[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you improve OverWatch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: Overwatch.jpg (2MB, 2430x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.jpg
2MB, 2430x1038px
How would you improve OverWatch?
>>
Fire whoever is trying to make it a serious story instead of an over the top capeshit it was always meant to be.
Why isn't Dommfist Terry Crews, but instead some "deep" boring nigger? With a name like Doomfist, he SHOULD have been over the top.
>>
More nigger waifus
>>
Who's the big orange robot guy?
>>
>we're never going to see any of those interesting characters
>instead we get more PoC roles made at the last minute
>>
>>386545219
Probably proto-Reinhardt
>>
add uninstall wizard
do a 360 and wlak away
>>
>>386545317
And hazmat suit is proto-Mei
>>
>>386545090
new character: make a transgendered autistic nigger and create a super serious lore for it.
seems to be working so far.
>>
>>386545219
>>386545317
Fluff lore character called "Soundquake" that works for Overwatch, but yeah, he was Reinhardt's first design when their idea for him was an omnic patterned after a wildebeest.
>>
>>386545186
This.
>>
Redesign most of the characters so they don't have a consequence free get out of jail card at the push of a button
>>
>>386545090
Take off all the tanks, to begin with.

It's not fun to play against a Reinhardt, and it's not fun to play as Reinhardt.
>>
better matchmaking for both ranked and quick matches

No, I don't think you should put two diamonds on a team to balance out that they have a duo of gms, I want a legit 4k avg match, don't care how much it takes to find a match. I also don't want matchmaking to fill in a pub match with any gold player that is online just because it's a quick match. These matches aren't fun in any way. This isn't a game you can carry alone.
Rework mercy's ultimate and sr gain. She's the most braindead hero in the roster, things like gm mercy should not happen
The game is frustrating because every hero has a way of fragging easily from time to time just so that person can feel special for a moment. A gold player can still manage to kill a master due to shit like scatter arrows, soldier's helix, flashbang + fan the hammer, doomfist charge, enviromental boops, genji slash. Every hero being equiped with a retard-proof ability makes the game much more frustrating, I don't see how the devs didn't figure that out.
And lastly, do not let people that 3-stack or anything above that get matched agaisnt solo queuers
if someone wants to be a fag and 6-stack, they should wait for 30 minutes in queue until another stacked party of the same rank is matched with them
There's absolutely no other game with competitive online mode that allows the thing Overwatch does
>>
>>386545090
get rid of the healing role and make everyone have some method to self heal, and have support characters do support shit that isn't healing
>>
Fix ranking system.
>>
>>386545090
Copy Paladins
>>
>>386546072
This. Healing was the biggest fucking mistake. Get rid of a few tanks too, replace self heals with temp shields
>>
>>386546125
unironically this

give us mounts blizzard, you can even sell skins for them and jew children out of their parents' money
>>
get rid of ultimates.

unrelated, who's the weird chick in the background with pink hair and the glowing mouth?
>>
>>386545186
This.

Also
>way more unique and creative abilities
>actual thought put into maps from a gameplay perspective
>less focus on competitive, let things be slightly broken as long as they're not boring to play against
>more permanent content instead of holidays
>>
>>386545090
Maps and objectives that aren't hot garbage.
>>
I would delete it
>>
>>386546978
If you don't recognize someone in this pic then chances are they simply don't exist anymore.
>>
Remove Blizzard before they kill it

OW has some really great ideas. It's a custom blend of several hit games with character and loot design meant to get you invested. But it's already falling into the usual Blizzard traps. Watching OW fans howl about the shitty balancing is fucking amazing to me, considering that's a hallmark of every Blizzard game
>>
>>386545972
>>386546072
You people are the ones pushing Blizzard to smash this game into homogenous paste.

