[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the goty, say something nice about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 880985.jpg (157KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
880985.jpg
157KB, 900x738px
this is the goty, say something nice about it
>>
>early access
>>
Just another generic battle royale
>>
>>386564851
7 million copies sold..
>>
>>386565283
And nobody can explain why.
>>
>>386565283

...FIFA sold 100 million I guess that means its a good franchise......................................

Stop making these threads. PUBG is garbage. People who buy it are lowest common denominator.At worst, mostly children.
>>
>>386565502
that's a shit example. Soccer is a world wide loved sport. even chad in America and rich Arabian princes play that dreck. there is almost zero Battle Royale audience and thi "game" managed to carve it out of nowhere. And ya best believe big companies are working on their AAA big budget clone. in the next two to three years there will be two or more out announced.
>>
>>386566024
Replace FIFA by Minecraft or COD then
>>
>>386566024
>there is almost zero Battle Royale audience
Bro, did you just assume that there hasn't been a mess of survival games and even specifically BR style survival games.

Have you been on steam prior to this turd coming out? Btw, its popular because of memeculture, and will go away as soon as some other fotm game hits twitch. Sorry to burst your incredibly small bubble famm
>>
>>386565449
Fun
>>
That's not P5 though
>>
Whenever I try to play the buildings look like Play Doh then my game freezes trying to load them

I can run Doom 2016 on high at 100 fps, this game can suck my fucking dick

I guess microtransactions are more important than basic optimization

Inb4 SSD shills
>>
>Free for all, battle royale
>banned for teaming up with a stranger

nice game
>>
I've been looking for a new shootan game, I'm slightly interested in this.
>>
>>386566024

Stop pretending like H1Z1 and Dayz are not the fucking same bullshit as PUBG.
>>
>>386565502
If it wasn't good then it wouldn't sell that much
>>
>>386566839
good shootan feel and rock solid tension. go for it my dude
>>
>>386566839
Most of the time is spent running, crawling, driving, not shooting.
>>
sage :3
>>
>>386566982
well.. it's better than doing nothing at all. Lately I haven't been into gaming at all.
>>
>>386566383
>PC gamer
>doesn't have an SSD
>>
I wish they would optimize the game a bit more. I have to run everything on low or ultra low and it still heats up my rig after a few hours of play. Shits fun with friends, though.
>>
It looks like the same shit as H1Z1.
>>
>>386567053
>dude PC gaming is affordable why would ANYONE play on console
>just be sure to spend superfluous amounts of money because shitty devs are too lazy to optimize their game xd

no
>>
>>386567152
>2017
>SSD are superfluous amounts of money
PICK (1)
>>
The game is fun, but it feels like a mod. There's barely any content. Certainly not enough to justify the price tag.
>>
>>386567303
>can run EVERY other game I play just fine on my HDD
>expecting me to spend an extra >$100 on an SSD to play ONE fucking game that looks like shit

no
>>
>>386566304
>>386566940

The B.R.(kek) genre is not a very explored one, yes there are several of them on steam, but Pubg is the one that's coming out on top because it's reaching a wider audience. My normie friends are playing this shit nonstop for hours and hours. I'm not speaking to the game's quality, but the little time I spent with it I had fun with it, the build up to the tense moments and shit talking with team mates was good, but that's it, I'm really not a fan of it and dont play it anymore. I'm just letting you know what is gonna happen when it goes gold and starts raking in even more money because of full price, microtransactions, tournaments, e-sportsshit etc.
>>
nigger
>>
This fucking FOTM multiplayer garbage? GOTY? In THIS fucking year?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>game isn't even out
>game of the year

That's what I don't like about these early access titles.

By the time it actually gets released, everyone is going to be bored of it, and there'll be no market.
>>
>>386568037

adding to it the exccessive popularity with streamers, it's just begging to be taken advantage by EA, Activision and the like. Remember the slew of MOBAs that came out shortly after league and Dota got big? yeahp get ready for more of that shit.
>>
>>386567048
You still can find another hobby then
>>
>>386566383
I play from my HDD and they only look like play-doh my first match, and only for like the first 20 seconds after landing if that.

And my next game, they're fine and fully loaded.

And that's on an I5.
>>
>>386566383
Clear space on your operating systems hard drive if its almost full. Fixed it for me
>>
>>386568815
>game isn't even out
>its still GOAT

and youll NEVER get bored of this game, every round is so different. ive never seen anything like it before
>>
>>386567152

i got my ssd for free
aswell as my motherboard

thanks amazon
>>
File: deedlit.jpg (615KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deedlit.jpg
615KB, 810x1080px
>>386565449
I'll take a stab at it.

Open world survival games have replaced MMORPGs in the marketplace. The MMO crowd wants three things: exploration, PvP, and consequence for their actions, good or bad. Games like PUBG provide all of this, with an important caveat: no grinding. It was for similar reasons that LoL initially became popular. PvP focus, no grinding.

We are even at the point where open world survival games with fantasy settings like an MMO would typically have are coming into existence.

There's still a niche audience that enjoys grinding, or just refuses to let go of the old paradigm, which is why WoW, FFXIV and korean MMOs still have a (much smaller) place, but they are not the mainstream. PUBG and similar games are what the mainstream wants.
>>
>>386564427
>Early Access that released the same year as new Zelda

l m a o
>>
>>386571040
modern MMOs are mostly popular for PvE content
The people that would've been attracted to PvP content moved on to shit like this
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.