[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rumor Roundup Thread. Rumored PlayStation All-Stars successor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 7

Rumor Roundup Thread.

Rumored PlayStation All-Stars successor.

Suggested titles include
PlayStation Arena
PlayStation Super Stars Battle
PlayStation Battle Grounds
PlayStation Legends of Fighting

Gameplay will be life bars now. You do have a super meter, but it is only one super attack like a Final Smash

Game will be revealed in October with a CG trailer, the gameplay will be revealed at PSX. The characters in the trailer are Crash, Kratos, Aloy and Morgana, and the other characters will be revealed at PSX.

Developer is GameArts, who worked on Grandia, Lunar, Smash Bros. Brawl and TMNT Smash Up

Crash's moveset:

Crash is a mixed bag. He uses classic movies from the original games, but also has combat from Crash of the Titans/Crash Mind Over Mutant. Is standard attacks consist of his Crash of the Titans combat, whilst his specials are classic Crash moves like spinning, ground pound, sliding and fruit bazooka. When Crash gets his special attack, he gains the Aku Aku mask. Running into enemies gives them tons of damage and knock back, and Crash is invincible in this state.

Morgana's moveset.

Morgana has his sword as a melee weapon, his slingshot as a long range, can transform into a van similar to Wario's side B motorcycle in smash, and also has his Persona attacks.

For his special attack, if you're able to catch a character in your distance as you activate it, The Phantom Thieves hold them at gunpoint. The player caught in this attack has to either give up a life and give it to Morgana, or suffer an all out attack from The Phantom Thieves.

Mementos Description

The stage has two train platforms with two train tracks, along with some platforms above them. Trains come by every so often and can deal a bit of damage. The stage has its own UI elements, being The Phantom Thieves talking about the battle that is underway. The dialogue will be varied depending if Morgana is in the battle, who is going up against who, the stage transitioning to WipeOut, etc.
>>
Developers also said they are interested in putting Lammy, Danta, Klonoa and a Yakuza character in the game.
>>
Game will have an arcade mode like the previous game, have small story cutscenes, a rival battle and final boss for each character. Final boss is "significant to PlayStation history"

The art style is actually pretty unified, like sm4sh in a way. The game looks a lot faster than the first game as well, a lot more fluid movement from the characters.
>>
PS4 Pro seems to upscale the game to a proper 4K. The game already runs at 60fps on all PS4s.

The UI is pretty much the same as the first game, only the super bar is smaller and below the health bar which is bigger. When a character has their special, they will have a more aggressive looking portrait with flames around it.
>>
The music playing in Mementos was an instrumental recreation of Last Surprise, and the Wipeout music was a remix of the one of the tracks from the original. Both remixes done by Atlus
>>
Online play will have all the modes of the previous game, along with some sort of clan mode. Unlockables are going to probably be the same as the first game, except no minions this time.

Crash performs his victory dance whilst the others clapped in the background.
>>
Are they actually financially able to justify a sequel?
>>
>Morgana
>Noctis

This menas that the sequel will have 2 more JRPG characters than the first one, which had 0...
>>
>>386587531
If Sony made a sequel to Knack then I'm sure they can justify this. Plus the original game sold over a million copies even with it's poor production bidget, rushed dev time, and bad marketing.
>>
Why the hell would they reveal is in October and not just save it for PSX?
>>
>>386587943
They want to keep the gameplay a mystery for the PSX reveal, even though everyone will assume that it's a 2D brawler like Smash.

I'm sure there are going to be a few outlets who say they want it to be like Powerstone.
>>
If JRPG characters are getting in this time, they better put Dart from Legend of Dragoon and Rudy from Wild Arms.
>>
File: wallhaven-476174[1].jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-476174[1].jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
Please put her in.
>>
>>386588470
For Square characters I'd rather see Sora, Lara Croft, and Raziel before 2B is in.
>>
I love Klonoa but if he's is in it and Heihachi and the King of all Cosmos isn't then that's dumb.
>>
File: spike.png (353KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
spike.png
353KB, 1280x642px
Make Spike look like this
>>
>>386588698
Why does everyone hate the Million Monkey's design?