>>386547081
This guys gets it. Broken is not bad. Unique is fun. Even if a few people don't like it, there are even more who will.
>>
File: DGqHu9WUIAEJfdf-1.jpg (121KB, 697x688px) Image search: [Google]
DGqHu9WUIAEJfdf-1.jpg
121KB, 697x688px
You can't as long as it's run by blizzard. It's fun seeing them fuck up their e-sport though
>>
File: 1425776949338.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425776949338.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
im platinum and i just won a game against taimou

take from that what you will
>>
>ability to play with teams besides 6v6
>>
>>386545186
This desu.
OW should always be a silly setting with over the top characters.
Instead they want story to be some edgy or deep shit that nobody fucking wants.
>>
>>386545090
By Uninstalling it.
>>
Why did they remove roadhog cause his 1shot hooks were OP, then add a guy who can 1shot every 5s and cant be blocked by shields? He doesnt even need to aim, and entering a room with him is suicide as his hitbox for charge is the size of a zarya bubble
>>
>>386545090
Add another skill to every character
Single player or co-op stuff not just Vs.
Actual story somewhere
More Skins
BALANCE
>>
File: 1501372294244.png (439KB, 1047x948px) Image search: [Google]
1501372294244.png
439KB, 1047x948px
>>386545186
>talking monkey
>edgy ghost guy
>fucker named DOOMfist
>gamurr girl

Really, who the fuck wants to see Blizzard try to make it 100% serious?
>>
>>386545090

Add more beast characters.

I want a werewolf dude
>>
give it to a studio that isnt total shit
>>
Remove atleast 1 arrow from Hanzos scatter arrow so he can't oneshot tank like orisa
>>
>>386546978
i think they've said that's proto-zarya
>>
>>386545090
Game modes with longer matches and larger teams. Enough so that you can really have a full on battle, without the timer constantly nagging at the back of your head. The most annoying thing about matches ending isnt winning or losing, it's having to sit through a percieved century of match breakdowns, menus and hero selection screens to get to the next 5 minute game. I just wanna duke it out for a while.
>>
>>386545972
>not fun to play as Reinhardt
You are ridiculous, 75 damage hammer, 100 damage ranged skillshot, 300 damage pin with 500 FUCKING HP. Mercy/Ana will ride your dick all game while you split skulls. Ana gives you the juice often, and your ultimate combos with just about everyone. What isn't fun about the one of the only true tanks in the game?
>>
>>386545995
Agreed except that matchmaking with a 6 stack almost guarantees facing a 6 stack, at least in my experience
t. Gold shitter
>>
>>386545090
Remove it from existence.
>>
>>386545090

its interesting to see who was there from the beginning and who changed a lot.

Rein, male zarya, widow and crossbow Ana especially
>>
>>386545186
>when you want a violent plot in your game, but are such a pussy about being politiclly correct you create an entire race whose porpuse is to be beaten, insulted and abused so you can show conflict without hurting humans

Fire all OW writters NOW.
>>
>>386553016
Doomfists only apparent change was turning into a nigger
>>
>>386552764
It's till slow as ass and most of the time, you have to hold a shield.
>>
>>386545186
>implying you wouldnt be talking shit if it was capeshit

youre not fooling anyone anon
>>
>Remove headshot bonus damage from all characters that aren't Widowmaker or Hanzo
>remove health restoration from Tracer, but increase "distance" she can recall to
>add minimum effective range to Hanzo to discourage players from just running around trying to kill people at point blank range and force them to actually learn how to snipe
>severely nerf shields and increase their cooldowns to compensate for the decreased damage output from lack of headshots
>decrease duration and radius of Genji's deflect
>increase effective range for McCree to put his damage output on par with Soldier 76
>give Pharah damage falloff, but increase her splash radius and damage output at close range, let her bounce characters like her rockets used to way back when, and also let her rocket jump
>add healing rampup mechanic to Zenyatta, Mercy and Lucio's amped up heal song
>Mercy's revive has to charge before she can revive more than one person, Reaper can "steal" souls and deny revives as was originally planned for his passive

There, I just sped up the game.
>>
>>386545186
THIS

FPBP
>>
>>386553310
>>decrease duration and radius of Genji's deflect

FUCK RIGHT OFF
>>
>>386553436
The ubiquity of Genji mains means it's just a constant thing slowing down the game.

