[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was the leak last night real? Does Ellie kill Joel at the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: The Last of us.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
The Last of us.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
was the leak last night real?

Does Ellie kill Joel at the end?
>>
File: 1502142500693.png (477KB, 638x820px) Image search: [Google]
1502142500693.png
477KB, 638x820px
>>386548552
Who cares? Writing will be shit. Amy Hennig left Naughty dog and now SJWs are in charge of this.
>>
>>386548552
He is A Wyatt Man so probably, yeah
>>
>>386548795
I honestly see this SJW pandering being the death of Naughty Dog.

This kind of thing is becoming increasingly unpopular among gamers.
>>
>>386550614

I dont think a single person gives a fuck outside of /v/.

Oo there's a nigger in my game. Who the fuck cares.
>>
>>386550614
true
>>
>>386548795
>>386550614
>/pol/ being assblasted and paranoid over everything
Nobody really cares, and it doesn't actually ruin the games except for people like you, which is good.
>>
As long as Naughty Dog doesn't resort to any type of political shaming Naughty Dog will be fine.
It will not be the death of them.
>>
>>386550614
Yes diversity is bullshit, but a few years ago when every game had a boring bald marine archetype protagonist we were essentially saying the same shit, just without political motivation.
>>
>>386551013
it's not that there's a nigger, it's that every single time there's a fucking no-good porchmonkey there's always an agenda behind it.
>>
>>386551660
Except all of those games were shit and forgotten. The only games that resisted the passage of time are ones with unique protagonists.
Just like now every game with Niggress Afro Crackwhore will be forgotten.
>>
>>386550614
Doubtful. Despite their ideals and less interesting characters, they usually give enough personality to justify people caring for them. Not always, but often. They'll realize that diversity for the sake of diversity doesn't affect anything nor is that what people want.
>>
>>386548552
Western games are trash
>>
File: 1488565785419.jpg (87KB, 540x708px) Image search: [Google]
1488565785419.jpg
87KB, 540x708px
>>386551882
>porchmonkey
I will never get tired of these names
>>
>>386552014
>hey'll realize that diversity for the sake of diversity doesn't affect anything
except authenticity and realism
>>
>>386552139
If the character is normal and just so happens to be black, white, woman, men, straight, gay, then yeah, it's realistic and more likely to be well written. Problem is when devs make it diverse with the intention of placing these characters in marble pedestal and show off some weird position in a war that only exists in their heads.
>>
>>386551409
So you're saying a game wouldn't be ruined to you if it unironically made a white nazi character that was likable and also right the entire game?
>>
File: boi.gif (1016KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
boi.gif
1016KB, 332x332px
>>386548552
Obviously fucking not!
I mean, I love Troy Baker, but it's fucking obvious from the fucking trailer that he is already dead from the fucking start of the game and the game will be about Ellie taking revenge on the Fireflies that killed him for killing the scientists and the black lady.

The Citizen Kane of gaming will come out from the fact Ellie will kill people that rightfully took revenge on Joe, leading to a cicle of violence, like that scene from Kill Bill.
>>
>>386552483
Different anon.
Depends on the context but likely no.
>>
>>386551660
The reason those games had white bald space marines was because the higher up suits that are out of touch with the gaming population would force companies to make their characters that way to appeal to what they thought the demographic was. The only reason these companies are getting away with SJW shit is because those same higher ups started browsing the internet when White Bale Space Marine was starting to lose sales.

This too, will change, once diversity stops selling, like the ceo of marvel has discovered.
>>
>>386552551
Also she's gay
Did we mention she's gay?
She's gay you know

Totally gay
>>
>>386552551
They'll likely have a sort of similar intro to Last of Us, replacing Ellie with Joel and Joel's daughter with Joel.
>>
>>386552562
Sorry, I wanted the same anon to respond. It's pointless if a different one responds.
>>
The leak is so ridiculous, it just might be real.
I'm readying the popcorn regardless.
>>
File: infected-joel.png (469KB, 491x686px) Image search: [Google]
infected-joel.png
469KB, 491x686px
Would be interesting if Ellie is hallucinating because she is just resistant to the cordyceps and not completely immune. I would love things like hearing and maybe even seeing nonexistent enemies and voices during gameplay to fuck me over. A psychosis story with psychosis gameplay. Maybe even Joel being a hallucination?
>>
File: 1456522943035.jpg (302KB, 1337x990px) Image search: [Google]
1456522943035.jpg
302KB, 1337x990px
>>386552681
Sorry.
>>
>>386552716
I want to add, I want to see things like being jumped on by a guy who is wrestling me and the other man just looking at me confused like "what are you doing kid?" After freeing myself from the grapple and killing them both I find only one corpse.
>>
>>386552716
Not enough games handle this sort of hallucination through gameplay right. It's always in cutscenes and gameplay stays the same.
Spec Ops the Line has nice what the fuck moments, Mad Max had a section near the end where you starting hearing two characters that died telling you to kill them all, bathe in their blood, etc. Made those gameplay moments quite effective.
>>
>>386552768
Fine. Just to continue a debate you want, I would find that kind of character would lead to a poorer experience on average than not, because political propaganda in games is a symptom of a worse, deeper core. One of someone who is not self-aware or humble enough about their opinions or viewpoint on life.

