[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best current MMO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: ESO.jpg (2MB, 2120x1192px) Image search: [Google]
ESO.jpg
2MB, 2120x1192px
Looking to get into an MMO. Leaning towards pic related but have heard mixed opinions.

No Korean grindfest trash.
>>
>>386562731
ff14 or runescape
>>
>>386562731
>Best current MMO?

FF14

No question.
>>
>>386562731
It's pretty fun.
>>
>>386562731
>no korean grindfests
>but look at my western dungeon grindfest instead
Truly my almonds are activated.
>>
File: 1485402361784.png (174KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1485402361784.png
174KB, 373x373px
>>386562731
Depends on what you want.
If you want a streamlined and casual themepark experience then ffxiv does it the best. You basically don't have to think for that game.
If you're looking for something a bit more advanced or less streamlined/casualized then ESO or Guild Wars 2 is probably going to interest you more.

Or Black Desert Online if you're okay with mindless grinding and cash shop mechanics
>>
>>386562924
Eastern mmos are truly next level grinding
>t. Former pso, psu, pso2/wow, rift, and swtor player
>>
>>386563089
I'm bad at reading ignore the spoiler
>>
>>386562731
Surprisingly... it's great
Lots of nice places, great characters (albeit it's an MMO, so not super deep). And I like the stories and quests.

>>386562818
Runescape is great too but can be grindy.
>>
>If you want a streamlined and casual themepark experience then ffxiv does it the best. You basically don't have to think for that game.
I played it a few years back when ARR first launched and that was my impression. I played all the way through the endgame content and it felt like I was on rails the entire time. I didn't go back for Heavensward and I guess the server I used to play on is dead.
>If you're looking for something a bit more advanced or less streamlined/casualized
This is exactly what I'm looking for
>>
>>386562924
You don't grind in ESO.
>>
>>386563350
RS is really only grindy past Lvl 92 of your skills. Before that its pretty smooth sailing. And Im talking Old School not fuckoff RS3
>>
>>386563961
Don't bash RS3. It has lots of great quests that make up for the rest.

Also, you're dead wrong. RS Old is grindy around level 60-70, RS3 is grindy around 90.
>>
>>386563446
How is there no grinding in an mmo? I've never played it so I have no idea how they handle late game but if it's just running dungeons/raids on a gear treadmill then that is still grinding.
>>
>>386564254
Lmao Ok sure thing *wink*

I too love EoC and buying keys on chests
>>
>>386564279
You know lots of games don't need grinding. Even some of the pokemon games have NO grinding.

ESO, you gain experience in most things by doing quests. Yes, killing monsters nets you some exp but it's very little. Accomplishing certain goals also gives you exp too (imagine Oblivion gates but far superior and far faster; that's one example).

The very most I can imagine that requires 'grinding' is some of the crafting skills where you might need to make the same food item or armor 20 times or so. But 20 is such a low doable number. You gain exp very fast if you have the stuff, which you can buy. Having a guild is a godsend as you can just borrow materials and shit.

ESO's main 'problem' (it's really not) is learning weapon/armor traits takes real time but it's quite managable.

But yea: to raise in most skills, no grinding. And the few that might require it, it's pretty doable.
>>
>>386563384
Honestly playing the game just for the spectacle is really fun since the bosses and dungeons have great art direction. It also gives the player a fuck ton of stuff to do at end game to constantly keep you busy. However it only does this as a substitute for depth which is where I got incredibly bored after hitting ilevel softcap.

So yeah I'd say give ESO or Guild Wars 2 a shot, I personally have an mmo vet friend who really enjoys ESO so take that from that what you will. Guld Wars 2 also has a f2p version to try out the game.
>>
>>386564621
>Legacy mode
>don't use your money
That was easy.
Legacy mode is identical to old school RS.

You can't debate the fact that some of the new quests are amazing.
>>
>>386564743
ESO is quite great. I can vouch for it though I haven't played in over a year and haven't seen the new expansions (Nor do I know shit about them). Orsinium is a god tier expansion.
>>
>>386564279
The champion point system.

Basically, there is no hard-cap on how powerful your character can be. Once you hit max level, any extra EXP you acquire nets you champion points. You put these points into skill trees. Each point gives a passive bonus to different things. (Lowers the cost of blocking, increases Melee damage, etc.)

