[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, real talk, when it comes to fighting games, why are you not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 29

File: Street-Fighter-V-620x350.jpg (145KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-V-620x350.jpg
145KB, 620x350px
Ok, real talk, when it comes to fighting games, why are you not playing the most popular game?
>b-but it's shit and dumbed down for casuals
So? It's the most played. All the legendary pros play it, and people follow the pros. If your game doesn't have a good population, why play it in the first place? You're going to have harder times finding local scenes, harder times getting good payouts when you do go, and harder time finding people on your skill level since those who are better wont give you the time of day to improve.

I'm not saying you should play SFV or MvC Infinite, but you're pretty fucking retarded thinking you're a maverick for playing something like GG or pre-ordering DBFZ. Popularity is all that matters with these e-sports games.
>>
>>386580769
ok
>>
>real talk

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand close
>>
For all of its faults, I still enjoy this game for than 4. It's honestly the most fun I've had with a fighting game in a while, even if it's very fucking far from perfect.
>>
Tekken 7 has more people playing.
>>
>>386580769
>E-sports games
Good thing I don't care about that garbage and pretty much only play fighting games with friends.
>>
>>386580769
I only play fighting games with a close group of friends meaning popularity doesn't matter at all. I play for fun exclusively.
>>
>>386580769

Popularity doesn't make the game good. Pros play it because of money, wannabes play because of pros.
>>
>Season Pass 1 at 10 dls
Is worth it?
>>
>>386581587
Tell me your interest in each character and I can answer that.
>>
>>386581587
No, only Urien and Balrog are good.
>>
File: 1488966191717.png (157KB, 552x560px) Image search: [Google]
1488966191717.png
157KB, 552x560px
>>386580769
I'm not playing it because it is not fun.
>>
>>386581587
Yeah. Worth it for Urien/Balrog/Ibuki. 10 is a steal considering each character is $7.
>>
>>386581717
Isnt it about 8 dollars for those characters alone without the cosmetics?
>>
>>386581842
It's 7, so yeah the season pass on sale is absolutely worth it
>>
>>386581587

Not really, unless you previously mained any of the non-Kolin characters in older games and want to relive the feeling. Balrog/Urien are "good" but have yet to be tournament threats, Juri is shit, Ibuki is stylish but otherwise ineffective, Alex is a complete mixed bag that constantly gets nerfs for no reason.
>>
>>386580769
I played SFV for over and entire year out of loyalty to the franchise and my enjoyment of SF4 which lasted 7 or 8 years.

Then I decided to buy GG one day about a month ago and ever since I simply cannot go back to SFV. Yes there are less players but SFV is a terribly boring game.
>>
>>386580769
everyone hates the game, even the pros hate it. Only reason they play is because its their job
>>
>>386583065
>everyone hates it
>most played game

Then they must not even think about other games LMAO
>>
>>386580769
>don't play a game because it's good or fun
>play this other game because it's popular even if it sucks!
Sad thing is thanks to streaming, there are legit people on /v/ who feel this way.
>>
>>386580769
>ad populum
I´m not playing your shit game capcbro.
>>
>>386583321
>play a game no one plays
or
>play a game everyone plays

I dont make the rules, I just follow them. FGC is small and thats how its going to be, if its not capcom then dont bother.
>>
>>386581247
>>386582670
3rd Strike was my first Street Fighter back in 2011. I tried out SF4 immediately after and found it physically painful to play, so I dropped it after a few hours. SFV is better than 4 simply on the virtue that I can actually play it.
>>
>>386583463
>play a game that some people play that is fun
>play a game many people play that isn't fun
>picks the latter
Truly a DSP quality decision.
>>
I play Tekken, which has plenty of players for me to be happy.
>>
>>386580769
>why are you not playing the most popular game?
popular with who? FGC faggots? no one cares, nigga. game sold like shit, it looks like shit, and for the most part it plays like shit.

there are so many other fighting games out right now, why waste time, money, and energy on a busted piece of shit from Capcom, the laziest company in history?

>>386583463
are you retarded?
>>
>>386581247
>It's honestly the most fun I've had with a fighting game in a while
how the fuck
I can understand liking the game, but thinking it's actually this fun? How many fighting games have you played?
>>
File: GetUpToBurn_1_0.webm (3MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
GetUpToBurn_1_0.webm
3MB, 576x324px
>>386582670
this. also started playing BB and UNIEL recently and they're all so much more fun. I've heard good things about Tekken too
>>
>>386580769
>we should play unsatisfying games because they're popular

the only reason SFV has the tournament presence it does is

1) Capcom/Sony put money behind the game a

and

2) SFIV created a huge scene for Street Fighter in the first place

No one should play something because it's popular, that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>386580769
>the most popular game
>It's the most played

it actually flopped

injustice 2 and pokken tournament are as played or more so
>>
>>386580769
popularity doesn't equal enjoyment

Now Tekken 7 fucking delivered, less popular but much more fun
>>
Everything else on the market is much more fun to me.
>>
File: 7428e97355cf4d6e764c978d8fa3da6f.jpg (356KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7428e97355cf4d6e764c978d8fa3da6f.jpg
356KB, 900x1200px
I've never really played Street Fighter before so I have no standards. How should I be playing the game in order to win?
>>
>>386585104
choose Akuma
wait for punish
win
>>
>>386580769

I think you may actually be combofiend, for real. Go back to "work", Peter.
>>
File: kof98.png (1MB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
kof98.png
1MB, 1000x700px
>>386580769
3rd strike and kof98 are still fun to play though
>>
Because it's a hobby, not a job.
>>
>>386585104
dont jump in and block

that'll take you to silver in an hour
>>
>>386582670
>>386584409
This

I had a car accident and it was pretty bad, couldn't move my legs at all

Then I started playing GG and I was walking again.

Buy GG
>>
>>386580769
>e-sports

Playing before that and probably before lots of anons since I first walked into an arcade in the 90s. I simply play what's fun and SFV has yet to entertain me. It's unfortunate since I like that older characters have finally made their return, but maybe a later update or revision of sorts will draw me back in.
>>
>>386580769
Capcom's hold on the fighting game tournament scene is dwindling.

And popularity is a shitty reason to be into ANYTHING, let alone something like a video game which is supposed to be enjoyable.
>>
>>386583065
This. It's basically work to them. Even pro players themselves have bashed the game.
>>
File: BBCF Valkenhayn Artwork.png (592KB, 688x1241px) Image search: [Google]
BBCF Valkenhayn Artwork.png
592KB, 688x1241px
>>386580769
>Why are you not playing the most popular game?
It's not fun. I'll stick to playing games I enjoy.
>>
File: sakura-sfa3-side.jpg (115KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
sakura-sfa3-side.jpg
115KB, 750x950px
>>386580769
because i dont have my main
also
>esports
fuck off
>>
>>386584409
I love vids like this. I'm making one for BBCF and it's really difficult. I'm even doing it the easy way with cuts, can't imagine how long it must've taken to set all of this up.
>>
It's not fun and E-Sports is fucking cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21sBsyxHPAE
>>
>>386581116
why?
>>
It's overrated. The gameplay is shit, the art style is dogshit, and it's just not a very enjoyable game. Tekken was always a better fighting game. And /vg/ confirms that. They're flocking to T7 and is now the official FGC game
>>
>>386590224
>>386590224
Why is E-Sports cancer?
>>
if that was the case then everybody should stop playing fighting games period and go play shit like counter strike or dota.

but op is just pretending to be retarded and this is a shitty bait thread anyways.
>>
>>386590224
>tekken players think they have an opinion