Also do you think this rumor is legit? I really don't know what to think of it.
>>
>>386588807
Big Mission is a better version of the main design.
>>
32 characters?

Well that's better than 29 characters that the original launched with.
>>
>>386589115
I'd rather see Specter than Spike honestly. Even though I know they'll choose Spike over Specter.
>>
>>386589269
Spike's one of the heroes and probably the most important one.
Specter would be better as a boss or at least, a second rep.
>>
Isn't this just info from a games journalist?
>>
Hello, I'm back again. I'm happy to answer questions about the demo I viewed, but keep in mind that I did not see any other character, mode or stage that wasn't in the demo.

Thanks OP for summing up everything from the original thread that I said.
>>
>>386589478
Forgot to set a name. Won't bother with trip.
>>
>>386589572
When's did you see the demo?
>>
>>386589658
I saw it over a week ago or 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>386589717
I saw the two threads you posted on earlier, there was one inconsistently that bothered me. You said you couldn't post pics of proof since you'd get caught immediately, but in the second thread, you mention you weren't given any screenshots or video from the presentation?
>>
>>386589572
Dude you can literally be anyone, how do we know you're the OG guy?
>>
>>386589828
When I said that I wasn't given any screenshots or videos, that I means we haven't been sent them for use with the articles for the game's reveal. The screenshots and what is referred to as B Roll is sent to us by publishers so we can include them in articles or on YouTube.
>>
>>386589904
You're right, I could be anyone. If some smart anon was able to see the IP of the original post along with the posts I'm making, they would be able to confirm it is me.
>>
>>386589572
I was wondering, why would Sony say that they were developing the game to compete with Smash? That's what you said on the first thread you were on? Sony loved trying to avoid mentioning Smash for the last game.
>>
>>386590116
What happens in the CG trailer? Since you talked about so much already, just give us all the detail about this trailer.
>>
>>386590136
They avoid saying things to press publicly like at events such as E3 or in publicly available interviews, as do many companies. Since we were shown this in private and are being paid a high number to say good things, they wouldn't mind saying they want to compete with a Smash Bros game that could be potentially revealed anytime.
>>
>>386590408
Not really about the game, but why? Why are you telling us this if it's so secretive? Is it cause you were a fan of the first one so much? Is it cause you want to out Sony tried to control w.o.m? Why take the risk?
>>
>>386590408
Fans are hungry for more info since October is a long wait. So i'll ask some random questions.

You said the physics for the veterans returning moves are changed to fit the new gameplay. You said Parappa's boombox is changed to accommodate that, but you didn't see Parappa in the gameplay?

Tell us more about the results screen?

How is the character select screen and the stage select screen look like?

Why were you chosen to view this demo? Did you ask or did your boss give you the opportunity?
>>
>>386590408
Everyone saw a separate match that was pre-recorded right? How was that, did they replay things for you when you asked or was it a nonstop video with no pauses.
>>
>>386590025
So what, do we just have to wait till October for more info? Cause you seem intent that you don't know anything more.
>>
>>386590395
>the trailer shows Kratos walking through a forest.
>he looks around after hearing leaves and bushes make noise
>suddenly, Morgana ambushes him but he avoids the impact
>"You seem like you have some treasure of some sort! Hand it over or I go all out! Nyah!"
>"Over my dead body you will!"
>Kratos begins to strike Morgana with his chains, but Morgana cancels the third strike with his Persona, Zorro
>Morgana uses Garula on Kratos and begins to charge at him when he's dizzy
>suddenly, Morgana is hit in the face with a fruit bazooka and Crash runs into the scene
>Kratos gets up to use his chains against Crash, but Crash uses a spin to cancel the, and slide tackles Morgana whilst doing so
>an speeding arrow barely misses Crash and hits a tree
>"WOAH!"
>"I shall put an end to this"
>Aloy jumps down from a tree and aims her bow and arrow at Morgana, who dodges and fires his sling shot at her
>meanwhile Kratos is fighting Crash in the background
>the shot zooms out, as silhouettes appear in the background behind trees with beaming eyes
>cuts to black
>2018

That's all the CG trailer is.
>>
>>386589478
Who came first, second, third, and fourth place?

