[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The"git gud" mentality is a cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 40

File: darksouls.jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
Nowadays it's impossible to criticize certains aspects of a game without hearing a horde of idiots screaming altogether "git gud"
Where did that come from is it from this game or from something else ?
Why is it so persistent ?
It's absolutely impossible to criticize stuff without elitists coming in and saying "it's not the game fault, you suck". And not only in dark souls, it happens in a lot of games from very diffent genre.
Where did it all go wrong
>>
>>386539791
Git gud, faggot.
>>
File: cat-stock-photos-1.jpg (34KB, 700x419px) Image search: [Google]
cat-stock-photos-1.jpg
34KB, 700x419px
>>386539791
git gud
>>
Honestly faggot, just get good.
It wouldn't have become a catchphrases if it didn't have merit.
>>
become decent
>>
File: git gud.jpg (38KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
38KB, 534x486px
>>386539791
>>
>>386539791
you suck
git gud
>>
Maybe you should stop criticising aspects of the game that are clearly dependant on your own skill or lack there of then.
>>
>>386539886
>It wouldn't have become a catchphrases if it didn't have merit.
Are you retarded? There are a lot of repeatly said things that are outright falss
>>
File: Monster_Hunter_logo.png (152KB, 386x273px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Hunter_logo.png
152KB, 386x273px
Hit it until it dies, don't get hit.
>>
>>386539791
lmao git gud nigga
>>
>>386540009
>dont get hit by large hitboxes the size of a house
>>
>>386539791
Git gud or KYS
>>
>>386539791
It's a legitimate point though

Dark Souls is a different game depending on who's playing. If you're not good at the game, you're obviously going to have a very different experience than someone who is good, so to judge the game before you take the time to acquire proficiency means you're not going to leave with the full Dark Souls experience.
>>
I was telling people who whined about counterstrike to get good in like 2003.

Sometimes the things you're complaining about are what people who are good at the game like about it. Maybe if you weren't a shitter you'd appreciate it too.
>>
Having the opposite would be far worse. The git gud thing is a necessary reaction to the drones of shitter normies that try to make every game easier and dumbed down so their tiny brains can figure it out.
>>
>>386540000
Nice quads.
Okay, seriously now, listen here. Sure, the phrase gets misused often. All idioms do.
In its purest form though, getting told "git gud" means that you were wrongfully complaining about something in the game being "bullshit" or "impossible" or "unfair" etc., because in truth it's just something that cannot be cheesed, and requires good reaction times and skill from the player. Nothing more, nothing less.
Especially if that happens in a game you're not very familiar with. You should give the fanbase some credit. They are likely to be much more experienced than you and can tell which parts are actually objectively bullshit, and which you really should just git gud at.
>>
It's a reaction against the constant handholding and simplification which games have been going through.if you're getting told that it is probably because you are criticising things which are simply intended aspects of the gameplay instead of actual faults.
Also you're probably a faggot and people are just sick of hearing you whine about everything.
Learn to play princess
>>
>>386539791
Souls games don't have a real combat system it's all timing and button mashing. So all you do is master reading enemies, then you think you're gud at the game.
>>
>>386540190
>>>386539791 (OP)
>It's a legitimate point though
>Dark Souls is a different game depending on who's playing. If you're not good at the game, you're obviously going to have a very different experience than someone who is good, so to judge the game before you take the time to acquire proficiency means you're not going to leave with the full Dark Souls experience.

So like Superman 64, only pros know that superman 64 is truly a great game
>>
>>386540227
Yeah but isn't there some sort of middleground ? like i understand the purpose of git gud, the fear of casualisation etc but does that mean that every single criticism or discussion about a game should be avoided because of it ?
>>
File: 1474816013110.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474816013110.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386540303
Sick false equivalency, git gud
>>
File: pepe.png (393KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
393KB, 785x757px
>>386540259
>You should just listen to fanboys because they are so experienced and will objectively judge a game.
OP is criticizing that you can't discuss anything without this dumb meme. It doesn't matter who is right in a specific case. The problem is that you just can't have a discussion in the first place.
>>
>>386539791
Legitimate criticism is welcome, although it's already been done to death. Thing is, most "criticism" is just a "this particular thing isn't skewed in my favour" complaint. If you complain about teleporting dogs or the PC teleporting after you hit a bridge or illusory wall, people might tell you to gut gud or that you were outplayed, but it's obviously jokingly. If you complain about 2 areas in the whole game favouring invaders, then literally, unironically git gud fagt
>>
>>386540568
this looks like a boy in make up
>>
>>386540732
why does that make it better
>>
Why is Dark Souls getting so much hate as of late?
>>
>>386540573
>criticizing
Sounds more like a rant to me.
>The problem is that you just can't have a discussion in the first place.
From an uninformed person point of view it might seem so.
The community on the other hand is probably just tired of less skilled player complain about non-issues, so they just brush off such "discussions" by telling them to git gud.

Believe me, people rarely drop a "git gud" when you come to them with an actually valid complaint.
>>
>>386540775
contrarians like to hold old shit under intense scrutiny years after the fact

there are people on the internet right now that loved the matrix a decade ago that will tell you now that it's a bad movie
>>
>>386540802
>You just have to believe me!
Then prove that you are not bullshitting and name three (3) valid complaints about Dark Souls.
>>
>>386539791
Why are Dark Souls fans so autistic? Any form of criticism results in death threats or a thread unironically filled with git gud
>>
>>386540607
Look to give you an example i was trying to dicuss a few days ago with some people about the lack of tutorial, and by that i mean legitimate basic mechanics teaching tutorial, in tekken 7 and the messages i got were "you don't need it go training mode" "we are sick of this handholding" and ultimately "git gud, learn shit for yourself", to me it was an important mode for the game to have, but there wasn't even a possibility to discuss it because somehow it was already my fault and i needed to "git gud", that's the type of criticism i'm talking about.
>>
>>386540732
I'd jam my dick in regardless
>>
>>386539791
shit went wrong when the last generation of kids got used to ez pz handholding games like skyrim. a decade ago, if a game was hard, it was fucking hard and people dealt with it by coming up with new tactics and shit. today if a game is hard all the kids write salty emails to the developer "hurr durr this game is way to hard fro me make it easier". this is where GIT FUKKN GUD comes in pretty handy.
>>
>>386540942
Some inaccurate hitboxes here and there.
Enemies being able to hit you through walls, when your weapons bounce off of them.
Bugs and glitches in general.

There are way more valid ones than that.
Still even then, if you're aware of those issues, you can learn to play around them.
I mean, it's not like they're magically gonna go away, simply because you cried about them on an anonymous forum. After all they haven't been patched yet.
>>
>>386540267
>all you do is get good at the game.
>>
>>386541137
Bug and glitches in general isn't exactly a valid complaint, there isn't a single game thats completely bug free. Plus its a game bug tested by Bandai Namco, expecting anything from their testing department is a joke
>>
>>386541223
How are they not a valid complaint?
If you didn't do anything wrong as a player, but died due to a bug, then it's a valid complaint.

A scenario when you die because you mistimed your roll and complain how the dodge windows are unfairly narrow is an example of an invalid complaint.
>>
>>386541137
So the game really is THAT perfect? You convinced me anon. The fan base is absolutely capable of handling criticism.
>>
>>386541223
>bugs
>glitches
>not valid complaint
autism
>>
>>386541223
>Bug and glitches in general isn't exactly a valid complain
How in the fuck they aren't?
>>
>>386541430
Not him but I can think of other valid complains. But, they are more of personal peeves.
The game may not be perfect but it's very solid mechanics-wise.
>>
>>386539791
Acquire a higher skill level
>>
>>386541430
I just named a few of the most glaring issues present throughout the whole game. As I said, there are quite a few individual cases.
I'm saying there isn't some huge conceptual fault in the game, that is seemingly left unnoticed by the fanbase. And then when the bright newcomers to the series try point out this hypothetical problem, they get shut down by a rabid fanbase by git gud posting.
>>
>>386539791
>I do not have to improve, I am great as I am
You are the problem with modern world
>>
It actually started with the PC release of Dark Souls. Prior the community was very helpful. Look at bloodbprne threads to get a sense of the helpful information they provide each other.

