[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think mod authors deserve monetary compensation for their work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 426
Thread images: 48

File: Bethesda.jpg (597KB, 1180x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda.jpg
597KB, 1180x1019px
Do you think mod authors deserve monetary compensation for their work?
>>
Most people on 4chan and most millennials believe in communism
>>
>>386545339
Nope. If they want to set up a donation system or something that's fine, but entering a world that has NEVER offered compensation and demanding compensation makes you a complete faggot.

If you want to get paid to make game content, get a job as a fucking dev retard.

Everybody wants to get paid hella bucks to do shit they're already doing for fun and I'm sick of it. Every fucking day there's some new faggot on youtube or patreon just doing shit they were already doing and retards throw thousands of dollars a month at them while people with real jobs are struggling to make ends meet.

This kind of shit is what makes people think the millennial generation is retarded and doesn't understand the value of a dollar.
>>
No
next
>>
>>386545585

> but entering a world that has NEVER offered compensation and demanding compensation makes you a complete faggot.
How dare football players demand money for playing the game! Before it just a hobby for fun guiz!
>>
>>386545787
The fact that it's possible to earn fat millions every year for kicking a ball is a proof that capitalism doesn't work.
>>
>>386545585
>entering a world that has NEVER offered compensation and demanding compensation makes you a complete faggot.
This is the stupidest, most infantile piece of nonsense I've seen on this fucking site in quite some time.
>>
no one wants to pay for mods after buying a game + DLC + network + network + network, even the modders, kindly fuck off.

also bethesda already know this but keep pushing it anyway. their funeral.
>>
>>386545787
Football players getting paid is just as dumb, especially considering they get paid more than most doctors who spent 10+ years in school while they couldn't pass a GED exam.

>>386545917

That's an excellent counter-point you raise, fucking fag.

WAAAAAAAHHHH STOP SAYING THINGS I DONT LIKE THAT I HAVE NO REAL RESPONSE FOR WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>386545339
No, It's not work. It's a hobby.
>>
>>386545339
Modders should be allowed to ask for donations or be open to receiving donations.

Bethesda itself should go away. What they could do is ask for volunteers from it's dev teams who want to spend time talking or working with the mod community on an informal basis.
>>
>>386545917
How?

So it would be perfectly acceptable for people who volunteer at homeless shelters to start demanding a paycheck for something they've been doing for free for years?

What about people who work for United Way? Would you be cool with them threatening to stop helping people until they get fat checks?

Fuck off nigger nobody made these assholes do this. They started because they like it or had interest in it and now they found a way to get greedy about it. Fuck them and fuck you.
>>
>>386545875
>>386546023
Kys commies

Mad others are working shitty deadend jobs like you
>>
>>386546250
Aren't*
>>
>>386546250
Says the guy who probably doesn't even have a fucking job.

>Hurrrrr anyone who thinks things that have always be free should remain free is a communist.

I'll be by later to collect the new oxygen tax for all the air you're using. If you refuse you're a communist and will be deported back to Russia.
>>
As how mods work now no, not at all, mainly because 2 reasons.
1. Most if not all mods need another mod to work, wether it is the Script Extender or some custom animation, and chances are they didn't asked for permission to the creator to use their mod to make money. Either create EVERYTHING from the ground or fuck off.
2. Mods can break the game if they are outdated or they are together with other mods. I should have the ability to refund if said mod I payed causes conflict and deson't let me play or hasn't been updated and breaks everything because of that.
>>
>>386546324
>>Hurrrrr anyone who thinks things that have always be free should remain free is a communist.
Everything was free at one point retard
>>
Bethesda done fucked up. They need to stop being so greedy and go back to making Elder Scrolls
>>
>>386545339
Of course. If you provide a product or service to other people, you should be reimbursed for it.

Which is not to say I'll be buying mods, or donating any money for people who make free mods. Just that I think it would be a good thing if someone else did. That it isn't unreasonable to ask for money for something you make.

That's how the market economy works, isn't it? People do things, for the benefit of other people, and get paid in money they can in turn spend to buy products or services for themselves.
>>
No.
Put up a donation page or look for a job in the industry.

By the way, why the fuck should Bethesda OF ALL DEVELOPERS have a right to fuck with the modding community?
And who thinks this could benefit the consumer in ANY way? A company wanting to profit from a free service?
>>
>>386545339
>implying this is not just a cashgrab made by Bethseda
>believing that those "mods" will be controlled quality and not just link armor with textures made in MS Paint
>forcing people to pay for something PC players had for 6 years already
>modders will most likely take like 10% from the price, while Bethesda will get the rest, if you could donate 100% money to the modder, most people would be fine with it
Get out with your shilling Todd. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>386545339
The Creation Club system is a much better system than the existing shit they tried to pull with the Steam Workshop, but it's still an absolutely fucking awful idea.
>>
No. It is essentially like fanfiction or fanart.

But if they receive donations for their work that is fine. But modding should not be a primary source of income. It is a hobby.
>>
Free market, if the modder's work is just his and it's of a high quality than why not try to sell it.
>>
>>386546876
>By the way, why the fuck should Bethesda OF ALL DEVELOPERS have a right to fuck with the modding community?
Its their game, are you retarded?
>>
>>386546876
>And who thinks this could benefit the consumer in ANY way?
No one.
>>
>>386546834
>Hurr we used to be hunter gatherers who didn't pay for shit

Fucking retard. Shit hasn't been "free' for a long time. First we bartered and traded, then we invented currency.

If anything, even less shit used to be free than it is now because resources were more scarce.

Learn2Human History faggot, they teach it in middle and high school.
>>
>>386546732
That's why they aren't allowing people to just port over pre-existing mods? Did you even read at all?
>>
most you faggots pretending to engage in the debate never actually engaged in the modding community to know well enough that theres clear cause for monetary support for mods

3 biggest problems i'd say is, over 50% of the money going to bethesda for doing fuck all, transparency nonexistent, and no mods actually release, so its impossible to charge a set fee, and have a set download/install file

the "minor" issues are more along the lines of corrupting your save , your game, making the game unplayable after X amount of hours

good luck trying to manage compatibility and load order on a fucking console.
>>
>>386547214
>free things should be always free
>except those things cause they havent been free for a long time
>>
You're not entitled to money for simply working on whatever in your free time.
>>
>>386547385
That literally doesn't even make sense you fucking retard.

Name five things that have been free in the past 100 years that now cost money, I'll fucking wait you little bitch.
>>
>is this paid mods?
>No, you get mods with Bethesda funbux!
>how do I get funbux?
>You buy the with real cash!
Oh Todd, you aren't even trying anymore. But then again, has he ever?

>>386545339
Assuming we are talking beth and creation club specifically.
Most of your money will go to bethesda first and modders will get a share of it, no info on how big share is and is there a catch like valve had (your mod must sell 400$ in total before you can get your 25%).
From what I understand, not all mods can be monetized. Meaning jack shit, but there might be a chance that it won't be choke-full of shoddy garbage.
Which brings up another point: beth promises quality control, but they promise a lot of things. And no word on who exactly will be doing it. Could be some random fuckheads from nexus and steam forums or beth's interns.
And last but not least: what games will be supported by this Creation Club? Fallout 4 and Skyrim? I have no interest in either. Upcoming TES or Fallout? No thanks, FO4 was so great I regret even pirating it.

If we aren't talking about bethesda's games, I don't know. There are very few good mods that worth even talking about. Stuff like Project Reality is. It can be done with donations, but it relies on user's good will, which isn't ideal.
And speaking of big mods, CS, TF, KF, Red Orchestra and assfaggots grew to their own games without paid mods.
>>
Depends.
If the mods are good, then yes, I believe it is a good incentive to make mods and having successful mods could be part of portfolio that mod creators can use to get into the industry.

However, charging 5 dollars for an OP weapon that is basically moving some numbers around in an ini file is not something I would pay for, but in fact protest against.

Then again, there is no reason why modders can't set up paypal account and charge the mods themselves rather than having the publishers take 30% or more of profit.
>>
>>386546732
The way Bethesda is proposing it, they'll basically pay some basement devs to produce shitty DLC for them. It'll have to meet certain development criteria, and then Bethesda will buy it, and sell it onwards to consumers.
Basically, instead of wasting their own time making $4.99 Horse Armor, they're hiring some nerds to do it for them. Bethesda's going to be responsible for the end product, inasmuch a corporation can be responsible with modern EULAs.
So, it won't really be like how mods work now. It remains to be seen what happens to the regular modding scene.
>>
>>386547168
You are right, Beth has the right to fuck with their own game, I put it in the wrong words.

What I meant is that if people let this shit fly other companies will be tempted to do the same, making it become the standard.
This would ultimately hurt the modding community as a whole.
Which is quite ironic, since Bethesda's games are known for requiring mods to be decent.
>>
>>386547812
Other companies are already doing worse things. Like GTAV mods getting shut down by a poorly written cease-and-desist letter.
>>
File: 1336901366681.jpg (71KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1336901366681.jpg
71KB, 300x297px
>Is creation club paid mods?
>No

>How do you get creation club mods?
>You pay
>>
File: Capture3.jpg (22KB, 268x231px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.jpg
22KB, 268x231px
Do you guys ever think we could have discussions that dont involve calling the other faggot but instead being friendly pals?
>>
>>386547578
>Then again, there is no reason why modders can't set up paypal account and charge the mods themselves rather than having the publishers take 30% or more of profit.
The benefit here is that Bethesda markets the mods. It's a lot easier to get your shit sold in the official company mod store than by word of mouth alone.
I'm not sure if it's worth whatever cut Bethesda's going to be taking, but that'll be for the modders to decide.
>>
>>386548328
truth matters not. the spin you put on it is the only thing that matters.