Low class scum. All of them
>>
>>386590224
cool e-celeb opinions bro
>>
>>386590390
>corps literally telling a player he can't play a character in her default costume
>not cancer
>>
>>386590390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEPZJy380Os

Because it leads to shit like this.
>>
>>386580769
because im not going to play 500 000 people all at once, its a fucking fighting game, 1 on 1. There doesn't need to be a "scene" or a population or legendary pros or whatever the fuck. You literally only need 1 other person to have a match. Every fighting game I buy I go in on with at least a dozen other people from my circle of friends and theres a handful of autistic gods on netplay I can go measure myself against. No need for 800k bronze scrubs trying to copy what they saw on crosscounter tv or some shit
>>
>>386580769
>but its shit and dumbed down for casuals
>So? It's the most played.
Why would I play a game I think is shit though?
>>
>>386590520
Tekken is bigger around the world than SF is. Street Fighter isn't even the biggest fighting game in Japan. SFV is riding literally all on legacy and nothing else.
>>
>>386590520
as someone who loves both Tekken and Street Fighter,

Tekken is by far a much harder beast to master, by far, so I just find posts like yours to be ironic more than anything.
>>
>>386590390
is this a rhetorical question?
>>
>>386580769

Is false flag shitposting still cool?
>>
>>386590997
No I really wanted to know the answer senpai. I see a lot of people crying about it
>>
>>386591065
No but it sure as shit gets replies. Look at this thread, it's literally
>why aren't you playing a game you don't think is fun: SFV edition
and people are bumping it.
>>
>>386591305
games are worse when they're designed for esports faggotry

see: LoL, Hearthstone, SC2, CS: GO, SFV, Halo 5, Overwatch, any fucking esports game
>>
>>386591305
In the instance of fighting games
>players are all poverty tier
>sponsors and TOs make the real money while players get scraps
>this leads to them going to whoever offers just a dollar more for their game prize pools, which is why Capcom games are usually the most popular
>even if the game is shit, people play it because it offers the most money
>90% those who are sponsored cant play anything else because that would cause the sponsors to lose views
>the other 10% who are considered gods like Daigo can play whatever and the sponsors follow them
>the 90% actually believe they can reach this status though
>>
>>386580769
Anyone else feel like shitposters have went full force in trying to pick up stray SF players to other games?
>>
>>386580769
Have you heard of Clash of Clans? All the cool kids are playing it. Probably one of the most populated games. Sounds like your cup of tea OP
>>
>>386591305
Hobby + money = work. This applies to everything, but it's especially bad with video games because there's a competitive element, so when people play to win (instead of to have fun) you get shit like the Injustice 2 finals at evo which was just projectile spam, or games where the meta is fubar'd like Melee.
>>
>>386583651
I can understand not liking it, but physically painful? If true that's some weapons grade autism.
>>
SFV is legitimately at its core a good game. Only /r/kappa bandwagon haters try to fit their narrative of hating Capcom. These people don't even play fighting games to begin with, only do some chinstroking posts and e-sports athlete worship. SFV at the moment is about where SF4 vanilla is at. Good game at the core, but needing some improvement to encourage diversity of playstyles, and even differing playstyles among the same character to make individual player shine. Reminder that with respect to vanilla games, SF2:Guile vs. Guile, SF3 and vanilla SF4 are not that much better than SFV at all.

Even 3rd Strike bandwagoner, who never played 3rd Strike competitively is clouded with nostalgia faggotry about muh Q, Urien, etc. The fact is 3rd Strike, the 3rd iteration of SF3 has less character on the roster than SFV, and less diversity on the tier that is dominated by ChunYunKen permutations. If people play 3rd strike for real these days they'll be crying for muh Q, Alex, 12, etc being on the kids league compared to ChunYunKen trio.

The only legitimate complain about SFV pertains not to the gameplay, but everything surrounding the game itself. Broken netcode, fight money grinding at 50FM each per online win, overpriced DLCs, seasonal costumes, survival mode grinding to unlock colors, terrible tutorials, etc.
>>
>>386591712
these faggots have been asspained about sf5 being more popular than their games for over a year

they just cant handle that an "objectively shit" game is more popular than their shitty animu airdashing trash.
>>
>>386592030
>SFV is legitimately at its core a good game.

lol stopped reading
>>
>>386591712
>>386592030
>>386592114
aaaaaaand the capcom shills are here...
>>
>>386580769
>Ok, real talk, when it comes to fighting games, why are you not playing the most popular game?

I'm not gay and, of course, I'm not gonna give capcom any money. Also, sorry to say this, but I dont play or enjoy a game based on its popularity so your "arguments" are meaningless for me.
>>
>>386592114
congratulations your shit game is more popular than other shit games
>>
>>386580769
>come on anon! Try eating shit, everyone is doing it!
>>
>>386592030
>SFV at the moment is about where SF4 vanilla is at
Which is pretty sad desu. The bigger problem is that it doesn't have a good future; the core gameplay is set in stone and a LOT of people find it boring. At least SF4 was kinda fun to pick up and play so the new editions were able to build on that, SFV is snoozers.
>>
>>386592219
It's objectively better than 3rd Strike. It is about on par with vanilla SF4 and SSF4.

The only two better SF games than SFV are SF4AE and USF4 both of which comes after 3-4 years worth of iteration and improving upon SF4 vanilla.
>>
>>386592272
>>386592356
I never even said sf5 was good. I just think its funny how assblassyed you all are. Literally a year of nonstop asspain.
>>
File: cats.jpg (589KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
589KB, 1500x750px
>>386592454
>SFV better than 3rd strike
>on par with SSF4
WEW
>>
>>386592030
There are absolutely issues with the core gameplay

>input lag nearly twice as much as it was in SFIV
>short stubby normals with little range
>homogenized links offer little variance in skill or difficulty
>crush counters risk/reward is retarded
>v-triggers have the same exact issues as focus attack in terms of balancing (some characters have great ones, others have mediocre ones) but they now also lead to incredibly low effort and easy comebacks

you have to be a fucking idiot to think there aren't issues with the core gameplay
>>
>>386592454
>It's objectively better than 3rd Strike.
nope

>It is about on par with vanilla SF4 and SSF4.
in what fucking way? those games were fun, had better characters, and actually had people playing them. SFV is stillborn. who's gonna fucking care about it in another year? tourneyfags? who gives a shit?
>>
>>386592452
It depends on how Capcom gonna improve the game. If SSFV is true, or new system overhaul like the Alpha style -isms, new V-trigger system for old characters, new Supers, etc rather than keep introducing characters with new gimmick then we're in onto the best SF game ever. The core game is already there in SFV. Nobody, not even the pros misses the tight execution and fightstick gymnastics required in SF4.

However if they keep what they did with season 2 patch, taking away tools from good characters they deemed overpowered like Chun and Nash, rather than giving new tools to underpowered characters to even the playing field and improve diversity of play then of course the game gonna get stale. Only time will tell which direction will Capcom take
>>
>>386581587
yes. 4/6 of the characters are strong.
>>
>>386592753
>input lag nearly twice as much as it was in sf4

stopped reading there, this is objectively false. try harder next time kappa turd.
>>
Selling my PS4 and getting a switch + hori RAPV.

I'm fine with USSF2.
>>
>>386592958
except that's a factual statement.

it was around 4 frames in SFIV and it's 7 now, which is nearly twice as much.

faggot, you can't combat what I'm saying and you know it.
>>
>>386592756
>>386592643
Faggots with nostalgia pandering.

I bet you both don't even play 3rd strike at competitive level. 3rd strike has LESS character roster than SFV, and way more broken tier that is dominated by ChunYunKen.