It was the same with zealous Christians who wanted to ban Rock & Roll and D&D back in the 70s and 80s for being too "satanic". They will make everything worse just so they alone can feel good about themselves, without regard to the quality of the work, what their saying, or it's effect on the rest of the game. The only reason SJW ideologies are getting through right now is because they have very sweet sounding ideas of peace, provided you only listen to the sales pitch and don't pay attention to what they do or say at all.
>>
>>386552857
Imagine playing like a stealth section, suddenly hearing a voice saying "SHE'S HERE", but none of the enemies actually react, or hearing clickers seem to speak during quiet moments. As long as they're during gameplay and not exclusive to cutscenes, I'm all over that.
>>
File: crybullies.jpg (535KB, 1200x891px) Image search: [Google]
crybullies.jpg
535KB, 1200x891px
>>386550614
More importantly it's going to drive the technical talent away from the company.

Little known fact about Naughty Dog: their primary function is to work on Sony's in-house game engine that's used for most exclusive first party games. They still make games, obviously, but they are Sony's technical workhorse when it comes to software.

Guess what happens when the Social Justice Warriors in the writing department start bullying the introverted code junkies in the technical department? The code junkies leave and warn their friends that the "creative" people have created a hostile work environment where free thought is discouraged. You are already seeing this happen at Google where the "diversity hires" are trying to dominate and even push out the people with genuine talent.

It's happening all over the industry and the result is that disruptive technologies and brands have been appearing at historically low rates.
>>
>>386550614
If they keep writing stories that capture the audience like Uncharted 4 did, they're not dying anytime soon.

If it turns into "womyn and assorted are best you white cis scum", it's another story
>>
>>386553154
I get that perspective, and for the majority of cases, I agree. But I also try to avoid dismissing anyone just because they have political intentions in their media. A good nazi is not impossible to do, even without talking a single second about their ideology. It'd have to be incredibly well written and well thought out, obviously, but I don't want to dismiss it until I see the final result. Otherwise we could be losing amazing media for the sake of not having to deal with the possibility of a bad book/movie/game.
Most video game writers aren't good, very few are great and even fewer are amazing. When I hear stories like Druckman wanting political games, I don't want to dismiss it just because they'll likely be hamfisted, insulting, pretentious, holier-than-thou wankfest. They might be but I can't outright dismiss the possibility that I'm wrong.
>>
>>386553248
so you work there or something?
>>
>>386552768
Sorry
>>
>>386553497
They specifically said that Uncharted 4 would be the last game of it's kind from them.
>>
>>386552768
I apologize, man.
>>
>>386554028
No. They said Uncharted 4 would be the last Drake game. The Chloe spinoff was dlc that was supposed to be a part of the season pass.
>>
>>386554231
Which they are expanding in hopes of Chloe becoming as popular as Drake to replace him, yes.
>>
>>386554028
I gave Uncharted 4 as an example of immense popularity. It was praised for its visuals, characters, and story
>>
>>386553628
>A good nazi is not impossible to do
And now you're talking about the other problem with forcing diversity into places where it's not called for, which is the trust relationship between gamer and dev. You even wonder why when people see a black character or gay character in a Japanese game, most people don't care and flip off the deep end? That's because Japanese devs have shown that they care little for ideologies outside of Japan. This isn't 100% true as certain companies will ask for Western opinion when making the games they intend to market in the west, but in general, you could probably say 98% of Japanese games ignore this. Because of this, gamers react less negatively towards black/gay stereotypes in games because they trust Japan to put those characters in there as interesting or fun ideas they had as opposed to them trying to guilt trip white people.

If you go back to the west however, the west tends to flip out whenever a western developer even announces that there will be a black/gay protagonist in their game before the game is even made. This is due to the lack of trust I was talking about, but the negative side effect of this is that game might have legitimately had a non-political idea and wanted to introduce these types of characters because they were fun ideas, but weren't aware that the market will react to them like this. Meaning a potentially good game just simply won't sell with this shit in it no matter how many anons scream on the internet "no it's actually good I swear!" It's shitty, but those other devs are poisoning the water for other stories out there, and nothing short of working to build the trust of the gaming core audience will fix this.

