[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo official confirms Samus Returns has a free hard mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 47

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-addresses-the-metroid-samus-returns-amiibo-controversy

>At a preview event for Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo finally clarified amiibo support for the game, especially with regards to how Hard Mode will work in the game. As it turns out, this probably was a case where better communication could have cleared up the whole problem.

>Here's the lowdown of what Nintendo told USgamer. When I asked Nintendo representatives at the preview event if hard mode was locked behind amiibos, they were clear to make the distinction. "Fusion Mode," they corrected me. Yes, Fusion Mode—which will give players access to Samus' Fusion Suit as well as a more challenging difficulty in the game—is indeed locked behind the Metroid amiibo. This content will not be offered as a separate DLC in Nintendo's digital eShop. However, there will be a standard hard mode that will be unlockable once players complete the game on regular difficulty. This mode, which is confusingly separate from the Fusion Mode's harder difficulty, is said to be harder than the standard difficulty but not as hard as that found in Fusion Mode.

>Metroid: Samus Returns Difficulty Modes
>Standard Mode (No amiibo required)
>Hard Mode (No amiibo required)
>Fusion Mode (amiibo required)

Still gay as hell that any difficult modes are locked into paid dlc and nobody should be fucking buying it to send a message to Nintendo that paid difficulty modes are unnacceptable, but at the very least, there's still going to be a hard mode baked into the base game by default. So if you want the game still, buy it, but don't buy the fusion-mode dlc so Nintendo gets the message that this is a bad business practice.
>>
ISo its a ganondorf amiibo.

Why didnt i see nearly as much bitching about that then i did about this?

Is Metroid some precious baby or something?
>>
>>386588453
One was a remaster of a game that already has mixed reception on the Wii U.
The other is a series that's a magnet for shitposting with a fanbase that has an unrivaled victim complex.
>>
>The other is a series that's a magnet for shitposting with a fanbase that has an unrivaled victim complex.

This still describes Zelda
>>
>>386588453

No, just shitposters latching to the smallest shit and exploiting as long they can.
>>
>>386588331
The fact that /v/ needed this explained to them is embarrassing. Get it together you dumb faggots on /v/.
>>
Thank god. Now Metroid fans can shut up.

>Prime > 2D
>Fusion
>Other M
>Federation Force
>30th anniversary
>muh series is dead!
>what is Samus was a girl
>>
>>386588453
it's just some nintenbros and other people which don't care about Metroid that want the franchise do die and stay that way for some reason
>>
>>386589264
wait
>nintenfags
>>
I dont get it
Hard mode in metroid is doing a no tanks run
You dont need hard mode in metroid games
>>
File: wiseau.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wiseau.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>386588331
>shitposters were wrong again
Looks like I'm getting the game now.
>>
>>386589264
I'm a long time Metroid fan, and I would've preferred the series died then get trash like Fed Force. Prime 4 is the series' last hope, but I'm going to keep my expectations low.

>>386589439
>not knowing how to read
>>
>>386588331
so wait.. there's still a harder difficulty than the "free" hard mode that you need the amiibo for? how is that any different from what people were complaining about? the hardest difficulty is still exclusive to a shitty plastic toy, this changes nothing.
>>
>>386588331
1 Reserve Energy Tank and 1 missile reserve tank are still locked behind amiibo, meaning that unless you buy their toys you're going to have one empty spot on both and getting 100% is amiibo-exclusive.
>Metroidfags love doing speed and 100% runs of their games
>Give them a game drought for years
>Lock 100% behind amiibo
>>
>>386589761
There's no way those items are going to be counted towards the in-game 100%
>>
File: 1502220989749.jpg (136KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1502220989749.jpg
136KB, 894x894px
>>386589686
>so wait.. there's still a harder difficulty than the "free" hard mode that you need the amiibo for? how is that any different from what people were complaining about? the hardest difficulty is still exclusive to a shitty plastic toy, this changes nothing.