SFV EVO had 8 participants using 8 different mains with almost each playstyles being represented. There's Shoto, Sim, Zangief, Chun, rushdown (Cammy, Rashid), and defensive (Guile)
>>
>>386592958
no, you kept reading and realized you don't know what you're talking about. copping out is just a better option for you.
>>
>>386593190
>I bet you both don't even play 3rd strike at competitive level.
no, thank god, I'm not a faggot like you

>SFV EVO had 8 participants using 8 different mains with almost each playstyles being represented.
cool story, game is still garbage
>>
>>386593190
>3rd strike has LESS character roster than SFV, and way more broken tier that is dominated by ChunYunKen.
And yet it was still more fun
>>
>>386593146
it was 6 frames on the ps3 version and guess which version they played on in tournaments for the vast majority of the games lifespan

youre such a faggot its painful
>>
File: Adachi chair.jpg (346KB, 800x954px) Image search: [Google]
Adachi chair.jpg
346KB, 800x954px
>>386592030
>SFV is legitimately at its core a good game
No, it's not. It's inherently flawed and relies far more on guessing correctly than it does actual skill, and it favors offense over defense to such an absurd degree that it's downright laughable.
Did someone just jump at you? Congrats, you can now anti-air for anywhere between 30 damage (jab) to 90 damage (cr.HP), or maybe even 100-120 if you have a special move you can use as an AA. There are exceptions, like some characters being able to juggle (Alex cr.HP), but for the most part, that's all you're getting from a successful AA.If you get lucky and get a CC, you can get more, maybe even 200 damage, upped to 400-ish if you blow your super.
Meanwhile the amount of damage a successful jump-in deals is roughly 3 times that (250-ish damage off a decent jump-in), excluding exceptions. 500 damage off a jump-in with super is perfectly normal.
"So just block it, then", seems like the obvious solution. However, after blocking a jump-in, you're at the worst possible position you can be: a massive frame disadvantage at point blank range.
You're encouraged to just go all out and try to force your way in, 'cause if you're successful, you can easily make up for any losses you made while trying to get in.
>>
>>386592958
https://shoryuken.com/2016/09/26/initial-testing-shows-that-street-fighter-vs-input-delay-is-now-only-6-5-frames-on-playstation-4/

lmao
busted ass game for busted ass fags
>>
>>386593525
incorrect, 360 was the tournament standard FOR YEARS, faggot, and then it was PS4 when the next gen started up.
>>
>>386590767
LOL

Capcops have been taking mirrors of this video down all day but missed this one. Hope it keeps spreading like wildfire.
>>
>>386593264
>shit that didnt happen
>>
>>386593525
>youre such a faggot its painful

says the guy talking straight out of his ass. I gave you a list of gameplay problems and you couldn't even begin to combat them. instead, you get hung up on the input lag and then try to justify your opinion with false information.

the PS3 has extra, unintended, input lag.
>>
>>386593797
except that's exactly what happened.

if you could combat what I was saying in any reasonable fashion then you would have done so, instead you took the easy way out and still ended up being wrong.

SFV apologists are the fucking worst.
>>
Nigger, If I only wanted to play a game because it has a playbase, then I'd rather play fucking Tekken 7 over this Goofy ass excuse for a street fighter game. Otherwise Im sticking with GG since I actually like the character designs, music themes more so then in any other fighter game and feel more accomplished from even learning a little bit how to master Johnny and Haehyun (who is my waifu, plz be respectful or ill cut you).

What's with these threads lately all about fear mongering the rest of the FGC and shaming people for not playing SFV. I don't need this type of negativity in my life dude, even if it's /v/. It's really cringe and sad and I hope you can stop living in self denial and fear.
>>
>>386593721
how fucking retarded are you? they switched off of playstayion to 360 when the ps4 version was shit.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tournament-dumps-ps4-ultra-street-fighter-4-in-fav/1100-6427717/
>>
Lads how do I win with chun? I started and made it to like super silver but I'm starting to lose more. She is pretty hard to play.
>>
>>386593972
I still haven't read the rest of your dumbass post and I never will. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>386594014
lmao... all this does is speak to 360 being the long running tournament standard, do you realize that, right faggot?

like I said, 360 was the tournament standard for years.

>>386594106
that's okay because you've already proven yourself to be a complete moron. I don't even dislike SFV completely but it absolutely has core gameplay issues that need to change if the game ever wants to be largely accepted.

quit talking out of your ass, that's all you're capable of doing.
>>
>>386594014
and before that the 360 was standard for years, which is exactly what was said. way to post an article that is indicative of that though, faggot. if the PS3 was tournament standard, like you claimed, then wouldn't they switch back to that?!

360 was the long running tournament standard for years and years.
>>
>>386594343
Same for marvel 3 too, for the same reason. PS3 and I guess 4 now have had historically higher input delay.
>>
>>386594343
>>386594210
it was the standard for years but it was still the standard for less time than the ps3 version.

you faggots keep obscuring facts to make yourselves look right about a videogame. youre fucking pathetic.
>>
>>386580769
>and people follow the pros

No. You do though, you havn't stopped crying about their theoretical future lossess for a fucking week now.
>>
not playing cause i dont want to keep feeding capcom money to have new characters whenever they feel like asking for more money.

Also my fav chars arent in the game.
>>
>>386594428
exactly, Sony consoles have a history of having higher input lag.

but this moron I'm talking to thinks PS3 was ever the tournament standard when it had like 2 more frames of input lag.

>>386594456
that's just blatantly incorrect. the PS3 version of SFIV was well known for having extra input lag. do you honestly think that would be the tournament standard for any significant amount of time?

jesus christ, use your fucking brain for two seconds you gigantic moron.
>>
>>386593559
I hate this. I play chun and I'll b.hk a guy like 3 times in a row and I'll miss a st.lk and I'll eat 340+dmg/500 stun.
>>
>>386594605
>no sources, just asspulled reasoning that barely makes sense

maybe they ran ps3 tournaments because they were sponsored and could get ps3s easily. use your fucking brain for two seconds you gigantic moron.
>>
>>386580769
Killer instinct and KoF14 are the best fighting games of the generation. But SFV is closest to being top 3 than any other.
Dragunov 7 is unbalanced as fuck, GG and BB are opaque bullshit for autistic weebs, and MvCI doesn't seem to have a bright future.
>>
File: kinuSFgirls.jpg (118KB, 636x1354px) Image search: [Google]
kinuSFgirls.jpg
118KB, 636x1354px
>>386580769

The bait is to weak. Repeat, the bait is to weak.

Let's make this thread about sexy fightan ladies instead
>>
File: image.jpg (593KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
593KB, 1920x1080px
>>386580769
Because it's fucking shit compared to IV. No jokes i literally uninstalled V today and bought IV for the PS4 to take its place. Having so much fun with Sakura and Makoto. Also, why is Ryu such a manlet and when is he just gonna fucking accept her thirst and do it already, she isn't a kid anymore and clearly wants Ryu to do the other thing that begins with F with her.
>>
>>386594456
>claim there are no core gameplay issues with SFV
>someone gives you a list of them
>h-ha I'm not reading that so I'm still correct

yeah, who's the faggot here?

>>386594743
Sony only became a sponsor in SFV.

Seriously, why are you talking straight out of your ass? 360 was the long running tournament standard and nothing you say is going to change that. You even posted an article that directly spoke to that being a case but you're too fucking dense to see that apparently.