And coming from demons souls. Dark souls have these problems
>input lag for rolls
>clipping
>imbalanced weapons
>most bosses are just repeats of demon souls bosses
>>
>complain about difficult part of game
>always ALWAYS that one cunt claiming it was easy
>>
>>386540267
If that's not a real combat system then what is?
>>
>>386541137
>>386541873
Let's do this differently. Provide me with a post that points out as many/or only the most valid complaints you can think about. Whatever you think it takes to make a convincing point. I will create a thread about this in several days. We will see how the community reacts to that. I can't just take your word for it.

I'm not satisfied with your post because your points are partially redundant and you avoided naming things precisely ("bugs and glitches" is something you can say about pretty much any game) and because none of these are more than minor complaints and you even said so yourself by saying that there are way more valid points.
>>
>>386539791
stop crying and git gud
>>
>>386539791

git gud or git rekt, faggot.
>>
>>386542123
>Provide me with a post that points out as many/or only the most valid complaints you can think about.
I honestly don't have time doing anything of the sort.
I'm feeling there's something in particular you want an affirmation to from the fans of the series. Something you got told to git gud at previously.
If so, just get straight to the point.
>>
>>386540942
Since DS2 game uses dodge to also initiate run even in lockon which means your roll suffers from variable delay as it comes out on key release instead of press like timing sensitive things should. No packing the roll with retarded amount of invincibility like in DS3 doesn't help.

Hitboxes depending on the entry and specific enemy vary from okayish to awful.

Every entry in the series has at least one shitty gimmicky boss like Bed/Dracons/BigassdragonfromDS2 that are either easy and a waste of slot or Bed of Chaos.

Weapon moveset variety sucks very much, you will be 95% of the time just slamming R1 unless you are in PvP (actually sometimes even in PvP). Like holy shit DS3 weapon arts tried to fix it but they were still mostly very useless bare some shield breaks.
>>
>>386542346
t. cuck
>>
>>386542123
Not that anon but I only have the following complains about the game:
>Lost Izalith being a tedious area in general with the longest walk from the nearest bonfire to the boss and a very gimmicky boss
>The Gravelord covenant doesn't work.
>Certain equipment being dependant on covenant ranks, forcing you to farm rare drop items given how people don't really like to play as those covenants
>When you get the lordvessel you can't teleport to every bonfire in the game, forcing you to do a lot of walking.
That's it. I have no other criticism towards it because I think it's a very well done game.
>>
After years of not playing games I got Metal Gear Rising, I could not beat blade wolf, wishing it was easier or find a way to cheese him. Then I had an epiphany "stop being shit and git gud" and so I did, started paying attention, learned how to parry and dodge, stopped getting greedy with my attacks, beat him and carried on.
I then got dark souls and really enjoyed it.
>>
>>386542526
But did you S rank it?
>>
>>386542346
No, I never made a thread about Dark Souls in fact, but I agree with OP. I have only discussed some problems I have with the game with a friend and while he did agree with some of my points it took some time and he was overly defensive about it. I expected you to avoid doing what I ask. Thanks for proving OP's point.
>>386542449
Thanks for actually providing something. I'm actually very curious how this would turn out. It's not really formatted as an OP post so either you modify it a bit or I will adjust it as I see fit. Also needs a picture.
>>
>>386542682
I'm saying listing every single thing that I think is wrong with the game it would take too long because there are too many. Not the other way around.
But I'm also saying those things are often not not what the so-called critics of the game complain about. And that the git gud replies they get are more often than not well deserved.
>>
>>386540190
I used to also be autistic and literally just think if someone didn't like it they probably just weren't good at the game
Really, the gameplay requires so little mental capacity
You only need to mash 3 buttons to play the whole game, the only real learning part is just looking at what moves an enemy can do
There's a ridiculous amount of cheese builds and strategies that exist, because the game isn't meant to be deep or anything, they just try to make you think it's hard
>>
File: 1438114793737.png (322KB, 804x804px) Image search: [Google]
1438114793737.png
322KB, 804x804px
>>386539791
It originated from Dark Souls and it was a pretty clever way to tell people to fuck off who wrote blogposts about "artificial difficulty" when it was clear that they were the ones fucking up obvious things.

Of course since then it become mainstream and people started overusing and misusing it.
>>
>>386542667
My xbox ate shit before I could. I want to get it on steam next sale.
>>
The only game where I hit a barriar similar to this is Nier Automata.

I loved the game, wanted to discuss it, but people told me to read this and that, because everything is explained some other medium, further discussion or theory crafting is pointless.

I told them that this is bullshit. Every film, book etc. should work as a whole in itself, or else it's just a shitty experience. You don't care if X has a huge backstory in the comic if he feels underdeveloped in the movie, for example.

Besides, the writer's world building in said other mediums are right out spoonfeeding.

They told me that's how Taro works, either deal with it or get out.

So I got out.
>>
>>386540568
>he hasn't got gud at superman 64

Sad!
>>
>>386542884
>It would take too long because there are too many.
I said only list some of them then. Whatever it takes for you to make a convincing point. Shouldn't be too much work. I really just want to see if you could make a proper discussion thread about the game's flaws happen. That's all. If you can I will admit that I was wrong and you got proof to support your argument.
>>
>>386542935
>You only need to mash 3 buttons to play the whole game, the only real learning part is just looking at what moves an enemy can do
>There's a ridiculous amount of cheese builds and strategies that exist, because the game isn't meant to be deep or anything
I don't think anyone would actually argue with that. But neither anyone is trying to make you think the Soul series is some super hardcore modern day Silver Surfer or something.
The game's really punishing, but it's not that hard not to make mistakes in the first place.
It's just that most people who complain about it have the most problems with the "looking at what moves an enemy can do" part. Which you can't blame on the game.
>>
>>386539791
What is your critique, exactly?
>>
that's simple
If you suck at playing, you should fail, and see the character representing you die a horrible death if you decide not to continue. Video games have always been about challenge and player's struggle to overcome it
>>
>>386539791
If you criticize lost izalith anyone will agree with
other than that dark souls is one of the fairest "difficult" games out there
>>
Dark Souls is really easy when you realize it has a movement queue and learn how to manage your stamina.
If you think you can go in button smashing and the enemy ai is just going to stand there and take it you're going to eat shit.
There are many things that are wrong with the game that were not patched but part of gittin gud is learning to overcome this things.
>>
>>386543173
What annoys me is that people will think that how well they do in these games is some kind of accomplishment, like it's impressive and validates their capabilities in games in general
>>
>>386543178
OP here, I wanted to say that when you have some negative opinions or point you want to legitimately criticize in some games, for example dark souls, some people will immediately jump on you tell you "it's because you suck" "git gud faggit" negating every possibility of exchange or discussion. What i'm getting at is how exaclty did that whole thing spread in entire different games and genre and what exactly can be done ?
>>
>>386539791
>Where did it all go wrong
Dark Souls PC port.
>>
>>386539791
Dark Souls games have many flaws and issues that deserve being criticized. But none of them have anything to do with balance/difficulty or player's ability to game.
If you critique a feature in DS and get "git gud" as a reply, you should fucking take it and git fud faggot
>>
>>386539791
wait... is this your new job now that they kick you from polygon?
>>
>>386543107
that's a shame,
Nier has some fantastic backstories which were only fully explained in it's artbook. It would be better if they could be found fully in the game but it's not like you couldn't find anything on the internet these days anyway.
>>
>>386543413
maybe you shouldn't listen to those people and focus on having meaningful conversation with somebody other than a bunch of memeing children
>>
It's a valid criticism some times but not all the time. Examples would be if you were playing DS1 as your first souls game and you get frustrated at being unable to beat the asylum demon. That's a great boss with very clear telegraphed attacks and an obvious winning strategy that doesn't need explanation. If you can't beat it you just need to get better, the game has given you all the tools you need. Iydex Gundyr (or whatever) is a shit boss and if DS3 was your first souls game and you came up against him and got frustrated that you couldn't beat his second phase that would be fine and 'git gud' wouldn't be a valid retort. His first phase is very much like the asylum demon, clear animations and hitboxes, most of his attacks sweep left to right so you have an obvious strategy to dodge most moves. WHen you get to his 2nd phase it's a total shitshow of flailing tentacles and bad hitboxes / confusing animations.
>>
File: bruh.png (44KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
44KB, 625x626px
>>386540267
>Souls games don't have a real combat system
>>
>>386543329

