[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kind of want to play Deus Ex again but for some reason I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
I kind of want to play Deus Ex again but for some reason I'm finding the stealth to be so boring now. I've played it at least half a dozen times before and considered it one of my favorite games but it feels different now. Just hiding in shadows and waiting for the guards that never deviate from a small set path to turn their back feels awful. It wasn't so bad in VtMB because it had similar sneaking but you could also use dialogue for "social stealth".

Any tips on making the stealth more fun in Deus Ex? Or is there any way I can do a nonlethal style that's also nonstealth?
>>
>>386567779
Could be wrong, but I think one of the more common enhancement mods for DX increases AI awareness and makes them search longer for you

If you are bored with the DX campaign itself there are several mods that I would recommend, like The Nameless Mod or Burden of 80 Proof
>>
Play with GMDX
>>
>>386567779
Try some cool augs and play it guns blazing, then. I tried that a few years ago and it was fun.
>>
>>386567779
>nonlethal

There's your problem. Nonlethal runs are generally boring unless you play a game specifically designed for them, like MGS or Dishonored. Deus Ex is more about setting traps and messign with turrets
>>
>>386568620
Look at this loser. I bet he doesn't even prod with the prod.
>>
>>386567779
upgrade low tech weapons and prod with the prod
>>
>>386567989
>Burden of 80 Proof
This sounds like it might be kind of fun

>>386568147
I think I tried that a while ago but didn't notice a huge improvement to stealth, it might just be that the stealth is limited because there aren't more options so I'm not sure if an improvement mod would really make it better for me

>>386568384
Might just do that instead, I was just kind of surprised at how much I disliked trying to do the stealth nonlethal thing now.

>>386568620
Yeah it could be that, I liked some of the stealth/social stealth in VtMB but I didn't force myself to do nonlethal all the time
>>
>>386569336
80 Proof is fun and very well done, but short. It's been years since I've played it but I seem to remember it can be completed in less than 2 hours, maybe even 1.

TNM is at least as long as the main game, adds a ton of new features, is fully voiced, and has 2 branching paths
>>
>>386567779
Just come up with another playstyle?

>Heavy weapons and grenades only
>Knife only
>Flamethrower only (I forget how I did this one actually, fun tho)
>>
>Not playing with DX10/OpenGL custom renderer
Thanks Anon from yesterday!
>>
>>386567779
Give Unreal Revolution a try.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.