You're shit at Street Fighter and critical thinking.
>>
>>386594665
air to air, dash under, walk back and tag their landing recovery. you have to use all of your options. and trust me aa anyone enough times with different tools and they'll eventually just stand there feeling perplexed and stupid.
>>
>>386594857
i never claimed there were no issues with sf5. can you faggots do anything besides make shit up?
>>
File: makoto greeting.jpg (1MB, 1202x1604px) Image search: [Google]
makoto greeting.jpg
1MB, 1202x1604px
>>386594761
Gladly
>>
I see which direction things are going for the fightan game genre, and I want off the ship before it sinks. I found some other good competitive games to play, so I don't need fightan anymore. Let the genre die. Let the Smashers take over, and let the anime nerds have grand finals in the parking lot.
>>
File: capcom_vs_snk_2_chun_li.png (476KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
capcom_vs_snk_2_chun_li.png
476KB, 774x1032px
>>
>>386594945
>SFV is legitimately at its core a good game
>The only legitimate complain about SFV pertains not to the gameplay

you literally said there are no legitimate complaints when it comes to the gameplay.

good god you are so fucking stupid it's insane. why are you even bothering responding anymore? you've done nothing but get your ass blown out since you started posting and you've not been able to combat any of the issues I cited.
>>
>>386595097
>quoting some shit someone else said

wow you sure showed me you fucking retard.
>>
>>386595170
oh boy how silly of me to mistake one faggot for another faggot

sorry, faggot
>>
File: Felicia_DarkStalkers_11.jpg (512KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Felicia_DarkStalkers_11.jpg
512KB, 1600x1200px
Our only hope is for Capcom to outsource all it's fighting franchises to Ark Systems
>>
>>386595068
Literally conspiracy theorist tier
>>
>>386595068
you do realize there are other fighting games beyond Capcom fighters, right?

Tekken 7 is great, Guilty Gear is great, Dragon Ball Fighters Z is going to be great, nearly all past versions of Street Fighter have players (fightcade for ST, 3s, alpha and SFIV still has players)

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>386595415
ASW Darkstalkers would be a dream come true
>>
>>386595415
I want Bandai Namco to buy the Street Fighter IP and then Harada can direct it.
>>
What is SFV's neutral game?
>>
>>386595639
unga bunga, wiffing normals two inches from your opponent, and fishing for crush counters.
>>
File: bengusPencil.jpg (204KB, 1205x832px) Image search: [Google]
bengusPencil.jpg
204KB, 1205x832px
>>386595541

One can only hope, since a 2D version is almost impossible nowadays
>>
>>386592272
Ironic when an ArcShill calls someone else a shill for calling out their bullshit.
>>
>>386594754
>Killer instinct is the best of this generation. Let alone ever.
>Calling GG opaque when it sports objectively the best tutorial ever made in all of fighting games.
>SFV is somehow top 3 when a literal nobody can go up agasint professionals and win on RNG guessing alone. No brain but i guess it's not opaque so that makes it the best.

Try again fuck-o. You insult KoF just by thinking SFV comes close to matching it. i feel like I'm falling for bait but if not, than I hope you wake the fuck up.
>>
SFV being bad is a meme. Total meme. It's a solid game. Sure, some technical hiccups here and there, you may disagree with a balance decision or two... But other than that, it really does nothing "wrong" in any sense.

Most complaints you see are stereotypical shitter complaints, and yes, even from the pros. I hate how people act like someone like Fchamp or like fucking Floe are divine entities who have the power to declare what does or does not constitute good fighting game design. Walkspeed too slow, normals too short, blockstuns too long, waah waah waah, it all boils down to "it's not SFIV".

People play it, people watch it, people talk about it - cry about how much you hate it all you want with your 2000 hours on deck. It's ridiculous.
>>
Pros playing it for money is more respectable than joe schmoe playing it because it's "the easiest", what the hell kind of reason is that? These people can't have fun in KoF because of the impression that its "hard" or "for mexicans only" due to believing memes. If he honestly likes SFV, then good for him, its more likely that people don't know any better since it's their first game they started playing on its release and take seriously. These people just need to be saved desu
>>
>>386595872
>I-It's the arcsys shills
>I-It's the r/kappa haters

Pick a new boogieman already, jeez
>>
>>386595993
>boogieman

This has been a thing for over a decade. Only newfags don't know about Arcdrones
>>
Fighting shitter here, played ages casually but never got smart with it.

Can someone explain crush counters - what defines one, their usage etc?
>>
>>386595956
It really does not matter how great someone says a game is if you can't play it homo
>>
File: 18j1ag15n4bttjpg.jpg (150KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
18j1ag15n4bttjpg.jpg
150KB, 500x583px
>>
>>386595929
infiltration is the biggest case of that and i've lost a lot of respect for the guy when he cried about s2 nash nerfs. meanwhile bonchan put in the fucking work and won like 3 tournaments in a row earlier this year.
>>
>>386596256
What counts as playing it?

Didn't you have fun with fighting games like tekken 3 as a kid? Did you just erase those memories because they don't count now?
>>
>>386596203
Whereas usually a counterhit just makes you get marginally more damage / hitstun, SFV has it so that certain moves get special properties on counterhit, usually a crumple or a launch for big ass damage. The idea is that it's your go-to option for a baited reversal for example, make people really pay for messing up. In practice often times it means people poke with their crush counter buttons in neutral excessively because the payoff is just so big. Makes pressing buttons at all in neutral really scary against some characters.
>>
>>386580769

I am playing it in hopes that Capcom decide to fix it at some point, but I do not consider it my main game and spend much more time on GG because it's more fun and a better game.
>>
>>386596337
Infiltration is a kimchi breath phony
also I wonder if that new korean lever from him is good
>>
>>386595830
Fuck bengus my man, what happened to you? You were THE best.
>>
>>386580769
I stopped playing because I'm trying to get gold with Gief and I realized I wasn't having any fun. It's not fun to endlessly chase an opponent across the screen while taking white damage and perfecting your timing as they shoot fireballs and poke with some long ass range. Most of the time, I lose because my frustration boils over. He has no tools. Then I see Abigail and it irks me to see that they gave him tools to deal with projectiles but not Gief. And I realized I didn't want to spend the equivalent of busing a goddamn boulder uphill each match. So I'm on hiatus for now until I can yoga or some shit to clear my mood.
>>
>>386580769
>e-sports
I don't play fighting games for e-sports.
>>
>>386596203
most roundhouse and fierce normals will cause a crumple state on counter hit, backdash, and specials with big recovery.
>>
>people actually responded to that obvious as fuck bait

>>386582670
>>386584409
>>386586403
Also this, but personally I switched to Pokken. Great game, but locals are a bitch to get going due to needing 2 consoles/displays per setup.
>>
>>386596560
play tekken :)
>>
>>386580769
I don't play fighting games but this honestly the stupidest post I've seen on /v/ this week. The popularity of a multiplayer game matters to a point, if you can't find any games than obviously it's not going to be fun, but if you can find games, then you can have fun, and if that is with only 1000 players or 100000 players, it really doesn't matter for your enjoyment.
>Muh esports
Try playing games for the act of playing games and having fun, rather than making it your job to make money.