I'm not stabbing you to death, I'm repeatedly donating a knife to your internal organs
>>
File: 1494003293468.jpg (88KB, 776x573px) Image search: [Google]
1494003293468.jpg
88KB, 776x573px
>>386548497
>>
>>386548497
No you fucking faggot.
>>
Modding a friendly game
>Download mods
>Put them in the "mods" folder
>Select them from an in-game "mods" menu
>Play

Modding a Bethesda game
>Download a third party mod manager
>Download script extender
>Download tes4edit
>Clean core game files because Bethesda forgot
>Download and install mods
>Sort out the load order
>Run bashed patch, reproccer, lodgen and whatever else
>Run game
>Crash because of an obscure book covers of skyrim dependency or someshit
>Fix that
>Do all the bashed patches etc. again
>Run
>Play for a while
>Game collapses under its own weight in about 10 hours
OR
>Use Steam workshop
>Game collapses instantly
>>
If they want to, I don't see why not. Anyone should have the OPTION to charge for their work. That's why I didn't understand why people were so upset about paid mods on Steam.
>>
>>386545339
Modder here, donations are the only solution.
Paid mods will kill off modding.
>>
>>386549027
Just like paid video games killed off free video games? Just like paid comics killed off free comics?
>>
>>386545339

What are they doing with Creation Club anyway? They said it would launch this summer but nothing's happened yet.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38KB, 244x665px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38KB, 244x665px
>>386548891
im telling the police
>>
>Bethesda
>In charge of good content
How about no? Mod authors are infinitely better and shouldn't be governed by silver tongue Todd.
>>
>>386549101
>Trying to change the context of the argument.
>False equivalence.
>Not making a point.
>Sticking words in my mouth.
1/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>386549490
Nice buzzword greentext, buddy.
>>
File: 1467283574480.png (14KB, 824x516px) Image search: [Google]
1467283574480.png
14KB, 824x516px
>>386546245
>So it would be perfectly acceptable for people who volunteer at homeless shelters to start demanding a paycheck for something they've been doing for free for years?

The people who run the fucking homeless shelter get paid, don't they? And feeding the homeless is a lot different from making fucking mods for a video game you ape.
>>
File: 1475673217851.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
1475673217851.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
Bethesda is the new EA. Expect the worst in the coming years.
>>
>>386549101
I guess you find yourself pretty witty or something but that analogy doesn't really make much sense if you know anything about comics, video games or mods.
>>
>>386550039
>digital medium with corporate backing still has people who creates content for free
Huh, that's videogames, comics, and mods
>>
File: IMG_1491.jpg (186KB, 623x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1491.jpg
186KB, 623x740px
>>386550114
Yeah and video games and comics didn't start off as free unlike mods. Your analogy crumbles if you think about their history for more than one second. Fuck off you contrarian retard.
>>
>>386550268
But that's wrong, you idiot. Do you even know history? The first video games were pet project that peopled played FOR FREE. The first printed comic strips were given away FOR FREE
>>
Reminder that Doom is owned by Zenimax and the author of Brutal Doom has a Patreon.
>>
>>386545875
You act like they don't work hard to commit to sports and a healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>386550689
And?
>>
>>386550862
Just imagine the shitshow, where even Romero is involved.
>>
File: tbh.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>386548497
>>
File: aroojiobrow.gif (251KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
aroojiobrow.gif
251KB, 500x377px
>>386545339

Absolutely not. People that modify game files or add/create textures should do so knowing they are making the game to their own tastes in a small way. If they want to upload that mod for others to enjoy, that is entirely up to them and there are plenty of free places to host said mods.

The 'big modders should be paid' divided the modding community hard a couple of years ago and ruined a lot of partnerships and community work because some people wanted fiscal compensation and others didn't. If you want to be fiscally compensated for your work- go make original works on an original IP. Make a mod that's so good, you get hired by the development team. Everyone who is trying to turn their casual hobby into an extra way to make money is ruining the video games industry.

We already have micro-transactions. Paid cosmetic DLC. We have episodic content, and games being cut into two pieces to make more money after it's been fully fleshed out. We're losing dedicated servers in favor of corporate-controlled ones, and more than ever DRM is making it difficult to modify and install games across multiple systems. On top of all of this anti-consumerism, paid mods? Fuck off.
>>
>>386552921
/Thread
I've seen someone trying to justify this with "but making youtube videos is a hobby and people make money for it", which really doesn't work, when you don't pay to watch videos.
>>
>>386553508
YouTube has ads, if those are blocked people still have to get $$$ through uncomfortable and forced talking about sponsors, it's television all over again.
>>
>>386545339
Sure, but the game studio that made the game shouldn't be taking a cut and essentially using mod authors as extremely cheap labor and mouth pieces for their company.
>>
>>386545339
As a modder, no, and anyone who looks for money when they mod is a cunt. It's about loving the game and contributing to the community, not your ego or your wallet.
>>
File: 1485059455359.png (197KB, 427x443px) Image search: [Google]
1485059455359.png
197KB, 427x443px
>>386545339
>"Is creation club paid mods?"
>"No."
>proceeds to explain how to pay for it
>>
>>386550584
Dude like the first artwork was on cave walls FOR FREE. Fucking capitalists amirite?
>>
>>386545339
mod authors deserve some, if it's good.
Game owners don't
>>
>>386545339
Absolutely I think they do.
Do I like Bethesda trying to bend me over a barrel and force it down my throat? No. Do I appreciate their corporate doubletalk? Fuck no. Do I like the fact their games are getting lighter and lighter on actual content and this will be even more of a crutch for them to half-ass it? Like hell.
How about QA? If I'm paying for a mod, I'll be expecting it to be worth more then a few global tweaks I could make in the editor myself. What examples did they choose to demonstrate the high level of quality content we can expect from their 'It's not paid mods'?
A dwarven texture pasted onto a goddamn crab. Well let me just go get my goddamn wallet then, that's sure as shit modding worth paying for right there.
Let's not forget how poorly managed the Bethesda.net modding was and still is, either. Is this their idea of satisfactory curation? Or are they trying to poison the river to make their bottled water look better by comparison? Either way is a pretty shitty prospect.
Oh, and what percentage do they wanna take of the profit, exactly? They've sure made it hard to find out, between using bethesda funbux and making everyone who joins up sign an NDA. Gee, I wonder why they'd want to keep their cut private. They only wanted 45% of the original paid mods - AFTER Valve had taken their 30%. How much is going to the modder that is going to be doing at least 95% of the work?
And ya'know, the sad part is, there are plenty of companies I would actually trust to do paid mods. Show me the FROM and CD Projekt creation clubs, and and I'll support that shit 100%. But this is Bethesda - the same company that gave us Horse Armour. The same company that re-released a five year old game with a texture pack that wasn't as good as half the shit floating around the modding community and didn't even fix the bugs. The same company that tried to push through Paid Mods in the first place.
>>
File: greenlexluthor.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
greenlexluthor.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
It would be more accurate to say I don't believe Bethesda should receive money for the work modders do to make their broken bug riddled games playable.
>>
File: gowser.png (244KB, 748x924px) Image search: [Google]
gowser.png
244KB, 748x924px
>>386545339
Quite frankly, I don't think Bethesda themselves "deserve" monetary compensation for their work.
>>
>>386557434
but it wasn't free my man you had to get into their cave. Shit they'd fuck you up if you weren't apart of their crew
>>
>>386557892
>trusting ANY corporations
Why would you do that?
>>
>>386558095
This exactly.
Everyone just knows that when they release a new game and the Creation Club starts making mods for it, first mods made will be bug fixes and patches. Bethesda shouldn't get a single dime of money for that since they couldn't even bother fixing it themselves, it would just encourage them to keep releasing half finished games as "modders will fix it, and we get paid for them to do so."
>>
>>386545339
Can't wait to pay for buggy low quality mods
>>
>>386558646
According to the few people we know who are in it, you can only make content mods.
>>
Instead of being paid for their models, programmers and artists who produce top tier quality work should receive official accreditation from the developers that can be used on their resume for when they look for actual employment.
>>
File: whatlevelofmoddingareyouon.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
whatlevelofmoddingareyouon.webm
3MB, 800x450px
good goy pay more
>>
>>386545339
i do, and i think bethesda should be footing that bill. they shouldn't make more money off someone else's work, especially if it's work they already benefit from. mods attract customers and sells games, in bethesda's case it quite literally is the selling point for a certain chunk of customers. bethesda trying to get even MORE money from that is scummy.

even if you believe what they say about it being outsourced work instead of paid mods, they're still using the time and talent of these modders to make paid content.