How were Drake and Kratos in the match? Did all their moves come back from the original?
>>
>>386591412
Do the CG models look good?

So after that CG trailer they told you the gameplay trailer will be shown at PSX?

Was Kratos voiced by TC Carson or the new Kratos from the new God of War?
>>
>>386591412
That sounds like fan fiction honestly? Like idk that just seems off to me.

How did the menu's look? Like the characters select screen and stage select screen looking better?
>>
>>386590543
I liked the first game more than most of my colleagues and peers, and I don't like Sony's word of mouth situation. I'm risking it so long as the info of w.o.m gets out and Sony is finally caught.

>>386591072
The demos were ones that were running in engine, which could mean that they're either replays recorded in engine or AI matches.

>>386591298
I'm mainly answering questions that are small, or just repeating myself to those who went straight to answering before reading info.

>>386591516
First was Crash, Second was Kratos, Third was Morgana and Fourth was Drake.

>>386590898
Parappa's boombox was changed so instead of giving off what was points to build super, it now causes minor damage to opponents caught in it every time it blasts a beat of music. Results screen had characters clapping in the background, and was in the stage they were fighting in. Character select has bigger icons for selecting characters, and has more room for slots than the last game.

I was given the opportunity because I was involved with many PlayStation articles, and have a higher position in the company than other journalists.
>>
>>386591412
Did the trailer get you hyped personally? Or was it kinda meh? That description makes me think the reveal trailer will do the game more harm then good.
>>
>>386592173
why? that sounds like any typical action oriented trailer
>>
>>386591860
The models looked pretty good. I don't know who animated it, but Kratos and Aloy looked pretty faithful to their games, Crash looked like he does in the N Sane Trilogy but better fur, and there was some fur on Morgana and material seen on his clothing and equipment.

TC Karson voiced Kratos.

>>386592046
I honestly thought it was too.

The menus feel a lot more stylised than the first game. Less boxes except for the character select icons and portrait boxes. Also gone is the basic photoshop design for the UI.
>>
>>386592118
You think this game has a good chance of getting leaked in someway or another? Like big sites usually just dismiss 4chan rumors, but Sony doesn't really have a good track record of keeping secrets.

Also did they give more of a specific date or just October? Like one day everyone will just wake up to a trailer for a new PS4 exclusive?
>>
>>386592173
The trailer had good animation, but I don't think it's going to be hype enough. Some maybe hyped, but most will wonder "who the hell IS that weird cat? Why does it sounds annoying?"
>>
Didn't Game Arts tweet recently they aren't working on the game?

Like I know they haven't released anything since 2015 according to wikipedia, but it's unusual for developers to just out right say they aren't working on something.
>>
>>386592569
The only way this could be leaked is if someone finds a file for a copyright, or something regarding the game on Sony's servers. Knowing Sony, it'll likely happen. No specific date other than October, but Sony will probably tease the video a few hours before.
>>
Will there be any friendships or characters having positive interactions?
>>
>>386592668
Anything about a story mode? Also did the forest look recognizable from another video game or is it just a generic forest?

Also out of the 4 "potential" names for the game you listed, which one is your favorite?

Also did someone actually come investigate your office cause of your original post?
>>
>>386592749
GameArts is working on the game, but they have been told to deny anything in case of an information break out. Sony will only investigate if this leak spreads throughout various websites, but I haven't seen any major site, nor youtuber cover this info.