So, you basiclly do whatever the fuck you want as long as you're gaining EXP.
>>
>>386562731
Did anyone else find that there was a brutal difficulty spike with TESO? I was enjoying the ride all the way up to a certain point and then just got repeatedly ruined by standard NPCs. Stopped playing for this reason. Played it when it was near enough released so i don't remember a fair bit about it now
>>
Wow raid and pvp is still the only good one.
>>
>>386565573
Where?
Assuming you complete each region in its entirity, you should be fine.
Hell, that's not even true anymore, but 2 years back, it was.
You should do all quests per region before moving on. Also, do NOT solo the multiplayer dungeons! You *can* but be wary.
>>
>>386565829
This is what was baffling me. I was sure i had cleared all areas, i spent ages roaming around every cleared region for quests i might have missed to help me level up but i had done everything i could find. As far as i remember the map was easy to use and the regions where you meant to travel to next were pretty obvious.
Never tried to solo any dungeons, i could never seem to get a healer in my party either. They were a slog from what i remember
>>
>>386565625
>current state wow
>good
>>
>>386566323
Hm, can you remember where you had trouble though?
>>
>>386562731
its either
>play wow, a game from over a decade ago
>play ff mmo which has the best camera work but shit dialouge and its just press 1,2,3,4,5,6, 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc etc and you get stat points but you will only ever put towards one stat 100%
>eso with full voice acting and the best gameplay of any elderscrolls to date even though it's an mmo while also being twice as cannon and you can literally do any quest without having to be worried about over leveling and everything is always relevant with any build being viable, literally elderscrolls 6

the choice is pretty clear desu
>>
>>386566594
>everything is always relevant with any build being viable

Hybrid builds still don't work. You either go full stamina based Melee or full Magika based mage. There is no mixing or the two.

I just wanted to play a heavy armored greatsword user with a restoration staff as my second bar. Shit just won't work.
>>
>>386567257
Not entirely true. You can mix but at worst, late game it'll be a bit hard. Obviously, you should stick to one build, but you have flexibility.
>>
File: 1501944081231.png (4MB, 1440x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1501944081231.png
4MB, 1440x2028px
>>386562731
ESO is actually fucking great. Level synced everything and it's not gated to hell and back like FFXIV. You never HAVE to complete that level 10 dungeon just to progress and then you never revisit that zone again. ESO is literally skyrim with better combat with other people.

This simple fact has spoiled me in MMO'S and made me unable to play FF anymore. I don't want to do the main quest and all the bullshit it entails to pay heavensward to play stormblood to get new jobs. I want to be able to explore from jump and ESO does that beautifully.
>>
>>386567257
>hybrid builds don't work
Eh. You can do 90% of the games content, all normal and some HM dungeons just being yourself
That's kinda the case in any MMO, but none to the degree of ESO. I fucking hate gear treadmills and FF is the definition of a treadmill with a straight slight increase to stats.
>>
What the hell am I supposed to do in ESO to level up? I'm like level 32 and I'm trying to catch up to my friends but I have no more main quests, what am I supposed to be doing besides my daily dungeon bonus?
>>
>>386565176
>no hard-cap
being CP 1800 means shit since they capped it at 630.
>>
>>386568129
Sweep the regions. Every region has like 10 cities, 5 villages, a bunch of caves, dungeons, etc. Simply go left to right, up down, whatever (it's pretty obvious how to progress) and do quests. Obviously main quests give you the most exp.

However: Catching up.
I believe they updated the game so you no longer need to. You will autosynch up to the area, so you can play with them. Don't quote me on this part.
>>
>>386568129
>but I have no more main quests
Did all 5 or so zones in your starting alliance? You can easily reach 50 by overland questing just through there. Or, go do new zones, dungeons, dlc zones, PvP, explore, it all makes exp.
>>
File: 1501949317645.png (108KB, 303x395px) Image search: [Google]
1501949317645.png
108KB, 303x395px
I'm currently having a great time with ESO tbqh Its pretty great.
If you enjoy the elder scrolls universe at all I'd say give it a shot
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.