The rumor before was that there was NO hard mode on the base game, that Fusion mode was THE hard-mode, and you had to pay for it. Now it's come out that there IS a hard mode for free in the base game (after beating it on normal mode), and fusion mode is just an extra hard mode (but you still have to pay for it, which is retarded).
>>
k so what the fuck is the point of the amibo, im so confused. is it straight up just a harder hard mode?
>>
>>386589878
The hardest difficulty is still locked behind an amiibo. Why is it suddenly fine now that the locked difficulty is not called Hard but Fusion?
>>
>This mode, which is confusingly separate from the Fusion Mode's harder difficulty, is said to be harder than the standard difficulty but not as hard as that found in Fusion Mode.

who gives a shit, fuck cosmetics, as long as I'm not locked out of a difficulty mode
>>
>>386590272
>is it straight up just a harder hard mode?
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>386588453
The hatred against the metroid series on /v/ is unreal, it's gotten to this point because unlike other series the mods refuse to ban shitposters for some reason
>>
>>386590439
Because Metroid has never had a Very Hard mode so people cant use the excuse that you were always able to unlock this in the past.
>>
>>386589161
/v/ is nothing but a bunch of underaged faggots now, expect more petty arguments as why no one should support videogames.
>>
>>386588453
>Is Metroid some precious baby or something?
THE BABY
>>
>>386589878
The hardest difficulty is still locked behind an amiibo. Why is it suddenly fine now that the locked difficulty is not called Hard but Fusion?

Honestly tho. I dont see the difference between this and something like:
Easy
Medium
Hard
(like every other game ever)
Are people actually gonna be willing to pay for the other half the game?
>>
File: 332306_1261270880766_400_300.jpg (44KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
332306_1261270880766_400_300.jpg
44KB, 400x299px
There shouldn't be a hard mode locked behind amiibos. it doesn't matter if we get a watered down hard mode, we should have access to all of it. Especially for the price they ask.They took a 10 dollar game that makes Steam greenlight projects look like works of art, and they charge 40+ dollars for it. And I've yet to hear a justification other than brand loyalty. I wish I could get a good justification from someone who wasn't a marketer being paid to push this game.
>>
>>386588453
Metriod fanboys being entitled big babies as always.
>>
File: 1494130081913.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494130081913.png
109KB, 550x550px
>>386590807
>being entitled is a bad thing
10 bing bing wahoo points have been deposited into your account.
>>
File: Ignored.jpg (2KB, 79x77px) Image search: [Google]
Ignored.jpg
2KB, 79x77px
>>386590806
>harsh critic pic
>how do opinions work
>DUH SHILLS AND JEWS
>>
>tfw pirating the game and amiibo so Nintendo gets no money and hopefully they realize Metroid should have stayed dead
>>
Standing and aiming is being promoted as a definitive feature. The sidescrollers are not about shooting things. If anything it's anti-Metroid in that it will destroy the pacing where prompt completion should be rewarded. Ignoring that the animation is stiff, the camera off-center. It doesn't look good.
>>
>>386590740
Because it wouldnt exist without the amiibo. They dont make content and then choose arbitrarily lock it to an amiibo. The only reason Fusion Mode exists is because of the amiibo.

See: Wolf Link

Do you think wolf link wouldve been its own thing in Breath of the Wild if the amiibo didnt exist?
>>
Nintendo is so kind..............................................................................................................................
>>
>>386590967
somebody will take you seriously
>>
>>386590807
>big babies
yup because most of us arnt willing to buy $40 in toys to own the full version of a game. sounds childish
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>386591040
>didn't even mention jews
>>
>>386591127
>Because it wouldnt exist without the amiibo.
maybe they should make content for the sake of improving their game and not being greedy corporate scum?
>>
>>386591207
>he needs spare health and aeion tanks to play the game
So cute!
>>
>people complaining about locked amibo content you have to pay for
>when they were going to get the game off the free shop anyway

lol
>>
>>386591313
So all the other Metroid games are flwaed for not including 2 hard modes? Gotcha.
>>
File: 1492523457053.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1492523457053.png
29KB, 741x568px
what's the difference between amiibo and normal DLC?
>>
>>386591207
>$40 in toys
actually its prices based on what country you are in based on how much money + the currency power of that country

>the full version of a game

Are you trying to prove my point?
Additional DLC is not hindered of the full game and its story and I do believe story and lore of Samus is what most metroid fanboys worry more about than gameplay.
>>
>>386591581
Yes, actually. We can all say we liked Super Metroid, but can anyone deny that it didn't need a hard mode for those veterans who can already solo the game with no items?
>>
>>386591664
Well Amiibos are USUALLY added bonus content that can be used for multiple games. Most amiibos do things to give bad players an extra boost or just cosmetic differences. A lot of them actually dont do anything that you cant do in game. Thats why a lot of epople say buying amiibos are pointless because they dont do anything special. Then comes those few times where they actually do something signficant and people bitch.
>>
>>386588331
...so the hard mode is still locked behind the Amiibo

wow fucking great
>>
Everyone already knew there was going to be two hard modes. The issue still comes down to it being locked behind a physical item that's going to be a difficult to get ahold of scalpers and potential low supply.
>>
I don't care about this since Mercury Steam has proved time and time again to be unable to make a good game, but watching nintendies work overnight to rationalize this is something else.
>>
>>386591720
>story and lore of Samus is what most metroid fanboys worry more about than gameplay.
no
>>
>>386591773
>anyone deny that it didn't need a hard mode for those veterans who can already solo the game with no items?