Lost Izalith isnt really hard. Its just boring, poorly designed and rushed as fuck.
>>
>>386543553
I completely agree, except it's literally everywhere, people trying to meme the fuck out of a conversation.
>>
>>386539791
Can't see the problem really since nowadays almost all games are made for people like you with rare exceptions. Unless... you are mad because other people enjoy a game actually having a somekind of difficulty.
>>
>>386543570
I completely agree, i mean i can understand the idea behind git gud, but my point is it shouldn't be used as some way to shut off any criticism or discussion just because the opinions are different.
>>
>>386539791
Newfags blow everything out of proportion and overuse everything there is until it lost its initial meaning.
This happened to
shill
autist
weeb
waifu
meme
and many more words and concepts

"git gud" used to be a valid answer for people lacking skill that still complain about the game being bad but it's not used like this anymore, at least not exclusively.

There's nothing you can do about this though. Just don't pay any attention to it.
>>
>>386543754
You don't really get my point, i'm not talking about difficulty or game being hard or whataver, i'm just talking about people spouting git gud everytime someone has some form of criticism against a game, dark souls for example.
>>
File: 1463522670726.jpg (289KB, 964x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1463522670726.jpg
289KB, 964x1020px
>>386539791
>refrain from saying it
>1000 newfags complain crash bandicoot is "too hard"
get good.
>>
>>386543173
>Which you can't blame on the game.
You can if the moves the enemy do are badly designed, which there certainly have been some of in the souls games.
>>
>>386543163
If we're talking about the first game in particular I can't not mention the instant backstabs being an issue. The mechanic endorses passivity and lack of adaptation to different enemies in PvE, and can be quite broken in PvP, considering the connectivity issues, which is another one of the game's problems. But honestly I personally never saw Souls as PvP focused games, I don't do arenas, and I think of invasions as a part of the environmental hazards.

The game also had an issue with action queue. Sometimes when you did several rolls in quick succession, it would save up a roll in the action queue, and the next time you performed any actions other simple walking, like trying to block, you would roll instead. But it didn't happen consistently and was more of a bug.

When fighting huge monsters it was often possible to get stuck on geometry of their bodies, and get pushed off a ledge to your death. Like when fighting a hydra or the drakes in the valley.

Speaking of which, quite a few levels featured some wonky geometry, like the infamous branch bridge leading to one of the chests in Blighttown. You could walk one way just fine, but you'd often slide off of it on your way back.

Some enemies being able to reach you with their long weapons directly through walls, unaffected by the rules the player have to play by, is another issue I already mentioned previously.

As another anon mentioned the entire Lost Izalith level was sort of rushed or even unfinished and generally not as satisfying to play through as the other levels.

Scripted loss against Seath, which results in the player dropping all their souls like normal, wasn't very fair and went sorta against the general paradigm of the game, where otherwise the death of the player in pretty much all cases is due to their own fault.

To name a few. I tried to narrow it down to the issues related to the player bring fully of partially robbed of control over the events on the screen in the most broad sense.
>>
>>386544386
>the moves the enemy do are badly designed
Elaborate. What do you mean by this.
>>
>>386543358
Skill level most certainly does translate to an extent between the games of the similar genre.
>>
>>386543886
I see. Still, I will say it's a natural reaction since a lot of whiners cry about the game being unfair, that they can't save scumming, lack of difficulty meter (all those people who say they like to play games on hard but in reality they play on easy) or how an early enemy skelenton kill them in two hits since they didn't even try to explore other site instead of going to the cemetery every single time. What kind of answer people like that deserves? It just became a meme after that and when you have article from a "game journalism" site like the one mentioned in this pic... you know 'git gud' is just the perfect answer for this kind of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

Buy hey! I'm sure it's the games fault.
>>
>>386539791
Why don't you try stop complaining as a sport?
What you are seeing now is people being fed up with the "being a hater is cool" meme. It dried up, it's not funny anymore.
>>
>>386543570
Iudex actually mostly does the exact same attacks on the second phase, which are just accompanied by some extra range from the black goo. You can notice that if you look at his human body. If you stay in melee range, his metamorphose barely changes the way the fight goes. It does gets more messy if you stay in range though, since you'll be primarily targeted by the monster half, whose attack you're unfamiliar with.
But then again, you're unfamiliar with every boss attack patterns the first time you fight them. In this case it's just divided into phases.
>>
>>386544472
Cool. Thanks for taking your time to do this.
>>
>>386542049
this. the only other faggot i know irl that plays DS is fucking annoying thinking that the game is equally easy for everyone
>>
>>386539791
Dark souls is not Hard!
All it takes is patience and observation. Stop being a casul if you want to play and focus. It was not meant to be something that you goof around in but something to challenge your head.
>>
>>386543431
this. these games shouldve never been played by PCbros
>>
>>386543413
There's a reason for that though.
There are two levels to critiquing a game like this. Dark Souls is the kind of game you have to play a lot of to have a critique that's meaningful to those who played it.
I know that sounds weird, but hear me out:
1. When somebody who doesn't typically play fighting games reviews, let's say Guilty Gear SIGN, and complains about combos being prohibitively difficult, okizeme being total bullshit, or characters like Eddy being unintuitive, or Venom being needlessly complex, it's hard to take their critiques seriously. They're very surface-level critiques made by someone who isn't interested in fighting games.
Now 2. if a seasoned player of a fighting games criticizes Guilty Gear for something like it's lack of throw teching in vanilla SIGN, the critique holds more weight because seasoned players can identify with the complaint.

When someone says "weapons are clunky in Dark Souls", you know right away that the game isn't meant for the critic making the comment, so you can't really get a conversation of merit with this person. They will simply make surface-level observations that are espoused by casuals or players that never really got the game to begin with.

Now if you were to say that "Dark Souls 1 has terrible movesets that reward mashing R1 in almost every situation over using any other move", the critique would be more valid.

Combine this with common complaints (losing Souls is bullshit, enemies deal too much damage, "Boss X" is bullshit, traps are bullshit), and you get a situation of one guy who didn't really invest into the game in any meaningful way trying to tell a bunch of people that did why the game is bad with shallow observation. The common response to this was "git gud."
>>
>>386544842
>you can already see how anon will not learn anything from that
>>
>>386539791
It's a matter of proportion. Are the majority of the people playing the game able to perform tasks you are not and still enjoy it? Then you are the problem.
>>
>>386544532
An enemy's attacks needs to be telegraphed and give you an appropriate window of time to react to it. Their attacks also need to be noticeably different so you know in which way you should react to which move. But some enemies will have two different attacks that look almost completely identical and it becomes very hard, or more a game of luck to react in the right way, or they will have combos with different outcomes and you have no way of knowing what you're going to get nor are you given the time to react to them individually. Something else I find really obnoxious is the "delayed swing" technique that they've been giving to more and more enemies, but the game's combat is shallow enough that I guess this is the only way to make the fights difficult at this point.
>>
>>386545112
>Combine this with common complaints (losing Souls is bullshit, enemies deal too much damage, "Boss X" is bullshit, traps are bullshit), and you get a situation of one guy who didn't really invest into the game in any meaningful way trying to tell a bunch of people that did why the game is bad with shallow observation. The common response to this was "git gud."

