[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sober the fuck up. Scorch is by far the best.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: TITANFALL 2.jpg (114KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
TITANFALL 2.jpg
114KB, 666x666px
>>
>>386547904
>Scorch
Fuck you bitch
Ronin kicks the most ass, you just rush in and shotgun blast fucking everyone.
Scorch has to set up so much shit it sucks
>>
Northstar baby!
>>
>>386547904

Reason's why OP is wrong:

1: OP is a fag

2: Legion is objectively best mechfu
>>
Haha, my fellow 4chan users. I too am enjoying Titanfall 2™, the latest hit shooter from blockbuster studio Respawn Entertainment, a subsidiary of EA games, available on Origin now.
>>
>>386548972
Legion is for slows.
>>
File: FUCKING SHILLS.png (109KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING SHILLS.png
109KB, 666x666px
>>386549140
>>
>>386549140
>How dare you discuss about games ?
>>
>>386549140
This game is legit good tho, and it's not like it's a brand new game. Shills normally post before or around a games launch. This game needs more players anyways so it doesnt die out.
>>
>>386548725
Scorch main here. So many Ronins try and melee me it's a joke. The smarter ones strafe around just out of reach but then it's just a case of backing up and laying down fire. If you're caught out in the open as a Scorch then it's your own fault.

Scorch with upgraded shield is THE melee Titan. Also one of the best flankers (despite slow speed).
>>
@386549140
The game is legitimately the best shooter in the last decade, who cares if EA has something to do with it? It has a good single player, it gets free dlc, and the paid dlc is minimal and completely cosmetic.
>>
I only use Ronin. Am I a faggot?
>>
>>386549562
Noob Scorch here. Any tips?
>>
File: RC-1207sev.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RC-1207sev.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>386547904
I beg to differ, OP.
>>
>>386549708
You're a weeb.
>>
>>386549562
I wonder if Respawn will give Scorch more than one grenade per reload, a la Frontier Defense? He's a lot more comfortable to use now because of it but I don't know if it would be too much. I'm REALLY glad every Titan gets a built in boost since Scorch was useless without that boost.
>>
Such an overrated game the cult fanbase is even more pathetic
>>
>>386549838
Well, aren't we all deep inside?
>>
>>386549941
I rarely play chink games and I dislike anime. Not enough to screech at anime reaction pictures, though.
>>
>>386549941
using only one titan no matter what is a bloody disgrace.
>>
>>386550236
Don't reply to him ever again.
>>
>>386549791
Fire is best used to cut off access and/or escape routes. You're true power lies in your shield; it'll decimate other Titans in mere seconds. Because of this, you must pick the shield upgrade kit. It's so good that every other option fails in comparison. Avoid large open areas; Scorch can't reliably attack at range (not like Northstar, Ion, or really most other Titans). Alleyways aren't great either since pilots can easily hide and hit you little by little. You're best options are along the sides of maps or in tight, narrow spaces where pilots don't have a lot of options.to approach you. The giant hallway in Complex is a good spot. Exoplanet is probably Scorch's best stage overall. Do not pick Scorch for the majority of stages as most maps simply work against him. Finally, Scorch's core ability is the only one in the game that ignore's the final hit save. For example, if Northstar hits a Titan with barely any health with a fully charged sniper round, that Titan will still get full doomed health. It's meant to give players a small chance to escape. Scorch's core ability is unique in that the damage with go right through normal health and into doomed health, allowing for instant kills from outside of doomed state. Their health needs to be really low, but it's possible.
>>
>>386550236
My brother only ever plays Ronin, no matter what. He's been messing around with Tone a little but he's still gotta be 95% Ronin. He doesn't often get the chance to play so I think he'd rather stick with what he knows he likes.
>>
>>386549708
only if you nuke eject
>>
I think switching up titans is fun but let's get real here

>Tone
>Ion
>Legion

All boring as fuck and need to be deleted
>>
ION
O
N

Q-beam, the bane of pilots.
>>
>>386551725
Ion is the closest I have to the arc cannon though
>>
>>386550710
Thanks.
>>
>>386548894
I love Northstar but Ronin fuck my shit up regularly. Seems like my trap anchors fail to engage in a timely manner, or I just throw one down in the wrong spot.
>>
File: Pilot and Northstar.png (3MB, 2048x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Pilot and Northstar.png
3MB, 2048x1464px
Everyone knows that Northstar is best Titanfu
>>
>>386550236
I do use other titans but I get my ass kicked most of the time I don't use Ronin.
>>386551624
Of course I do.
>>
File: 1500439352237.png (42KB, 775x661px) Image search: [Google]
1500439352237.png
42KB, 775x661px
>>386549227
>>
File: 1494259913059.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1494259913059.png
207KB, 403x433px
>tfw Ion nerf.
>>
>>386549791
This guy >>386550710 is giving a good crash course but there's a few things I want to add.

Tempered Plating is the new hotness. It removes damage from your own fire and removes your crit spot. Wildfire Launcher has also got a buff. Basically, if you prefer charging forward then get Tempered Plating. If you prefer sitting back then get Wildfire Launcher. If you'd like a mix then Inferno Shield is the best (and is what I use).