Yes because all hard modes in Metroid games do is increase the amount of damage enemies do to the player, which can be accomplished by just not picking up energy tanks. Metroid is a series meant to be completed in the fastest time possible after all.
>>
>>386591664
One is limited and the other is not. ignore this faggot >>386591862. This should be the only complaint about Amiibos, otherwise nobody would have given a shit.
>>
>>386591983
>Everyone already knew there was going to be two hard modes.

Lol wut? Where *scoffs* where were you the past threads where people were complainng they were locking any kind of hard mode out of the game, and that the game would just have normal mode?
>>
>>386591996
>no
Yes

see Other M and Federation Force
Fanboys bitched more about the story and lore around Samus than the actual gameplay itself
>>
>>386591664
amibo are physical dlc to unlock on disc locked content, that may or may not be available in stores, and scalpers charge 2 to 5 times what they are worth because nintendo makes limited runs.

its the worst possible way to treat your consumers.
>>
File: D7K_5685.gif (880KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
D7K_5685.gif
880KB, 420x236px
>>386588331
Don't understand why people complain about Amiibo's for this game. You guys have been clamoring for a 2D Metroid and Nintendo finally gave it to you. They also added some sweet collectable amiibo to go along with it. If you even consider yourself a Metroid fan you would have pre-ordered them day 1 instead of complaining that they are sold out.
>>
>>386588331

Still hiding the game behind a paywall

Stay classy Nintendo
>>
>>386592291
This. People complaining aren't even fans or are going to buy this game. They are just trying to shitpost to give game a bad rep.
>>
>>386591720
the story and lore is pretty trash, I dont play nintendo games to get involved in a gripping experience, Nintendo is just an arcade company at this point (with the exception of BOTW) so when the most challenging level in an arcade game is locked behind a physical doll, people are gonna be a little upset. (im not trying to say it should be regular DLC, just fuking put it in the game its for the 3DS)
>>
File: the incoming marketer replies.png (133KB, 209x315px) Image search: [Google]
the incoming marketer replies.png
133KB, 209x315px
>>386588331
Maybe if we keep bitching they'll stop being jews and sell the whole game like it should be. Fuck Amiibos, I hated those trash toys from the start. They're literally physical DLC that removes the function of unlockables from games.
>>
>>386592019
>Yes because all hard modes in Metroid games do is increase the amount of damage enemies do to the player,
Not true. Even romhacks have remedied this by giving enemies new AI, new attacks, new environments, etc. Why can't nintendo do that? Even AM2R did that.
>>
>>386588331
Im not defending Nintendos decision to lock content behind toys but
What kind of Metroid fan doesnt want those amiibos anyway? They actually look pretty cool.
>>
>>386588331
it's like how Ganondorf Amiibo made enemies hit you twice as hard in TPHD
it was fucking stupid and the option should have been built in already imo
otherwise it's whatever
kek didn't see this post >>386588453
I guess the difference is that we don't know how Fusion Mode is harder than the Hard Mode and you get the Fusion Suit in this mode
>>
>>386592512

>>386592397
>>
>>386592291
>>386592397
>>386592512
>you have to buy everything from companies ever
>Metroid: Other M is a good game, you're just entitled
>Nintendo is our friends, we should be happy to give them money

Man, you guys are really being paid well to market this, aren't you?
>>
>>386592512
Getting game day 1 and have all amiibo pre-ordered. Not complaining one bit. It's everything I would have ever asked out of a Metroid game and more.
>>
>>386592664
I just said the amiibos look cool. Especially the Metroid? Do you disagree?
>>
>>386592397
>He really believes this

Or maybe we're sick of anti consumer practices. It's a fucking piece of plastic shitty toy anon. I'm 31 years old, I'm too old to even consider it a collectible. I don't want to buy a fucking toy, I want unlockables in the game as they should be. Nintendo isn't your friend, stop running damage control for them for free.

