[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT We make the perfect MMORPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Give your ideas if they're so great /v/
>>
First, make it offline.
>>
old school runescape but with modern tech
>>
>>386559459

Everyone plays an animal and tries to get the ecosystem to work out. If the players fail, then the world will descend into madness and volcanoes will erupt and shit is happening, basically. If the players make it work then the ecosystem works out beautifully and every species can interact with each other, hunt each other, etc. etc.
>>
>>386559459
Final Fantasy XI with good gameplay.
>>
>>386559724

and of course there's all kind of different animals to play, fish, birds, mammals, everything you can think of and that changes the gameplay drastically from race to race / species to species
>>
You don't get to see your stats, nor equipment buffs, and all "levels" are just cryptic messages such as "You feel stronger".

There is a food mechanic where the more unhealthy you eat, the more your body changes into an unhealthy state. This is curbed by having unhealthy foods increase health, happiness, and learning more.
>>
>>386559664
Anything more specific
>>386559857
I really like your idea, but does it have dinosaurs?
>>
>>386559459
Active development making people have to work together to accomplish goals like gigantic bosses instead of cater to 2inch dick measuring contests of who can solo something faster to the millisecond for bragging rights.
>>
Simple. Breath of the wild mmo. With a loot system ressembling diablo 2. Professions are like classic vanilla wow and thr story is linear like any good old ff games. You unlock dungeons as you play the story (which are botw hyrule castle style) and they can be tackled with many player at once in an instanced fashion. Also dont make it an mmo, just make the lobby like gta
>>
Fantasy. Not Tolkien fantasy. Different factions like wow, but make it like 3 factions like eso. Umm you know what make it like wow with eso's PvP (cyrodil is the fucking best), but make it a more unique style of fantasy without weeb shit. No microtransactions, make questing to max level vary depending on time of year, and the factions are flexible so like a new patch comes out and now all of a sudden the fish-person race changes factions because they're unhappy with how the Cyclops people run things. Classes are race specific with each race having their own unique class. My thought is the servers are so big and there are so many ai helping each side that balancing wouldn't be as important because there's just too many fucking people fighting. And moral choices.
>>
File: 1496419842192.png (88KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
1496419842192.png
88KB, 276x276px
>>386559590
as always, fpbp
>>
>>386560064
Food mechanix, thats like the biggest turn off for me. I hate it because you cant feel it in anyway and its such a common mrchanic irl thats basically perfect that this is just not as enjoyable in a game.
>>
>>386559459
Alright.

>take Star Wars Galaxies pre-CU
>give it 2017 tier graphics

Wow, that was easy
>>
>>386560756
Itd be fun to watch the graphics descend over time. Naw man wow got it right in this department cartoony graphics age way better and an mmo should have continuous play for years after its release. The fact that you said to take an existing game but give it better graphics proves this
>>
>Make early and midlevel content viable
You can't have an MMO with only endgame and expect people to keep playing because of that.
>Make all raids viable
Having no raid progression means people will unsub whenever they've ran out of content
>Make alts viable
Related to previous point, offers more replayablility.
>>
>>386560756
As much as I love SWG, shit's grindy as fuck and most professions allow you/promote AFKing.
>>
>>386561149
People didn't bother afk grinding through entertainer etc. before holocrons were a thing. Before that everyone played whatever they loved instead of feeling forced to grind through professions to unlock jedi.
>>
>>386560143
Diablo 2 loot was the shit.
>>
Have a really in-depth character creation with options for both mouse draggin รก la Sims 4 and slider fu.
Something like BDO except your character looks less plastic Korean or All Points Bulletin (Reloaded).
>>
>>386562219
Oh, and include more options for user customization, like custom designs.
It promotes user creativity.
>>
MMOs have a history of having shit combat, so, either go all in and have combat be the entire focus or not focus on it at all.
Like a merchant MMO.
>>
No casual allowed
>>
File: 2157564-poring.jpg (61KB, 521x449px) Image search: [Google]
2157564-poring.jpg
61KB, 521x449px
>>386559459
It needs to have a cute mascot monster.
>>
remove Trinity
>>
>>386566000
>merchant MMO
Would die fairly quickly if it gained mass appeal at all. Now, having the option to be a merchant (and having it be one of the best ways to have a large income) would be nice. You could employ adventurers to get you things, be your bodyguards, or if you're willing to be a bit underhanded maybe even take out the competition. It'd be a cool way to blur the lines between player and NPC.
>>
File: modern mmo socialization.jpg (160KB, 1221x1198px) Image search: [Google]
modern mmo socialization.jpg
160KB, 1221x1198px
>>386559459
>it's another "/v/ makes mmorpg ideas that would make the game flop on day one" episode
>>
>>386559857
I think it'd be a better idea to have the player try to make their animal the dominant species, with some objective "goal". Like, have ant farms across the entire world with a population of 1,000,000,000 ants, or have komodo dragon population density high across the entire continent or something. Otherwise it devolves into "guys we need to feed the lizards some more dragonflies" but the dragonflies don't want to die
I like your idea though
>>
I been wanting some kind of "temporary" mmorpg for a while. Somewhat similar to a moba match that has a clear end and winner, except each "match" lasts 2 to 4 weeks and can have thousands of players spread over it.
The main part of the game is a PvP faction war (many simultaneously).
Clearly, leveling and end game pve content wouldn't be hard.
The big part would be faction coordenation, professions such as blacksmiths and other battle support, efficient battles, large raids kept in secrecy from the enemy, etc.
Whacha think?
>>
>>386559459
remove the chinks, the gooks and the americans
>>
>>386559459
SWTORs focus on story and characters, Mass Effect setting, Division visuals and combat(just without the regular looking enemies being bullet sponges) and written by CDProjekt
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.