If you took your logic to its conslusion you might as well not have different games anymore just have "The Fighting Game" and "The FPS", and "The MOBA" or whatever else and stick them up on the shelf at Gamestop because those are the only games people should play and every other game from that genre is pointless.
>>
>>386594934
I do these things as well my go to a chun is go for the cross under after an air to air j.hp and get the st.mp into cr.mk Sbk combo but its still not enough.
>>
File: ElenaKinu.jpg (91KB, 600x572px) Image search: [Google]
ElenaKinu.jpg
91KB, 600x572px
>>386596490

Capcom rushes all the art for SFV. Plus, there just to be a whole TEAM of artists working on promo materials and art within the game. Now they use the 3D models for everything
>>
>>386596462
>>386596648

>crumple state

What is a crumple - im guessing its a specific recovery state? Like - is it noticable by the way the opponent recovers from the attack I guess? Delaying them from being able to input something?
>>
>>386580769
>b-but it's shit and dumbed down for casuals
Fitting for /v/.
>>
>>386594104
Fellow chun here, just look at couple of MOV's or YamadaTaro's video. She requires a lot of hard work for sure, and had some terrible match ups, but make best of the situtation if you want to stay loyal to the character.

Otherwise there is no shame in switching and relearning other characters
>>
>>386596350
>Didn't you have fun with fighting games like tekken 3 as a kid?
No. I distinctly remember playing the Tekken 3 (and KoF95) demo and finding it miserable. Pretty much the only enjoyment I got from Battle Arena Toshinden was figuring out one special move input and using that to fuck people that couldn't, which is a pretty shit kind of fun that doesn't exist in these games anymore.
>>
Anyone else hates how impossible some of these moves are in SFV? Like if I'm jumping in, how can they beat my jump in by doing their own jump in? And then that gives them ground advantage, even though they jumped after me? And some of these combos make no sense. Like I can take a crouching kick to a hadouken, it looks natural, but some of these chains have the guy do a haymaker with their left hand, and then immediately do a mid punch with the same hand. The friggin recovery doesn't match the animation. It forces you to stop there and block these chains all day because you're not sure when the opening is because the animation isn't intuitive enough to tell you. I've seen matches where Akuma would literally walk forward half a step and low mid punch and the opponent just had to keep blocking it. I don't remember past games being this bad.
>>
>>386597162
Or rather it was probably Tekken 2 but it doesn't fucking matter
>>
>>386596975
A lengthy animation where they drop to the ground, unable to do anything, entirely open for attack. You can comfortably dash up and get a free attack of your choosing in. The crush counter comes along with a noticeable sound cue and the words CRUSH COUNTER on the screen so it's not like you'll miss it.
>>
>>386596975
When you crush counter someone, the word counter will pop up and the opponent will have yellow lightning bolts around them. As for the states, they'll either be crumpled and falling down, spinning as they reel back, or launched. Every character has one, so every whiff will eventually be punished with a crush counter to ensure that the combo lands.
>>
>>386580769
Doing combos in Tekken is more fun for me.
>>
>>386580769
Because i don't really trust canyourunit and can't find a download for a pirated version that actually works so i can test if i can run it, since there's no separate Benchmark app like SF4.

>but you're just pirating it, anon
No. I'm doing this for every high-price game i buy. DaS3, KOF XIV, etc.
>>
>>386597361
>>386597392

Okay, I mostly play with cammy, anyone know a crush counter of hers so I can test it in practice?

Thanks btw, each thread people complain about SFV i make a point of trying to learn something else. The more people shit on the game the more im learning - feels good man.
>>
>>386597249
frame traps and block strings are not a new concept
>>
>>386580769
That's not tekken 7.
>>
>>386596560
gief is really strong in this game. maybe switch to another character, he may not be your style if you don't have the patience to walk n' block.
>>
>>386580769
>All legendary pros play it

Bullshit Capcom ones yes but KOF and GG and Tekken have a shit ton of legends who don't. You wouldn't hear of them as a stream monster who at most goes around eventhubs so all you hear is what Capcom wants you too.

GG has a solid population for a anime game so you'll always find a game except maybe some hours in europe i hear. KOF has a surprising population and Tekken has a large one. BB is also alive enough to not feel stagnant.

Popularity is a shit argument. Who cares if it has 10x the players when 9/10 of them are awful/playing Ken or Ryu poorly.
>>
>>386596337
To be fair, even moreso than Season2 the guy got distracted with engagement, marriages, etc.

Qt waif tho
>>
>>386596728
It's a GG autist trying to trivialize the SF community claiming they only play for money and popularity. They're very manipulative people.
>>
>>386595897
Punk would beat you at any fighting game ever because he understand the most basic fundamentals of fighting games and you obviously don't.

Only people who like GG more than KI or SFV are either weebs or gimmick-dependant amateurs.
>>
>>386597496
Standing hard kick. Set the training dummy to always reciever counterhits.

I think her sweep (crouching hard kick) also causes a hard knockdown on counterhit, not sure though.
>>
>>386597496
standing heavy kick
>>
>>386589551
this on both accounts

why play a game i don't enjoy as a character i don't like when i can just play guilty gear instead? it's a game where i find every matchup fun
>>
Because its trash and plays nothing like a real SF game in spirit for the most part? I've never played a Ryu that felt so lacking in variety and was so weak at fireball game. Alex is sorta fun and so is Bison to me i like him alot but the core game is so shallow and just outright unrewarding to alot of play styles and even the one its rewarding to feels really really weak and bland. Rushing people down in KOF/GG/SF4 was so much more fun maybe because you had to get past a strong defensive game to do so in the first place in those games aka neutral.

GG just offs satisfaction in every regard
neutral
oki
execution
spacing
cool characters and music.

Yeah Leo is annoying as shit same with Elphelt but those are isolated cases and even then because of the games mechanics its possible to learn every situation that makes them annoying and how to prevent it. Where as SFV is a guess game up close because the one defensive mechanic for 90% of characters is a bad alpha counter requiring you to block in the first place so throwing is strong.

GG/KOF are just better games and i can find players on both and have people i do sets with regularly. Why play a worse game because its popular? I really wish it was good as a Bison main hitting that hard is fun and i was super hype from E3 until release and was brainwashed into thinking it was "ST return to fundamentals" style and instead i got

CCs the most braindead pseudo mechanic in a long time
A bad alpha counter
stubby normals
Capcom removing dp iframes in a already weak defensive game because of shitters.
Nerfing characters like Alex oki for no reason but keeping others painfully good/simple.
>>
>>386598195
>>386598145
its amazing how many goobers there are on /v/ when theres so few of them in the rest of the world

http://steamcharts.com/app/520440
>>
>>386597687
>GG
>Legends
This shit is way out of hand now. Fucking anime games aren't respected even in japland. Asia is SF vs Tekken land, South America and Europe are SF vs KoF land, and NA is SF vs Netherrealm land.
NOBODY plays GG.
>>
>>386592030
>game with no single player or arcade release with broken netcode is at it's core a good game

kill yourself
>>
File: sf footsies.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sf footsies.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>whiffing intensifies
>>
>>386597896
Lol no. Id love to see Punk try to play tournament level in KOF or GG. He wouldn't do badly im sure playing any game at high level will give you some insight to what is required at competitive levels but he would get fucking whooped by any seasoned player in either game.
>GG
>Gimmick dependent
sigh the call of someone who never touched the game. GG has a fast air/ground neutral game and each character besides ones like Jam/Slayer have a shit ton of useful pokes and even them in situations. To get oki going you have to make good decisions where as in SFV we see people basically just jump/land one poke into v-trigger cancel to get it/one stray CC.

Don't bother responding if you genuinely pick SFV over KOF/GG you don't understand fighting games at their core. SFV is a game that did nothing to give itself depth well lowering the skill ceiling in every way fundamental from AAs to execution to stubby pokes to discourage neutral but good close framedata to encourage guessing games.