I call out Sony's anti consumer trash, as well as Microsoft, I'm not giving Nintendo a free pass just cuz I've played their shit on and off for 27 years.
>>
>>386592664
No one is saying any of that. Why are you so mad?
>>
>>386592682
either a wonderful troll or has never played a video game ever
>>
>>386592752
You should. Nintendo is the name in gaming and have given you a lot of memories that are priceless. Least you could do is show you appreciate all the experiences they gave you by supporting them as a company.
>>
>>386592782
I've played many games, but it's been over ten years since last 2D Metroid game. This is a pretty big deal. My hype levels are through the roof.
>>
How are people still defending content locked behind amiibos? I know, you might like it, but it still is just anti-consumer tactics. Now people will scalp metroid amiibos and just a limited amount of people will be able to play some content. How is this fine? I'm pissed at nintendo for doing this and completely refusing to change their marketing. I hope the industry crashes soon so videogames will be treated with respect.
>>
>>386592729
They don't look cool. They're paywalls for content. So I hate them.

>>386592760
>No one is saying any of that.
Then why are people white knighting nintendo and claiming that all criticism is bad?
>>
File: 1479061405142.jpg (135KB, 446x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479061405142.jpg
135KB, 446x700px
>>386588331
>free hard mode
>FREE

Member when shit like difficulty levels and OST music were all already in the game either free to use at any time or as unlockables?
I member.
>>
File: contract it.png (413KB, 396x449px) Image search: [Google]
contract it.png
413KB, 396x449px
>>386592893
>support anti consumer practices
>don't call out their bullshit goyim! They've only gone back on every promise and ground they've said they'd never step foot on!

No, go away treehouse. It's because I've played their shit so long that I'm disgusted. They've been going down a dark path since the fucking Wii, and I don't wanna see them sell themselves short of their potential by backing themselves into a BIGGER hole with this "WEAK PLATFORM WITH GIMMICKS AND TOYS" shit.
>>
>>386593116
That would require the people advocating for this shit to be alive and conscious 10 years ago.
>>
>>386593026
If it's valid criticism sure. But complaining that you're too poor to afford Amiibo isn't Nintendo's fault. Judging from response on Social media everyone seems to love the Amiibo.
>>
File: 1494020615925.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494020615925.gif
2MB, 250x250px
I knew it would be like this. 2D fags want 2D Metroid. Nintendo gives it to them and they have the audacity to complain. Don't start bitching when the game sell badly and you start whining of "WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO MAKE 2D METROID ANYMORE!!!!!!!!" like spoiled children.
>>
>>386593223
>popular opinion

get out of my face.
>>
>>386593116
>FREE
Yeah, they had to word it like this because of retarded children and journalists who started shitposting immediately.
>>
File: double nigger.png (57KB, 393x295px) Image search: [Google]
double nigger.png
57KB, 393x295px
>>386593435
>ask for 2D metroid
>give it to us but it looks nothing as good as what a fan made
>on top of that THEY have the audacity to paywall features that in past games woulda been unlockables
>HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT ANTI CONSUMER PRACTICES REEEE

Literally hang yourself with barbed wire.
>>
>>386593470
>Let's not listen to majority that buys our products
>Let's listen to vocal minority on some weeb image board that will most likely pirate our game

This is why you don't know how to make money and will never run a business.
>>
>>386593435
>bawww why won't this terrible entry break sale records like FE and every other Nintendo franchise it's not faaaaaaaaaaair
>>
>pre-ordered the amiibo before they even revealed their functions because they looked cool.
>not even going to scan them for bonuses because I have a 3DSXL

Not even mad
>>
>>386592291
/thread
>>
File: 1390604404712.png (195KB, 720x394px) Image search: [Google]
1390604404712.png
195KB, 720x394px
>HAVING A DIFFICULTY TIED TO AMIIBOS IS RETARDED
>IT'S OKAY, WE STILL HAVE A HARD MODE THAT'S NOT AS DIFFICULT AS THE AMIIBO MODE
How is that any better?
>>
File: 1501998801915.png (154KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
1501998801915.png
154KB, 250x382px
Fuck it then I'll just spoof the fucking amiibo. Scalpers will just clean up all the amiibos so it will literally be impossible to get any. Fuck Nintendo for being so vague on the release for these stupid plastic shits. Luckily enough I managed to get the smash Samus amiibo when it came out
>>
File: coop.png (1MB, 1236x1440px) Image search: [Google]
coop.png
1MB, 1236x1440px
>>386593606
>let's be greedy suits who care only about profit and don't care about game quality
>wtf why are the goyim questioning us? Hate speech! entitlement!

