[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Gravity Rush 2 thread since I finished it last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Can we have a Gravity Rush 2 thread since I finished it last night?
I thought it was really damn good. As a ravenfag I was pleased
>>
>>386540186
Did you do the Delvool trench mine?
>>
>>386540459
I didn't, I only did 4 mines and beat the harder nevi then got the trophy. Something special there?
>>
>>386540540
There are some REALLY powerful talismans down there. Also the "powerful" nevi in the regular mines and story mode enemies are child's play compared to enemies in the trench.
>>
Final hour is awful in terms of story but the rest of the game was just as good as the first in my opinion.
>>
>>386540628
Is that so? I'll do that today then. Also is it true you can play as raven in the mines now? It might have been a ruse when I heard that here
>>386540808
I loved the heck out of the final hour, probably because I was very curious about kat's origin and what was up the tower. It was a slow narrative but it was a real ride to sit down and enjoy after all of the fighting. The panther and raven mode were damn cool too
>>
Syd seems like a nice guy
>>
>>386541010
Yes. After you clear the first 30 layers of Delvool you can use Raven in there or in the regular mines.

Also, Delvool is a random online event, and the portal to it closes once you die until the next time. So in order to help you keep your sanity here's a little save scumming trick: hit start the moment your health drops to zero and quit to main menu, then hit continue to restart from the auto-save at the beginning of the last layer.
>>
do you need to have played the first one to understand shit in the second?
>>
>>386541249
>save scumming
Thanks I'll do that! Should save needless frustration. I'm really gonna miss experiencing this game for the first time. It felt so fresh
>>
>>386541479
Yes, it's pretty much the direct sequel. With the OVA branching the two. You really need to watch it too, to understand how the main characters end up in an entirely different place in the sequel, compared to where the first game left off.
>>386541579
Yeah, the trials inside the trench can be hard enough without having to wait a day or two between attempts.
>>
>>386541680
I keep seeing people talk about "enemies" and difficulty, does this game have stats/gear? I played an hours worth of the first game and thought it felt fairly shallow when it came to combat.
>>
>>386541479
You should definitely play the first or else some big thing will just go right over your head
>>386541737
The second game introduces a gem system that gives different kind of upgrades, such as unlimited air kicks, more hp etc. But with the gane being a ps4 title the enemy difficulty is ramped up along with the combat itself. Theres a boss that will grab you out of the air and slam you into the floor, and most of the time she'd knock you right back down if you try to get up slowly. Really good fun
>>
I think it's a huge shame it lost a great deal of the original's Franco-Belgian comics inspiration. It felt a lot more Japanesey in the worst possible way. The ending was garbage.

Exploration was top notch though. Lunar style was ridiculously fun. I spent a silly amount of hours doing treasure hunts and just floating around, checking out every nook and cranny. Actually Platinum'd it.
>>
>>386541737
Funny of you to say this, when just yesterday I had another anon mourn the loss of supposed depth in combat system in the sequel compared to the original.

If you ask me, the combat is still mostly point and click with gravity kicks, although I can't say the original game was completely devoid of depth either.
The sequel adds two new different gravity styles, with significant changes to combat and level traversal.

Anyhow, the game has the most basic stats like health and gravity gauge, which improve as you complete story and side missions.
It also has abilities which you can upgrade. Although unlike in the first game, in GR2 the upgrades usually don't directly increase your damage or speed.
Those are affected by the new "gear" system - talismans. The talismans are somewhat similar to the blood gems from Bloodborne if you're familiar with those.
>>
>>386541978