>They might be but I can't outright dismiss the possibility that I'm wrong.
>hamfisted, INSULTING, pretentious, holier-than-thou wankfest.
Pattern recognition and people not wanting to feel insulted will continue to outweigh the idea of ignoring the message for the gameplay.
>>
No.

Ellie will die in joels arms just like his daughter in part 1.
>>
>>386551882
I wish this weren't so true.

Missandei in GoT went from being a secondary character to borderline-primary for no reason, with constant cringy attempts at humour and a romantic plot (that no one asked for) with a eunuch.
>>
>>386554501
You make a good point on gamer/dev trust. I completetly agree that western games try harder to be political, often damaging whatever quality it once had in favor of making themselves look good.
That being said, it comes down to public perception against personal perception. /v/ is not the best place for this if only because of too many shitposters, baiters, and people who think 4chan is all about aggression and hate when in fact younger 4chan just used anger and hate as a setup for a joke or an opinion, without actual hate. What I mean is even good games are called unredeemable shit just because they can.
A lot of AAA games have to say something about it before release so they'll often either focus on the wrong thing, or something that should be just an interesting tidbit gets posted all over media as "CHARACTER IS GAY STOP THE PRESSES"
But that won't go away if devs don't keep trying. There are good female characters in gaming, good gay characters, even transexual. They just need to well done and I'd argue most people wouldn't shitpost as much. Jade is a great character and it's rare to see people shitposting about her, as an example.
>>
>>386554608
I always felt more sympathy for older characters than young ones. If Elly died in the first game I would have felt worse for Joel than her.
>>
>>386556146
Feel that as well, but mostly because younger characters don't have enough development to empathize with or are too stock to care for.
If Clementine had died instead of Lee, I'd have felt like shit for Lee but also because I had come to care for Clementine.
Also I think it's a natural response. When you hear someone young died, you usually feel sorry for the surviving family and friends, not so much for what they could've been because in most cases, young people haven't achieved anything great worth remembering or somehow proof that they could've achieved great things.
>>
>>386555340
>That being said, it comes down to public perception against personal perception.
Problem is, public perception can and will taint the personal perception because of how the story is told. Not only that, but people are amazing at picking up on subtext, even if they don't realize they're doing it. Even outside of 4chan, diversity is being lambasted. I mentioned earlier that the Marvel CEO has realized this, but there's been a lot of pushback against SJWs. One of the more obvious places to find it is youtube ratings. Check out the thumbs up/down on the GhostBusters (2016) trailer, and then James' Rolfes video of refusing to review it. Even though those videos in particular are hard to say assertively if they are ideological or not, the public perception quickly shows up

>A lot of AAA games have to say something about it before release
That's because it's the new metagame of corporate environments. If a game does really badly, they directors/produces/managers have to answer to people who have the power to remove them. Usually the same people that poisoned the well, but they're not going to fire themselves when all the ideas they threw out there are used in X other games. So to keep their jobs, a lot of AAA managers used to promote things that would trigger a group of people, take screenshots of it, and tell the higher ups "no, the game was great! It was just because there was this hate group called 4chan, and they ran a hate campaign! That's all that happened!". Most competent game devs are fully aware of how shit or not their game is before release, so they can usually do this ahead of time.

The metagame is slowly shifting though, to people who unironically buy into this and go to the presses on purpose to try and farm virtue points with neogaf to tell gaf "hey buy this game"

>Jade is a great character and it's rare to see people shitposting about her
That's because Jade, like all good female protagonists, was made prior to 2007 or in Japan.
>>
>>386556731
Maybe because I'm not American but I haven't felt SJW activity outside of the net. Even then, my theory has always been that stuff like gamergate was internet drama, that specific kind of drama that as soon as it tries to come to the real world, the real world will push it back because of how retarded it is. Again, maybe it's different in America since there the internet is no longer a separate entity and much more interconnected with real life. I was actually thinking about this earlier that I believe one of the reasons it seems the internet seems more defensive is not because more people are in it, it's because it's no longer a virtual vs real life. They've become one in the same.
Either way, just to dial it back into games, I avoid letting public perception affect my personal thoughts. They might be influenced, yes, but I will always fight the easy urge of just going along with the possible shitposters. It's easy to have a Last of Us thread be all "NOT A GAME", or pol posting, as it is this thread, two anons actually having a reasonable discussion.
I agree on the metagame you meantioned but I do think it'll change with a new wave of young devs. Happened with movies, don't doubt it will happen here.
And who knows who'll be the next Jade? I can't stop a dev from trying.
>>
>>386554408
Why waste the potential of the Uncharted 4 engine / gameplay / AI system on just a single game? They worked on and polished it for years
>>
>>386554967
shit like that always happens in game of thrones,like with theon greyjoy.you're just fixated on muh niggers
>>
>>386557656
>gamergate was internet drama
No, gamergate happened because it was the first time we had concrete proof of an open secret that game journalists were corrupt as fuck and in the pocket of most major western companies. Bad things came out of it, good things came out of it.