>modder works on a free mod = free mod gets released

>modder works on creation club content instead = free mod they could have worked on does not get worked on

they say they're not taking anything away from the modding community but if this goes as planned then they absolutely are, they might not be taking CURRENTLY EXISTING mods and making them paid content but they're taking talented modders and making all their FUTURE mods paid content.
>>
I hate this discussion between the term "modding" is so wide. It stretches from a kid using DX ripper to take models from other games and shoving them in Garry's mod to someone making original content. The former should never be paid for obvious reasons. The later can be treated like any other paid job and if it's high quality enough to sell then there's no reason why you can't. You don't want money and do it for passion? Then continue to work for free like you always could.
>>
>>386558982
>these modders aren't making things for free anymore

That sounds actually entitled
>>
>>386558949

Decent Fallout 3 mod you got there. Graphics sure haven't upgraded since 2008 huh? When is Bethesda going to make an engine that can handle more than 15 NPC's?
>>
File: 1501745707952.jpg (7KB, 155x177px) Image search: [Google]
1501745707952.jpg
7KB, 155x177px
>a multibillion dollar international company tries to turn something thats been free for years into a paid thing while taking a cut
>people like OP ACTUALLY believe that the whole concept was conceived with anything aside from the companies interests in mind
>we have this thread ever other week

its like im living in fucking bizarro world
>>
Bethesta should pay modders for fixing their games, would never have bought any of their broken messes otherwise.
>>
>>386559235
Never because they argue gamebryo is easy to mod and they know mods are a huge selling point for a chunk of their customers.
>>
>>386559298
It's worse in the /fog/ Trainwiz has people sucking CCs dick and arguing that it won't have any impact on game quality or content down the road.
>>
File: almightyloaf.jpg (45KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
almightyloaf.jpg
45KB, 500x531px
>>386559167

>The entitlement argument

Modders should not feel entitled to modifying and editing another corporations product and get compensation for it. Modders are not entitled to produce or make mods or upload them or let us download them. But for two generations, we've been doing so. It's a community thing. You should know all about communities, right, Jew?
>>
>>386559298
Apparently they hire the modders and they receive normal benefits that contractors would get, and they did this for all their games prior, just with other studios.
>>
>>386559436
Of course he would say that, didn't he get accepted as one of its modders?
>>
>>386559436
Well he's right. He doesn't make mods anymore in the first place.
>>
>>386559517
Yes and no one puts fucking two and two together. Hell Buffscale even stopped arguing against it because "Trainwiz explained it to me and it doesn't sound that bad" or some shit.
>>
>meanwhile in stalker modding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0Smkm6-8w&t=
>>
>>386559630
Okay, so what has he explained it as?
>>
>>386545339
if anyone says "no" but paid for KOTOR2 and/or New Vegas then they are contraarian
>>
>>386545339
The mod community has always been about improving on a game you love as a hobby. Modders have always collaborated and worked with eachother.

Bringing in money ruins this dynamic, as we've seen with Valve's botched attempt. The mod community was at eachother's throats. Beth's new attempt is a little less retarded, but there's still the simple fact that people don't want to pay for mods. If you were to start suddenly telling me to pay for something that's always been open and free I'm gonna tell you to fuck off.

That being said, hard work should have some sort of compensation, but with mediums like patreon allowing independent artists to make a living, what Bethesda is suggesting just comes off as a ploy to make money by doing very little, with no regard to how it will affect the health of the mod community.
>>
File: will.gif (2MB, 470x437px) Image search: [Google]
will.gif
2MB, 470x437px
>>386545339
>is it paid mods?
>no
>here's how you pay for these mods
Bethesda just can't stop lying can they?
>>
>>386559630
If trainwiz is doing things I might actually be interested.
>>
>>386559680
That I know of neither gave that explanation, Trainwiz has just defended it and now Buff stopped joining those arguing against it. It's been a while since anyone has brought it up because it's pointless to do so anymore
>>
File: 1353900235225.jpg (850KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1353900235225.jpg
850KB, 2560x1600px
>>386559630
>Buffscale even stopped arguing
>yfw Buffscale becomes a CC modder
Now console players can experience his legend.
>>
Nobody "deserves" compensation, they fucking earn it.
>>
>>386559794
>The mod community has always been about improving on a game you love as a hobby. Modders have always collaborated and worked with eachother.

Except most modders also aim to get jobs in the industry and do so.
>>
>>386559743

A developer being allowed to create a fresh story and experience within an established IP is so different from even a quest-content mod in so many ways that it's frankly mind-boggling that you would attempt the argument. You actually have to be mentally retarded or underaged to think that KOTOR II or New Vegas can be compared to mods.
>>
>>386559887
So why not go ask them?
>>
>>386559971
New Vegas was basically just a glorified quest mod though. It was no different from Enderal.
>>
>>386559235
graphics looks ok with mods, also that isn't f3. It's fallout 3 in new vegas's engine. I can go from the Mojave to the wasteland and back.
>>
File: jewell.jpg (33KB, 541x563px) Image search: [Google]
jewell.jpg
33KB, 541x563px
>>386546972
>>386547012
Steam Workshop paid mods were Jewell's idea.
>>
>>386559916
Nobody is blocking them from doing that.
Your point?
>>
File: lelia.jpg (98KB, 570x667px) Image search: [Google]
lelia.jpg
98KB, 570x667px
>>386545339
>"Is creation club paid mods?"
>"no."
>>
People fail to realize the painfully obvious. This was never about modders being compensated, it was about Bethesda getting paid for the modders' work.
>>
>>386560015
>>386559887
>>386559630
According to trainwiz
>modders are hired and go through a process like a normal job and are considered to be working for bethesda
>modders submit pitches which get approved or denied, generally retain full control and submit anything as long as it is content based, they shoot down bugfixes and patches
>modder is then given a team of bethesda employees and access to resources to make their thing
>bethesda gives constant QA feedback
>>
>>386559916
>Except most modders also aim to get jobs in the industry and do so.

Citation needed. But regardless, that's a different issue. If a modder wants to break into the industry, good for them. The mod community has never been about making money.

Sure some mods end up prepackaged as standalone games, but again that's a different issue entirely.
>>
>>386560496
>Citation needed.
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, the guy that made Falskaar is a level designer at Bungie. Trainwiz works at a studio, Oscuro was hired by Obsidian. There's more examples probably.
>>
>>386560472
>People fail to realize the painfully obvious.

No, everyone realised it and that's why the backlash was so huge.
>>
>>386545875
Yeah, let's just give all the profits made from TV contracts, sports items revenues, stadium tickets etc to all the sports team owners, and not the athletes that dedicate their whole life to perfecting their skills at said sport.
>>
>>386560495
So it not technically mods anymore?
>>
>>386560961
Every DLC is technically a mod.
>>
>>386560665
>the guy that made Falskaar is a level designer at Bungie
>Level designer

Falskaar looked like a shitty RTS map
>>
>>386561189
Yeah, and Destiny was shitty in terms of maps, so hey.
>>
>>386560495
Does that mean that the modders are basically directors for DLC?
>>
>>386561430
More or less. The quality is definitely going to be really hit and miss though.
>>
>>386560472
But if you can trick people into arguing a different narrative then they wont talk about the actual issue
>>
>>386545339
Not if it's going to cost the entire global community's integrity, mindset and already-existing variety, not to mention aiding Bethesda's (among others') laziness. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

And by "fix" I mean "we're only doing this because we wanna siphon money out of content-creators and players, done, sweet, now onto designing the next money-scheme". I'd rather not see fans become no better than the execs behind AAA games' season pass lootcrate microtransaction DLC cut-content.
>>
>>386545339
Some of them do. If they want to sell their content, i am perfectly fine with this. However, i do not owe them the purchase by default.

>>386546732
This. Also, shitload of mods uses copyrighred content. Nobody gives a fuck cause they are free and are made just for fun. Profit, however, is the whole other song.
>>
>>386545443
>if you aren't for being fucked by corporations, you're for being fucked by totalitarian governments!

Black-and-white thinking with no middle-grounds like this is why the Jews are winning.
>>
>>386545339
People can charge money for whatever they want.
>>
>>386546094
Could be a full time hobby if they got payed for it which is what everyone hopes their work will be
>>
>>386545339
No. But Bethesda and others gaming companies should give them jobs and hire them for future projects/games.

The idea of modding it's not just to fix the game but to leave something that says " I did something, this is what I am capable off".

It would be a great thing when companies start to hire this creative programers and not the same the turds.
>>
>>386562368
>But Bethesda and others gaming companies should give them jobs and hire them for future projects/games.

They did.
>>
>>386562421
They did hire sjw turds. They ruin everything.

The white people that are anti-white are the worst.
>>
>>386560114

Protip kid: New vegas and 3 are made on the same engine. You meant to say Fallout 4 engine, which is the same as 3's, New Vegas, Skyrim...
>>
>>386560665
Team
Fucking
Fortress

Counter
Fucking
Strike
>>
>>386562591
>They did hire sjw turds.

???
>>
>>386545339
is creation club paid mods?
>no! mods are free!!!
alright how do I get yours?
>by using credits in our marketplace
how do I get credits though?
>you buy them! :D
>>
>You will pirate mods in your lifetime
>You will pirate patches in your lifetime
>You will pirate drivers in your lifetime
>>
File: looweejee.jpg (226KB, 2450x1382px) Image search: [Google]
looweejee.jpg
226KB, 2450x1382px
Only for major game-conversions comparable to being a new game in their own right. Efforts like that deserve something good.

Anything less and it becomes the same DLC-bullshit all over again, not to mention thievery, chasing the same appeals, backstabbing within teams, quick-buck mods, and a general community-tone change will dominate the hubs (all of which happened during Valve's 1-2 week attempt), it didn't motivate anywhere near as many people to shoot for the top as previously hoped for.

Plus it'll be under a strict system that forbids anything incompatible with consoles (so no script-extenders or ultra-anything, also have fun dealing with Sony) or anything sexual or "controversial", and bugs will be further encouraged so some saps can mod-fix them for more money.
>>
>>386563290
>Anything less and it becomes the same DLC-bullshit all over again, not to mention thievery, chasing the same appeals, backstabbing within teams, quick-buck mods

That'd only happen if anyone could submit mods for this.
>>
File: bilberberg group.jpg (2MB, 3434x2959px) Image search: [Google]
bilberberg group.jpg
2MB, 3434x2959px
>>386563060

Everything is interconnected layers of services embedded onto each other. Stop fighting, just accept that 'consumers rights' is just double-talk for communists and SJW's! Fair business practices is whatever makes me the most amount of money by doing the least amount of work!
>>
>>386545339
A donation system is fine.
But having Bethesda receive a big portion is pretty bullshit. Sneaky cunts with their Creation Club bullshit
>>
>>386563420
Even if it's optional and for proven-modders (for now, gotta make it look "better" than Attempt #1), encourage the market-shaping attempt enough and it soon becomes the only way. We all know Bethesda's end goal with this.

