[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollow Knight Hidden Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is the new content worth spending another 30 hours on the game for a second playthrough?
>>
>>386554270
It's all end game content
>>
the new content takes literally 15min to complete
>>
Hourly shill thread number two
>>
>>386554691
Why is any thread about this game automatically assumed to be a shill thread?
>>
>>386556406
Because its Alien Homnid tier flash game garbo that plays like shit.
>>
Be real with me, I like the Castlevania part of a Metroidvania. I like to level up, fight cool enemies and bosses and enjoy the beautiful art and music. I'm not sold on the art of this game, should I bother?
>>
>>386554637
>Not fighting Zote until his titles crawl over the boundaries of your screen
I think it'd take more than 15 minutes to git gud for most people.
>>
>>386556762
Nah. The progression in this game isn't satisfying at all and the art and aesthetics are probably its biggest selling point. There are some cool bosses and enemies but nothing remarkable.
>>
>>386556762
It doesn't have leveling up, but there's a lot of collectible stuff to upgrade your character. There's heart/magic containers from Zelda games and the "charm" system is kind of like badges from Paper Mario. Of course, there's also new abilities you can learn, and most of them help in combat in addition to making it easier to get around the map.

I think the environments are the best part of the art style. They're all hand-drawn and kind of remind me of Rayman Origins/Legends, if it were much gloomier. They're also very fun to explore.

The enemy sprites are pretty meh, but I guess having simple sprites is what allowed them to make like 140 different enemy types.
>>
>>386554270
I just bought this game and it feels more like the Megaman Zero mixed with Metroid than Castlevania.
>>
I'm about 8 hours into the game and I'm fairly disappointed. I'm a huge fan of metroidvanias but this one's boring me to death. I feel like quitting but I haaaaate quitting stuff, especially this early on. Should I just push myself to keep playing or what?
>>
>>386561043
Nah, you're good to drop it.
>>
>>386554270
Just continue off your last save file. You don't need to start over unless you let Zote die.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.