>>386592891
That I am uncertain of, but we will have to find out when the developers reveal more. They did tell me and other people that there is an arcade mode like the first game, so I'm hoping that in that arcade mode you also team up with someone for at least one match with interactions before hand.
>>
>>386592749

When characters do combos, do they do less damage as the combo goes on like in other fighting games? Or do the AP bursts return?

When characters die in the match, do they explode with the PlayStation face buttons effect like in the original?

How are Drake and Kratos in this game? All the moves the same or are their new moves and new supers?
>>
>>386593097
No info on a story mode yet.

I like the name PlayStation Arena, because it sounds less dumb to say.

A manager looked at various people's web history, but there's word of another leak having happened at the same time on a different game so who knows if it's about the info I've shared.
>>
>>386593336
You responded to the wrong guy. Lol

Yeah, combos do get weaker over time. When characters die, the screen will freeze for a millisecond with a bang noise and the character will fall down and fade into PlayStation button icons.

Kratos and Drake still have their original move set.
>>
>a game where you have to listen to dub morgana
o i am pukin
>>
>>386593354
Did they talk about how they acquired Crash and Spyro this time?

Also if Spyro is going to be in the PSX demo, does that mean that the Spyro collection will get announced at PSX in your opinion? Or is it highly likely now?

Any word on alternate costumes?

Has GameArts said how they will be taking fan requests this time around?
>>
Ok why the hell would they announce this in October and not save it for PSX? This just doesn't make sense. Sony this generation hasn't revealed a big game that wasn't at an event. So why the hell would they do it now?
>>
>>386593817
They didn't say how they acquired the rights to Crash and Spyro, but it's likely that with other companies that Activision agreed to let them use the characters, though not sure why they didn't the first time.

Spyro is going to be teased at PSX most likely, but as for alternate costumes they said they will be in the game and like last game there will be variants of outfits with 4 colour pallets each.

GameArts will listen to what characters the fans want to see return, and will have time to add them in as free DLC after launch. As for new characters, they're still working on a voting system of some sort.
>>
>>386593670
Does the game not look like shit like the original?

Does Parappa look normal this time? And do Drake and Kratos have better models in this one.
>>
>>386594063
Some companies have a certain time that they can release videos created by animation studios, and if they do not release them by a certain date then the studio owns full right of the videos. Sony's rights to the teaser likely expires in October and can't do anything about it.
>>
>>386586742
One question, how much do you get paid to post this bullshit.
>>
Jersey Devil
>>
>>386594332
Parappa doesn't look like shit this time. He looks like the Parappa seen in the originals, but with higher quality textures and more animated face. Nathan Drake and Kratos look better too. This is because outside studios are working on models, and assets are being shared from studios like Naughty Dog, Persona Studio, Vicarious Visions, etc.
>>
>>386594216
How long did your presentation last? An hour or so?

What does E38G5XM9 mean?

Anything about beta's that they might do?
>>
>>386594646
Are the models going to look "animated" or cartoonish, like they were cel-shaded?
>>
Why can't they just make a straight up smash bros clone? That's all anyone actually wants.
>>
>>386594646
When you talked about the Crash stage you saw a little bit of in the second thread that had the layout on the DK64 stage in brawl, could you elaborate more?

Was it like Delfino plaza in smash were the stage movies from area to area.
>>
>>386594773
It was roughly over 1 hour 30 minutes before seating one at a time over to a screen to watch gameplay and jot notes down.

Cannot say, or that's a law suit for me.

No word on any open beta, YET. I did ask during the session.
>>
>>386594856
They weren't cel shaded or cartoonish at all. They looked like they were straight out of their game and adjusted perfectly to the stage's lighting and textures.

>>386595035
It's layout was similar with a slop in the middle and two platforms on both sides at the top. The platforms weren't tilted though, and on both sides were metal bounce boxes.

The stage was still, unlike Delfino Plaza. You could see levels in the background though, with what looked to be level layouts from Crash 1.
>>
>>386595049
The movesets are already known about Crash and Morgana, but what did you think of them personally? Did they look like characters you'd like to play. Was Morgana more of a combo character than Crash?
>>
I wouldn't care if they made another one. Just give me Spike, Sly, and Parappa again.

