[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth the time investment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

It's not that I think the game is boring, but from the 6h I have played ( ps2 version pirate ) it doesn't look like the plot is going to get better (Last thing that happened was rescuing Jessica) and the progression feel more monotonous then most rpgs I've played. Should I just drop the game or does it get better?
>>
>playing a DQ game for the plot
Do what you want, faggo.

DQVIII is one of my favorite games, but if you're not enjoying it then why are you still playing it?
>>
I'd say it's definitely worth it! I started the DQ series about a year ago. Bought VIII for the PS2 before I knew the game was coming here to the 3DS. It's still the best in my opinion. Played 4-6 and 7 on the 3DS also
>>
Once when you get Dante it'll pick up plot wise, and he adds funny character
>>
Plot definitely gets better, but it's spread out over 60+ hours of game so if you don't find the down time when you're just running around the world comfy then you're gonna have a shit time getting to each plot point.
>>
>>386550546
fuck yes I'm 30ish hours in stuck at doulmagus but damn I love this.
>>
Emulate it and speed it up
>>
Grab the 3DS version if you can. Speeding up battles is a fucking god send and I can't imagine playing the PS2 version again after it.
>>
>>386551438
>Dante
From Devil May Cry Series?
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WAY too much grind

It's a complete fucking waste of time
>>
>>386550864
>playing a DQ game for the plot
It's the first DQ I've played so I have almost to no idea what to expect from the game.

It's not that I'm not enjoying the game, I just don't know what I should even expect from the game. Actually it's one of the few games that I actually enjoy the open world map.
>>
>>386550546
Dragon Quest is THE definition of "Your Typical Average JRPG that NEVER changes".
It's the CoD of Japan together with Musou games.
>>
>>386550864
so you don't play jrpg for the plot.
really make me think
>>
>>386550546
You fell for the meme, not only is the same shit all the way through the game, but it's the same shit with all the game in the serie. You saw everything there was to see, just drop that turd and be glad that you didnt waste money on it.
>>
>>386552509
>>386552297
>>
>>386552443
>jrpg gameplay exposed as indefensible
>b-but muh plot
>jrpg plot exposed as indefensible
Why have jrpgfags not all killed themselves yet?
>>
>>386552297
The plot on DQ games revolve more around things that happen on each town rather than a grand narrative, you'll be following the bad guy for a big chunk of the game, but the big crunch is helping the people affected by him.
>>
>>386553401
tl;dr: it's shit
>>
I don't know man, you tell me.
>>
>>386550546
>(Last thing that happened was rescuing Jessica)
At Alexandria or that thing that happens later?
>>
>>386550546
You should never play DQ for the plot
>>
if you don't like DQ8 then just drop the series because all the other games are much worse. The stories have no depth, they are really basic stuff like go save the princess and grind a lot.
>>
>>386554238
In Alexandria
>>
>>386550546
yes it gets better
this is one of the games that starts out very slow
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.