KI im not gonna bash it does its thing i just don't prefer it but it didn't go out of its way to be a shit game for shitters.
>>
>>386597896
In sure the "gimmicks" are too much for your itty bitty head to wrap around anyway, thank god we have SFV for us to crawl to so we can tell people we're actually good at fighting games. And I'm sure a pro can beat me solid. Doesn't make SFV nuanced or special.
>>
>>386598195
>Leo is annoying as shit
Seriously, how? His neutral game is trash, he needs to enter stance to have mix-up, and all the ways he can enter stance either A: are unsafe or leave him at a frame disadvantage, or B: require landing a hit first.
Compared to someone like Ky, Millia, I-No, or Raven, who can just knock you down and LOL SETPLAY, I seriously don't understand how anyone can look at Leo and think he's the more annoying one to fight.
>>
>>386598451
>Both GG/BB are played more then SF in Japan
>SF is admittedly not even top 5 in Jap
>Gundam versus is the most popular arcade fighter and is anime as fuck.

Cute how you spread misinformation to defend your objectively bad game that even most pros will openly atleast accuse of being lacking and requires more mechanics.
>>386598386
>GG
>PC
Yeah a 1 year later release of a game with its primarily console community is gonna boom right? Take away the PS4 linked players and i guarantee SFV is also half of what SF4 was.
>>
>>386598195
GG is shit. KoF14 is a great system with lots of potential but needs a massive rebalancing patch because Beni and Iori can beat most non-Beni/Iori/Kula teams by themselves.
>>
>>386590767
>trying to push the trainwreck fo evo
cant wait for capcom to slit its own throat
>>
>>386598537
I understand how to out neutral Leo. When i say Leo is annoying im talking about damage output against a good one who gets in and has good oki. Which is respectable but still annoying to get touched twice Dudley style. I know how to throw him out of his crossup dash and how IBing overhead/a few other moves are 2P punishable by most characters into a kd.

Also part of my hate is playing Leos who can perform basic to intermediate shit in 5f or above lag. Since IBing there becomes asinine and they play to the strength of how the delay makes keeping him at bay and from doing his strings harder.
>>
>>386595929
>Fchamp or like fucking Floe are divine entities who have the power to declare what does or does not constitute good fighting game design

I think FChamp's criticism about SFV being unexpressive, with players unable to express their playstyle through character is legitimately valid. It echoes the criticism by Daigo about how each character had one gameplan and play the same, and most matches ended up in similar matter. Tokido's SF4 Akuma is unique compared to Infiltration's SF4 Akuma. In SFV, all Akumas, whether it is Tokido the de facto Akuma master, Sako, SnakeEyez all kinda play rushdown Akuma, because he cannot afford to play any other playstyle.

The game is not expressive enough, this is the easiest game to fall back on an autopilot mode and coast online brainlessly. I think introduction of new Vtrigger, Supers, and hell even the -isms from Alpha would make SFV a lot more expressive.
>>
>>386597985
>>386598004
Alright, thanks dudes - got it figured out.
>>
>>386598668
>GG is shit
Again with only memes and false information about "gimmicky" as your arguments you just come off as a retard.
>Needs rebalancing
Beni isn't as bad as Dr Doom was to MVC3 and Iori has been less dominating as the game goes on. But yeah Beni needs to be toned. The fact he can react full screen to almost anything with legit recovery in neutral with his level 2 and do 40% right there is just silly among other things.
>>
>>386598856
So you hate netplay Leo, not "real" Leo, aight then.
I'm not gonna pretend Leo doesn't get massive buffs in delay, that's a fair reason to dislike him.
>>
>>386598663
>Popularity doesn't matter except when it means muh GG is better
You people are mental.
>>
>>386598893
Pokes need to be better. The amount of pokes in SFV that are missing a giant chunk of the actual moves animation are insane. Although Karin has amazing pokes same with some of Cammys. But ones like Bison st mk are missing a large chunk same with some AAs well st jabs are still good despite nerfs.

I agree with Gamerbee that CCs need massive nerfs or just need to go. Its a idiotic mechanic that doesn't add much and just weakens alright weak execution.
>>
>>386599119
Basically. Leo in 2f-3f or better or offline is fine. I still get mad when i get fucked up by him in 2 hits or so when he puts me in a great set of strings and my guard bar is insane and baits properly but then they're just good.

Netplay Leo is made more annoying by how many of them are obviously aware of what is going on. Most of them are too shit to beat my Potemkin or i pick on them but i still hate losing to people with almost artificial skill enhancements from either a poor connection brought on by wiki or their distance to mine.

>>386599124
>Implying im using it as a argument.
I was just correcting the retard spreading false information. Which hes wrong SF isn't that popular in Japan anymore and Gundam games/BB are more popular then SF/GG/Tekken/KOF.
>>
>>386598496
The gimmicks are the reason nobody wants to play this shitty game.
KI does character-specific stock gauge management better, Vampire Savior does everything else better. But you fucks act like no game has ever done what GG does before.

It's a failed frankenstein with good graphics. And a tempet tantrum for hipster weebs to pretend they're cool by playing an "obscure" game that isn't.
>>
>>386599509
Look. I realize you don't even play Gg if you believe half the shit you're saying now so I'll leave you to your KI felation.
>>
>>386599509
>KI fan
Heh
>>
>>386598386
i play on ps4 but thanks for caring
>>
>>386599863
I know. I didn't even think they'd come out to take apart of mocking SF but I guess it's given them confidence.
>>
>>386599174
Pokes are balanced around the characters though. Alex and Birdie for example have great midrange pokes but do you really think Necalli or Laura should as well? Do we really want 3s 2 electric boogaloo where any mistake in neutral vs a shoto has you eating a cr mk into ca for huge damage? I do think the game has it's design flaws but I don't think pokes are one of them. Each character has their strengths and weaknesses in neutral and strong players find ways around them.
>>
I think SFV is bad but I could just play it normally at bottom tier rank and see myself gradually improving.
I think GG is pretty rad but ranked was nonexistent and the general community was extraordinarily over my head. Every match was a struggle to try and figure out what the fuck was going on before getting swiftly KO'd. I gather this is the typical experience for new fighting game players choosing niche titles in the genre.
When it came to playing SFV, or alternating between sodomy and training mode in GG, I decided I'd rather play other games.
>>
File: capcom.png (85KB, 1248x384px) Image search: [Google]
capcom.png
85KB, 1248x384px
When it launched it was absolutely fucking awful content and online wise.

The game still doesn't have an arcade mode to please the casuals for whatever reason even though it has a survival mode but they added enough single player content.

The lobbies are much better now so at least that works.

But nothing will ever change the gameplay which is the biggest issue. There's nothing mechanically wrong with it but it is just too fucking boring to play and greatly reduces what i liked about the franchise, which was whiff punishing and footsies. The range of the normals is extremely short and the block stun is way too long for my taste.

There is a super version of the game being rumored but i doubt they will change what i dislike about the gameplay. Since i already have the game i might try the update if it is free but i have no faith in capcom anymore. MvC:I ain't looking any better either.

>>386600685
This is pretty much what happened to me.