>>386588807
Not sure about the rumor, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a sequel. All-Stars garnered a bunch of hype when it was coming out, even if the final product wasn't that good.

It had potential. It just had a shit roster, broken characters (I'm looking at you Sackboy), looked pretty bad, and it got boring fast. All of that could easily be fixed in a sequel.
>>
will the stages be like how they are in the first game?
>>
>everday some retard spams the same thread with no source
It's not happening, stop with this fucking spam already.
>>
>>386595457
Both characters looked like they had nice movesets. Didn't see Morgana pull off anything in terms of good combos, but Crash did do something cool against Kratos.

>slide kick
>followed by up punch
>followed by spin
>shoot Kratos in air with fruit bazooka
>spin in air
>finally followed by body slam
>>
>>386595373
Since there are 2 Activision characters in this game, does that mean we can see multiple characters from different 3rd parties?

Like we can get Noctis and Lara Croft/2B from Square, and Heihachi and Klonoa/King of all Cosmos from Nacmo?
>>
>>386595537
Yup. Closed off borders like last game, though some stages might have water like the Jak stage and gaps like the Killzone stage.
>>
>>386595838
It would seem so, but we will have to wait until more characters are revealed over time. I would imagine that the PSX demo will have more fighters than the demo I was shown, so we can see who's there.
>>
>>386595914
I meant like a merging of two games into one stage?
>>
>>386596014
I thought you said that the PSX demo would only contain the characters you saw?
>>
>>386596069
Well the first time I shared info I did say the stages would be having crossovers like the first game. Read the original leak.
>>
Naughty Dog leaker here. Yeah, I provided feedback on the game, particularly where TLOU content is concerned. Ellie is playable.
>>
>>386595914
Did you see any gameplay of Parappa, Aloy and Noctis? I really want to hear anything on Noctis. Love FFXV
>>
>Sony is stealing from Nintendo again
How shameless.
>>
>>386596110
I said that at the time, but what I likely meant was that it could possibly only have the characters I saw. I would assume they would add more to the PSX demo since they would have more characters done by then.
>>
>>386596183
Lol gtfo there is only one leaker allowed here. Plus does you're dad work at Naughty Dog too?
>>
>>386596224
I didn't see gameplay of them. I only saw gameplay of Kratos, Nathan Drake, Morgana and Crash. Parappa and other characters from the first game all retain their original moves from the first game, that's all I know about Parappa's moves other than they mentioned a slight change to how his boom box works.
>>
>>386596304
Did they say how many companies are helping them with assets? You mentioned other developers provided character models and did the stage remixes, anything else or is that the extent of it?
>>
>>386595373
Who was fighting in the Crash stage if you remember? And did you like the Persona stage a lot?
>>
>>386596480
Considering the original game was divisive due to character roster, gameplay etc. Do you think this game will be much better received?
>>
>>386596570
Every studio who has their character(s) involved have provided assets for them to use or reference along with creative input on movesets and potential story stuff and original music. They did not mention what company was helping with modelling and animations.

>>386596698
At a glimpse I saw Noctis and Crash on the stage. Didn't see anyone else. Either I didn't see them or it was a 1v1.

The Persona stage looked like a lot of fun. The Phantom Thieves interacted with what was going on via speech boxes like in Persona 5. They also speak with Morgana if he's on stage.
>>
>>386596937
Most certainly. I feel that not only does the combat look better, but the selection of characters is more appealing. I was very put off at first when I saw Big Daddy revealed for the first game, but I feel many people won't be disappointed when the first couple characters are revealed at PSX.
>>
>>386596480
Any glimpses on how PlayStation Arena and the Tearaway stage looks like? Even if you just saw a still image?

You said it was 1 hour and 30 mins, could say how long each segment was?
>>
>>386597170
I hope Toro, Parappa, Daniel, Spike and Kat return.
>>
>>386596480
How long did it take for Crash and Morgana to uild up their super meter?

