[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck did he get a hand axe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Quake_Live_Ranger_(2)[1].jpg (304KB, 1325x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Quake_Live_Ranger_(2)[1].jpg
304KB, 1325x1043px
Where the fuck did he get a hand axe?
>>
When did Doomguy has brass knuckles?
>>
>>386574110
That's his wedding ring
>>
>>386574296
Who did he marry?
>>
>>386573869
He went to the Target down the street before hopping in a slipgate
>>
>>386573869
>HUHHHH

What did he mean by this
>>
>>386573869
He stole it from a Death Knight?
>>
>>386574362
Pamela and her five friends.
>>
>>386574481
I thought they carried swords
>>
>>386574540
>>
>>386574481
He has it before he entered the first slipgate.
>>
Well, Quake 1 WAS originally envisioned as a medieval FPS with mostly melee combat.
>>
>>386574629
I would ne suprised if some of those jerks used other weapons.

>>386574706
Either some of the mosters managed to enter Earth before being killed, or Ranger stole it from somewhere else.
>>
>>386574740
Quake 1 was meant to essentially be the ID team's D&D sessions turned into an FPS of some sort.
I don't even know how they got to Nine Inch Nails and lightning guns, but I don't mind it since a 1996 FPS as the first of the major 3D industry titles focused around melee combat doesn't sound like a good time.
>>
>>386574740
I thought it was supposed to be an RPG
>>
>>386574740
>>386575017
>>386575169
>The game began its development as a large, free-roaming Role-Playing Game, starring a titular barbarian hero who would bash his way through his enemies with an enormous, Mjolnir-like hammer. (Which was brought back for Scourge of Armagon, though it wasn't developed by id) However, this idea (and eventually the whole RPG setting) was scrapped, and instead, they switched to a more Doom-like FPS direction while keeping the original level design, just like id's previous FPS boomfests.
>The story for for the game was going to feature more Old Ones than just Shub-Niggurath. The player would collect Freedom Artifacts instead of runes to free the Old Ones from Shalrath's otherworldly prisons, upon which Shalrath would fight the player in the form of Shub-Niggurath. For that matter, Shub-Niggurath was going to have an actual boss fight at one point, but time constraints forced the team to pare the boss down to a brief Puzzle Boss.
Something I found in Tv Tropes.
>>
>>386574740
>Well, Quake 1 WAS originally envisioned as a medieval FPS with mostly melee combat

It was envisioned as a first-person action game, at most an ARPG. Romero and the art guys very much wanted to move away from shooting

>>386575017
>Quake 1 was meant to essentially be the ID team's D&D sessions turned into an FPS of some sort.

I'm certain Quake's fantasy setting was inspired by that (some old enemy names were even based on Carmack's DMing, like the Shalrath, changed to Vore in the gold release), but aren't you thinking of Daikatana? The lore behind the sword itself was lifted directly from one of their campaigns.

Quake was meant to be an Action RPG in which you already start as a huge badass instead of having to grind into being the greatest warrior. Romero wanted it to have fighting game-style inputs, blocking, etc. It was gonna be to proper RPGs as something more action-ey (like Zelda or something) is to RPGs i.e. not very much
>>
>>386575676
>I'm certain Quake's fantasy setting was inspired by that (some old enemy names were even based on Carmack's DMing, like the Shalrath, changed to Vore in the gold release), but aren't you thinking of Daikatana? The lore behind the sword itself was lifted directly from one of their campaigns.
Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if both were inspired by that. I remember hearing that about the whole hammer thing involving Quake being inspired by their campaigns. John Romero just tried to take a second shot at the concept and fucked it up as we all know.
>>
>>386574362
Crash
>>
>>386576543
But he never calls.
>>
>>386577168
Too busy killing demons
>>
>>386577534
>What is more important, demons or me?
>>
>>386573869
It was bring your axe to work day.
>>
File: 300px-weapon_supernailgun[1].png (30KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-weapon_supernailgun[1].png
30KB, 300x225px
Best gun coming through
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.