You pull the weeds out before they can grow and pollinate further.
>>
>>386561965
Nice trick kike
This is how you fool today's generations...by dragging them through the middle before turning them into leftist nuts gradually.
>>
>>386564037
>for now

Why would any company hire a random nobody with no experience?
>>
>>386560665
Wow a few random outliers in a community of tens of thousands. Sure proved hat "most" modders get jobs on the industry.
>>
>>386564064
Funny thing, I was a lefty-turned-middle because of how all those little early "SJW" annoyances turned into shit like Antifa and cultural-marxism, and in some cases just marxism pushes period.

For the longest time I though you couldn't out-stupid the far-right. Boy have the tides turned this generation.
>>
>>386550726
That still doesn't warrant the amount of pay they make.
>>
>>386545585
While I would agree with this on general, in Bethesda's case the fan's mods are pretty much partly responsible for making the games a success(at least on PC)
>>
>>386545339
I don't care about "deserve". I care about cause and effect. And the effect that this would have on gaming is awful.
>>
>>386545339

If Bethesda has a separate program of its own that exists outside the modding community, then it doesn't really pose a problem, unless they get in some modder who likes to rip free mods, insert them to his own mod and then charge money for it.
>>
>>386564226
There's a lot more examples, those are the ones off the top of my head.
And even if it's a couple hundred out of thousands (it's almost as if most people are amateurs who suck), so what? This is literally how it's been since the dawn of mods. You always hear about modders becoming professionals or going on to make their own games. What do you think modding is?
>>
>>386564183
Ask Bioware when she made that cosplayer head animator. Or Todd when he made his cousin or something head designer.
>>
>>386564183
It won't be "hiring" if it turns into straight paid-mods down the road. Right now is the first step of the weening process: telling people it's the opposite of Paid Mods and only approved modders get in.

If you can't learn from how Horse Armor worked similarly (and from the same damn people), there's little more I can tell you.
>>
>>386548328
They aren't paid mods. They're DLC, you silly goy.
>>
>>386564523
It's a couple hundred out of millions if we want to go into the modding community as a whole. It's statistically insignificant.
>>
File: Berserk.jpg (52KB, 651x421px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk.jpg
52KB, 651x421px
>>386545339
nope
>>
>>386564696
You're saying that bethesda will just let anyone put in any mods without any oversight? That's a slippery slope fallacy, especially after the disaster the previous one was.
>>
>>386564276
Alt right are children anon, remember where you are.
>>
>>386564183
>>386564583
Bethesda isn't exactly known for having high standards of quality or testing, too.
>>
>>386564481
Heh don't worry they already got Eli and his legion of white knights
>>
>>386564784
>millions
There are only around 50k mods on even Skyrim, the most popular of them.
>>
>>386564583
That's nepotism. It's hard for nepotism to exist when the person applying would be a random nobody.
>>
>>386564226

>Wow a few random outliers in a community of tens of thousands.

That goes with any amateur community. Look at the current Steam game charts and top 5 most played games currently 4 out of 5 began as mods and fifth was a game made by modders. Some of the most popular video games EVER were created either from a mod, or were part of genre created by a mod.
>>
>>386564823

Micro-transactions. Paid cosmetic DLC. We have episodic content, and games being cut into two pieces to make more money after it's been fully fleshed out. We're losing dedicated servers in favor of corporate-controlled ones, and more than ever DRM is making it difficult to modify and install games across multiple systems. On top of all of this anti-consumerism, paid mods.

We are already slipping down the slope, buddy.
>>
>>386564881

Who's Eli? Some modder who stole some other modders content and charged money for it?
>>
>>386564945
>modding community as a whole
>muh skairim
Try again faggot.
>>
>>386565076
The guy originally said most modders get hired into the industry. He's full of shit and that was my point.
>>
>>386565190
>modding community as a whole
That's still not millions by any matter, why are you pulling numbers out of your ass?
>>
>>386565178
Elianora uses free content put out by other modders, arranges it into house mods then cashes in on it for donations and recognition.
>>
>>386564823
>without any oversight?
There'll be oversight weeding out any "unnapproved mods", obvious stolen mods or straight-up non-functioning uploads, yes.

Beyond that they aren't going to give any more fucks than they do with their base game. Everything done during the first attempt can easily happen still (although "thieves" will just become "copycats") and the community will most definitely be affected for the worst.
>>
>>386545339
No.
Bethesda should hire people if they need people to create content.
This Creation Club is the next step in modern slavery, with 'Uberisation' and alike.
>>
>>386565268
And most modders wouldn't even get the chance to do paid mods in the first place. The modders that collaborated and worked with passion are almost always in the industry or making games.
>>
>>386545339
Man are they really that passionate about killing the mod community? No matter how you word this it's basically paid mods
>>
>>386565376
>Bethesda should hire people if they need people to create content.

They did.
>>
>>386565293
This coming from someone so ignorant about said community that they honk most modders get hired to do dev work.
>>
>>386565493
What a reading comprehension.
Really.
I'm impressed.
>>
>>386565419
When there's money to be made, especially with how mods are a constant of Bethesda games and in some instances a requirement, companies will try to muscle their way in through one way or another
>>
>>386565557
Yet the better ones, the ones even you think of, do get hired as devs.
>>
Depends on the quality of the work in question. If it's some shoddily slapped together piece of garbage then I see little to no reason to put money into it.
>>
>>386565623
U wot m8
>>
>>386545339
Yeah, bethesda shouldn't.

You could argue that bethesda should be the ones paying modders to fix their broken games.
>>
>>386545339
I think Bethesda needs to figure out how to monetize single player games, or Todd will no longer be able to make them anymore.
>>
>supporting paid mods
>ever
It was never about the modders, useful idiots in this sense. The companies take most of the profit.
Not to mention the last bunch of games i'd ever pay for mods are Bethesda games.
>>
>>386545443
how is mod creation "communism".
A common tactic for people is to release a free version of their work when they're learning an art in order to advertise themselves. It's a good way to learn. Hell, it's been a common practice basically forever when it comes to any kind of craftsmanship.
>>
File: 1490789146193.jpg (143KB, 647x656px) Image search: [Google]
1490789146193.jpg
143KB, 647x656px
>>386545339
>If you like it please donate
Wow.

The only reason Beth and steam etc are trying to spin this as a "issue" or that modders are not getting their respected cash, is because they want a part of it.
>remember the 6 gorrilian unpaid modders!!!
>btw we take 70%
Disgusting.
>>
>>386564293
Does it not? Most of the people who make "gross" amounts of money as you people put it, are literal freaks of nature. They aren't only physically gifted, but naturally gifted as well.

Also you have to consider the fact that they are only able to play the sport at a high level until what? Their mid 30s? After that what do they do? They get to live off the money they made when they played.
>>
>>386545339
No because they don't go into it as a means of providing food and shelter. If you want to give money as appreciation thats fine
>>
>>386565660
That is not most, or even a significant portion. Learn the meanings of words.
>>
from Bethesda ye sure, at that point they're a freelance developer and i have no issues with that.
>>
>>386565660
If you honestly think someone will get hired after making mods for a gamebryo game, then I have some real estate by the beach to sell to you.
>>
>large fraction of players using mods download up to hundreds
>now telling them to pay for each one, on top of no more script-extenders

Sounds fun p-ham.
>>
>>386566405
>If you honestly think someone will get hired after making mods for a gamebryo game
Do you live under a rock? Many already have.
>>
>>386565859
>People releasing mods for free is advertising
No it isn't you fucking retard, and it has literally never been the case until gen z retards came along and starting making shit mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4.
>>
File: 1396666118304.jpg (22KB, 479x339px) Image search: [Google]
1396666118304.jpg
22KB, 479x339px
>make mod
>bethesda and valve take the 75% of every "sale"
>if my mod broke another mod from the gorillions that exist i have to offer the full refund myself
Defend this pcbros.
>>
>>386566405
Most actual professional devs aren't going to give a shit about whether or not you worked in gamebryo you realize. I mean the Falskaar guy ended up working for bungie.
>>
>>386566461
Name 1 (one)
>>
>>386545339
Nope. The mod community was functioning just fine before Bethesda decided to stick their jewish hands in it.
>>
>>386566461
>This is true for one or two people, who are actually known for making mods for other games, therefore it is true for everyone else
My beachside real estate is still available anon.
>>
>>386566581
Trainwiz.
>>
>>386565859
He's one of those who thinks having any consumer-rights is equal to electing Stalin or taxing people to death.