For Morgana's super, does it only affect one character or all 3? And how does the super start up?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>386597373
Was the character select screen layout like this?

Obviously with not as many characters, but with same size icons for both selecting the character and the portraits below. And with a color corresponding to with every player? Like P1 is red, P2 is blue, P3 is green, and P4 is pink?
>>
>>386597175
I did get an idea of the stage layouts for PlayStation Arena and Tearaway in the presentation they held. PlayStation Arena is basically Battlefield with walls, but in a PlayStation branded arena. Tearaway has a similar layout to the LBP stage from the first game, although smaller and less platforms. They did mention that the stage unfolds platforms as the match progresses.

Each segment of the presentation varied. The first part was under 10 minutes, the others were roughly 25 more or less.

>>386597373
The super meters took a bit of time for characters to build up, since there isn't 3 different levels. Crash built his up faster than others since he was able to pull off some combos during the match, meanwhile Morgana took some time since he was getting cornered by Kratos and Crash at points.

>>386597680
Yup, pretty similar to that. Same colours as the first game though.
>>
>>386597373
Oh forgot to mention that Morgana's Super only catches those in range. The super starts automatically, unlike the first game where characters had animations as they unleashed their level 3 supers.
>>
>>386597904
Do the original voice actors return? Like TC Carson for Kratos, Nolan North for Drake and Dredd Fox for Parappa?
>>
Also one thing to mention that the game is getting it's own theme song rather than using an existing song. The character select screen did not have music, so it might not be complete yet. I personally can't wait to hear it.
>>
>>386598136
Kratos and Drake still have their voice actors. I asked about Dredd Fox if he would still be voicing Parappa after the whole incident online, and then they said yes.
>>
>>386597904
So when you fill up your meter the super starts automatically or can you hold onto it?

Does the PlayStation Arena look like the same as the same as the rival arena from the original?
>>
Post your dream level mash upd
>>
File: b3V64Tk.png (309KB, 545x480px) Image search: [Google]
b3V64Tk.png
309KB, 545x480px
>>386586742

What is the point of hiding the gameplay for another two months?

Everyone knows it's going to be played like a 2D Brawler/Fighter
>>
>>386598314
You can hold it, just like in the first game.

>>386598359
I would love to see a crossover stage of Final Fantasy and Persona.
>>
>>386598271
I thought you said that you thought Drake and Parappa sounded "off" from what you've seen.

Speaking of voice, do the characters speak to eachother during the fight? If so do you remember any lines? Are taunts back?
>>
File: Image-bloodborne-c01a.jpg (219KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
Image-bloodborne-c01a.jpg
219KB, 1472x828px
How HYPED are you gonna be when Tonight, Gehrman joins the brawl?
>>
>>386598359
War of the Monsters X Shadow of the Colossus please.
>>
>>386598563
Drake was the same voice actor, but he just sounded a little different than I remember. Parappa's line I did not hear.

No interactions in fight, other than the Phantom Thieves in the Persona stage.
>>
I have something coming up tomorrow. I will get some rest soon, but will answer more question in the mean time.
>>
>>386598271
Is that the whole "Parappa the scammer" thing that happened? Also how does the PlayStation arena stage look. Same blue hexagons pillars like in the original game or something completely new?
>>
>>386588470
This would make me buy it instantly.
>>
>>386598801
How often are you gonna keep coming back to theses threads, and at what time? If people want to keep asking questions?
>>
>>386598805
Yup, the Parappa scam incident.

PlayStation Arena looks like an arena with an audience, with a stage in the middle of it all. The stage, borders and screen are all PlayStation branded. (Blue with white PlayStation icon) Looks like the kind of stage that a story mode would take place in.
>>
>>386598886
If I happen to be browsing /v/ and see a thread talking about it in the catalog, I will take a read to see what people are wanting to know, and maybe out some people saying other stuff that isn't true.
>>
>>386590025
Do you actually have any screenshots/video that was sent to you from Sony PR or all you have is your memory of what you saw at the event?

