and back, I had to stop playing multiple times just on that level.
>>
>>386604849
I honestly don't think Crash 2 is harder, mostly because you can fly through the levels if you know what you're doing and know where the obstacle placement is. Only levels I had trouble with were the ones that required a bit more tight platforming like the Stream levels, due to the more floaty physics and controls as stated before.

Crash 1 isn't the same. You may know what you're doing, but you still need to have your attention 100% on the game at all times or you fuck up and even levels that I have memorized completely can still feel challenging. It's a lot more fun, though, I feel.
>>
>>386604849
>>386605416
And Crash 1 is also much more of a bitch due to the obnoxiously bad save system.
>>
Didn't they make the remaster so Crash controlled the same across all 3 versions?

And that's why people finnd Crash 1 harder?
>>
File: 53_4.jpg (16KB, 360x269px) Image search: [Google]
53_4.jpg
16KB, 360x269px
>the Stormy Ascent relic trophy
>>
>>386605518
Kind of. N Sane Crash 1 controls closer to OG Warped, but his overall speed is slower and jump arc is floatier when compared to N Sane 2 and 3.

That's part of why 1 gets complaints on being hard. The other is that Crash himself has a pill shaped hitbox, and many platform edges are rounded now rather than flat, meaning he ends up sliding off of platforms that he should have landed safely on.
>>
>>386605628
I hear you man it's a bitch. Took me 3 hours but i finally got it. Keep trying!
>>
>>386605416
>t you still need to have your attention 100% on the game at all times
I get that, but I also enjoyed it a lot more because of it. You're right in I don't seem to have that feeling as much in Crash 2 though. Maybe that's why I do die more often, just not paying as much attention.
I don't know, I doubt that's the case but like I said, I just find Crash 2 a bit more tricky. Maybe harder isn't the completely right word, but things don't seem to go my way as much.

I feel like Crash 1 had a focused set of things which you needed to get good at, and once you were you're fine. Timing was key, timing of your jumps, and also timing yourself on the levels as to when to make the jump on to the moving platform or how to avoid the enemy. If you sat and waited a bit, you could figure it out before proceeding. Crash 2 opens it up, and timing isn't as key anymore. And even you're saying you can fly through levels if you know where the obstacle placement is. That feels wrong to me, because that's not how you approach the levels when playing for the first time.
Maybe it's a combination of it all, paired with the floaty controls. I have more stupid deaths in Crash 2 than in Crash 1 too, and the bizarre thing is I've played through Crash 1 so theoretically should have got that shit out of my system.
>>
>>386605764
>jump arc is floatier
Isn't 2 supposed to be the floaty one?
>>
>>386606071
Surprisingly no. His movement speed is upped in N Sane 2, and his jumps seem to start and end sooner than N Sane Crash 1. Despite this, 2 and 3 are much easier in this collection. I think due to the og games' move away from absolute pinpoint platforming and became more forgiving.
>>
>>386605854
The crazy thing is, I don't even think the level is that hard. High Road has pissed me off a lot more so far.

It's just so damn long and if you mistime one thing, you have to start all the way fuck over. Working on it though.
>>
>>386606571
That's why the timetrials are just a pain in the ass. It's a mix between wanting to do it quick, and needing to sit back and wait to get your timing right.
>>
>>386606710
Yeah, adding the Relics to Crash 1 really shows how much that game was NOT designed for speedruns. Some levels are really fun to rush through, and some are so cycle-based they're a nightmare to try and Platinum, like Native Fortress or The Lab
>>
>>386606710
>>386606817
I only care about the platinum trophy, don't give two shits about getting platinum relics. Thank god they allowed for gold relics in the trophies.

Got the Crash 1 and 2 plat, haven't started 3 yet. Decided to go back and finish Crash 1 for good with Stormy Ascent, and now that's the only thing in my way between me and Warped.

Don't think Warped should be too bad, probably only the racing stages
>>
>>386606817
Native Fortress is actually very easy to time trial since you can jump behind the gate and skip half that timing bollocks
>>
>>386607030
Warped gives out golds like candy.
>>
>>386607030
I think I'll end up with every trophy besides the relics. It's something I could do, but it's just going to be a pain in the ass, and take too much time. The Plat will forsake me
>>
>>386607118
Sure if you're going for Gold. Platinum is almost impossible though.
>>
>>386607030
Warped was def the easiest to complete. The worst Time Trial i dealt with was Hog Ride, the first motorcycle level.
>>
Favorite tracks from both the originals and the N-Sane Trilogy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbs6aq1_q_0
>>
>>386608648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZYMe6logTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZB817mvhiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTVhIFENgq4
>>
>>386609516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9izHoZTrEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Cu48C5V6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtSata34QYk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>386601590

Literally found all those on my own. Once you find the secret in the Jet Ski level the Bee-Having one is intuitive to find.
>>
>>386600713
Fuck off no it isn't.
>>
Post Coco
>>
File: Coco Peace Sign.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Coco Peace Sign.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>386611249
>>
I don't like Crash 2
>>
Crash 3 is the worst of the trilogy.
>>
>>386612771
Don't say that I was looking forward to getting to it
>>
Everyone wanks over this and Crash Team Raving, with good reason too, but bloody hell I want a Crash Bash remaster so hard.
That game was the shit
>>
Time trials are just bullshit, why are they in the game?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.