[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did people think of Final Fantasy XV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

What did people think of Final Fantasy XV?
>>
>>386541891
I don't think it's really fair to judge a game that's still in early access.
>>
>>386541891
The controls are the only thing preventing me from picking it up again
>>
File: FinalfantasyversusXIIIimage01.jpg (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
FinalfantasyversusXIIIimage01.jpg
14KB, 240x240px
The battles were neat. The story was complete GARBAGE, though. Also Versus Prompto was better looking than this freckled face freak we got instead.
>>
>>386542209
kek
>>
>>386541891
Released way too early, should have had at least 20 more years of dev time. Hopefully FF VII Remake releases in 2050 so it won't have the same problem.
>>
At the end of the day it was pretty good.
Obviously they decided against delaying it even further and thus making story arcs into DLC but it doesn't matter that much. I wouldn't even advice waiting for those minor story details.
Noctis was great, a clear improvement over Nomura's edgy version but the other characters were not fully developed on screen.
OST was literally God tier only second to Bloodborne.
Gameplay is everything in the game, if you like it you like the game.
An auto driving car and chocobos available 6 hours into the game was a clear mistake. Conan was right, it was boring from that respect.
Good timed events. 77 tigers with insta kill is a good hunt.
Story was delivered in a very "spartan" way but it was simple and solid.
Movie was great, Nyx was great.
Would love to play a PS5 ultra HD remaster in like 3 years
>>
>>386542209
Kek
>>
>>386541891
As someone who hated final fantasy 13 you should get this game its not the best final fantasy or anything but its worth playing.
>>
>>386543583
hi bazztek
>>
>>386543927
As someone who played every Final Fantasy, you shouldn't listen to this fucking idiot.

Play SaGa or Dragon Quest instead. No Final Fantasy besides Tactics is worth going near.
>>
For me it was a massive disappointment. Very different from what I was expecting with Versus. Still, I had some fun with it. It's basically an ass cred game with an FF theme.
>>
>>386541891
game of the year tbqh famalam
>>
I'm currently playing through it for the first time, and I'm struggling to find the energy to put into it if I'm being honest. It's not that it's a bad game, it's just kinda...boring.

I've just started the chapter where Gladio leaves for some time (?) and I just can't really be arsed to finish it. The combat is pretty fun, and I like the gameplay, but I know its just kinda "Hold circle and sometimes use a potion". Magic seems fun, but you can NEVER safely use it without hitting your party members. I don't think I've used magic ONCE without them being caught up in it.

The story is a fucking mess, and I'm just totally WTF at what's going on. The chapter before last showed Noct falling into an endless pit, then shooting some soldiers, then he's okay again? When is this supposed to have happened?

Why did the enemy chancellor save me from Titan? Why did my car get on his ship? Where did the car go? Why am I suddenly hunting Ramuh?

Fuck me. I can barely last an hour at a time before I just get bored at the ENDLESS trekking across a boring world. It's like Xenoblade Chronicles, except nowhere near as good
>>
File: 1501662207297.png (778KB, 450x781px) Image search: [Google]
1501662207297.png
778KB, 450x781px
>>386544071
I agree that dragon quest is the best rpg series but you cant just write this game off normies hate turn base anyway.
>>
>>386544067
>everyone is xv kun
>>
A mediocre mess that could've been much better than it was.
>>
>>386541891
It was great but a lot of things needed to be more fleshed out, mostly the story. I honestly think I would've liked Versus XIII more but I still enjoy XV a ton.
>>
>>386542317
I like nu-prompto's face more. It's less handsome, but it kinda makes him stand out in a way.

I much prefer the old outfits though. They're pretty much the same, only not completely in black. It really helps differentiate them a lot, and make them feel less like a boyband in matching concert outfits.
>>
Squeenix somehow managed to outdo themselves and create a main FF title more boring than 13.
>>
File: 1397159155781.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1397159155781.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>386541891
Mind you, I never played any other FF, this was the first one I played, and I fucking loved it
It was a ton of fun to play, I've always loved one direction and you pretty much play as an asian boy band. Not to mention they each have the personality of the ninja turtles.
The monster design was fun and the food looked so beautiful
Admittedly, the combat was a little stale, but it got the job done. Also the story got a little too edgy near the end. However, i think it was still an enjoyable experience overall
>>
Mediocre disappointment which gets worse the more you play.
>>
>>386542209

fpbp
>>
>>386541891
Yet another shitstain on Squeenix's record and proof that they no longer know how to make fantastic video games and all that's keeping them afloat are the coattails of Square's glory days.
>>
I enjoyed my time with it, but I can tell it was a rushed mess.

It was a frankenstein of ideas, and only one idea was able to hit straight.
The whole super not gay, bro roadtrip thing. They game did a good job of making me care about the boys, especially Prompto and Ignis. Despite how contrived the whole Prompto being a Niflheim experiment kinda felt, it serves the character well, and Ignis losing his sight was the strongest emotional response the game got out of me. The whole chapter after, with him bumbling just reinforces it more. I'm legitimately excited for his DLC.

Which, going back, is why Luna's death, which was clearly meant to pull a strong emotional response from the player, or at least make them empathize Noct, is almost laughably bad, especially with that admittedly gorgeous Visual Works cutscene. Outside the whole roadtrip thing, the whole game feels extremely disjointed.
>>
File: 1476249905881.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476249905881.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>386544525
>, I've always loved one direction
>>
Bad gameplay
Bad setting
Bad story
Bad supporting cast
Forgettable music

Probably the worst FF.
>>
File: 1404481289783.jpg (147KB, 887x491px) Image search: [Google]
1404481289783.jpg
147KB, 887x491px
>>386541891
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV_20161219220542.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV_20161219220542.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Decent timesink, but overall mediocre game.
>>
>>386541891
It's alright but is seriously unfinished. I might give it another ago in about 2 years or so when support for the game ends. Hopefully by that point they'll have implemented everything they wanted into the game.

Although on that note they still making dumb decisions like adding multiplayer.
>>
Where is he?
>>
>>386541891
He's a cool guy
>>
>>386548478
eh kills daemons?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.