[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

90s /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1472312853027.jpg (50KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472312853027.jpg
50KB, 720x720px
What do think threads and board culture would have been like if 4chan and /v/ was created in tge 90s?

Bonus points if /v/ was indeed created in the 90s how different if any difference would the board be today?
>>
File: 1498572829115.jpg (21KB, 249x231px) Image search: [Google]
1498572829115.jpg
21KB, 249x231px
Shameful self bump
>>
"This Zelda shit is for fucking Casuals, the last good games were made for the arcades"

"Are you serious, Samus is a girl? Fucking SJWs"
>>
File: 200% Rad.jpg (54KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
200% Rad.jpg
54KB, 500x738px
>>386540083
Things would be a lot more rad that's for sure.
>>
>>386541221
The real /v/ wasn't this pathetic when it was first created. If it had been around in the 90s it would've had a more mature userbase because little kids weren't really on the internet holding discussions yet.

Although eventually we reach the September That Never Ends and history takes its due course from there.
>>
>>386540083
Radical
>>
>>386541564
this.
it would have been like usenet. high quality posts would be higher and low quality trolls would be lower. but at the very least there would be no ironic shitposting. that was a reddit invention and it ravished this board like no other
>>
>>386541221
Back to /leftypol/
>>
>>386541769
>ironic shitposting
One of the worst things to come out of this site.
>>
>>386542061
i assure you it was reddit. the old /v/ really did take a kind of awkward pride in this place. after they lost /b/ they swore they would never let anything like that happen again. it wasnt the neckbeards that were shitting where they ate. it was reddit coming over here, realizing that anonymous posting means no accountability, and just flooding the place with shit. there was either no captcha or you could just "nigger" through them (cant remember it was forever ago) and thus there was noone to save us. then reddit told all of their faggot friends and the place has been shit ever since, with other sites like neogaf and 9fag doing the same fucking thing
>>
>>386542425
Oh indeed. Add in the fact that /v/ has rarely ever been able to self moderate itself in the absence of mods and it's just the worst combination you could ask for.
>>
>>386542550
yup. faggots kept taking the bait. i remember days where the first 5 pages or so had every single thread either started as a troll thread or derailed by faggots. i guess in the long run it made a lot of posters change boards and made them stronger against such faggotry. shame though, because looking at the catalog now, it
>>
>>386542947
*never really recovered
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.