Kinda like those SJW's who think business-rights equals alt-right racism.
>>
>>386566638
Hi Trainwiz. Please fuck off.
>>
>>386566563
Yes they will if all you've ever done is make mods for a shit game engine.
>>
>>386566630
>one or two people
Many more than that, one or two are just the modders people actually know around here.
>>
>Bethesda and Steam will make modding profitable for themselves while the modders do all the work

TOP 10 ANIME JEWISH TRICKS
>>
>>386545339
I love how the popular youtubers actually defended this shit.
>>
>>386566714
Name them.
>>
>>386566695
>give an example
>REEEEEEEE

Good job fucko.
>>
>>386566793
>falling for bait
Trainwiz pls
>>
>>386566793
Daily reminder having x years of experience making mods for Fallout is the equivalent of havinng x years of experience at a community college.
>>
>>386564064
the middle never wins
>>
>>386566790
Aerelorn, jediborg, Falskaar guy, Trainwiz, Oscuro, Milenia, DDProductions, Timeslip, arkoola, to start with.
>>
>>386567162
Speaking from experience are we?
>>
>>386545443
Most people on 4chan are alt-right, conservative, or libertarian in my experience, with some nazis and communists mixed in.
>>
>>386561606
It already is, though. In both unlicensed mods and official DLC.
>>
>>386557563
If you were to write and publish a book based in the Star Wars universe, does the creator of Star Wars deserve money for your right to use their universe? Why is modding different in this regard if so?
>>
>>386565307

If thats true, thats the stuff that can break modding communities. Problem is not that one gets money and one does not, the problem is some modder can just outright steal a mod, rename it and call it his own and then charge money for it. And under Bethesda's protection he can just keep doing this, leeching off the life and creativity out of the community he steals from.
>>
>>386566710
Actually most employers look at the fact you've finished projects and have solid download numbers, tools be damned. Nothing wrong with gamebryo anyway, there are worse hells to be in.
>>
>>386547241
>most you faggots pretending to engage in the debate never actually engaged in the modding community to know well enough that theres clear cause for monetary support for mods
That's funny, because the vast majority of the modding community is actually *against* paid mods.
>>
>>386567640
The first time they tried it yes, this time not so much.
>>
>>386567421
Alternative hypothesis: Most people on 4chan do not rub their political views in everyone's face. On an anonymous forum, there is no real way to gauge the political views of someone who is too moderate to talk about them.
>>
>>386545443
what makes you say that? the only thing that's free in a communist system is a bullet or the bus ride to a work camp
>>
>>386545339
>Do you think mod authors deserve monetary compensation for their work?
The moment they get paid for that shit is the moment when mods will become half-assed and shit. Not only that
>skyrim_mod_compilation.torrent
Modders will fuck over themselves as soon as they get paid.
>>
File: 1426418563811.png (490KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
1426418563811.png
490KB, 600x850px
I didn't pay for Skyrim or F4. What makes modders think I'd pay for mods for those games?
>>
>>386564276
>For the longest time I though you couldn't out-stupid the far-right
That's always been a giant lie and continues to be even to this day with all the kike media besmirching Trump's name.
>>
>>386547385
>>386547385
Still waiting on you to name five things that were free within the past 100 years that now cost money

Do it you little bitch.
>>
>>386567913
Most mods are already half assed and shit.
>>
>>386567301
Those are people who've done modding in other games too and some game development in their own time. Try again.
>>386567616
>It says here you're skilled with throwing a stick. You seem like the prime candidate for our rivet welder position!
>>
>>386565119

>anti-consumerism

Yeah that's pretty much joined 'fascism' in meaning "anything I don't like".

You could always try something crazy.. like being slightly responsible and not buying something if you think the terms of sale are unfair.

But no, you'd rather blog about being a victim of dem ebil corporations
>>
How much would you pay for this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9eRDKqyXbs
>>
>"Oh hey guys, I'm new to this modding community but here's a mod I've been working for quite a while now, a better atmospheric weather system with storms and stuff."
>"Wow, what a cool mod! I'm going to take this to my own mod, people will pay a lot of money for this for sure!"
>"Wait, what did you say?"
>"Aaaand done. Oh and by the way remove your mod or I'll call Bethesda to sue your ass, you can buy the official version of my new storm mod if you want to tinker with it."
>"But thats my..."
>"No it isn't, not anymore."

Wow, I can see how this is a great improvement on modding communities! And before someone goes "nobody would be that much of an asshole", if money is involved then this is definitely going to happen at some point.
>>
Only if my money goes 100% to the mod maker.
>>
>>386568476
Only if the mod maker uses 100% his own software and development tools.
>>
>>386568230
>Those are people who've done modding in other games too and some game development in their own time. Try again.

Actually not really. Velicky only ever did Bethesda mods, Jediborg had no training either.
Also again, engine really doesn't matter. A released project still shows an aptitude for problem solving and basic design, and people in the actual industry don't really give a shit about whether or not you did in Gamebryo (the whole engine elitism in general doesn't really exist, except for people not wanting to use CryEngine. And even then if you've worked in CryEngine you tend to get a mix of pity and respect for your masochism)
>>
>>386567984
Trump isn't even really a Rep, but the others were dumb enough to accept him to begin with.
>>
>>386568530

Then I'll never pay for mods.
>>
>>386567498
Would Bethesda actually protect him, though? They have better things to do with their corporate lawyers.
Like, if they wanted to steal a mod and send a vat-grown cyberpunk hitman after the original author, they could do that now, with far finer control over the PR. Letting some ego-tripping shitstain into the loop just means they need to deal with twitter drama in addition to the legal fallout.
>>
>>386568549
I'm the exception therefore I'm the rule!

t. You
>>
>>386568675
Do you actually work in the game industry?
>>
>>386568719
Funny enough, I have. It's a shit industry and I left ASAP.
>>
>>386568675
That's not really the exception by any means though. I'm not sure why you would think that.
>>
>>386568674

Why wouldn't they? Some random modder doing stuff for free isn't going to win any case because its still ultimately their IP. So if its a Bethesda-sanctioned modder and mod, that modder can steal as much shit from free mods as they want.

Only negative thing would be that it would obviously get seen as a shitty behaviour and ultimately discourage the modding community to continue when someone just outright makes money off of them without their consent.
>>
I'm sure they'll really appreciate the 5 dollars they get after the dev and publisher take 95% of the take
>>
>>386568363
Everybody in this website could collectively avoid buying DLC/anything unfair and the mass of idiots who still do will turn them profits nonetheless. Hell, the gamblers in mobileshit take up a small percentage of players yet still motivate the billions of apps to be gacha-shit.

Also if you can't recognize an increase in mental-exploitation (which yes, starts with the producer) between say Horse Armor and now, you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>386568765
Really, where at?
>>
>>386568821
>Less than 1% of all modders get jobs in the industry
>I'm not the exception!
Consider suicide. If you want money make a fucking game cunt.
>>
>>386545339
I do in theory so long as mod creators have the option of setting their price at "free" if they choose, but in practice the system will be designed to screw over the actual mod creators so Bethesda and Valve can rake in more money for zero work.
>>
>>386568409
You can already do that, though. And Bethesda can't even possess your balls over a contract violation, since you don't have a contract with Bethesda.
>>
>>386568549
You're not looking at other factors and blindly assuming.
The average shitter making mods for Todd will not be doing anything more anytime soon. Saying otherwise is like some retarded 5 year old that thinks him shooting hoops in his yard will mean that someday he'll be a professional sports player.
>>
>>386568921
A startup called Tri-Fold studios a few years ago. I was on board for programming all the shit Unity can't do out of the box for physics and logic.
>>
File: donationbutton.png (363KB, 993x193px) Image search: [Google]
donationbutton.png
363KB, 993x193px
Sure!
>>
>>386568946
I am making games.
Also only a small percentage of people applying to the game industry get in the first place. Besides, you said that people wouldn't get hired after making mods for a gamebryo game, when they clearly do.
>>
>>386569031
your average shitter doesn't go anywhere in the first place.
>>
>>386569197
I said MOST don't get hired BECAUSE OF THEIR MODS you utterly illiterate mongoloid. Fucking Christ you are stupid.
>>
>>386569005

>You can already do that, though.

Difference is you can return the favor and just steal back stuff from his mod without repercussions. When money gets involved, then you have Bethesda-sanctioned modders profiting from ripping off non-monetizing mods and getting the legal protection from Bethesda if somebody tries to steal his mod.

The system relies too much on good faith to work. Bethesda basically has to be vigilant as fuck with the paid modders and not allow this behaviour at all, insta-removing a modder who is proven to have stolen someone else's mods.
>>
if they want to charge for it, i think they should be able to.

but i don't think bethshit should get a dime for it.
>>
>>386569298
>I said MOST don't get hired BECAUSE OF THEIR MODS

Why would an employer turn someone down because they made mods for a specific game?
>>
>>386548497
But anon, if you call the other guy in the discussion a bad name you instantly gain fame and credibility while automatically disproving all the other guys points! It only shows what an intelligent and creative individual you are.

No, seriously, I don't know. It's a waste of time and only makes everyone look like angry teenagers who watched too much southpark.
>>
>>386569298
>nodev arguing with an actual dev
Lol
>>
>>386569380
Holy fucking shit, learn to read. The kids are not a factor in their hiring, and certainly don't get them the job. I will honestly but you a gun right now if you promise to kill yourself so nobody ever had to deal with your sub-70IQ ass ever again.
>>
>>386569298
Maybe if you were applying for say, a programming position, but not as much for a design position.
>>
>>386569496

Its like you're saying amateur soccer doesn't matter to professional scene because most kids kicking the ball in their backyards will never make it that far. But the fact is every pro soccer player initially started as that kid kicking the ball in their backyard.
>>
>>386569496
>certainly don't get them the job
If a mod is well known and has a lot of downloads, of course it would.
>>
>>386568863
>Why wouldn't they?
Because there's very little financial incentive for them to do so?
Again, if Bethesda wanted to steal mods, they could do so without contracting a different modder for 30% of the profits. Take everything Trainwiz has made, release it as DLC for thirty bucks, and send Trainwiz a stack of C&Ds to shut him up. They're not doing this.
It's difficult to actually WIN a lawsuit against a team of corporate lawyers, but that doesn't mean corporations want lawsuits. Nor do they want to lose what remains of their reputation. There's a difference between releasing a shoddy product, and outright stealing.
>>
>>386569496
Falskaar was shit and got the guy the job. If something is popular it's going to get noticed regardless of what it was made in.
>>
>>386569553
Trainwiz, are paid mods canon?
>>
>>386545787
Because professional football for a registered team at sporting events is the same thing as kicking a ball around at the park? There's no professional gaming, there's no professional modding.
>>
File: doomtrain.jpg (475KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doomtrain.jpg
475KB, 1920x1080px
>>386569858
Yes.
>>
>>386545339
Sure, I can't see why not. Still pirating mods feels good.
>>
>>386569276
Then stop using the exception as the rule you mongol.
>>
They do not DESERVE money but they are free to charge or ask for donations.