Doomfist was better implemented since the thing increasing his durability in the fray is passive and dependent on actively acting.
>>
>>386553301
People who hate capeshit are a loud minority, the majority of people loves it because it's exaggerated and, like what videogames usually go for, non-realistic.
It has that pure, childish feeling of freedom and liberation of being powerful and pulling bullshit here and there.

That's why the more human and realistic a superhero story goes, the more chances it has to fuck it up. If you want to just have fun in quick sessions, just go nuts and over-the-top, this way it will be esier for the reader/player to enjoy the madness.
>>
Nerf road hog
>>
>>386553553
Its not the skill thats the problem its the way its used. What it should do its deflect it should not reflect damage at all. That way when fuck face Genji main drops in front of your face while your firing at someone else you don't insta kill yourself.

With the amount of spam and Hanzo logs flying all over the place it needs to have a huge hitbox to deal with the amount of splash and bullshit shooting everywhere. You should never ever be punished for hitting a dead on Widow headshot because a Genji was fighting someone else between you and the target.
>>
>>386545090
The first thing I would do is revert the game-mode back to how it was originally; with team stacking allowed. There should have been a separate game-mode for those who didn't want team stacking, instead of the other way around. Serious players could have gone to the no stacking game-mode and had their serious play there. Instead, they fucked it up, and made a separate no limits play list that goes pretty much unused and is literally only for memeing because all it does is encourage 6 stacks instead of the occasional 2 stack you'd sometimes have on a team.

Also, the game needs to stop taking itself so seriously, no one plays this shit seriously. and for fuck sake stop shilling esports, they are so fucking gay. Add more maps and more characters its been a fucking year and the amount of new content is pathetic.
>>
>>386553950
The OW team is so fucking precious about their game its actually funny.

The HotS team is creating funny skins that completely break character but are tied to events and playing the actual game. They add skins constantly outside of just timed events. Theres been next to nothing added to OW to that degree other than the Christmas and Halloween skins both of which were pretty tame in comparison.

The best fucking Tracer skin is in HotS.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.png (555KB, 1280x753px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.png
555KB, 1280x753px
Redesign Orisa, Doomfist, Hanzo, and Zarya so they're not disgusting looking.

Revert Roadhog changes and just make him slower in movement, shooting speed, and hook cooldown.

Redesign sombra to be a cute omnic hacker girl like pic related who is at war with Athena.

Add Athena to the game next.
>>
>>386545186
Yep.

OW lore is and will always be some super cringey shit. Why the fuck should I care about the story when ZERO (0) percent of the gameplay reflects that?
>>
>make tanks less tanky
>make healers heal less
>make the game faster
>stop designing maps around chokepoints (make actually fun and good maps)
>>
>>386545090

Better and more intricate map design and more defensive/assault options. As much as the game is compared to TF2, I find that the game isn't as involving as TF2. The way the game is structured, there is less reason to be invested in any specific match.

Also, maybe a bot based story mode since people are invested in the lore.
>>
Why the fuck do so many maps have doorways that look like they lead to another part of the map but you go through them and you end up going the opposite direction? It's not as bad when you know the maps but when starting off I was constantly getting turned around cus I couldn't find my way up to places.
>>
>>386545090
These early designs are way cooler than what we got.