>Didn't like SF5
>tried out GG
>Played as much as i could of the game but always got blown the fuck by johnnies, sins and ravens in my region
>while asking for advice no one gave me anything useful
>also some characters like johnny and baiken have some really fucking long combos that can go for multiple seconds

not many people play it in my region anyways nor give any advice on matchups so i also dropped it. i'm sure the same will happen with other fighting games since the only one everyone plays is SF so i might as well drop the genre al together.
>>
>>386580769
It looks awful and has a ton of dlc i can't support this. What happened to fighting games?
>>
>>386598668
Vanessa just needs a damage buff, Whip, Team Mexico, Team South America and Team Ikari are completely usalvageable save for Leona maybe.
>>
>>386598451
Animetards will never accept their games are seen as licenshit shovelware not different from Jump All Stars.
>>
>>386598986
Comparing KoF14 Benimaru with MVC3 Doom is like comparing cancer with AIDS. Sure (you) may prefer to get anal cancer, but I'd rather have a well balanced game.
>>
>>386599509
>Expecting animefags to recognize real quality
If it doesn't have lolis and edgy bishies "it's not a real fightan".
>>
As someone that has never played Street Fighter V what is the neutral game? Normals seem like shit and most of the gameplay I've seen is rushdown into combos.
>>
File: 1501134169765.jpg (54KB, 611x593px) Image search: [Google]
1501134169765.jpg
54KB, 611x593px
Play his game
>>
>>386602885
>Normals seem like shit and most of the gameplay I've seen is rushdown into combos.

you pretty much nailed it.

noirmlas have been shortened and blockstun is much longer now, so you can you unga until you bunga with pretty much any character. Even dhalsim is played as a rushdown character.
>>
>>386602885
Normals are the bread and butter of the game, it's the most fundies-heavy SF since SF2 vanilla. But people are upset that the hit and hurtboxes now actually correspond with the character's 3d model and Ryu's crouching HK don't go 10 pixels beyond the sprite.

90% of the complaints about "whiffing" normals is retards not taking the idle animation into account and getting upset that their rat kid tactics don't work anymore.
>>
File: cage.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
cage.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>386603327
16ers actually believe this.
>>
File: guess who.jpg (99KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
guess who.jpg
99KB, 1000x562px
While we're having a "let's bitch about SFV" thread, anyone else feel some of the costumes can be confusing as hell at times? Coupled with the fact that it doesn't say the character names on the versus screen? Between Colin, Cammy and Karin it's not uncommon that I need an uncomfortable amount of time to process which character I'm actually up against
>>
>>386580769
SFV is garbage you millennial shill
back to /r/gaming with you faggot
>>
>>386603649
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE my -5 on whiff got punished because I hit my opponent somewhere the character model wasn't anymore, this game is broken!!!
>>r/kappa
>>
>>386604141
well, most costumes fucking suck in the game and chun li is the only one with decent costumes.

the nostalgia costumes finally arrived but they were a little too late.

By the way i 've never seen most characters payed costumes, i've only ever saw one alex player with the westerling costume but that was it. most people use default or story costume.
>>
>>386604440
>my -5 on whiff got punished
It didn't. It generally doesn't in SFV even at high level, that's the problem.
>>
>>386603327
>its the most fundies heavy SF since SF2 vanilla
Just because the game is shallow doesn't mean it rewards good fundamentals.
>>
File: sfvnormals.png (359KB, 547x383px) Image search: [Google]
sfvnormals.png
359KB, 547x383px
>>386603327
>hit and hurtboxes now actually correspond with the character's 3d model
lol
>>
>>386604687
it's simple but that doesn't mean it's shallow. besides, the depth in sf comes from how strong or weak your opponent is.
>>
>>386580769
SFV was a mistake
>>
>>386603327
>most fundies-heavy SF since SF2
>when crush counters exist that let you fish for crumples
>when v-triggers exist that let you easily confirm into game changing massive amounts of damage
>when the footsie game is almost non existent

c'mon anon, that is such fucking bullshit.
>>
>>386606249
that's not necessarily true... there's nothing that helps elevate better players in this game, they tried to remove all of it.

something like ST was simple but you needed good reactions, good execution, and intimate knowledge of the game to be the best.

in SFV, they tried to lower the potential skill ceiling as much as possible. there's nothing there to elevate better players so the game just seems like a random rush down unga bunga fest.
>>
rootkit
>>
>>386607859
And yet the better players win and the worse players lose.
Maybe you were never a good player, just an imput monkey alleviating your lack of fundamentals and fight IQ by fighting people with bad fingers.
>>
>>386609396
There is so much more randomness in this Street Fighter, you'd have to be blind not to see it.

And I'm not a fantastic player but I was 3k+ PP in SFIV and Diamond in SFV, which is probably better than you.
>>
>capcom marketing thread
>>
>Everyone should have my tastes and do only what I want them to do
Okay SJW
>>
File: C5uR5uHUwAEYDUR.jpg (211KB, 893x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C5uR5uHUwAEYDUR.jpg
211KB, 893x1000px
>>386610132
If they had pushed Darkstalkers Resurrection even half as hard as they're pushing SF5 it would have sold a ton. Instead they did nothing but grabbing some random intern who had never heard of the series to make a handful of promotional videos on Youtube in which he proceeded to misspell character names and play the wrong character's songs.
>>
>>386580769
People play this shit game in hopes of being a "pro". They want te capcbro bucks.

/thread
>>
>>386610350
there's a reason they call it Job Fighter V in Japan.
>>
File: IMG_20170413_204536.jpg (54KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170413_204536.jpg
54KB, 474x600px
>>386610346
No it wouldn't have. Vampire Savior (at the time) was a 16 year old game and Vampire Hunter even moreso. The series is not as strong of a brand as you people think it is and the main ones that have any genuine interest at all played on, and still play on GGPO/Fightcade.
>>
>>386606249
>>386607859
>>386604687
>>386606969
Pokken I think is an example of a fighting game that did accessibility right: It lowered the skill floor by having simplier inputs, generally shorter combos, and mashing any string of light or heavy attacks will give you combo, but the skill ceiling isn't lowered at all because for optimal and near optimal stuff, combos are still long and there's nontrvial, the phase shift system requires you actually modify your play on the fly vs just autopiloting with your bnb's and that character "ideal" playstyle, avoiding the issues SFV has as mentioned in >>386598893.

Furthermore, the attack height system in pokken is a lot more complex then in other fighting games, which, combined with the phase shift mechanic which requires you actually know your character's frame and hitbox data and move properties in and out to be able change your links/starter/enders depending on the amount of phase points racked up and what angle the phase shift started on, means that whatever loss in executional skillgap occurs is more then made up for.

>>386610936
>>386610346
Darkstalkers and Bloody Roar both need to come back, we need more monster themed fighting games, it's half of why I like Pokken.
>>
>>386611589
>and there's a decent amount of excutional skillgap in the timing and spacing requirements for those optimal/near optimal combos as well

Was supposed to be there instead of 'and there's nontrivial"
>>
>>386610051
>There is so much more randomness in this Street Fighter
Where's your proof?
>>
How do you get good at Street Fighter?
>>
>>386612728
>Non meme answer
Learn to measure distance and timing
>maymay answer
Pick boxer and button mash kek
>>
>>386604958

I remember trying him and expecting his standing HP to act as an anti-air. Turns out that hitbox was in his armpit or something retarded like that.
>>
File: 1486807865122.jpg (77KB, 638x650px) Image search: [Google]
1486807865122.jpg
77KB, 638x650px
>>386604501
>chun li is the only one with decent costumes

its why I play struggle more like it her switching costumes between games alternating between b-girl,business and school is great
>>
>>386598461
>Cherrypicking
>>
>>386612663
in the game itself

look at the mechanics...

the risk reward for crush counter is so insane, one lucky CC and the tide of the game has changed completely and with very little effort.

the same can be said for v-trigger. it's an extremely easy confirm into huge damage, and, again, the tide of the game has changed completely.

these are two effortless mechanics.

not to mention, the input lag, combined with short stubby normals that don't see to stay active for long, makes for a devolved footsie/neutral game compared to SFIV.

