[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any merit to holding onto these relics of the past?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 20170809_003129.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170809_003129.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
Is there any merit to holding onto these relics of the past? I'm cleaning out, and remembered I still had these.
>>
mod them and play whatever games you missed out on for free
>>
>>386592740
You can try and mod the xbox to emulate games
>>
>>386592740
Do you have a computer capable of emulation?
Do you mind paying almost as much for re-releases/ports/eshop rom releases of the original game?
Are you really hurting that much for space?
>>
it really depends on how much you like video games and whether you think you'll ever play those old games again
>>
>>386592740
You obviously don't care enough about video games to have any use for them at all, so no. Just sell them.
>>
>>386592740
you should open up the xbox and take a crap in between the HDD and DVD drive and seal it back up and sell it on craigslist. I done it before it was pretty cash.
>>
>>386592740

OG Xbox is worth having as there is no emulator for it yet.

PS2 less so, as PCSX2 exists, but it's still got a lot of issues, and certain games can't be emulated yet so, keep the PS2 as well.
>>
mod them and pirate shit
play metal wolf chaos
>>
>>386593431
I disagree. Both can be modded. The ps2 fat can also get the hdd mod.
>>
give it to your little cousins or nephews (if you have any), or donate it to Goodwill. I gave away my Dreamcast last year, no regrets. It was just taking up space.
>>
>>386594176
>Not modding for free nostalgia games
>not holding on to sell it to people who want one for nostalgia
>>
>>386592987
OG xbox can't be emulated on PC, xbox360 backwards emulation is also spotty, so keeping it is a no-brainer anyway
>>
>>386594312

I checked ebay. The Dreamcast, PS2, and Xbox don't go for much. Barely worth the effort to package and ship them.
>>
>>386592740
Given that i still play my PS2 every once a while, yes. Last time i played it was yesterday.
>>
You won't get shit for them if you sell them. Keep them in the attic for your grandkids to discover when you die.
>>
>>386592740
I gave mine away and I dearly regret it. They seem irrelevant until one day you want to revisit your past and you realize you can't. And then it hurts.
>>
>>386592740
On the Xbox play Spider-Man 2 (best version of it), Halo CE (same as SM2) and Mechassult 1-2

PS2 is less important
>>
File: 1471538438611.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1471538438611.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>386592740
>Selling consoles from the best gen
Modchip them and play them

>>386595121
Listen to this fucking man and don't be like him or me
>>
I love my ps2, it's never failed on me and I still use the same memory cards from over a decade ago. I found the MGS essential collection for ps2 at a record shop for $8 and was happy to be able to play both ps1 and ps2 games at the same setup.
>>
>>386592740
Do they still work? Some reason all my old systems with cd/dvd drives always failed even if they weren't being used.
>>
>>386592740
reasons to hold onto old consoles:
>so you can play your favorite games
>so you won't bitch about how the newest system doesn't have backwards compatibility
>>
>>386596194
Neither need to be chipped to be modded.

Xbox can easily modded with a copy of James Bond 007 Nightfire and some harddrive swapping, and PS2 only needs an action replay to mod a memory card. Either way, both are great consoles to have mods on and HDD loading. Hold on to them, OP.
>>
File: SM quality no audio.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SM quality no audio.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386596509
I like PC gaymen
>>
>>386592740
Get into contact with XQemu or CXBX Reloaded people and let them have it for study. They always need multiples because they are dying at a rapid rate.
>>
>>386592740
Owner of both here.
Yes, definitely.
Xbox emulation won't happen anytime soon and PS2 emulation is still far from perfect.
>>
keep the ps2 if u don't like emulating or can't. There's a lot of games for it so it's a worthwhile system to have hooked up still. Plus it doubles as a ps1 if u don't have a ps3. You can lose the OG xbox, it's kinda big and not worth the space but keep the rarer games around just incase they ever become backwards compatible. A lot already are backwards compatible on 360 tho.

It depends what else you have hooked up though honestly. You could keep the og xbox and use it for emulation of n64 and older games if you have nothing else capable of it. atm all I have is wii, ps2 and ps3 hooked up. 3 is my maximum. Wii and ps2 have a lot of games/variety plus the wii can be used for emulation - it can do pretty much everything the xbox can. Ps3 doubles as a dvd player and Netflix box. end of the fuking blog post
>>
>>386596743
There is no Xbox emulation so having one and getting games/modding it is the only way to play most of its exclusives.
>>
>>386597891
should also add the wii doubles as a gamecube. Basically try and limit urself to 3 consoles and keep the most multi-purpose ones. sell anything that doesn't justify the space, even if it has a few good exclusives
>>
>>386598242
technically the wii u can be modded to play gc games.
>>
>>386592740
install gentoo on them
>>
>>386592835
>nobody replied to this

Jesus fucking Christ /v/ stop being so young.

fpbp
>>
>>386600454
because that wasn't a "ell oh ell ecks dee birst boast pest boast" moment it was a /thread.
>>
Xbox hasn't had an emulator developed for it after all this time and PS2 emulation is still pretty shitty all things considered. If you want the capability to play those games, particularly play them accurately, keep's around.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.