Jesus, nigga. That level of brutality was not necessary.
>>
>>386544950
Patience and observation can be hard for some.
Difficulty is not some clearly defined quality. It's a subjective evaluation of the overall trouble you had finishing the game.
>>
>>386545286
This a perfect example of a 'git gud'.
>>
Sometimes people really do just need to git gud. Having complaints is fine, but for instance I saw this one faggot on YouTube complaining that enemies don't stay dead forever and that you have to go through an area again if you die, and claiming it was bad game design. And another guy, I remember on the steam forums for dark souls 2, he actually had trouble with the last giant or whatever he was called. Those people need to realize that it's not the game's fault, its their fault, and they just need to fucking git gud
>>
>>386545286
That very well may be a deliberate design decision to catch off guard overconfident players, who think they've already figured out their opponent.
To actually "git gud" you have to be good at both pattern recognition, but also simply have sharp reflexes and react to unexpected events quickly.
>>
>>386545112
Actual 10/10 post.
>>
>>386539791
OP, what year is it by you?
>>
>>386539791
kek
git gud faggot
>>
Where's the item "good"? I'm being told to get good, but I cannot find it.
>>
>>386541137
>hitboxes
>hitboxes again
>bugs
>>
>>386545573
>Those people need to realize that it's not the game's fault, its their fault, and they just need to fucking git gud

You can't expect that for modern or casual players. Since they are the chosen ones and that's why they do not need to learn. They play, press buttons and always win. If they fail at something, it's always someone else fault or some external thing. It's never their fault.
>>
>>386545112
I feel that people are right to complain about Dark Souls being clunky and using the fact that people can play the game in spite of the controls is not really an excuse.
The input queue lets you buffer inputs nearly a full second ahead of when the next action can be performed. Many games time out the inputs on a shorter schedule and make the player feel more in control. I suspect that Dark Soul's input poling is just a horrible mess that they couldn't fiddle with or it would have removed niche mechanics like toggling out of hit stun.
As an example of how bad the poling is, if you exit the inventory menu on exactly the right part of a frame, you'll perform a left hand shield bash no matter what kind of shield is in your left hand.
On top of that, rolling, one of the game's most critical actions in a timing intensive game, is triggered by the negative edge of the roll button. It's just an needlessly ass-backward configuration.
>>
>>386539791
Everything gone wrong that niggers like you got spoiled by games right from 2007 and after which panders to retards and kids now
>>
>>386545576
I guess I should've mentioned that the reason I find it obnoxious is because I feel like it's overdone and has thus become a cheap and lazy way to up the difficulty. I wouldn't have any problem with it if it was just one particular boss doing it, but they're doing it so much at this point that it feels like the only challenge of the game is having to learn increasingly weirder and dumber attack animations that are just there to keep catching you off-guard. It becomes tedious and the combat loses any semblance of being interesting.
>>
>>386546253
Really? I feel like such simple but elegant mechanics like optional combo follow-up attacks are heavily underused in Souls. The combat in the series is really straightforward for the most part.
>>
>>386539886
People just love quick sentences that stop you from thinking.

"Okay, this part is really badly designed, and it shouldn't be this way, let's debate."
>Git gud

"Okay, Islam is not working with Europe's values, what should we do ?"
>Racist

"Why did they reduce the breasts of Lara Croft ? Just please give me a reason, it didn't need to happen, and it was a signature of Lara since the beginning."
>Virgin
>>
File: 1500868549670.gif (1MB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
1500868549670.gif
1MB, 499x310px
The idea of going back to the days where games were boring handholding cinematic bullshit is so asinine that you deserve to be called out for being a fucking casual when you're playing a game clearly not intended for you as its demographic. There are other games for you. Play them. Why do you have to wander into a game that has an audience that clearly likes it the way it is and criticize it for being difficult? It makes you look like a fucking asshole no matter what.
>>
no ur cancerous
>>
>Tfw been challenging Dancer of the Boreal Valley every few levels or after I beat a boss, since I beat Vordt
>Know all her phase 1 moves but I always fuck up somehow
>Decide to take a regular straight sword and upgrade it to +5, have 11 Estus flasks +5, I get really serious and finally beat her

I feel DS3 is pretty fair, I knew all of the Dancer's phase 1 moves and I fucked up a lot regardless, I think the number of attempts is over at least 40, I'll admit I don't upgrade my equpment (yet) but I doubt that's the issue here, am I just bad at focusing or reading frames? even if I won it still feels bad that no other boss took me more than 10 or 15 attempts and that even if I know all she was going to do I kept making so many mistakes
>>
were you expecting a hint?
>>
Generally speaking the vast majority of game critics are factually bad at games and often times fail at things that even children can comprehend without input from someone else.
>>
>>386539791
It depends on the context really. Sometimes the game is poorly designed, sometimes the player is just a fucking scrub.
>>
>>386540087
WOOOOW THIS MONSTER, WHICH IS THE SIZE OF A HOUSE, HAS A HITBOX THE SIZE OF A HOUSE!!!!????

WTF CRAPCOM DELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>>
File: 1500234631458.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500234631458.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>386546545
Here's your (you).
>>
>>386541137
>Enemies being able to hit you through walls, when your weapons bounce off of them.

You can hit enemies through walls as well. I agree that its dumb, but its not exactly unfair because you can do it as well.
>>
I love how everyone is just proving OP's point. He didn't even criticise any game and everyone is assuming he must be bad at dark souls.
Really goes to show how out of hand this meme is.
>>
File: 7lH70l4l.jpg (57KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
7lH70l4l.jpg
57KB, 466x640px
>>386546064

Dark Souls combat is iconic for its heavy commitment to an action. Its deliberately slow. You are the only one who has this problem. Also, you don't know what negative edge is apparently if you think pressing a button without any motion input is negative edge.
>>
>>386546934
Remember that time when an IGN reviewer got called out on playing the game on the easy mode, which doesn't let you finish the story?
>>
>>386546980
Did I deserve it, or do you give it to me out of pity ?
>>
>>386547027
The jump attack goes through walls, yes, but the silver knights just poking you with their spear through walls and doors in Anor Londo is really annoying.
>>
>>386546893
dude upgrade your damn weapons, that shit is more important than even levelling
>>
>>386546064
I don't think that really makes it clunky, because the game never feels unresponsive. Attacks have startup faster than MP/MK in Street Fighter V for example. When someone says "clunky", I'm thinking they're saying unresponsive, which isn't the case.
There might be problems with the command queuing and weird replacement bugs, but that doesn't mean it's unresponsive. It's actually almost a shame they didn't keep some of this Marvel 2 tech shit in the game.
>>
>>386546545
>"Okay, this part is really badly designed, and it shouldn't be this way, let's debate."
people always actually debate about that kind of stuff, your criticism is very general. people shit on particular aspects of the game all the time (capra demon, hitboxes etc), but overall the game is ok, git gud
>>
>>386547165
And then deleted an entire section of the review.
>>
>>386539791
GET
GOOD
>>
>>386547158
t. OP
>>
File: overwatch community.png (2MB, 2136x3413px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch community.png
2MB, 2136x3413px
>>386539791
git gud
>>
>>386543163
https://youtu.be/Np5PdpsfINA?t=1172
>>
>>386546934
But we're overcorrecting this by drowning possibly valid criticism in "git gud" spam
It has become an easy mode shield for fanboys at this point. They feel like they don't have to engage in discussion by attacking the opponent's skill level, oftentimes without any indication of how skilled or unskilled he is.
People that do this fail to see that you can dislike and criticise mechanics, enemies or whatever without finding them difficult.