Let me guess, you only play AAA games, don't you?
>>
File: 1482964395249.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1482964395249.gif
1MB, 245x184px
Imagine living in a world where developers have to confirm that a difficulty level is in fact free.
>>
File: 1457122997817.png (59KB, 266x376px) Image search: [Google]
1457122997817.png
59KB, 266x376px
>>386592291
>You're not a video game fan if you aren't buying all the toys
>>
>>386588967
This honestly describes any game when it's discussed here.
>>
>>386592291
This
>>
>>386593773
Because the last time a difficulty was tied to an amiibo it was literally a 4x damage multiplier and that's it.

In Twilight Princess, you unlocked hard mode for beating the game (which was just a 2x damage multiplier) and you could scan the Ganondorf amiibo to receive a further 2x damage multiplier.)

It was less than nothing. Metroid is the same, only it also unlocks a skin.
>>
>>386592752
All the kids on /v/ now grew up with games full of microtransactions and cashgrabs, they dont comprehend a time where you'd get a full game with everything there on day1.

Its hard to blame them entirely for being so fucking stupid when a lot of them never have known what its like to buy a complete product.

That aside, any of you older fuckers around here that are supporting nintendo for locking entire difficulty behind bonus extra toys need to fuck right off, stop buying the shit - dont encourage them.
>>
File: Kimishima.jpg (249KB, 565x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kimishima.jpg
249KB, 565x400px
>Hardest mode still sold separately
>>
>>386592893
wow, i dont think that nintendo dick could go any futher down your throat or up your ass. Stop defending nintendo trying to bleed you dry.
>>
>>386588331
>Nintenbros are LITERALLY falling for the amiibo meme

Do you even fucking realize when you are being jew'd on?
For fuck sake.
>>
>>386591664
All DLC is shit. It literally doesn't matter. But Amiibos are even worse because they are limited stock toys that lock real game content behind them.
>>
>>386592243
>amibo are physical dlc to unlock on disc locked content
>disc locked content
Why don't more people see this?

This is a huge reason to hate it right off the bat. Everyone shitted on Capcom for on-disc DLC, but Nintendo's okay because "muh action figures".
>>
File: 1386568818212.jpg (421KB, 896x705px) Image search: [Google]
1386568818212.jpg
421KB, 896x705px
I feel like Amiibos could be justified if they worked the way they do in BotW by just instantly getting you items you can find in game or working like cheat codes
Making them be DLC that you can only unlock by having them makes them feel like an even shittier form of DLC
>>
File: 1502013229557.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502013229557.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>386592291
>Don't understand why people complain about Amiibo's for this game. You guys have been clamoring for a 2D Metroid and Nintendo finally gave it to you. They also added some sweet collectable amiibo to go along with it. If you even consider yourself a Metroid fan you would have pre-ordered them day 1 instead of complaining that they are sold out.

>A true fan will buy whatever the company shits out without question

T. Nintendo shill.

How much do they pay you guys? I've always wanted to know. Is it true you only make 1 dollar an hour?
>>
>>386594383
Let's not forget that it's day zero DLC, something they could add into the game but don't want to because they need to sell their happy meal toys. All they had to do was restrict it to cosmetics, and it wouldn't be as big an issue.
>>
I just want Fusion 2. 2D, of course, not that Primeshit Wii game that got canned.
>>
>>386592893
I've never seen a Nintendo shill literally admit so obviously that they love that rank ass ninty cock fucking.
>>
File: 1501881381267.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501881381267.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>386593026
>Then why are people white knighting nintendo and claiming that all criticism is bad?

Because they're being paid. Shilling seems to be at a high today for some reason.
>>
>>386594219
It never says is the hardest one, for all we know Fusion mode just add the Fusion Suit.
>>
This dude on youtube just keeps screaming that you don't need anything the amiibos unlock, therefore it's useless to complain, how do I even explain to him why he's such a dick sucker?
>>
its actually pathetic that we have gotten to a place where its a big deal that you don't have to pay for an additional difficulty
>>
>>386593026
>They don't look cool. They're paywalls for content. So I hate them.
>paywall

>Then why are people white knighting nintendo and claiming that all criticism is bad

who are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>386594690
>I've never seen a Nintendo shill literally admit so obviously that they love that rank ass ninty cock fucking.