I believe paid mods will not help the community, however, and is just another cash grab for Bethesda. Bethesda doesn't care about gamers.
>>
>>386569947
>There's no professional gaming,
eSports

>there's no professional modding.
It's called game development.
>>
File: 4983479234890423.jpg (14KB, 283x261px) Image search: [Google]
4983479234890423.jpg
14KB, 283x261px
I don't have a problem with financially supported talented mod makers, it's just that this basically gives Bethesda money for no work on their part
>>
>>386570026
>muh exceptions to the rule
Anyone getting into the game industry is an exception.
Face it, people get hired because they make mods for Bethesda games.
>>
>>386569964
Welp time to max up my shitposting again.
Also daily reminder you have a personal blog.
USE IT YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>>
>>386570071
>eSports
Not professional or even a recognised thing for that matter, also requires no more skill than regular gaming, unlike playing for a registered team at a league.
>It's called game development.
I don't think you know what modding actually is.
>>
>>386569691

>It's difficult to actually WIN a lawsuit against a team of corporate lawyers, but that doesn't mean corporations want lawsuits.

And they resolve all possibilities of this by simply updating their ToS. They have very little financial incentive to protect their modders but its still more incentive than actively monitoring or condemning whether those same modders are stealing shit or not.
>>
>>386545339
I don't believe Bethesda deserves money for mod authors' work.
>>
>>386545339
Yeah sure why not, however I don't agree with the Bethesda's model were they are probably going to get as big a cut as the modder and I would never pay for a mod under a system like it
>>
>>386550726
>healthy lifestyle
Depending on the sport, the career could mean the opposite. No amount of money is worth brain damage, and I would never let my child play American football.
>>
>>386569301
>Bethesda basically has to be vigilant as fuck with the paid modders and not allow this behaviour at all, insta-removing a modder who is proven to have stolen someone else's mods.
I'm pretty sure someone will just tell them if there's stolen content in their mod store. And yes, I'm assuming that if you try to sell someone else's mods to Bethesda, they'll just drop you over a contract violation when you get caught.
Otherwise everyone would do it.
>>
>>386570143
Inheritance isn't an exception tho.
>>
>>386548497
Post your ass and maybe I'll consider you a friend.
>>
>>386545339
Yes.. And no. I feel that modding should always be an entry level thing. Something you do for no compensation, and those who do it well eventually can get their foot in the door for making real content.

Modding should be about doing something out of love and desire to, not out of making money for it. Donations are acceptable of course, but the core shouldn't be about making money.

Theres also one massive reason for not including money, and thats compatibility Most mods have conflicts or bugs that can not only ruin the base game, but also other mods. Many of these conflicts never get resolved, and even worse, some mods don't even get updated to stay with the current state of the game. Imagine needing to pay money for a mod, only to have it stop working a few months down the line because the author quit/doesn't feel like updating it over making something new.

With normal mods, someone else can come along and patch it up, or even make mod packs that are compatible to make it easier on players. Once you involve money this isn't really gonna be an option.
>>
File: coursercrusher2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coursercrusher2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386570173
Don't be pissy.

>>386570094
Well in many cases Bethesda is providing direct work and support in the form of things like writing some of the scripts or directly providing assets (textures, models, new creatures, music, etc).
>>
>>386570220
>Not professional
>eSports (also known as electronic sports, esports, e-sports, competitive (video) gaming, professional (video) gaming, or pro gaming) are a form of competition that is facilitated by electronic systems, particularly video games; the input of players and teams as well as the output of the eSports system are mediated by human-computer interfaces.
>>
>>386548497
>friendly pals
>being dicks to each others
No thanks.
>>
>>386566539
Why would I defend that? PC players shut that shit down in three days.

It's the consolecucks who are defending it now.
>>
>>386570346
>Bethesda
>Writing some of the scripts
Not helping your case there, and admit it you only want in to make some of your more off the wall ideas canon.
>>
>>386570346
Hol up! That's virus injector from concept art, mod or beth added it in some dlc?
>>
>>386570487
That's why this time is different, they introduced console modding for this purpose because they know consolefags will eat it up.
>>
>>386545339
Deserve's got nothing to do with it. The mod scene was and is comprised entirely of people who do it for fun, at worst they'll accept donations.

Paid mods is taking something that's born out of communities passion for a certain game or thing and regulating it so Todd can make a few bucks off it. No one in their right minds supports this bullshit.

Sure you can say "thats capitalism" but I can still bitch and moan and tell them to fuck off
>>
File: coursercrusher1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coursercrusher1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386570512
>admit it you only want in to make some of your more off the wall ideas canon.
I've never been coy about that. Screaming trains need to be an important part of the 1st Era.
Also by "scripts" I meant the papyrus scripts, not the actual dialogue.
>>
File: 1459954893543.gif (3MB, 420x238px) Image search: [Google]
1459954893543.gif
3MB, 420x238px
>>386545339
>Do you think mod authors deserve monetary compensation for their work?

Sure as an optional action I take out of the goodness of my heart but not as a requirement and Bethesda does not deserve any money at all out of the transaction.
>>
>>386570316

That requires it to be the term in the contract. So far the only thing the Bethesda model outright bans is making mods out of other intellectual property. It doesn't say a thing about non-paid new mods for the game. And those exist in a legal gray area so if someone decides to steal that mod, theres nothing the modder can do about it. Even less so if the thief is a guy backed up by Bethesda.

When theres no money involved per se, things are simpler because everyone can use anyone's mods without really asking permission, although its a good gesture to do so. When one of the thiefs gets money from stealing other mods and the other one doesn't, thats when the infighting starts happening and thats when the modding community breaks.
>>
>>386570590
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24981/?

Have fun.
>>
>>386570636
I'm pretty sure that's the kind of scripts he meant
>>
>>386570716

Trainwiz! You work for video games now or something, right?

Tell them to make FO4 better! NOW.
>>
>>386570636
Your shitty mods will never be canon though.
>>
>>386548497

Look faggot, you need to get your shit straight. We're all fags on 4chan. Old fags, new fags, Barney fags, summer fags, straight fags, gay fags, whatever. All fags. Don't get your jimmies rustled so hard. Part of the "charm" of this place is growing a thicker fucking skin and not getting bent around the axle about some other fags verbiage.

If you get mad because someone calls you a name, that's on you, not them. You're letting them have the power.

Fag.
>>
>>386545339
Of course.
But bethesda doesn't.
For that matter, they can get paid without locking them behind a paywall, minecraft modders have had a universalized system like that for ages, through curse.
>>
>>386570805
Trust me, modded scripts tend to be worse. Much much worse. Bad practices all around. Plus in many situations they're actually willing to provide new functions directly.
>>
>>386570435
>I-if we call it professional that makes it professional!

Stop copy-pasting definitions from wikipedia. Everyone who isn't a brainlet knows "Esports" doesn't even exist, let alone be classified as professional
>>
>>386570346
I'll stop being pissy when you stop using 4chan as your personal blog WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE A PERSONAL BLOG. Saged.
>>
>>386570636
>I'm going to shill for something that could be damaging to the community as a wholr
>Simply so my ideas are made canon
So this is what cancer looks like
>>
File: SothaSil010.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
SothaSil010.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>386570914
They already are, you're a bit too late on that front bro.

>>386570883
You can't give Todds commands like that, they don't work and you end up losing five years off your life for every minute you spend talking to his mouthhole.
>>
>>386571034
The mod community is already cancer.
>>
>>386571071
Sorry, they quite literally aren't.
>>
>>386571173
>Instead of trying to make something better just crash the plane with no survivors
>>
>>386571034
Could be, probably won't. Even a lot of pretty high up modders like enaisiaion didn't get in and are still making free stuff.
>>
>>386571071
So if paid mods 2.0 fails are the creation club shills gonna ragequit modding or try and slink back into everyone's good graces?
>>
>>386571034
He became a total cuck for Beth.
>>
>>386571245
>he doesn't know
Sotha Sil Expanded and Wheels of Lull are in ESO.
Now reply to this with
>ESO
>canon
And a shitty reaction image.
>>
>>386570716
Cool shit, I'll put it on the list. One day I'll get bored enough to play FO4.
>>
>>386570239
>updating their ToS
What ToS? The mod store ones? You're only subject to those if you use the mod store, or develop mods for it. Between independent modders and Bethesda, it's a straightforward copyright violation. Although Bethesda might well have enough money to defend against any claims, they can't declare themselves IMMUNE.

>>386570668
Mods are intellectual property, though. It's a creative work, and subject to copyright. Fuck, Bethesda's entire plan here is to sell mods for money.
>>
>>386571034
It's even more hilarious when you realize that it won't make his mods canon anyway. Lots of retarded shit will end up on CC.
>>
Why does everyone act like everything Bethesda does is Todd's idea/fault?
>>
>>386545339
>>386545339

If they want to get paid for their mods, they should have that opportunity, let the market show them if their work is worth paying for. If they knowingly put it on nexus for free I have no remorse. I am against them going back and trying to make a mod cost money if it was previously for free.
>>
File: 1502173390362.jpg (78KB, 669x696px) Image search: [Google]
1502173390362.jpg
78KB, 669x696px
>>386571425
>i-if I go inb4 they won't call me out on it xD
Sorry bitch, ESO is simply not canon.
>>
>>386564276
I agree, I always had the idea that the right is so incredibly fucking stupid with how they do shit, the christian republican was my idea of the dumbest fucks

Now they are second after the fucking communist left, it's so fucking bad seeing people you respect turn into crazy fucks that believe in communism being the best thing in the world

Although i dont hate socialism, i think it works mixed with other ideas, the scandinavian countries has it pretty good with their weird blend of all manner of things, but the ones pushing for full state control and word policing, political correctness, those make me sad
>>
>>386571356
>are the creation club shills gonna ragequit modding or try and slink back into everyone's good graces?
You don't know who any of them are, it's anonymous unless you come forward or are outed.
>>
Nope. Mainly because I have yet to see a singular mod worthy of paying for.

