[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curved monitors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 10415156_1.jpg (464KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
10415156_1.jpg
464KB, 1500x1500px
Are they good for vidya?
>>
Depends on how close you're sitting but they're just kind of the new meme after 3D displays to rake in money
>>
>>386563509
Half-pipe screens are an easy filter test. If someone owns any screen shaped like a half-pipe, I immediately remove them from my life.
>>
>>386563509
You don't really notice the curve when you are using it.
>>
>>386564062
Why?
>>
small, low latency monitors are the best for gaming. If they are curved or not it really makes no difference.

Big monitors are bad because you'll have to move your eyes around more and lose in response time.
>>
>>386564445
Person who uses half-pipe screens:
>Wasteful with money
>Corporate cocksucker
>Retarded

3 strikes.
>>
File: deusex4.jpg (1MB, 3434x1432px) Image search: [Google]
deusex4.jpg
1MB, 3434x1432px
>>386564762
yeah but on the other hand look how wide this shit is
>>
>>386563509
They look bad if you're one a couch very far away (unless it's a huge screen).
>>
>>386564062
pfffhahahahaha nerds are so fucked up
>>
>>386563509
Literally a meme.
>>
>>386564423
This.
Owned a curved monitor for about 3 months now and stopped noticing the curve ages ago.
>>
what is the purpose, what advantage does a curve have ?
>>
>>386564926
My monitor is just as wide and it's not curved
>>
>>386565794
On a flat screen teh center is the closest and you see the sides at an angle. A curved screen removes that angle so all of the screen is the same distance
>>
>>386563509
The curve doesn't really do much. It's just an excuse to make you pay a lot more for the same level of quality.
>>
Should I make a three monitor setup with curved screens for full peripheral vision?

Do the lines between the screens ever stop being distracting?
>>
File: 1412916040232.png (405KB, 1672x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1412916040232.png
405KB, 1672x1440px
The problem with curved screen is games are invariably not designed with them in mind, so the UI information that you would need to keep in front of you at all times will take longer to move your eyes to and result in a minor loss of player performance. This in addition to a higher rate of eye fatigue because of the relatively larger spread of eyesight movement means you'll feel like playing the game even less.
>>
>the entire screen being same distance away from your eyes is bad
Darn /v/ at it again.
>>
>>386568401
>looking forward is the same as looking around you
>>
Meme
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.