>I was actually thinking about this earlier that I believe one of the reasons it seems the internet seems more defensive is[...]
Nah, people are less humble in general these days. I think it's because for the first time in (American) history, politics has been so divided as it is. Back in the old days, when someone in politics fucked up, EVERYONE was making fun of it, left or right, and having a good chuckle at it because everyone could see why it's wrong. But there's been a lot of propaganda lately, so people are losing the ability to laugh at themselves because the other side is trying to laugh at them for just being their normal rational selves and spin it into a demonized version of ideas.

>I avoid letting public perception affect my personal thoughts[...]
This is all well and fine, honestly, but your other option is to not encourage companies like Naughty Dog to give into the ideologies and show them it's not worth it for long term trust relationships. The first option, your option, means you play good games, but then they rarely get sequels unless they're blockbuster hits like The Last of Us, meaning your good games go drastically down unless you turn weeb like the rest of us. The other option is you ignore some potential good games while they're out, the company eventually either learns or goes out of business, and good companies (hopefully) rise in their place, meaning we get more good games in the long run.

>but I do think it'll change with a new wave of young devs
Oh absolutely. Even better, eventually the stockholders will be replaced by gamers too.

Also, could you please not give into the "reddit spacing" meme and separate your sentences more?
>>
>>386554967
>Missandei
she's one of the very few nigs that look cute with an afro.
>>
>>386548795
Amy didn't do any writing for TLoU
>>
>>386558761
>not give into the "reddit spacing"
Sorry. I was actually starting to type faster since it was on page 9 by the time I finished.

>gamergate
What I meant was that, yes there was no proof of an open secret. But it's not like I was turning on the news and hearing about it. It seemed very confined to the internet, which then started to flood into the real world where people with actual power pushed it back because they had more important issues to deal with.

>less humble (...)
I don't think propaganda is the issue. A factor perhaps but while there is a bigger divide and less people being able to accept when their side fucked up, I do think it comes from the fact that your immediates thoughts online now actually affect real life. Before every website encouraged you to use usernames, remain anonymous in some capacity. Now they encourage the opposite, so if you're on the shitter and post the first thing you thought about on twitter, it can have consequences in real life, therefore people feel the need to be more protective and stand up for these things, instead of accepting that these thoughts can be just that, thoughts. Not arguments, not even well thought out arguments. Just a thought.

>Naughty Dog
Perhaps I muddled the issue so I'll try to focus.
I don't want to discourage devs from experimenting. For me, games are an art form, as is any medium. Some are made purely for entertainment, some are entertainment plus some idea that should be preserved, others are "art" as in experimenting with the medium. And just to clarify, just because it's "art" doesn't mean it's good or bad, just that the intention behind it is to experiment with the possibilities of the medium.
If a dev like Naughty Dog wants the middle ground, I can't stop them. I'll express my opinion if I think they're approaching it the wrong way, but trying to stop it or discourage it, no. Can't do that.

>New wave devs
At least we agreed on something. The new age will be beautiful.
>>
>>386559839
>there was now proof
My mistake.
>>
>>386551013
I know several people who dropped games because of that bullshit (especially homo bullshit) and they never read /v/. In fact, most of them don't even understand English.
>>
>>386552139
you remind me those faggots saying that medieval Baroque times in Poland had notable black people in them, hilarious.
>>
>>386552551
>Comparing it to kill bill
Wew, lad
>>
Will leaker anon come back and elaborate?

Did Naughty Dog get him?
>>
Bruce Straley isn't going to be there... Dear god I hope cuckman doesn't fuck it up.
>>
>>386550614
I see the shift in focus from gameplay to interactive cinema as the death of naughty doge, but that has been going on since the first uncharted. These stories and characters really aren't that good, let alone enough to justify lack of gameplay.
They sure look pretty as fuck, though.
>>
>>386552483
>if it unironically made a white nazi character that was likable and also right
No, that would be a comedy game. I'd rather just have gameplay instead of cutscenes and nice vistas, though.
>>
>>386560160
Out of curiosity, how old are these people?
>>
I don't want Joel to die ;_;
>>
File: porchmonkeylr5.jpg (28KB, 599x334px) Image search: [Google]
porchmonkeylr5.jpg
28KB, 599x334px
>>386552132
He's taking it back.
>>
>>386561130
Three are around 30 and one (my nephew) is 17
>>
>>386553248
That's a cute fantasy scenario you got yourself there, very nice. The coding team either does as they're told or they're replaced with someone else, the market isn't exactly starved of willing coders. The only way their studio collapses by means of the writing team is if their sales drop.
The issue here isn't whatever color of the characters is, but the shift from games with gameplay to games that want to be movies.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.