With a single Inferno Shield, you can take a fresh Titan from full heath to dead whilst taking minimal damage in return. This is best used on Legions since you can match their speed but you can also use it on any other Titan if you see that they've just popped their boost. Just activate your shield and shred their health, boosting when they get too far away and popping a smoke when you can. If you haven't taken them to doomed then you should have your core which you can use to finish them off. If you're a little way away from your core then use a fire line to get that last bit. If you're somehow a long way off your core then use a fire line, traps and retreat.

Try and flank as much as you can. Scorches aren't fast but if you get the drop on a lone Titan then you can use the above technique to kill or severely wound them. If you get the drop on two or more Titans then put down your traps and light them up to cause serious damage. If you can catch enemy Titans between your fire and allied Titans then you'll probably kill off the weaker players.

If you are caught off guard then retreat whilst putting down traps and fire lines. Since you should be in more confined spaces this will punish anyone who tries to follow you. Ronins pretty much the only ones who can get around this but when they pop out of phase then use your fire shield on them. Most of them will have used their boosts and be a bit confused coming out of phase.

Also, if a Northstar flies then cook it from underneath. They can't shoot you.
>>
>>386547904
I dropped the game after the meta advanced too far for Scorch to be viable. Getting surprise kills on retards was fun. I just can't get a feel for the other Titans; I don't really like the whole poke game, but that's so important.
>>
>>386554458
Scorch got a lot of buffs
>>
>>386554543
What the fuck, I can't find full patch notes beyond Monarch. When did this happen?
>>
>>386554135
>Also, if a Northstar flies then cook it from underneath. They can't shoot you.
I never thought of that. That's pretty brutal. That being said, the vast majority of Northstars should have Nuclear Ejection since it works extremely well with their fast speed and tether traps so a Scorch getting in close could be dangerous since they're so slow at escaping. On the other hand, Thermal Shield will eat away at an enemy's health so quickly that it doesn't give the player much time to pull off the nuke. I've had situations myself where I'm preemptively mashing the button to nuke ASAP and it still doesn't work. Anyway, it could go either way so just try to be prepared.
>>
>>386554458
Scorch got some significant buffs, especially a permanent dash boost for Scorch and Legion. I still say that Scorch is lowest tier but he's definitely a lot more usable than before.
>>
>>386549827
he ded tho
>>
fuck off to your general dumb call of duty shills
>>
>>386549140
Don't even mind, so much shit in the genre as a whole right now. Respawn knows what I want, I'ma let em suck my dick.
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (113KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
113KB, 495x495px
>LTS on Drydock
>Turn corner with Legion
>Scorch with boost immediately pins you with thermite shield
I never fucking learn...
>>
>>386555934
Scorches are pretty good at dealing with nukes for two reasons. First, as you said, fire shield can shred health fast and if you got the drop on an enemy they might not realise that they're on death's door.

Secondly is what >>386550710 said. Scorch's core is THE nuke avoider. If the enemy Titan is at less than one bar then the core will instantly kill them and the vast majority won't eject if they're not doomed, even if they see a Scorch winding up.

Actually, whilst speaking of that and Northstars, I've seen a couple of Northstars avoid a Scorch core by a well timed hover. Both times I've just been impressed. As I said, it hasn't happened often but it's something to look out for.
>>
>>386550710
>Shield upgrade
I've been playing this game fucking wrong, anon. Turbo-Ronin autists fuck my day up. I'm gonna take your advice.
>>
>want to play Titanfall 2
>but I'm scared once I touch it'll die
it happend with Titanfall 1 and I'm scared once I buy 2 same shit will happen again.
>>
>>386557314
Upgraded shield is also great against pilots. In a lot of circumstances it's better than punching.
>>
File: IWY.jpg (416KB, 1280x588px) Image search: [Google]
IWY.jpg
416KB, 1280x588px
SWEEP

THE

LEG
>>
>>386557314
Scorch is anti-Ronin for players who don't know how to play Ronin. Let him try and hit you in the face with your sword while you melt him with your shield. You'll take minimal damage while he'll get demolished. Then again, a good Ronin will understand this and stay just out of reach. Those shotgun blasts won't be a major threat to you but you don't have a lot of opportunities to land that thermite grenade. Also, Ronin can easily teleport through your core ability, which is always depressing. Try to save it for when you surprise an enemy or otherwise just on slower Titans. I've gotten myself killed so many times because I'm desperate to get off of my core and I don't even get a kill anyway.
>>
File: 1500512699470.png (1009KB, 1258x932px) Image search: [Google]
1500512699470.png
1009KB, 1258x932px
>>386557769
It's been months since it came out anon, and it's still going strong
>>
>>386559883
With Ronins timing is everything. You can count shotgun shots to know when to lower your shield and put some fire down. You can time your core to hit them when they come out of phase, or after they've used phase. Once I managed to predict (basically got lucky) where the Ronin would come out of phase, stood there and he blew up. Good fun.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.