[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YIIK: postmodern rpg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: Y2k-title.png (319KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
Y2k-title.png
319KB, 600x403px
Is anyone H Y P E D for this game?

>25 Hour Postmodern Japanese RPG style campaign!
>Journey in the late 90’s, on the eve of the world’s end, in this surreal RPG experience.
>Inspired by stuff like Twin Peaks, Life is Strange and Frank Zappa!
>Unique combat that blends action based moves, with turn based combat.
>Fight complex and epic battles featuring up to eight party members.
>Explore and solve six unique dungeons filled with puzzles and traps!
>Fully voiced acted campaign featuring voices by Chris Niosi(Kirbopher/Disgaea 5), Clifford Chapin(Attack on Titan), Andrew Fayette (Yuri of Wind), and many more!
>Expansive soundtrack including works by Andrew Allanson(Two Brothers), Calum Bowen(Lovely Planet), Toby Fox(Undertale), Hiroki Kikuta(Secret of Mana), and many more!

I'm so fucking hyped for this game, anyone else?
>>
>>386596671
lol
>>
File: ketchup.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ketchup.webm
3MB, 720x480px
literally nobody in /v/ is hyped for this
>>
>>386596671
>Inspired by stuff like Twin Peaks, Life is Strange and Frank Zappa!

I feel like nowadays too many things boast about how they were inspired by something else. I mean, it is okay to be inspired by something by movies and music but is that really a selling point?
>>
File: YIIK.gif (2MB, 599x409px) Image search: [Google]
YIIK.gif
2MB, 599x409px
YIIK: The Numale Odyssey
>>
>>386596968
>but is that really a selling point?
I mean if you like a product and see another product inspired by it. Why wouldn't you be interested by it?
>>
File: 32bits.png (127KB, 479x478px) Image search: [Google]
32bits.png
127KB, 479x478px
>>386596671
>Journey in the late 90’s
I am from the early 80's and nothing in that game tells me "late 90's", the graphics are shit but that's about as 90's as it gets.
>>
Can't say I'm not intrigued, even tho what I've seen doesn't look very promising, but at the very least it's ambitious so it might pull through despite the shitty gameplay
>>
File: IMG_20170724_173239.jpg (184KB, 1133x1576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170724_173239.jpg
184KB, 1133x1576px
Not particularly. Post-modernism is cancer and nothing about this game suggests that it is worth playing or made by people that enjoy video games.
>>
Is this even out?
Will it even sell?
>>
Here's some gameplay if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5sKE17L3w
>>
I've played this game numerous times before in different conventions and it's really shit.
Even had an interview set up with the devs at one point but just cancelled it becuase the game is that wank.
>>
god this shit still isn't out yet?
I saw that gameplay trailer like 2 years ago
>>
>>386597730
>guy on the right is supposed to be from the 90's
is that a developer self insert who wishes they were in the 90's?
>>
File: 1484583877547.png (19KB, 960x620px) Image search: [Google]
1484583877547.png
19KB, 960x620px
>>386597730
ITS SO FUCKING SLOW.

How the hell can anyone put up with this?
>>
Could this be the game to finally match Undertale? I'm so hyped! HOYPE!
>>
it's never going to come out
>>
>>386596671
>postmodern
>niggers
>SJW
>trannies
>numale MC
>flat colors
>FF7 combat system
>7 years of development hell

too many red flags
>>
>>386596671
>Postmodern

nope
>>
>>386596671
>Super Nu-male SJW Adventures THE GAME

no may it burn in a dumpster fire where it belongs.
>>
File: 1501467065743.png (18KB, 618x264px) Image search: [Google]
1501467065743.png
18KB, 618x264px
>>386596671
>>
>>386597730
if this game has random encounters it's gonna be a fucking nightmare. no RPG should have battles that slow
>>
File: wck.png (155KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
wck.png
155KB, 500x374px
I liked the standard turn based combat from the first trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=gpFXydY1K8k

Also this is from the official tumblr:

>Here is the reason it’s not out yet and we didn’t rush it out: our mother is very ill. She has pancreatic cancer, and it has been advancing quickly. While we’re still actively working, it seems to be a terrible idea to prepare to release the game when we know she doesn’t have much time left. Releasing a game is a complex process, and we need to be support any unexpected issues with quick updates on steam, and be ready to answer emails.

>So, we’ve decided that releasing the game now would be a very bad idea. Instead, we’re going to hold on to a bit longer, and release it once things have settled down a bit.

>I hope you understand. Cancer is very difficult on the entire family, especially at this late stage.

>Thank you for understanding.

>-The Allanson Brothers.

>10:44 am • 13 September 2016 • 47 notes
>>
there's nothing 90s about this game, it's hipster sjw trash
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.