It's not a worthy successor to SFIV, and that is a game that had many people conflicted over the years already.
>>
>>386612663
>>386614483

and this is all coming from someone who desperately tried to enjoy SFV, btw. I loved SFIV, I put in so many hours, and I tried to give SFV the same amount of attention.. it's just not worth it.

I don't mind that they took a step back from SFIV in terms of crazy combos but they took a step back in every other aspect as well. It's just a boring game without a third of the expression SFIV had.
>>
>>386580769
Because I can't turtle like a faggot anymore.
>t. r/kappa
>>
>>386614483
>crush counter
>v-trigger
Neither of these is random, do you know what RNG means?
You're getting baited into misplaying and instead of learning to not get tilted like a nigger you blame the game.
>>
>>386602771
>AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>beep boop. I am thundercock. I am now a robot. Am not Terminator at all.
>velociraptor REEEEEEEEEEEE

truly the best of the best. How could I ever pass up on the game that's second fiddle to Mortal fucking Kombat and that's really fucking low.
>>
>>386615457
random in terms of the outcome of the matches, the better player has way more of a chance to lose than any other Street Fighter, I don't mean the ACTUAL mechanics are random.

there's also a difference between randomness and RNG, which makes you questioning me slightly ironic and hilarious. RNG = random number generator. don't worry, you're not the first person I've seen make that mistake on here, dummy.

and I'm a diamond ranked player, which is probably higher than you, this isn't coming from some bronze player.
>>
>>386615705
Nigger, ArcSys games would get put in the anime shovelware shelf if they were even sold at game shops. At this point the ameritrash is regarded as the quality games, and with such hits as loli trap in a bed, I can't blame normies for not wanting anything to do with GG.

Tekken was the hipster big game ever since 4, but we're at a point in time when Tekken 7 was the people's dark horse at evo because everything else is shit.
>>
>>386615237
>restricting what playstyles are viable in an SF game is a good thing
Bet you think 3S is the best in the series too
>>
I took way to long to realize I was in a guiltyshit shill thread.
>>
>>386616609
Fuck off, any opinion that isn't "GGXRd 2 is the best game ever" is shitposted against itt.
>>
>>386616689
It's definitely a better fighting game than SFV and didn't sell out it's skill ceiling to rake in more players. I wasn't gonna bring it up though. I thought this thread was about SFV's gameplay being fucked.
>>
>>386616523
I love how popular Tekken got. It's almost like bamco had meeting with some prophet that told them to hold release for few years so SFV kills itself.
>>
File: sfalpha.jpg (215KB, 486x405px) Image search: [Google]
sfalpha.jpg
215KB, 486x405px
what is the best version of alpha?
>>
>>386616995
A3 on GBA
>>
>>386616901
>t. ArcShill
>>
This is the only fighting game I stuck with to at least try and get competent with but I have zero desire to learn anyone else beside Ibuki. I'm almost Silver, but I'm starting to see some of her faults now.
>>
>>386617296
Sure, I guess. I was a Capcom shill before but then they decided to make a bad game. I just go where the good games are. Should arcsys ever implement crush counters and remove all footsies, execution, and neutral from their games, I'll go somewhere else.
>>
>>386616523
At least you can admit it's trash, I commend you on your honesty in shit tastes Pendejo. We all have our thing after all, and so far, GG is my thing.

On that note, what's Tekken 7 like? Legit only 3D fighter like it that I've played was Virtua 4 from a decade ago. What's so special?
>>
>>386619016
Nothing, it's the Dragunov or bust show, but at least it doesn't have a 24/7 smear campaign working against it, it isn't an exclusive for the worst console of the generation and it isn't animeshit. So it gets the second most good will from outsiders after IJ2.

This gen is fucked.
>>
>>386619553
I didn't realize esports Meta=casual/ranked.
>>
>>386580769
>It's the most played

Tekken 7 peaks at about 3x as many players as SF5 every day, and never drops below 2x. Don't know what world you're living in.
>>
>>386619016
Tekken 7 is pretty great. It could use a bit more singleplayer content but the online is great.

>>386619553
>it's the Dragunov or bust show

kek, really? Dragunov is good but he's doesn't have an overwhelming online or tournament presence.

It's funny how you can really get a sense of how much someone knows by which characters they complain about.
>>
>>386616108
>random in terms of the outcome of the matches, the better player has way more of a chance to lose than any other Street Fighter,
What is Super Turbo. RANDOM JUMP IN DIZZY WOOO
>>
>>386580769
I like fighting games but I don't think that saying a game is popular should be a reason why you should play a game...
>>
>>386620762
Except you actually have good zoning tools and anti airs in ST, you don't have to worry about horizontal approaches nearly as much since there aren't lightning fast forward dashses and crush counter normals, and there isn't 7 frames of input lag to inhibit your reactions.
>>
>>386620380
Neither does Balrog.
Tiers nowadays don't mean that much, people will play their faves. Unless it's KoF where you absolutely need to play Benimaru to win.

Doesn't mean Eliza or Steeeev won't get bodied by Dragunovs at the same player level more often than not just like Ken and Gief get bodied by Balrog.
>>
>>386619553
>Nothing, it's the Dragunov or bust show
>not Jack ff1 spam
Every fucking tourney. I will fucking get you one day saint for ultimate boredom you brought to top 8
>>
>>386621024
You don't play SFV.
>>
>>386621024
It still takes more mistakes to drop a round (or two) in V than ST.

>you don't have to worry about horizontal approaches nearly as much
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fuck off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXw5juBNq1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzb1YAJBj80
>>
>>386620762
I'd never say ST doesn't have it's fair share of bullshit, but I don't think the occasional "holy shit, that stunned me?" is comparable to something like crush counter or v-trigger.

but it's how SFV was designed, they wanted to level the playing field and eliminate the huge skill ceiling we saw in SFIV. they succeeded.
>>
>>386621109
so, where does the phrase "dragounov or bust" come from then? on one hand you're acting like you've gotta pick Dragunov or you're not viable, which is moronic, but then you're agreeing with me that he doesn't have anywhere near an overwhelming presence online?

make up your mind.
>>
>Played SFII and III at arcades when o was a kid
>Never touch a SF since
>last month
>friend is a high rank player in SFV
>gifts SFIV, I get instantly hooked
>game is perfect, fun, full of characters, fast as fuck
>come back home from work, play SFIV all night with him for two weeks in a row
>my birthday
>gift received
>SF5
>hyped as fuck because of my newly found love for SF and fighting games
>play for 300 hours
>keep missing SFIV
>Sfv feels slower, with less characters and content, but still a lot of fun
>When I ask, friend refuses to play SFIV

Fuck, is SFIV still alive on pc?
>>
So does any one have any idea how menat is going to play? I'm going to be very upset if she doesn't have guile tier zoning or sim like keep away.
>>
>>386623084
>is SFIV still alive on pc?

yes, you can definitely find players. it seems like more and more people are going back to it these days.
>>
>>386623084
Is (x) fighting game "alive" on PC? Short answer, "no". Long answer, "no, but if you look even a little bit you will find people who want to play it with you".

This shit isn't League of Retards, people do not idle in the queue waiting for it to pop, you have to find people to play with, just as if you were trying to play it in real life. Don't listen to people who will tell you PC is dead, they're impatient idiots who are only interested in instant gratification in a genre all about rewarding patience.
>>
>>386580769
KoF 14 is more fun
>>
>>386580769
What about if I play a game because I like it and not for fleeting E-fame that I'm not likely to even achieve in the first place
>>
>>386623708
If he's in the US then he's not going to have much issue finding people to play with on USFIV.
>>
>>386621548
You're not seeing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>386580769
All non-anime fighting games out right now are good.
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.