Will you tell us anything substantial in the near future or is this all we have to go off of till October.
>>
>>386599206
Sony's PR don't send screenshots or b roll until announcement. I've posted pretty much most of what I remember, though I roughly rember various small things as well that people have asked about. I'm not going to be gone until October, since I've decided to come see these threads once in a while.
>>
>>386599071
I thought GameArts tweeted like 4 times that they aren't developing the game.

Plus why would Sony keep this as big as a secret as they are. It seems kinda excessive for a mascot fighting game.
>>
>>386599418
I already mentioned why GameArts denied production on the game.

Sony are making this big, because they want this to be big. The Switch has taken a lot of market share now, especially in Japan. Sony needed a game to fight off a potential Switch Smash Bros to keep their playerbase focused on PlayStation.
>>
>>386599071

Are there custom options for matches? Like kill limit, stock, time matches etc.

When the developers were speaking, did they give off a vibe that they won't fuck this up like what happened to the original? Like is the game director someone hardcore fighting game fans know?
>>
>>386598359
Ape Escape X Jumping Flash, just for a nice remix of the soundtrack.
>>
>>386599601
Since they said they are aiming for a 32 character roster at launch, did they hint at any other characters they are interested in (other than lammy, dante and klonoa).

Did they give any indications on how many of the characters from the original will be returning? How many newcomers the game will have? How many third party characters etc.
>>
>>386599646
Of course there are custom options for matches like the first game.

The director is someone who has worked with some well known fighting games before hand, but I will keep anonymous. Him and the developers at Game Arts seemed very determined to have this be a stand out fighting game, one that will succeed where the original failed. Some of the team members also have had experience with Super Smash Bros Brawl and TMNT Smash Up.
>>
>>386599913
They didn't give any other hints as to else would be in the game.
>>
I think I shall head off now. See you next time, maybe, I guess, who knows.
>>
>>386599939
Do character's health bars deplete quickly? Like how much damage does it take to KO someone? Does the person who get the last him get the point?

Also any info on items and assists (like the assist trophy in brawl)?
>>
>>386599939
Can you say what fighting games those are?

Also, will this be a competitively viable game?

How's it play when it comes to speed and mechanics?

How's it compare to Melee?

How's it compare to Guilty Gear and the ASW fighters?

Can you go more in-depth about the mechanics?

Does it have combo bursts? High blocks and low blocks? Overheads? DP inputs? Rekka characters?
>>
I'm a Sonyfag by /v/'s standards, but who actually wants this...? Smash Bros works because Nintendo characters (and third party characters) work well together. Having Morgana and Nathan Drake fight is just jarring and doesn't work. Also, Smash is actually fun.
>>
>>386600475
If it's a competitively viable platform fighter that's as fast paced as the anime fighters, I'm down.

Bonus if it includes 2B, Kat, Snake, Cloud, Noctis, etc...
>>
>>386600475
>Implying that Snake fit in well in Smash

Why is that a big deal? It really isn't jarring at all.
>>
>>386600182
Before I leave, I will answer these ones.

The character life bars do not deplete fast, but nor slow. Every character takes around 150 hits until they lose a stock or gain a death. Person who does final blow gets the kill.

The demo I was shown did not have any assist character or items. I would wait until PSX to see what items there are.

>>386600248

He has worked on the Virtua Fighter series up until 5, but he wasn't the director of the game.

I'd say this has potential of being competitively viable. More so than the first game.

Slower than Melee, but less of a buggy turd.

I'm not sure how to answer the rest of those unfortunately.
>>
>>386600623
Seeing 2B vs Cloud vs Snake vs Kratos in a game would be fucking awesome.
>>
Ok, NOW I'm going for real.
>>
File: 1500603620343.webm (2MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1500603620343.webm
2MB, 1000x562px
>>386600743
If it's as fast paced as this, them I'm down.

Platform fighter, yeah?
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.