What will be interesting to see is if mod piracy becomes a big thing as paid mods do.
>>
>2007
>Buy game
>Launch Game
>Play a bit of SP
>Play a bit of MP
>Find it has mods
>Play a bit of SP mods
>Play a bit of MP mods
>2017
>Buy game
>Launch game
>Sorry: Failed to connect to the authentication server
how have we regressed so much in the past 10 years?
>>
File: 1501875928709.jpg (29KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1501875928709.jpg
29KB, 500x399px
>>386545339
Only if I can still get the mods for free

I've donated to devs before but I wouldn't bother if it was behind a paywall
>>
>>386571587
You're fucking predictable. Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>386571548
Because Todd is Bethesda's de facto figurehead. The face of the company. It's his JOB to assume blame for everything the company does.
>>
File: 1502203728108.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502203728108.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>386571743
And you got so assblasted over the time that you already know when people will call you a retard for posting retarded shit.
>>
>>386571473

>Mods are intellectual property, though.

And the problem is the mod is created for an ip owned by Bethesda, so Bethesda gets the final say. Mods exist in a legal gray area which means a game ip owner mostly tolerates them and can get rid of them whenever he wants. Mods and mod communities exist by the goodwill of the developers.

Same reason it doesn't matter if you make the best, most original Donal Duck cartoon ever and share it completely free, Disney still has every right to outright take it down whenever they want, even if the short would have plenty of original ideas of your own. If they would decide to make a carbon copy of that short with their own animation team, you would have no say about it even when it was your own script they just outright ripped off.
>>
>>386571564
>I am against them going back and trying to make a mod cost money if it was previously for free.
From what I hear, that's explicitly forbidden by Bethesda's terms. Has to be a new mod, made for the mod store.
>>
>>386571862
>dumb opinion
>anime picture
Like I said, fucking predictable. You're a brony as well I bet.
>>
>>386572052
Yep. You cannot submit any existing mods.
>>
>>386545339
r/modpiracy
>>
>>386545339
Modding is volunteer work and optional to do, so no. It's not a matter of deserve since it's optional to create mods. If they want to get money from it, they would need to make sure their mod is something that is incredible and is worthy enough to start some kind of donation to keep it going, but even then, that kind of practice has the potential to easily divide the community. The community was doing well before paid mods was even a thought. If they want money that they deserve, they should focus on original content like making assets for a new game in development or something.
>>
>>386571320
And you're willing to risk an entire community on that bet? Of course you are because it means you get what you want and that's all that matters right?
>>
>>386545787
i think we can all agree that football players are all complete faggots.
>>
>>386566527
that's wrong though, take a look at counterstrike, day of defeat, team fortress etc, there are many more such cases where modders got jobs because of their mods
>>
File: maxwell's world.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxwell's world.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386572231
Not really a bet. The actual community hasn't torn itself apart or even done anything bad in response. In fact, most of the people who would cause problems because of this are those like Darren or Giskard, and they're long gone.
>>
File: 1501996201872.gif (591KB, 270x288px) Image search: [Google]
1501996201872.gif
591KB, 270x288px
>>386572091
>opinion
I'm just stating facts. Stay mad.

>You're a brony as well I bet.
I'm not. You're very bad at this. Stick to predicting when people will call you retarded for simply existing. It's much easier seeing how you're retarded 24/7.
>>
My biggest issue with creation club is the scale of what's going to be produced. I wouldn't mind paying ~5 bucks for a mod that added content on a similar scale to an official DLC, but the fact that they opened up creation club with something like fucking crab armor shows us that not everything is going to be of that quality.
>>
>>386572012
>And the problem is the mod is created for an ip owned by Bethesda, so Bethesda gets the final say.
No, that's not how it works. Derivative works are still subject to copyright. If you make something using someone else's intellectual property, you hold the copyrights to it. You're not allowed to publish it without permission from the guy whose assets you used, but neither is he allowed to publish it without permission from you.

So, Disney can take that Donald Duck cartoon down (and sue you for damages), but they can't print copies themselves.
Well, maybe they can, but that'd be because they're fucking DISNEY. Not because it's legal.

Also, I'm not sure if Skyrim mods actually contain anything Bethesda explicitly owns. All that stuff is contained in the base game, and the mods do nothing without it.
>>
>>386545339
Sure, but not even Trainwiz's mods are of high enough quality to actually get me to pay for them.
>>
>>386572625
>i'm not
Yeah I reaaaally believe you
>>
>>386572806
>even Trainwiz's mods
He's pretty mediocre compared to other quest modders.
>>
>>386572921
Pretty much all quest mods are garbage anyway.
>>
>>386572707

>No, that's not how it works. Derivative works are still subject to copyright. If you make something using someone else's intellectual property, you hold the copyrights to it. You're not allowed to publish it without permission from the guy whose assets you used, but neither is he allowed to publish it without permission from you.

Which is why I specified if they just make your cartoon again but with their own animators from scratch, theres nothing you can do about it because their ip goes over yours because your original Donald-cartoon didn't have much legal backing in the first place.

Same thing with mods. Good luck trying to say that Bethesda stole mods from you if you're making mods to their game. Then theres a whole another problem with the habit of modding communities building new mods on top of old ones, which causes a whole new set of problems when a new mod gets monetized but it has a collection of old mods imbedded to it.
>>
>>386572685
>on a similar scale to an official DLC
>crab armor
You do remember that Bethesda has literally published an official DLC that added animal armor, right?
It's completely retarded, yes, but you can't say it's inconsistent.
>>
>>386573008
VIGILANT is Godlike.
Also Clockwork and Forgotten City are better than the entirety of vanilla.
>>
>>386572921
Sotha Sil Extended was the best quest mod I ever played, is there better stuff?
>>
>>386573281
Vigilant was only okay.
>>
>>386573498
Have to disagree. It's easily one of the best Skyrim mods in general.
>>
>>386572591
You severely underestimate Greed that men posses.
Perhaps the Old Guard can maintain it, but the moment money is added in equation people will swarm to it.
>>
>>386573281
Did we play the same forgotten City mod? I remember it only being mildly interesting once I figured out what was going on.
>>
>>386573697
Doesn't matter if they swarm to it, they have to get hired in the first place.
>>
>>386545339
I do.

I am happy that the majority of them does it for free, but I would understand that some of them would want to get paid.

Some of those mods are really a lot of time and work. Of course, some of them are hot trash.
>>
>>386573671
And that's just untrue. It's a good dungeon mod but not up there with the best mods period.
>>
>>386561965
>middle-grounds
>>
>>386573167
Don't forget the recent FO4 DLCs that had shit modders had already done for settlements
>>
>>386573806
Show me a system that is not corrupt and can't be abused.
It is a shortsighted policy
>>
>>386545787
>ignoring his point completely
the analogy is actually if football had always competitive sport with no pay attached suddenly started giving players millions of dollars
>>
File: Aladdin-2.jpg (23KB, 210x270px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin-2.jpg
23KB, 210x270px
>>386573098
>Which is why I specified if they just make your cartoon again but with their own animators from scratch
Fair enough.
>>
>>386573987
Not sure where you're going with that. Like I said, they have to be hired, as in a basic resume reviewed and interviewed. Even Enai failed, and he's extremely popular.
>>
>>386545339
No. I don't deserve money for any of the mods I've made because I made them for game development experience.
>>
>>386545339
no
they were working for free in the first place
cant put the genie back in the bottle
>>
>>386574326
Doesn't he mostly do overhaul stuff? He's the Ordinator guy right? It makes sense that Bethesda is less eager to get people that do that kind of thing, as opposed to quests, houses, and equipment.
>>
>>386575150
Yeah but he's done quests and stuff like Spectraverse.
>>
>>386574326
I said that. He's so incredibly fucking salty that you got in and he didn't.
>>
>>386575329
saw that. They actually told him he wasn't good enough and now he's acting like a complete cuck.
>>
>>386545339
No, because it encourages mod authors to steal shit other modders made and put it up for sale.
Creation Kit is just overpriced DLC so i don't mind as much as the steam approach
>>
I'm trying to get the savini Jason skin for Friday the thirteenth on Xbox one if you're willing to home with me hmu my gamer tag is Legit Slip
>>
File: 1437353185330.gif (202KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437353185330.gif
202KB, 300x200px
>>386545339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUbs7BQ-18U&feature=youtu.be&t=46
>>
>>386566793
Trainwiz, You're liked but the namefagging and ego are not going to go over well in the future. This isn't /vg/
>>
>>386564293
Most football players don't make fat mega millions. In fact even with all the famous football players who do, the average salary is just over one million.