It has become as lazy as the argument it's supposed to counter:"it's the game's fault I am bad!"
Now it's:" It's the player's fault the game is bad!"

Then again, I'm not alluding to any games here, nor that I have difficulties with them, just pointing out how far this has come
>>
File: 1495790831031.png (962KB, 1087x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1495790831031.png
962KB, 1087x1081px
>>386546708
That's the best part of this kind of people. There are games designed specifically for them. But, since they see others having fun and want to be part of the group they cry about the requirements for having fun and complain about how the game should be easier so they can have a chance.

They just can't tolerate watching other people having fun without them.
>>
>>386539791
how did it come into being anyways? was it because when people asked how to beat this or that part, the accurate answer of memorization and practice wasn't the quick fix they were looking for, and when they started whining about that the people giving the advice got fed up and instead just tried to piss them off more instead?
>>
>>386547323
I'm not saying everybody does this, I'm just stating the reasons, in my opinion, why you see it so much.

Of course, here, of somebody goes : "Git gud", you can go : "Stupid faggot, if you don't have anything to say, just kys"

But on websites using an upvote system, you'll see "git gud" having 8000 upvotes and the debate is lost.

As for this game in particular, I didn't finish it, so I won't criticize it.
>>
>gift return to wolfenstein to my dad's wife's son
>recently he buys me dark soul on pc
>tell him I don't really play games like this and I could return it since he bought it full price for some reason
>runs like shit 30-20fps
>get to the 2nd world
>lose interest in game after browsing how to do "builds"
>kid asks me if it was too hard for me and stuff like he has something to prove being a console player
>>
File: 1500237186511.png (107KB, 363x372px) Image search: [Google]
1500237186511.png
107KB, 363x372px
>>386547537

Provide context, asshole. Usually git gud is used as a means of, hey, you suck at this clearly misuse of a mechanic. What criticism do you have to offer?
>>
> it happens in a lot of games
>only names dark souls
>doesn't even specify a complaint you might have where ppl would spampost git gud and it supposedly isn't true

Have a (you) and git gud
>>
Am I to trust a video game designer or some random shitter on an image board?

HMM....
>>
>>386547537
Player skill only plays a factor in multiplayer because of the chaotic nature of variable skill levels determining the skill ceiling in any given match.

In a single player game there is a base level that increases in difficulty on a linear path. Everyone faces the exact same difficulty.

So, no, you can easily judge a player's skill based on their complaints in a single player game. Contextual logic applies perfectly in these scenarios.
>>
>>386547810
>trusting anybody
>>
The problem is that people are overly hostile in both ends of the discussion. When someone is stuck and cant progress, instead of admiting they are having trouble and/or suck at the game they vent thier frustrations and try put the fault on the game. Then comes along the people who have gotten past that section (and maybe even never got stuck there) and see someone claiming that a game they enjoy is bad for reasons that dont line up with thier own experiences, so they blame the first persons skill level as the reason, not any inherent problem with the game. It doesnt really matter which one it actually was, everyone just acts overly agressive and isnt willing to admit that they, or their favourite game, isnt flawless.

What should happen instead is, when you are stuck on something in a game, instead of stating that its unfair and bullshit and artifical difficulty, ASK what is the deal with this area/boss/puzzle, go in with an open mind and assume that its just as likely you are missing something obvious as it is that its a bullshit hard section.

Same goes for responding, telling people to "get gud" is meaningless, if they could get good they already would of. The closest contructive advice is "get gud" is "you're doing it right, you just need to keep practicing", which covers some but not all of thesee types of questions. A lot of the time there is actual advice that you can give, tons of players are oblivious to the limb crippling Mechanic in bloodborne for example, or specific damage-type weaknesess or even the famous "walk left" advice for Bloodstarved Beast. If you take the time to write a paragraph clearly explaining the answer to someones problem, there's a much higher chance that they'll actually beat the thing, and then they can share the same advice next time.
>>
File: 1401487366632.jpg (102KB, 487x496px) Image search: [Google]
1401487366632.jpg
102KB, 487x496px
>normies love Dark Souls, /v/ loves Dark Souls
>get Dark Souls 3 on sale
>easy as shit, most deaths are from falling off of ladders
>fast forward to that boss with the edgy knight guys who fight eachother
>beat it first try, no bullshit
>stop playing and come back days later
>forgot what i was doing
>went to that room with the old woman sitting in a chair
>decide to kill her
>that fucking dancer of boreal valley or whatever appears
>i'm underleveled as shit and my attacks do barely and damage at all
i just stopped playing there, this was 8 months ago. How is that fun? boring empty map with no interaction with characters besides that one guy in the fucking onion armor.

Enjoy blogpost
>>
it's more like git mastery

personal skill has a ceiling
>>
>>386547810
fuck the designer's "'"artistic vision""" i'm the consumer i know better whats good
>>
>wahhh i am bad at the game, don't make me feel bad because of it
eat shit faggot
gg
>>
File: 1500080493961.jpg (119KB, 1365x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500080493961.jpg
119KB, 1365x1080px
>>386547537

This reminds me of the other day when we had the talk of why casuals can't into fighting games. There was constant whining like:

>Why do I have to learn fundamentals?
>Why do I have to input difficult motions?
>Why do I need to know frame data?
>Why should I care about footises?
>I should feel good for winning with just combos, its only about the combos!

Then they'd call the genre artificial difficulty or some bullshit. Nobody here has anything against criticism. Its how the criticism is framed. Context matters. There's clearly a very fine line between actually providing criticism and whining about how a game or genre is designed in such a way where complaining about its implementation is baffling. Dark Souls has problems, we all know this. We're not pretending its perfect. If you complain about its combat, though, something that has been proven down to the T is very finely made that even somebody blind can understand it, well, that clearly makes you stand out as an irritating casual. Complaining about how frustrating the lack of options with parry is fine. Complaining about weapon tiers I can understand. Straight up complaining about how the gameplay is flawed when the majority enjoys it? You think you're going to be met with positive reception? That'a asinine.
>>
>>386539791
Git Gud, faggot.
>>
>>386547161
I have problem with it too. Also doesn't change the fact that dodging on button release is assbackward.
>>
>>386547286
I'm trying not to upgrade anything that requires any titanite that's not normal shards, mostly because I'm collecting boss weapons and I've been told that I should focus on a single weapon to upgrade, is there any weapon type that's not viable? I want to like the demon fists and dancer enchanted swords but they don't seem to work well against targets with high poise or mobility
>>
>>386539791
If someone had told Aonuma "git gud" when he lost to Octoroks, maybe Zelda might not have been braindead puzzles for babies for 20 years of its life.
>>
>>386548042
How can they even do combos if they can't do inputs? Almost every combo in a fighting game involves at least two specials.