Video game industry shills don't play the games, they get paid to tell others to go buy and play the games. He probably doesn't even play any vidya, for that matter.
>>
>>386593435
Oh no. God forbid you want them to do it right. No, we should just accept ANY bullshit that Nintendo pulls just because they "did what we wanted". No they didn't. We didn't want a 2D metroid. We wanted A GOOD 2D metroid with ALL THE CONTENT. Day 1. That's not what they gave. It's really easy to see this as "entitled" when you don't give a fuck about integrity or complete releases. Only nintenbros, everyone.
>>
>>386592553
It's called hero mode you cunt
>>
>>386593598
>>386593621
>>386595004
Game will get a 90 on metacritic and break 1 million sales and Metroid Dread will be made.

Stay. Mad.
>>
>>386588331
Welp, good thing I still have a hacked 3DS. No reason to buy this shit now. Should've just released the game without disc/cart locked content.
>>
>>386595003
>Video game industry shills don't play the games, they get paid to tell others to go buy and play the games. He probably doesn't even play any vidya, for that matter.

Like have you ever tried calling customer service for some video game you were playing, and they tried to sell you the latest expansion for the game, and you could just tell this person is just pretending to think it's good because it's their job as a representative of their company to do so, and probably haven't played a single video game in their life? That's literally what shills are. They're just paid marketers. It only amazes me that such a family friendly company as Nintendo pays such aggressive, nasty individuals to astroturf their games on forums like this.
>>
>>386595174
>metroid dread even still on the table
yeah, whatever you say. 1/10 i responded.
>>
File: DGtP1drXsAAO6cX.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DGtP1drXsAAO6cX.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>386595174
We can only hope anon

Also we finally got a good redesign of the shitty fusion suit at least
>>
ACfag

BTFO
>>
File: 1501201529654.jpg (15KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1501201529654.jpg
15KB, 319x331px
>>386592553
>I guess the difference is that we don't know how Fusion Mode is harder than the Hard Mode and you get the Fusion Suit in this mode

Yeah to be honest, "Standard" mode could actually be easy mode, and "Hard" mode could actually be normal mode, and Fusion mode is the REAL hard-mode. Unfortunately, we're going to just have to wait and see how difficult "Hard" mode really is.
>>
Remember all the BOTW fags crying how there was a hard mode in the game already and that the DLC was a NEW HARD MODE? Where are they now?
>>
File: 1502139058529.jpg (45KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1502139058529.jpg
45KB, 720x405px
>>386593945
Would you rather have it remove the statue and sell it as limited dlc instead?
>>
File: trophy_07.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
trophy_07.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>386595453
>good redesign
>shitty fusion suit
Kill yourself faggot
>>
File: DuckHunt.jpg (32KB, 539x175px) Image search: [Google]
DuckHunt.jpg
32KB, 539x175px
>every other popular Nintendo IP has gotten Amiibos
>even fucking pokemon

>Somehow Metroid fanboys swear their favorite series is better than everybody elses to the point were they are too good for amiibos

>in protest they plan to not buy BOTH of the Metroid games announced at E3 after they harassed Nintendo to make them another game, pirated their games on 3ds, made slew campaigns against Nintendo for closing down a clone of the classic 2d metroid on gameboy advance, and attacked other Nintendo IPs, just because of a additional content in a small figurine.

Can't nobody tell me nothing, Metroid still has the worst Nintendo fanbase, bar-none, shouting shill and jew is not going to change the fact.
>>
>>386595316
You mean Sony and M$
>>
>>386595453
I can't wait for Metroid 5.
>>
File: 1494008674564.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1494008674564.gif
773KB, 260x221px
>>386595003
>>386595316
>>386594563
Not him, but if you knew there was a website trying to defame your product wouldn't you try and defend it?
>>
ACfag and his worshippers absolutely BTFO
>>
>>386588331
Okay so it's literally the Ganon amiibo. Can you falseflagger faggot cucks shut the fuck up now?
>>
File: laughing hurricane man.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
laughing hurricane man.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>386596115
>cancerous business practices have been normalized because sheep don't want to protect their rights
>you guys need to lie down and take it too, be good goyim who never question their masters

So this is the power of consoles.
>>
>>386596115
Well when we get shat on for the better part of the last decade, we're kind of predisposed towards shitting back.

