[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Total War: Warhammer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 3411542.png (291KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
3411542.png
291KB, 590x332px
I didn't realise TW:W 2 is just over a month away.
What are you excited for, if anything?

The idea of the massive campaign map interests me a lot. Even though my first run will probably be Empire, I always love when my games have massive scope.

Also,
I wish there were proper naval battles
>>
File: 1490524943214.jpg (178KB, 254x478px) Image search: [Google]
1490524943214.jpg
178KB, 254x478px
>>386577850
To play Lizardmen Dwarfs And to to conquer all parts of the map for glorious Dawi.
>>
File: dudewat .png (219KB, 538x512px) Image search: [Google]
dudewat .png
219KB, 538x512px
>>386577850
The combined campaign doesn't come out until weeks after release.

Meaning you can only play the New world campaign at release.
>>
>>386578449
wait what
is this true
>>
>>386580092
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-coming-soon/

>Why won’t the Combined Campaign be available right at launch?
The Vortex campaign, with its dedicated narrative, unique features, mechanics and flavour, is a big project in its own right. The Combined Campaign will be truly vast. Each requires significant playtesting and balancing. This being the most complex Total War campaign we will have released to date, we’d like to plan have a short period of open beta testing just before we release it, this requires WARHAMMER II to be out and for players to be familiar with all the new races and features.
>>
>>386580493
>What’s going on with the mega combined campaign you talked about before?
For owners of both WARHAMMER I and WARHAMMER II, our first content release shortly after launch (free of course) will be a vast, combined campaign map representing the geographical areas of both games in a single map. This will allow you to start epic campaigns as any owned race (including any DLC races you own). This will be shortly after launch, weeks not months, and will be our very first content release.

Did these posts ass-backwards. Orz
>>
>>386580493
Good that they actually playtest it.
>>
>>386577850
How much fucking money is it to buy both 1 and 2 with all the DLC?
>>
>>386580684
There might be Old World Edition added when when II launches.
>>
Atleast they are adding/rebalancing vanilla stuff too. All the new LL traits and skill tree changes seem good. AI Empire starting out without the secessionists seems really good for the game
>>
File: 1470396690887.png (5KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1470396690887.png
5KB, 291x317px
>>386580586
So, wait. Is this just the same game but with DLC-tier factions added?

Like, have they said if my experience playing Empire/Dorfs on their mainland will be different from WH1?
>>
File: BestLLComingThrough.jpg (13KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
BestLLComingThrough.jpg
13KB, 300x409px
>>386577850
Play as the Dark Elves finally, they're my favorite race. Raiding, raping, and pillaging in the Combined Campaign Map is going to be my main focus, will settle for constantly invading Ulthuan till it launches.
>>
>>386580956
>never play tribal/uncivilised/destruction based faction in TW
>always preferred to build great Empires or Kingdoms
>never played as hordes or barbarians

I really want to have fun but I get triggered by playing as an "unorganised" nation.

Are Dark Elves just elf barbarians?
>>
>>386581107
>elf barbarians
Their art of murder is still very advanced.
>>
>>386580920
Warhammer 2 is the New World with new world factions, its visually and gameplay wise extremely similar. It has its own campaign mechanics where all the factions have a victory condition through various means to use the vortex for their own. Similar to TW1, it launches with 4 fleshed out factions but they definitely seem to have alot more work put into them.

Its a trilogy of games so yeah its going to be pretty similar with new stuff.
>DLC-tier
The beastmen were a pretty sure DLC. Its not DLC because adding massive landmasses is big work with all the new battle maps and shit.
>>
File: Untitled--.jpg (481KB, 1300x776px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled--.jpg
481KB, 1300x776px
Already goodgoyed it up and pre-ordered for that Norsca content. Thematically I like all the factions except Skaven, but maybe they will be fun to play at least. Will probably play my first game as Malekith.
>>
>>386581252
I'm going to be looking up details on the factions because I know fuck all about Warhammer (but I am loving what I'm seeing), are Dark Elves "civilised"?

In the sense that are they castles and cities instead of huts and hordes.
>>
>>386581345
I probably worded that poorly, "DLC-tier" wasn't even meant to be an insult.

Obviously it'll be similar, but honestly I was quite happy with the first game so if I'm getting an upgraded and refiend version of it I'm happy.
>>
>>386581107
They're pretty organized. Essentially they're a group of exiles who build their own nation and form their own way of life in their exile. Than from said nation constantly try and retake their old lands from their hated cousins, with plenty of rape and slavery along the way.
>>
>>386577850
This game is fucking boring, you never get into battles with interesting armies it's always they outnumber you by a fuck ton, or you outnumber them. No small settlements either means no fun attempts at breaking armies that outnumber you like in Attila and Rome
>>
>>386581584
>no small settlements
>mods are literally integrated in to the main steam page for retarded mouth breathers
it's almost like, your retarded.
>>
>>386581348
Yeah they have six main cities, a line of border forts to defend against Chaos, and a large fleet with ships called Black Arks which are essentially floating castles.
>>
>>386581704
>needs mods to be playable
great game!
>>
>>386581107
they're pirates
>>
>>386580956
>best LL coming through
>unsheets car stein ring
>raises your dead
>vanguard deploys whole army behind you
nothing personel kid
>>
>>386581584
I usually get plenty of good battles. You just have to stop being a pussy with your armies.
If anything I prefer it to the old games where 95% of battles took place in castles or settlements and you never got any field battles.
>>
>>386582575
you just described literally every half decent game in the past decade.
>>
>>386582902
i thoroughly enjoyed attila and rome 2 with no mods
>>
>>386577850
>>386577850
I mostly just enjoy looking at the models even if I think that they are more miss then hit
still I just really love the warhammer fantasy so I support anything that takes place in that universe.
but it is probably going to take all three games with all dlc plus several mods before I can really enjoy it
>>
If you could create one Warhammer Game what would it be like
mine would be like mount and blade only with combat like mordhau and a nemesis system like shadow of mordor
>>
>>386583221
ah good to know your shit taste extends beyond one game
>>
>>386581252
Edgy.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.