[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Souls games suck. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: when u been a bad boy.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
when u been a bad boy.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
Souls games suck.
Prove me wrong.
>>
I only played Dark Souls but I liked it
>>
>>386550878
fuck off rippletits
>>
File: mythchucklers.png (260KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
mythchucklers.png
260KB, 500x481px
>Chosen Undeadlift
>>
File: ripplespooks.jpg (41KB, 494x710px) Image search: [Google]
ripplespooks.jpg
41KB, 494x710px
>>386551768
>>
File: hip drivers.jpg (183KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
hip drivers.jpg
183KB, 728x546px
>>386551768
>
>>
>>386550878
You're not wrong, though.
Souls games are artificial difficulty incarnate.

They rely entirely on trial and error to overcome. No amount of skill or caution will allow a new player to succeed at them. You must suffer unavoidable deaths in the dozens to slowly learn the game's gimmicks, and then you become an invincible murder machine who can 100% the game while naked with enough patience.

Even if that weren't true, the hitboxes and other mechanical elements are so bad that the games would still suck.
>>
File: that thing....png (145KB, 252x264px) Image search: [Google]
that thing....png
145KB, 252x264px
Your opinion sucks.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>386553660
the game doesn't have "gimmicks". it has incredibly consistent combat mechanics that apply to almost every single enemy in the game. so there are a handful of enemies who'll surprise you, like ghosts or hydras. big fucking deal, pussy.
>>
>>386553660
>Game has patterns and design choices that are different from other games
>WAHHHH TRIAL AND ERROR ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY, WHY AM I NOT IMMEDIATELY GOOD AT EVERY GAME I PLAY?!
>>
File: (You).jpg (169KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
169KB, 900x1125px
>>386553660
>artificial difficulty
As opposed to what? Home grown, organic difficulty? You retarded buzzword shouters need to fuck off already and stop talking about shit you know nothing about.
>game has learning curve
>this is artificial difficulty
No it's not you fucking moron. It's just difficulty. Some things are more difficult than others, some thing are less difficult. There's no such fucking thing as artificial difficulty. Even the most obscure and obtuse mario romhack you can think of isn't artificial difficulty. It was specifically designed and created to impossibly hard. It's still possible.
What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
Gitto guddo.
>>
Daily reminder you have to squat 500 to even be male
>tfw those goddamn cyclists only ever want to ride their bikes
>>
>>386550878
It's okay that you don't like some video games but I recommend that you try and explain the reasons why you hold your positions instead of making simple inflammatory posts that won't lead to anything productive.
>>
File: 1489770377276.jpg (73KB, 873x691px) Image search: [Google]
1489770377276.jpg
73KB, 873x691px
>>386553660
I can't really speak for 2 but both 1 and 3 have consistently impressive level design with regards to ambushes and enemy placement such that it ruins the days of cautious players and has them screaming artificial difficulty.

You walk into a room, there's a skeleton warrior up on a ledge, almost out of sight - but you see the orange spark as he lights up a firebomb. So you roll out of the way to dodge that attack, feeling smart that you caught it.
Then the second skeleton attacks you, he was hiding behind the door, to your right, exactly where you just rolled to. You rolled right into him while dodging the first ambush.
This kind of stuff happens throughout the games and it's goddamn fantastic.
>>
>>386553660
You're a casual and sound horrible at the game, anyone who plays fighting games often has the reflexes or could learn for rolling for iframes, you can go through the entire game without getting hit, like you know aggressive shieldless combat

A second phase might surprise you and prevent you from one shotting a boss, that's the point.
>>
>>386555637
Plus the hit boxes don't suck, I played every game, there fine. Demons to dark souls 3.

There perfect in bloodbourne
>>
File: 1502006680033.jpg (80KB, 593x796px) Image search: [Google]
1502006680033.jpg
80KB, 593x796px
explain to me why SS is a meme, /v/
>>
>>386555975
Women aren't really attracted to boys. It just isn't a real thing.
>>
>>386555975
Because tricking unsuspecting normies who think they will get a roiders physique by just going to the gym regularly into mainly working their legs is hilarious
>>
>>386552251
>that triggerdicipline
>pointing a gun at someone
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.