Hell, even in casual snore fighter V Karin's optimum combo requires an EX dash cancel right in the middle.
>>
>>386548143
Later in the game you can farm and even buy Twinkling Titanite and Titanite Scales, not to mention the game gives an assload for free as well. The only non-renewable resource is Titanite Slabs, which are needed for the final tier of upgrading, but the game gives you enough to take 15 weapons to max level each playthrough, so its really not an issue.
>>
File: 1500077088213.jpg (128KB, 1000x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1500077088213.jpg
128KB, 1000x1075px
Another thing. In continuation of >>386548042

We've hit a fine barrier lately with the generation where its clearly obvious people have adjusted to handholding to a certain degree that its often expected. They don't like the feeling of the unknown in video games. They don't like the feeling of having to learn on their own or from their mistakes. Losing is not a lesson but instead an aggravating process. That's fair enough, the last generation consisted of games that had you losing for factors that were outside of your control. Random probability of inevitably dying rather than dying because you failed led to conditioning that dying is not the player's fault. Now we're finally coming back around and we're having games that have you die and its your fault and people haven't re-adjusted to it. People stopped having fun in actually spending time with a game and focused more on beating it. That's the problem there. Stop caring about winning Dark Souls. Start learning how to play Dark Souls.

>>386548343
Man, casuals are a contradicting bunch, what do you expect? SFV's existence more or less frustrates the hardcore but also validates what we all know in our hearts; casuals don't bother going into genres with an expected skill climb regardless of universal genre fundamentals.
>>
>>386539791

It didnt, it just came full circle.

Gaming used to always be get good, arcades stole your quarters and fucked you over outright on purpose to keep playing or else you paid more.

Games got into casual form later on where you could be good or bad and were just along for the ride focusing more on story or universe and less on gameplay.

Games are starting to swing back again.

You are showing your age with this post. I assume you are 16-22 years old, are a youngest child or only child and will eventually give up gaming all together in the next 10 years.
>>
OP probably plays (or pretend to play) with a control and still whine about it.

Meanwhile there are people beating the the game with guitars or bongos.

Fucking bongos.
>>
File: 1502196285892.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
1502196285892.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>386548042
>>386548548
>>
>>386539791
Are you that guy creating "Crash has become Dark Souls" thread for time to time?
>>
>It's the game's fault that I suck at the game

gitgud or kill yourself
>>
>>386540962
They can't stand the fact that their game is poorly designed trash.
>>
>>386548486
Well shit anon, thanks, I felt a bit proud that I was able to get through all that with unupgraded equipment since I tend to save powering up in games until I hit a wall unless it unlocks new powers or skills to then see a vast increase in performance, but also thought that resources/lizards might be limited, you might have unleashed a beast
>>
>>386548548
I think it's funny because SFV did the exact opposite of what Capcom wanted. It actually increased the gap between normal players and high tier players. Even SF3 never had a gulf as bad as the Gold wall for casuals.

For the hardcore SFV is more a problem of variety and limited game plan, but the lack of that variety allows the pros to dominate that much harder.
>>
>>386548548
>they dont like the feeling of the unknown in videogames
which is why the popularity of roguelike and RNG heavy games has skyrocketed in the past few years, right?
>nu Xcom
>FTL
>Darkest Dungeon
>Binding of Isaac
>>
File: 1486016469002.jpg (343KB, 1446x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486016469002.jpg
343KB, 1446x1080px
>>386548042
>>386548548
>>
>>386547828
>you can easily judge skill based on the complaints
Wrong.
Acknowledging that a part was unfair, clumsily or otherwise badly designed doesn't mean that you didn't get past that part with ease.
Let's take durability for equipment in RPGs as an example.
Now criticising this as being a tedious mechanic doesn't mean I am not capable of handling it, I might just find it unnecessary
(I don't, just to clear that up, never know when some fanboys arw around)
I find the first capra demon encounter unfair, too. Today I beat him naked with the club only first try (See how I have to defend myself already because people are already copy pasting their "git guds"?) but I still think that this fight relies too much on the cramped space and the two dogs which fuck you up if you don't have poise.
I can dislike this without not being able to handle it.
Another thing is how Ornsteins dash gets visually interrupted by Smough or other obstacles , he slows down to a halt but when the line of sight is cleared he continues the animation without warning.
Yes, I beat O&S solo and SL 1 numerous times, yet I find this element of O's move set badly designed.

Now these are all opinions, but none have to do with me being bad (or good) at the game.
>>386548042

I agree. As I said initially. "git gud" isn't wrong in itself. It's when it's overused to a point where valid criticism gets smothered by irrational fanboys who are too immature to disagree on disagreeing but need to discredit their opponent to devalue his criticism.
>>
File: 1500065511873.jpg (339KB, 564x755px) Image search: [Google]
1500065511873.jpg
339KB, 564x755px
>>386548859

Like I said, the game has problems. I do think its an excellent gateway for people new to the genre. This is the one time I think I can say, hey, you don't have to worry about hit confirms because the game just gives it to you. Its better than Rising Thunder or the infuriatingly insulting Fantasy Strike.
>>
>>386549038
>I agree. As I said initially. "git gud" isn't wrong in itself. It's when it's overused to a point where valid criticism gets smothered by irrational fanboys who are too immature to disagree on disagreeing but need to discredit their opponent to devalue his criticism.
Op here, thank you this was exactly my point
>>
>>386540732
only makes it better
>>
File: 1490743021490.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1490743021490.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
>>386548042
>Game has its problems
>Gameplay is fine

Contradicted your own self right there. Bugs, clipping, impossible hitboxes, invincible shockwaves etc. are all part of the gameplay. You can't say they're just "problems" then conveniently leave them out of gameplay because you like it.

You could've just said you like it even if its flawed and that'd be fine but you just had to go the extra mile.
>>
>>386548548
You can see this shit in forums since years. Some nigga starts a game and he creates threads and post ate very minute about every fucking thing.

>What do I do with this?
>Whats this item for?
>Tutorial press X to advance, how do I advance?

Can someone post the screenshot about Divinity Original Sin II forums.
>>
File: 1500157737193.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1500157737193.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>386548947

Roguelites fall under a very specific type of meta, though. You're not caring about winning. You're caring about how you understand the ins and outs of its mechanics through constant playtthroughs. Also, death is handled differently with the genre than other games but it still follows the same philosphy as I preached. You're suppose to learn why you died. Albeit, I'll admit FTL is a very different case all together in comparison to mechanic heavy games like X-Com, DD, and BOI.
>>
>fucking /ffg/ts trying to make their button masher games look more complicated than they actually are
Every fucking time.
>>
>>386548042
>Why do I have to input difficult motions?
This is the only one you said that I actually say is bullshit. The only reason those motions were like that in the first place was because special moves used to be secrets. In today's world of 8 button controllers there's no reason to require them, that complexity would be better spent on combos and other things that add to depth, instead of just making the game obtuse to play. QCF+X is one thing, massive input strings are another.

t. Ex fitan gaem player.
>>
>>386546969
made me chuckle
>>
File: excitement.jpg (282KB, 874x951px) Image search: [Google]
excitement.jpg
282KB, 874x951px
>>386539791
Player A beats a hard game. He didn't enjoy it all the way, but the urge to defeat a hard game kept him going. Only after beating the game did he feel good, but the journey there was unpleasant.

Player B doesn't care for the game. He tried it, but found it tediously unfun and didn't see merit in finishing it just for the sake of it. Player B also finds numerous other flaws in the game that irk him, all with merit that further bolster his demotivation to play the game. He moves on.

Player A see his opinion and takes this as a personal insult to his gaming accomplisment. He feels like player B is undermining him when he's in fact explaining his opinion. Player A will thus defend the game for every flaw player B presented, but fails to impress because he actually also agrees with player B.

Thus player A simply states: GIT GUD

Because he's not smart, and doesn't realize "hard" is also just another flavor.
>>
>>386549375
Like a true Fallout 4 player.
>>
>>386549713
>"Input motions have no bearing on a moves viability or strategic value"
t. Bad ex fitan gaem player.
>>
File: 1500078227142.png (1007KB, 2048x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1500078227142.png
1007KB, 2048x1300px
>>386549713

Don't make me fucking call your shit out, okay? The genre is balanced around input motions. If Zangief could press a button and do an SPD without warning there would be no way to anticipate it. It would just come out. Every archetype would break.
>>
>>386539791
Why don't you just git gud
Or play assassins creed instead ?

