[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

isnt this game trash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: download.png (15KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
15KB, 255x198px
isnt this game trash?
>>
>>386598863

Is it? Have you played?
>>
File: 1500153183091.png (269KB, 414x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500153183091.png
269KB, 414x480px
>>386598884
>>
>every single EU character got deleted
>anet unable to restore the accounts

Can't make this stuff folks.
>>
>>386599390
that happend??? holy fuck
>>
No it's good.

for an mmo
>>
>>386600864
why baby girl
>>
File: gwt.jpg (238KB, 1031x574px) Image search: [Google]
gwt.jpg
238KB, 1031x574px
>>386599425
Power failure at the EU datacenter. They're currently in the process of bringing everything back online.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/895005800351113217
>>
>>386601456
Great timing with the expansion release data right around the corner.
>>
No reason to complain you babies...
>>
>buy HoT
>try Revenant
>get a staff
wtf it's melee
>>
>be me age 16
>guild wars gets released
>love the game to death and all the expansions that they shilled along with it
>my favorite mmo, nothing else compares anymore
>hear news of "guild wars 2"
>be hyped as fuck and pre-order
>be playing the exclusive pre-order early access
>be playing for a few hours when i realise the game is shit
>my friends insist it would get better
>be disillusioned and refund the game trying to withhold my manly tears
>they all admited it was shit and regret the waste of time that killed the real guild wars

my video game innocence died for good that day, horrible game
>>
>>386598863
One man's trash is another man's gold.
>>
>>386602053
as someone who never played DAOC, GW2 was a solid 10/10 for several months
>>
>>386602297
several days?
>>
>>386600979
Combat is fluid and enjoyable. Has room for improving your own skills. Not as good as Tera, far from the shit FFXIV is.

Plenty customization for those who like to look pretty.

Balanced playing types: pvp, raids/dungeons, pve.
- gw2 pvp and wvwvw isn't the best. but you can jump in quickly and not worry about gears to have some fun.
- raids/dungeons aren't the best. but I actually enjoyed playing a "story mode" dungeon than aftewards coming back for more with an "explore" mode, which is more challenging. Though surely this is only the "upside" of "lol only X dungeons repeat each 3 times".
- pve: has a much better "quest" system which is a blend of your personal story with the hearts/dynamic events. Still lots of "kill this and bring that" type of thing but has much more variety than traditional mmos. Story itself has retarded writing but it's still a lot more than most mmos will offer you as a "main quest". Great large maps to explore and challenge puzzles, now with mounts.

I fucking love how everybody shares EXP and loot (if you hit enough), which allows a lot of people to participate in a quest for the same goal. Sure this leads to lots of zerging, but sometimes that's fun too.

Another great thing is how fluid everything works. Teleports are quick, you can access auction house wherever you are, account-wide items and money, easy crafting without having to always go back to your storage and pickup the materials etc.

Graphics are still quite good for a 2012 game. Add-ons are now officially allowed. Living story and expansions bring new content all the time (although sometimes retarded content - at least they try).

All in all, it's a very well made, polished game. You'll find better examples of pvp or combat mechanics elsewhere. But gw2 delivers a good experience on all fronts, even if not the best possible experience in any single front. That's why it's very enjoyable. Also never had a problem with the community.

Plus free to play base game
>>
>>386602297
Not him, but to me it only felt like that during the beta because it was all new and shiny. Once it released and I hit level 30-40 it became boring as fuck.
-No trinity, yet nothing to replace it. Only role is dps.
-Skills are all tied to weapons which prevents you from making interesting varied builds.
-Can only really choose the 3 utility spells, which are utility so longish cd's and most are boring.
-traits felt really bleh and only a few felt practical.
-Only gear anyone uses is zerker other than a few special butterflies.
-fucking downed mechanic made pvp annoying.
-All "quests" boil down to the same few actions as you fill the hearts, most without real dialogue or interesting storylines. 90% of the time you are just 2 people gesturing at each other in chat, no animations or actions.
-For whatever reason the UI art looks really bad to me. Not sure just what about it triggers me.

Jumping puzzles were pretty bomb, I'll give them that.
>>
>>386599390
Maybe you guys will get the expansion for free?

HoT that is.
>>
File: wojak-rage.jpg (111KB, 834x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-rage.jpg
111KB, 834x1000px
>>386601456
>mfw i had just updated my drivers and thought the problem was on my side and spent hours trying to fix it
>>
Works fine on my PC :^) :^)

:::::^^^^^^^))))))
>>
File: 1498664742866.jpg (16KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1498664742866.jpg
16KB, 500x565px
>>386603062
>>386603147
You forgot:
-Shit economy to force people to buy gems.
-Regular gem store content gets added and new content unlocked by playing the game is very rare.
-When stuff is unlockable by playing, it's usually attached to both a grind, a hard challenge, and/or a gold sink.
-The devs actively ignore player for weeks or months, until they see their cash shop or online numbers take a hit, THEN they act like they care and try to slowly patch shit in a halfhearted way.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.