On a completely unrelated note, what would have a greater affect on the population? If you didn't exist or if football player x didn't exist?
Think of that scale as a measure of pay.
>>
>>386545339
If modders want money then they'll put up a donate link or something, you don't need to somehow make sure that they're treated fairly while also conveniently profiting off of mod sales. Remember when game devs would turn a profit by making good video games that sold well because they were fun to play? Those were the days.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/
:^)
>>
>>386545339
your framing the argument in an extremely disingenuous way.
typical left-wing proglodyte.
be honest for once in your life
>>
>>386576072
I'm not trainwiz.
>>
>>386576291
How much do you think modders make off donations, on average?
>>
>>386545339
people shouldn't expect to be entitled to money just because they made a thing

if they were commissioned to make a thing, then they should have the money from there
if nobody asked the person for it, then why should a crowd be expected to pay the person for it?
>>
>>386574326
Trainwiz, what percentage of the profits do modders make from Creation Club?
>>
>>386576598
It's commission based contract work, not royalty based.
>>
File: allgayshit.png (210KB, 426x424px) Image search: [Google]
allgayshit.png
210KB, 426x424px
I am what is killing video games.

Let's ignore the fact that my work is relatively amateur and shoddy, and that I'm moderately popular because I modify one of the buggiest shit-infested engines ever packaged to idiots. Let's just focus on the fact that in an era of pure aesthetic DLC replacing community skin packs, Episodic Content that slices up games piecemeal, cutting games in half after production to sell for twice the profit, re-re-releasing six year old games at near full price for 'VR experience,' now the only thing that makes Bethesda products bearable- community patching and modding, needs to be monetized! For my benefit! You fucking bet, kids! If everything you do other than breathing and shitting isn't making you money, why, you're an idiot! Everything can be fiscally incentivized! In fact, things are better for it! This isn't anti-consumerist at all!

BUY MY FUCKING MODS!
>>
File: 1478448774958s.jpg (11KB, 223x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478448774958s.jpg
11KB, 223x250px
The faggots that are defending this jewery are literally asking bethesda to make their games even buggier and more unfinished

A buggier game merits more mods to fix it
more mods fixing their games means a higher chance that some will be paid

YOU FAGGOTS ARE LITERALLY ASKING TO PAY BETHESDA FOR PURPOSELY NOT FINISHING THEIR GAME
>>
>>386545443
most people on 4chan are not communists retard
>>
>>386576506
Fuck if I know and it doesn't matter, my point still stands.
>>
>>386577565
How much do you think they should make?
>>
File: 1502199695516.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502199695516.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>386577407
>2039
>buy the licence
>buy the engine
>buy the scripts
>buy textures
>buy models
>buy voice packs
>spend months installing everything
>play for 5 minutes
>delete all 3569246824834347302468905750 unoptimized fan made gigabytes right after
Lovely. Can't wait.
>>
>>386577718
That's irrelevant to what I've said.
>>
Trainwiz

Are you leaking GUNetwork mods?
>>
>>386577791
It isn't, answer the question.
>>
>>386577883
I'm not on GUNetwork in the first place. I'm also pretty sure that, like Giskard's mods and his general lack of quality, sanity, or willingness to publicly share, they aren't really worth it.
>>
>>386577894
No.
>>
I think my take-away from this is that Bethesda doesn't need any more of my money. They've consistently released broken games that get watered down further with every iteration. They sold us a horse armor DLC that set the scene for the whole DLC model. They still, to this day, have not fixed the save corruption bug in the Skyrim/FO4 engine.

And now they effectively want to try the paid mods scheme again, only this time it'll be contracted out DLC.

Get fucked Bethesda.
>>
File: 8JUsFgw.png (170KB, 397x397px) Image search: [Google]
8JUsFgw.png
170KB, 397x397px
>>386545339
>Is Creation Club paid mods?
>No
>How do I get Creation Club content?
>By paying for them
>>
File: 1465754558003.jpg (231KB, 624x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465754558003.jpg
231KB, 624x640px
>>386578120
i don't see the problem fellow gamer
>>
>>386578120
Yep, nothing wrong with that.
Can I touch your scalp?
>>
I believe they should have the option to monetize their mods, but I'm sure as fuck wouldn't spend a dollar on it.

They should also be aware that anyone could download their mod and upload on some torrent site.
>>
>>386577985
Giskard is alive?
>>
>>386545585
>If they want to set up a donation system or something that's fine, but entering a world that has NEVER offered compensation and demanding compensation makes you a complete faggot.

I agree that trying to retrofit an existing mod community with paywalls was a fucking terrible idea, but I can't agree with the idea that money shouldn't be accepted just because it never has been before. Or the idea that people shouldn't be paid for things just because they like doing them. Neither of those points is really based in any logic.
>>
>>386578393
Not really. Last I checked the engineering guild no longer exists.
>>
>>386578105
>They still, to this day, have not fixed the save corruption bug in the Skyrim/FO4 engine.
>release Skyrim Special Edition
>the fucking thing HAS EVEN MORE FUCKING BUGS THAN OLDRIM LMAO
>>
>>386578440
Its not mods anyway. Its contract work for Bethesda who is going to treat you like shit and you will slave away without most protections you would get from regular employment contract. Also your pay will suck.

The only problem I have with it is that it will poach talent from the modding scene, but oh well.
>>
>>386578531

They gave it out for free to people who had already bought Legendary Edition. I've never installed it.
>>
If their mod is big enough to have its own website to download it, then it should by all means have a donation button. Any other time like a hi res texture pack no.
>>
>>386578667
They've been altogether quite nice and accommodating actually. It's also hard for them to slave-drive anyone when there's no set hours.
>>
If they're modding for the money they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>386578895
Except IIRC when they sign you up, you get milestones and if you dont make milestones, bad things happen.

Or did we get new info on how its supposed to work?
>>
>>386579048
That's classified information citizen :^)
>>
File: donations.png (11KB, 356x346px) Image search: [Google]
donations.png
11KB, 356x346px
>>386576506
About 5 dollars.
>>
>>386579048
Right, but those milestones are things they set according to the information and time estimates you give them, that you mutually agree to. The only chains end up being the ones of your own making.
>>
>>386545339
Frankly some modders do, mainly because some of them literally do the jobs that the devs were supposed to do and fix all of the bugs and technical issues and shit

It should be compensation from Bethesda though, not from the people buying it
>>
>>386579334
That sounds marginally less awful, although this way I doubt you get paid before delivering said milestones, which is less motivating.

Genuinely curious how much people will manage to make from working on it. Guess we will see.
>>
>>386545339
Modding was never about the fucking money. God damn jews.
>>
>>386578972
>you're not allowed to sell your work for money where there is demand for a product cause some commie autist said so on /v/irgin
>>
>>386579783

If you are against consumers being paid to edit an already shoddy product into something bearable and releasing those files to the public, you're a communist.

In an ideal world, everyone will pay for absolutely everything. There will not be a microsecond where cash isn't being deposited into my--- I mean, your wallets while the money is also taken out! It's a perfect, logical, western utopia of content th--- creation!

Just ignore the fact that Bethesda is trying to sell for the third time their best selling game of all time. Just ignore the fact they don't re-invest any significant portion of their revenue into new and interesting IP's or games. Please, just keep buying Bethesda sandbox products. Don't forget to buy my mods!
>>
>>386579894
Technically they aren't selling their own work. They just get commissioned by Bethesda and paid few cents for it.

Bethesda sells the product and gets the full profit.
>>
>>386579694
>although this way I doubt you get paid before delivering said milestones

Well yes, but that's how milestones and commissions generally work. You don't get paid for having no deliverables.
>>
>>386579894
>you're not allowed to sell your work for money
I think you need a repeat, if you're modding for the money you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>386545585
>Everybody wants to get paid hella bucks to do shit they're already doing for fun and I'm sick of it.

I've never seen a more clear case of sour grapes.

Yes, for the most part working for other people sucks dick. Especially if it's a job that you don't actually care about. But this is just straight up hate for hate's sake.

>while people with real jobs are struggling to make ends meet.

Stop eating those sour grapes and get paid to do something you already do for fun if it's so fuckin easy you shit heel.

>This kind of shit is what makes people think the millennial generation is retarded and doesn't understand the value of a dollar.

People making money from their side hustle means they don't understand the value of a dollar? This is literally the most retarded sentence I've read this month.
>>
I'm all for mod makers being compensated

how about we give them the majority of the money they make and just take a share to handle overhead?

*muffled oy vey in the distance*
>>
>>386546245
>What about people who work for United Way? Would you be cool with them threatening to stop helping people until they get fat checks?

Yes, if they are employees for which payroll tax is paid and income and social security taxes are withheld I wouldn't expect them to continue working if their employer was withholding their entire check.

How about you actually get out into the real world and actually work. Maybe then you would actually understand the value of a dollar.
>>
>>386546324
>I'll be by later to collect the new oxygen tax for all the air you're using. If you refuse you're a communist and will be deported back to Russia.

So now you're conflating the power of the state to levy a tax with a private party being paid for a service or product.

Could you betray your retardation even more?

Maybe next you can start yelling about how taxation is theft.
>>
>>386547046
>But modding should not be a primary source of income.
Says who?
>>
>>386547540
>That literally doesn't even make sense you fucking retard.

He restated your argument. If it doesn't make sense then that means you're making a nonsensical argument.

As for your "was free now costs money" I'll give you a great example: bottled water. Most bottled water is from municipal sources. Yet it's bottled and sold at a premium.
>>
>defending even more micro transactions
Well this is the company that made little shitty DLC a thing so no wonder they accumulated cucks to defend them over the years.
>>
micro transactions have shown that the market value of skins are pennies. mods are simply overpriced for the price they are set at. the market will never work because of this.
>>
>>386581501
Nodev NEETs and autists who rage when something they consume is no longer free. I don't know why they're upset as trash like buzz lightyear in gmod and loli player models will always be free.
>>
No. If you want money make your own game of your own ip or set up a patreon, not paid paywalls for mods.
Thread posts: 426
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.