Sorry if that offends you.
>>
>>386595889
You kill yourself, the fusion suit always sucked and most people agree, only a bunch of retards like you liked that shitty suit
>>
File: 1501087218747.jpg (18KB, 270x208px) Image search: [Google]
1501087218747.jpg
18KB, 270x208px
>>386596115
>>
>>386596609
Let me know when you understand how modern business practices work, otherwise youre just bitching about nothing
>>
>>386596748
>Well when we get shat on =/= made a game and did things I don't like

entitled
>>
File: 1498010481250.png (777KB, 1309x856px) Image search: [Google]
1498010481250.png
777KB, 1309x856px
>>386597114
>Gabe and Bethesda threaten to destroy modding with paywalls
>entire community screeches in anger
>they retract it and apologize for being stupid

>Bethesda tries it again witht he creation club
>backlash is even worse
>modding communites shatter from Skyrim and Fallout

>take Two tries to ruin modding because they're greedy assholes
>fans lash out in anger
>immediately rescinded

But by all means, please continue a good goy. We can't have the customer thinking they're allowed to dictate where their money goes.
>>
>>386596748
>Well when we get shat on for the better part of the last decade
>Other M is the so called reason for doing all that retarded shit

Theres no fucking way youre older than 18
so you think Nintendo doing something new with THEIR series gives you the entitlement to pirate and make propaganda against their games?

Nigga you are straight childish
>>
>>386597520
stop trying to make excuses for the last seven years, other m and federation force were fucking shit

everyone deserves good games for the series they like
>>
>>386597441
you cant talk sense with nintendo kids, theyre either too young and dumb or too blind (or 'loyal' as they put it).
>>
>>386597441
>subscription paid Modding=/=DLC

Like I said, bitching about nothing. Please get back to /co/ where your age group suits you
>>
>>386597520
Nintendo is a company, I'll do whatever I damn well please if I find their services inadequate. Don't like it? Too bad, free market, first amendment, America. I am a slave to no man and no corporation.
>>
Don't call it free you buy the game to get it.
>>
>>386597713
>he's now defending paid mods

You must be 18 years or older to browse this site.
>>
>>386597583
Fedration Force wasn't the last decade retard, nor was it a mainline series Metroid game
>>
File: no.png (463KB, 593x665px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
463KB, 593x665px
>>386597807
>other M is a mainline metroid game
>>
>>386597715
Literally Teething
>>
File: 1501962433075.jpg (39KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
1501962433075.jpg
39KB, 500x534px
>>386597871
Not an argument marketer.
>>
>>386597713
hahahaha, nintendo kid defending paid modding now, gold.
>>
File: samus anime.jpg (237KB, 590x779px) Image search: [Google]
samus anime.jpg
237KB, 590x779px
>>386588331
Looking forward to it desu

It would buy the amiibos too, if any place near me had them in fucking stock. feels good to be a Metroid fan.
>>
>>386597781
>reading comprehension
>>
>>386597849
[citation needed]
>>
I don't see the problem, if you preordered you got the amiibos necessary. Anyone who gives a shit about this game isn't missing out. /v/ is once again full of contrarian shitposters who don't like games.
>>
>>386589761
>You have to pay ebay scalpers money to 100% a game now.

Fun
>>
File: 1357594742495.jpg (240KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1357594742495.jpg
240KB, 500x500px
>>386597913
>THE JEWS

Alright then
>>
File: 1500160198275.png (246KB, 448x433px) Image search: [Google]
1500160198275.png
246KB, 448x433px
>>386588331
>Still gay as hell that any difficult modes are locked into paid dlc and nobody should be fucking buying it to send a message to Nintendo that paid difficulty modes are unnacceptable

Nintendo already did that like 8 years ago with Pokemon Black and White 2 my guyy=
>>
File: 1487422951871.png (24KB, 205x280px) Image search: [Google]
1487422951871.png
24KB, 205x280px
>>386588331
>Pay us more money than the game to not play the casual modes
Well, this is making me consider seriously just pirating the game. Fuck these modern practices of trying to milk people out of every last cent possible.
>>
>>386598210
Game Freak* and there WAS a shit ton of backlash. It's not paid DLC, though.
>>
>>386598472
It kind of it
It's a harder difficulty mode, but they expect you to pay 40 dollars for the additional game to unlock it
>>
>>386597949
>>386597951
>>386598062
>>386598194
>>386598210
What do you guys have with people not liking this practice? I mean yeesh, every time you say "just don't buy the amiibos" you immediately follow it up with something dumb like "if you don't buy the amiibos you need to be killed you fucking subhuman". I mean what do you want from us? Do we exist as nothing but mindless zombies to give them money?
>>
>>386597849
Not him, but Other M isn't 2D.
>>
>>386598604
What, no. You're never expected to buy both versions. You're supposed to find someone with the other version to help you. What's dumb is that you only get the keys from beating the game. Even if you were dumb enough to buy both versions, you'd still need to beat them both.