Noone cares about your bitching. If the criticism is valid than it WILL inevitably overcome the git good meme.

Anyway. Git gud you looser
>>
It's always been around in some form or another
Any time I'd ask my brother how to beat some part of castlevania or megaman he'd answer "very carefully"
And you know what? I fucking got gud instead of bitching about it on a bohemian spirit-cooking forum
>>
>>386549854
I generally dont play anything with guns or first person camera on it. Vanquish was the only recent exception.

Get back at me when you solo Kalameet and Midir NG+ with greataxes.
>>
>>386549783
Why do you reply to yourself and projecting at the same time?
>>
>>386550147
Not an argument. I'm not OP. I'm not projecting.
>>
>>386540573
You can. If your criticism is valid it will be heard.
All that this fag Is whining about is the git good meme.
Sad
>>
>>386550116
Watch it in youtube counts?
>>
>>386539791
Because dark souls really is a "hard game" for complete shitters that can't play strategy or roguelikes. They are just trying to show that they are better than everyone else for beating a "hard game"
>>
>>386550116
>Get back at me when you solo Kalameet and Midir NG+ with greataxes.
So, on easy mode?
>>
>>386540259
In some cases something can be poorly designed and brushing this off by telling people to "get good" is people don't wanting to accept or argue said game design.

For example, is something difficult for the right reasons? Bad camera, bad controls, trial and error and so on can all tie into close-minded people telling others to just replaying it until they beat it.

The Souls games for example have tons of stuff that is legit poorly designed.
>>
>>386550275
Nope. And dont summon either, you'll get even harder fights on these 2 that way.

>>386550342
What's hard mode then?
>>
>>386550202
>Not an argument.

Just like your post. I mean...

>I'm not projecting.

Really? How many "Player A" examples do you know?
>>
>>386550202
The lady doth protest too much
>>
>>386539791
Dozen undred of people rape the game, and you cannot, what do you want other than a 'git gud'
>>
>>386550405
Some weak shit without vertical reach, like spears or daggers.
>>
Dark Souls isn't even hard, just designed to frustrate and punish errors hard
>>
>>386539791
git gut mentality has become reddit
>>
>>386539886
But "traps aren't gay" and "feminine penis" are meme catchphrases that are both wrong.

>>inb4 sexually confused posters claim "the dick makes it better"
>>
File: madagents.png (89KB, 260x229px) Image search: [Google]
madagents.png
89KB, 260x229px
>decide to try Dark Souls
>it's the worst port I've ever played
>'B-but mods mostly fix it'
FUCK OFF
>>
>>386550513
So easy mode with more patience then.
>>
>>386549949
>>386549981
That mentality is why the genre is dying. There is nothing inherently more skilled about memorizing inputs compared to knowing the game, it's just a meaningless legacy barrier. Stop getting so fucking triggered and read the post you mongoloids. Never did I say everything needs to be mapped to single buttons, just that super-long input strings are retarded.
>>
>>386546545
git gud u racist virgin
>>
The amount of redditors in this thread, holy shit.
>>
File: 1499912976772.gif (2MB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
1499912976772.gif
2MB, 700x621px
>>386550671

And you think fighting games are built around combos which they aren't. Please stop contributing to your lack of genre knowledge, okay? Genre's fine as it is. The problem is casuals not wanting to learn. Its like whining about how shooting games require that you learn to look around corners to anticipate campers or when to reload.
>>
File: 1500058872764.png (387KB, 750x649px) Image search: [Google]
1500058872764.png
387KB, 750x649px
>>386550610

I mean, I won't say you're not right. It was their first attempt at a PC port. Whining about how you can't just apply the fix really makes you look like a fucking idiot, though. At least they learned with 2. Don't know what the fuck happened with 3, though.
>>
>>386551164
Once again you're so fucking booty bothered you didn't even read what I said. God forbid I mention combos, I wonder how much of a tism fit you would have thrown if I said parries and frame data.
>>
>>386539791
it stems from criticism of a game that someone doesn't filly grasp
>>
File: nou.jpg (30KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
nou.jpg
30KB, 640x454px
>>386539851
>>
>>386550671
>just that super-long input strings are retarded.
I recommend rock paper scissors. One input and the round's over!
>>
>>386551435
Seems more like it stems from people criticizing what they view as a flaw but which is an aspect of the game fans enjoy
>>
>>386551581
>fighting games are about le epin 30 input super move xD Mortal Kombat was Tha best
This is what you sound like. Nobody is saying to remove stick inputs.
>>
>>386543045
>It originated from Dark Souls

No it fucking didn't.
>>
>>386550671
The genre is dying because 1. it's falling out of favor, and 2. people don't want games where they're held responsible for their failures and losses and they don't want ANY skill barrier whatsoever. Look at the most popular games right now; casual team garbage with a skill ceiling in the basement, built more around metagaming and team composition:
>Overwatch.
>PUBG.
>MOBAs.
All garbage with zero input and games where you can 100% dismiss your failures and losses on others.

Furthermore, fighting games have proven to still be dominated by fighting game players, pushing out casuals that weren't ready to accept the getting rammed by better players. Feel free to watch Rising Thunder for evidence of this. You are either born with the fighting game gene, or you're not, and no amount of simplifying shit is going to make the genre popular again.
>>
>>386551879
>Moving goal posts this hard
You went from talking about inputs in general that pervade the genre to incredibly specific inputs in incredibly specific kusoge. Which is it?
>>
>>386551878
I mean, it could be that way, but it could also be a failure to understand how the game functions mechanically and basing criticism of the game on your flawed perception of how it operates.

There was a guy in a nioh thread the other day that was calling yokai a poorly designed enemy because his only strategy for dealing with them was to slowly and tediously poke them to death at range.

That's a prime example of git gud.
>>
>>386552212
This is a fair viewpoint, but I do disagree. I think that the skill floor has been raised so high that it's impossible for new people to even get in these days, and lowering it a bit would not affect the overall playability and competitiveness of the games.
>>386552279
You're either in dire need of some IQ or trolling. I don't enjoy arguing with retards who are either too dumb to follow a conversation or don't know enough about the subject matter to. Fuck off.
>>
>play DS1
>shitty hitboxes and random lag spikes all the time
>boring map
>cheesy enemies
DS fucking sucks, its not hard at all. the hardest thing has to be tolerating th fanbase
>>
File: valve playtester.jpg (262KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
valve playtester.jpg
262KB, 1280x1024px
>>386539791
Nine times out of ten, if someone tells you to git gud then it's likely you're just retarded.
I'm sorry, but retards don't get to complain about other people being smart.
>>
>>386539791
>a horde of idiots screaming altogether "git gud"
All this says is "I'm mad."
>>
>>386539791
Git gud was the only thing to do during the years of atari, NES and all that shit. If anything, today there is not enough git gud games, replaced by grinding and shit like that.
>>
>>386553035
>dont even mention the difficulty or anything just about the game itself
>LMAO GIT GOOD HAHAHHA
tell me the difference between git gud and bazinga, pro tip: there are none
>>
>>386541217
>>386542079
>>386543598
Its really not though. Do you learn or unlock any moves throughout the game? Or is it just you stringing together animations to give the button mashing a since of style? I like the games but its just light and heavy parry or backstab. Thats as deep as it gets.
>>
>>386542449
>>The Gravelord covenant doesn't work.
Last time I checked Gravelord does work.
It's just that they really fucked up with HOW it works. Its full effects only work on NG+ players.
>>
>>386552582
>Gets called out on retardation several times
>"y-you're dumb"
>"obviously I meant something completely different from what was typed"
Stay bad at fightan, kiddo
>>
>>386539791
There is nothing wrong with saying pointing out bugs, glitches, broken quests, and the like (which trust me dark souls has), but there gets to a point where there really is nothing else to do but get better at the game.
> The boss is too hard
git gud
> I can't parry
git gud
> These enemies one hit kill me
git gud
> I don't have any defense to magic
Get Fucking Gud!