I want to be a literal walking tank on the far right.
>>
>>386555691
Tachikoma's got too smart and had to be shut down before the game was released
>>
>>386545090
I'd improve it by making is not at all what it is. It wants to be some many games compiled together. I'd keep it honest to what it is. Doomfist would scream BOOM BITCH when he kills someone. Genji and Hanzo would spend less time talking and more time being cold calculated killers like they really are. Widow would be gone. She's shit. Her design is shit. He abilities are shit. Her skins are shit. It's all wasted potential. He name is widowmaker.. I don't know what you think of when you think of a when you think Widowmaker but I think of the spider. I can't say I've heard of people dying to spiders that are miles away from them. Just saying. Why is she not an up close assassin? Why are they afraid to have a character that is an actual assassin. Not a sniper. Not a hide in the back of the team and be useless 100% of the time sniper. An assassin. Even fucking 47 has to get close. He can't kill every target from 11000m away. The grappling hook doesn't assist with that. it's an escape tool. I don't care if you saw some youtube/twitch streamer make a play where he used hook to chase someone down. That is not it's intended use. It's use is for her to get into position or to get out.

Stop telegraphing things with loud fucking boops and blips. Make people get good. Stop telegraphing every ult with a noise. If people aren't paying attention they deserve to die. Why the fuck would a guy scream out 'I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS.' Before unleashing a hail of bullets? That is fucking dumb. I remember when people used to shit on a.i that would scream out GRENADE before a grenade was thrown. The excuse was always well in the military they do that so... nigga this isn't a hardcore military shooter that tries to stay true to life. It's overwatch. You have a fucking talking monkey.. you have a robot that is Buddha. You have a fucking edgy Mexican with two sawed off shot guns who screams die die die as he's spinning like a top.. also he can turn into fucking MIST..
>>
i would remove the fucking kids who jump on Atk and then screech for a healer or immediately throw when they dont have a healer main.

or if they blame you when you have 4 gold medals. i mean, idc it helps me get views but.. not wins.
>>
File: 1484553664335.png (533KB, 1276x715px) Image search: [Google]
1484553664335.png
533KB, 1276x715px
>>386553950
>add more maps and more characters

>maps already in the game that are above shit tier can be counted on one hand
>Horizon is fucking terrible and continues the trend of enormous amounts of dead space that's pervasive in almost all the maps
>characters added so far:
Sombra, a bootleg Spy but too afraid to commit to the spy's surgical instakill ability(but let Roadhog run rampant for months), so just can shut down abilities every so often. Useful, but extremely contextual so frequently maligned.
Ana; Crusader's Crossbow + Mad Milk/Jarate + ghetto ubercharge. Hideously overpowered to the point it actually gave Lucio a run for his money in medic usage and defined metas until the nerfs.
Orisa: clusterfuck of tank skills that can barely synergize with anyone, has a neat ultimate but overshadowed by the raw durability of Reinhardt, or the superior mobility of Winston and D.Va in more recent meta
Doomfist: literally just Vi from League of Legends, niche just seems to be "Genji for men" for now, will get whittled down out in the open, but devastating in close range. Tank-busting capabilities better than Pharah or McCree in his golden age, but will probably be nerfed(again).

They need to get better at designing shit in the first place before they start adding content.
>>
File: 1502200149301m-1.jpg (47KB, 172x233px) Image search: [Google]
1502200149301m-1.jpg
47KB, 172x233px
>>386545090
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
>>
>>386545090
Most of the ults in this game are so stupidly strong, its boring to play. It feels like games just become a toss up to who can find a more opportune time to press Q.

Or maybe some actual fun gamemodes, Paladins has OW beat in both of these.
>>
File: 1463443517036.jpg (199KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
1463443517036.jpg
199KB, 672x672px
>>386557226
>even paladins lets you pick the mode you want to play
>blizzard won't let you because their matchmaker can't handle it
>>
>>386545090
needs to feel more like an actual FPS than moba.
>>
>>386545090
More heroes (could have slight or strong variations of existing heroes, making this job piss easy while satisfying all play styles)
More game modes
Editor and in-game support for custom content
De-emphasize rock/paper/scissor roles but not completely
Give all heroes more health
Add a third ability for some heroes
Better physics (for all needs, including pervy)

Basically I would just like every hero to be considered OP one way or the other.
The game would hardly be recognizable and these ideas aren't necessarily good but they're just based on my personal preference anyway.

I still like the game as it currently is but it gets boring fairly quickly.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.