[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porchmonkey of NoA thinks AM2R was eventually becoming a commercial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: reggae.png (315KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
reggae.png
315KB, 544x544px
is it true a fangame will turn out to be a non-profit "commercial product" once its basically driving the direction of a certain series like Zelda, Sonic, or Metroid?

because this bozo CEO think it could happen
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/reggie_fils-aime_defends_nintendos_indie_support_and_am2r_policy

>"I think there needs to be clarity in what the line is, and, in our view, the line is when an initiative crosses from being an homage to something that is monetizing our IP. We allow homages to exist in a variety of different ways. And, for me personally, as a fan before I was an executive, I understand the attraction that you could have to our IP. But, when it transitions to something that... now, you're trying to monetize, you're trying to sell, you're trying to profit off of, that is what broaches or breaks through that line for us, where we have to claim our IP protection."
>"we have had conversations with entities that started as fans and became more of a business partner. Those conversations happen all the time, but again, when something transitions to a commercial product, and that's what [AM2R] was—there wasn't a charge, but it was now a commercial product."
">How do our creators, like Mr. Sakamoto, who created Metroid, and Nintendo control that intellectual property so that we can drive where it's going, versus someone else driving where it's going."
>"That's where the line is very clear for us. And again, we could go on to YouTube and a variety of different places and see fans doing interesting things with our IP. But when it turns to driving the direction of the IP, or somehow monetizing or becoming a commercial project, that's where for us, the line has been crossed."
>>
muh shitty fangame
>>
>>386573301
Basically
>"if it's better than what we do or could drive away potential customers from our products we are going to shut it down"
while shitty it's understandable desu.
>>
>porch monkey
Reggie isn't black tho
>>
>>386573685
i also love how people are now considering people telling people to stick with AM2R over SR is just reverse shilling to make AM2R fanboys the worse poison to choose.

that said, it kinda feels good to be a centrist when it comes to either Nintendo "reimagining" Metroid 2 or DoctorM64 doing the remake
>>
>>386573301
Isnt this article like 2 months old?
>>
>>386574047
his name is literally Reggae, what is he if not black
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 300x57px
>>386574047
he's Haitian my dude, especially his last name being creole as fuck
basically a witch doctor too
>>
>>386574134
>Isnt this article like 2 months old?
yes, and from what i seen, it's quite amazing this Vice article wasn't up on other Nintendo news sites aside Nintendo Life nor a thread on /v/ was made about it
>>
>>386573301
>we cannot allow fans to make a better product than us
>Think of sakamoto sempai. We don't eant to break his kokoro
>>
nintendo was developing samus returns at the time of am2r's release. am2r is a game of excellent quality that easily matches nintendo's gba metroid titles. its existence is a threat to the profit of samus returns, because potential customers could be satisfied with am2r and not feel like samus returns was as necessary a purchase as it may have been had am2r not existed.
>>
We get two good remakes of Metroid 2 that both play differently and both bring different things to the table.

Why the fuck is anyone upset about this?
>>
>asked how a completely free fan game without even any advertising on the website is a commercial project
>just regurgitates the same line
I hate this fucker so much. He's probably going to die in 5 years of heart disease and I'm literally going to piss on his grave. I'll film it too
>>
>>386574457
>its existence is a threat to the profit of samus returns,
why do people say this
Samus Returns looks fucking A or budget as hell more so than the GBA games.
i mean Nintendo expect Other M to sell a million, so wouldn't be realistic if they expect SR to sell beyond 750k or outsell Metroid Prime 3/Super Metroid
>>
Now that AM2R guy is working on "Another Ori Game" I don't care too much anymore, his fangame is out there whether Nintendo likes it or not and AM2R definitely got that guy his job
>>
>>386574790
>i mean Nintendo expect Other M to sell a million, so wouldn't be realistic if they expect SR to sell beyond 750k or outsell Metroid Prime 3/Super Metroid
daily reminder
>>
>>386574790
because there's a subset of people that don't need to play samus returns when a free and amazing metroid game exists. it's too close to a commercial metroid game in quality for nintendo to tolerate. it's that simple.

a c&d should be taken as a compliment from nintendo desu.
>>
>>386573301
It was bad timing, he unleashed this beautiful remake at a time when nintendo had plans to remake it as well. They pretty much had to get nasty.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.