In the end anyone who cared about Challenge Mode simply pirated.
>>
>>386598670
From a purely objective standpoint, preordering gives you two of the nicer amiibo for the price of one at a discount. Don't get me wrong, amiibo should be purely cosmetic unlocks only and I really dislike how they've turned into actual overpriced DLC instead of fun collectable gimmicks, but you can't argue with a bargain. It's ten extra dollars, poorfag.
>>
File: 1389239278625.jpg (141KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1389239278625.jpg
141KB, 534x820px
>>386598949
>preordering
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>386599179
I don't believe you
>>
>>386598670
I did not say anything like you are suggestion, don't put words in my mouth. All I said is i'm hyped for the game, I want the amiibos, but they are all out of stock. I'm a metroid fan who loves the series. Would I prefer if everything was on the cart? sure. but that's not the case. I have a disposable income too, so it makes no real difference to me. I've been waiting since Fusion for another 2D game to be released, locked amiibo content will not stop me from enjoying it.

but if you have a problem with it, more power to you. Complain to Nintendo, start a gofundme, try to get it changed. I'm not trying to stop you.
>>
>>386599292
>it's just a few extra dollars, what are you? Poor?!

The worst part is that this exact defense was used to defend Sony's price hike for PSN plus. And nobody thinks twice about it.
>>
>>386595453

Still looks like ass. Metroid V better involve getting the good suit back. Also, prepare your eyes now for the vomit colors of Fusion Varia once again.
>>
>>386588331
NO!!!, they are evil!! and IM ENTITLED TO ALL CONTENT FOR NOT EXTRA CHARGE!!!!
>>
File: melo shrug.jpg (43KB, 320x333px) Image search: [Google]
melo shrug.jpg
43KB, 320x333px
>>386599480
would it be a bad time to mention I have PSN plus too?
>>
File: bleached cod.jpg (9KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
bleached cod.jpg
9KB, 231x218px
>>386599670
That would explain the corporate white knighting.
>>
File: 1502215328881.jpg (29KB, 656x383px) Image search: [Google]
1502215328881.jpg
29KB, 656x383px
>>
>>386595453
>good redesign
>it's almost the exact same
>the only literal difference is that the arm canon has been other m'd and the blue areas look "organic"
it looks worse.
>>
>>386599534
>Metroid V better involve getting the good suit back
It won't
>>
>>386596896
>the fusion suit always sucked and most people agree, only a bunch of retards like you liked that shitty suit
translation: a bunch of corporate drones trying to defend this fucking game are trying to pass off the fusion suit as being hated in order to make their shitty redesign look good
>>386596115
Metroid fans rejecting shitty games and actually being willing to criticize flaws is actually a good thing, what makes the fanbase shitty is the constant infighting and autism. Smash will always have the worst Nintendo fanbase, with Pokemon and Zelda close behind it.
>>
>>386596115
/v/ is not representative of the Metroid fanbase.
>>
>>386600050

Eugh.

>>386600140

The colors are still okay, but fuck the rest.

>>386600171

Still should.

>>386600430

You seem paranoid. Also, I'm convinced infighting is minimal. /v/ just wants to hate Metroid fans, so shitposters pretend to be fans and have fake arguments.
>>
>>386600140
you missed the tubes connecting the helmet to the breastplate not being there anymore
>>
>>386600726
>>386600621
this
>>
File: 1502138759263.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1502138759263.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>386591127
>companies are unable to make content without selling pointless models designed to milk the audience

if you need to make money to add features, have it be regular DLC
>>
>Hard Mode
>Harder Mode

But how is it harder?
>>
>>386601424
Instead of double damage, you take quadruple damage
>>
>>386601548
This. You probably also get less health and missiles from expansions as well.
>>
>>386588331
>Custom firmware
>Save injecting
>cheats
>cloning amiibo with NFC tags
you don't even have to be that mad
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.