different dude.
i'm like 50% through story in gr2 and never played the first. is it really that big a deal or can i just play after
>>
last friday i was playing, collecting gems around lei elgona and was raging hardcore because i kept hearing a beeping sound every time i would get close to an island.
was listening to music with tv muted, but controller would still beep, so i just muted the controller.
didn't realise it was a talisman perk til a couple days later lel
>>
>>386542184
Its not a big deal unless you want everything out of the story. But it does treat itself as a sequel and as if the player played the first game, unlike some games where they recap everything or give synopsis breaking the immersion a bit
>>
>>386542881
ya i figured as much. arriving in hekseville and meeting characters, you can tell it would be a nostalgia trip, but it's well done. guess i'll play the first one after, hopefully the gameplay/graphic step down won't be too jarring
>>
File: 1499567772352.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1499567772352.gif
2MB, 540x304px
i can get both GR:remastered and GR2 for 35eur on ps4 right now, but i'm a poorfag and also incredibly hesitant before buying things, is there any reason i might not enjoy this shit? i've been waiting for it to go on sale for a while now
>>
I absolutely love the first Gravity Rush on Vita, so much so that I platinumed it, making it only one of 3 games I've ever platinumed (other 2 are Final Fantasy X HD, and FFXV). BUT, I've never played 2. Part of why is that supposedly if you have Gravity Rush Remastered you get extra stuff in 2? Is that true?
>>
>>386543496
Both of them for that price is great. If you think you'll enjoy playing dress up as a cute character, running and flying around freely in an open world, tons of side quests with unique bits of their own story and unlockable, great music and just fun gameplay I say get it. All of that is for 2, 1 remastered is a step down now but its worth it if you want the full story. It took me 20 hours to platinum the first game, and 28 hours to beat the story alone in 2, with tons of things still left to do
>>
>>386544214
both are on sale right now, remastered is only 10 bucks and gr2 25, ive always been told i should play the first one if i want to understand the story of 2
>>
>>386543946
>Part of why is that supposedly if you have Gravity Rush Remastered you get extra stuff in 2?
If you have a save file for Remastered you unlock the 3 DLC outfits that were in 1
>>
I played the ps4 remaster of Gravity Daze 1 before playing 2 but I think I wish I hadnt because it has soured my opinion of GR2 for three reasons.
1. 30fps (with common drops) and not 60fps like the first. This is a huge deal difference.
2. Maybe because of the more complicated geometry but I feel like gravity walking is far more sloppy and prones repositioning itself without your control
3. The camera is way worse. In 1, Kat is always at the center of the screen, no matter what. In 2, the camera instead follows with a delay instead of staying locked on her, making hard to tell which way she is going, its really ad desu
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502199695333.jpg (42KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502199695333.jpg
42KB, 1024x1024px
>>386543946
>if you have gravity rush remastered you get extra stuff in 2
Yes! You get the old unlockable costumes from 1, to 2. With that theres some good new costumes too, my favorite one being the Angel costume with wings and a mask (kali)
>>
>>386540186
It was so much fun fighting her.
>>
>>386544735
Honestly I don't think the fps cut is such a huge issue for this game in particular, since it's not like it's a fast paced action game. Sure, any game is better at higher framerate, I cannot argue with that. But in this case I think it's a good enough trade-off for getting a much better draw distance and overall better detalization and higher res textures.

As for the more complex geometry, I couldn't agree more. I found myself getting stuck on tiny bits protruding from the buildings way more often than before. Or suddenly get glued to a wall when sliding on the streets.
>>
>>386545007
I really hated that fight at first, since she fucking grabs you out of air mid kick animation and can actually continue comboing you while you're on the ground in recovery animation.
But then I discovered the joy of hand to hand jupiter style combat.
>>
>>386545007
Kali is a big girl and she fights like one, I love it
>>
I want to impregnate Raven
>>
>>386545216
Revenge is best served in Jupiter style.
>>
>>386545401
Calm down, Kat. You don't testicles.
>>
>>386545406
Jupiter style block is super good. Can block aoe stuff like that giant nevi's explosions too. Also staggers enemies that don't normally stagger like the rare green nevi.
Now go fight the beefed up bosses in the trench.
>>
File: image.jpg (440KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
440KB, 900x900px
I actually really enjoyed GR2, like it had it's problems but it was mostly just a really fun ride. I think the characters and setting go a long way to making the whole thing better than it otherwise would be.

There's only one thing that I don't get, though it's mostly to do with the DLC:

If Raven changed time so she didn't need to rescue the kids, that would would mean that she wouldn't have the same reason to be antagonistic to Kat, right? So how different was their first meeting?
>>
File: received_2307378012819988.jpg (17KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
received_2307378012819988.jpg
17KB, 498x456px
>>386545401
You'll have to go through me first
>>
>>386545695
I didn't get far in the Trench. Or did I? I got far enough to platinum it. I don't remember spending a lot of time in there though.
>>
>>386545792
You only need to go to like layer 3 for the trophy. Which is hardly different from the normal mines. It's 50 layers deep.

You get radiant and brilliant stones from it. Which have skills like Destroyer and Almighty.
>>
>>386545696
Is the dlc long? I have yet to start it
I have a hard time completely finishing games I love
>>
>>386546418
It's not very long, only a few hours; if you don't get stuck you can clear it in one sitting.
I get that sometimes, not sure what to suggest other than just powering through.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.