When the second game in the series came out the big complaint was the soul memory system. That is a valid complaint. You can "git gud" around it (if you have a friend or run through half the levels), but enough people hated it that it went missing in the third iteration. Why? Because it is any actually shit mechanic that penalizes players for trying to grind, and guess what? get gud!

tl;dr? A complaint about something you can't control is fine. A complaint about something lacking skill is a matter of an issue between the chair and the key board.
>>
>>386553207
Git gud was developed in response to retards, a way to say "fuck off" to them when your patience has run out.
Bazinga was developed by retards, as a way for them to emit farts through their mouth.
>>
>>386553356
>never once addresses the point
>just gets mad and assumed he won the argument
Stay retarded kiddo.
>>
>>386540009
Yeah this series sucks though
>>
File: 1436278022455.png (65KB, 330x190px) Image search: [Google]
1436278022455.png
65KB, 330x190px
>>386540732
That makes it better
>>
>>386539791
tl;dr

Just git gud faggot
>>
>>386553548
>he gets hit
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
All you have to do to have a 200+ replies thread is type "le dark soulz is le bad"
>>
>>386543045
It originated from Street Fighter, you Fromcuck.
>>
>>386553473
both are spouted by normal fags who think its funny
>>
>>386539791
stems from people blindly defending the flaws of a game 'cos they can beat it
>>
>>386539791
>Where did that come from is it from this game or from something else?

Basically this: >>386549783

>Why is it so persistent?

Developers keep feeding into it because pandering to the "hardcore" is so much easier than doing real work.
>>
>>386540732
yeah I know, killed my boner
>>
File: fagg.jpg (208KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
fagg.jpg
208KB, 650x650px
Monster Hunter is actually harder than Souls series, by far. Go solo G-rank in any game.

But you guys don't want hard. You want meme's. You play popular. You don't play hard.

You aren't hardcore. You're pussies. All of you. Faggot trend following Redditors. Faggots.
>>
>>386539791
>Where did that come from

Wow this board really does get younger and younger everyday. Git gud fag.
>>
>>386554559
Tell me about it, the people who cried about DS2 would have an aneurysm playing Solo G Rank in MHFU.
>>
File: 1338000971063.gif (1MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1338000971063.gif
1MB, 240x135px
>>386554774
>mfw I'm doing just that today
help me anon... I'm running out of honey...
>>
>>386554923
git gud
:^)
>>
File: ITS HAMMER TIME.gif (979KB, 294x166px) Image search: [Google]
ITS HAMMER TIME.gif
979KB, 294x166px
>>386555006
I will!
>>
>>386540087
MH:FU still gives me nightmares.
>>
>>386541357
Because it becomes an issue of bad quality testing, rather than bad design. Which should be fixed too, sure, but that doesn't relate to what git gud is about. It's a complaint in a completely different department.
>>
>>386542935
A strength build can steamroll about every non-DLC boss in the first DS.
>>
>>386543570
I beat him on my first try and actually found the next part of the game far harder than the bossfight itself.
>>
>>386539791
>DUDE THIS BOSS IS SIMPLY BULSHIT(CAPRA DEMON)
>GIT GUD
where are they wrong?
>>
the only bad thing of dark souls is the fuckin pc port
>>
File: 1502010184665.jpg (25KB, 639x586px) Image search: [Google]
1502010184665.jpg
25KB, 639x586px
>>386539791
>become so good in das1 and das2 pvp that i can literally beat any player with the shittiest weapon
>have a 3d map mapped in my head of every area and know every nook and cranny, every way to glitch out the map or use it to my advantage
>know literally every single exploit or tech and can abuse the latency to my advantage in every possible scenario
>people black crystal and alt+f4 the second they come in/i come in their world
what now faggots
>>
>>386557014
That's not the problem here, i'm not talking about difficulty or needing to learn mechanics to progress, those are perfectly fine, the issue though is shutting down any form of criticism with "git gud" basically rendering any dialogue impossible.
>>
>>386557704
but ppl usually say git gud when you complain about the difficulty or mechanics, if someone says it when these topics arent in discussion then they surely have autism
>>
>>386550603
but they do have merit
>>
>>386539791
i think i could agree with you if you had better examples. Dark souls is most likely and objectively a"git gud" game
>>
>>386539791
>never played a souls game
>die to asylum demon 5 times
>learn the controls
>proceed to steamroll the game and beat nearly every on first try
The only challenge is understanding how the game works and finding a decent wep, and then it's all a cakewalk.
>>
>>386553191
You're right tedious, arcade style repetitive grinding memory games are the ultimate example of what video games can and should be
>>
>>386557702
Nothing.
In invasions and duels it's about having style, not just winning. If you don't have style, then your skill doesn't mean shit. It's a game, not real combat.
>>
>>386561463
lmao this is what scrubs actually believe
enjoy your honorbabby playstyle i guess
>>
>>386561812
Who said anything about honor?
Style includes things like roleplaying as Patches.
>>
>>386547607
You don't really need to have a full knowledge on builds to play Dark Souls pvp. I agree about the framerate, but there's dsfix mod for it, if you ignore the whole hype about the game's difficulty you might enjoy it. Then again, you might not aswell.
>>
>>386562680
Dark souls pve I meant.
>>
When people tell you to git gud, it's not always an arbitrary or spiteful response. Despite how useless the advice may seem at first, it's exactly what you need to do.
>>
Usually, both side are just as bad. Both dont want to shut the fuck up. The git gud though is especially retarded though. I can imagine the cool kid saying that and just giddling and telling his mom he posted it again.
>>
>>386554923
>I'm running out of honey...
Just do something easy and restock on honey.
Why did gen remove the farm. cats are shit, and getting rocks is the worse its ever been
>>
>>386539791
You probably bitch about being annoyed by things that wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if you weren't shit at games instead of actually articulating flaws, like bitching about cheap enemies.
>>
>>386563315
>When people tell you to git gud, it's not always an arbitrary or spiteful response.
No, most of the time it's a desperate, mechanical response to criticism from people who invested way, way too much emotion into a poorly made video game.

>criticise the game's sloppy hit detection
>LOL GIT GUD!
>say something about the abysmal performance
>GIT GUD!
>say the game world is empty and devoid of points of interest
>GIT GUD!
>say the game is too easy thanks to the retarded AI that can be circlestrafed at no effort and zero risk
>GIT GUD!

It's a knee-jerk at this point. And it rarely even makes sense anymore.
>>
>ctrl+f
>l2p
>0 results
This whole thread is underage, excluding me
>>
>>386565483
Nothing to learn about Souls gameplay. We've all been circling around braindead enemies since Quake 1.
>>
>>386539791
It's your own fault for looking into a games faults as something to criticize instead of overcome. That's what git gud means. It means acknowledge a game's stupid and broken mechanics that actively work against you and beat it.

Or don't. No one cares whether or not you like a game. Fans, especially, do not give a shit about a favorite game's shortcomings, and people don't even want to credit a reviewer's opinion, let alone yours. There are avenues for criticising games. /v/ has never been one of them.
>>
>>386565356
Looks like you should just git gud
>>
>>386565721
How do you git gud against your character randomly clipping through the ground when walking up or down slopes?
>>
File: deathsider the horsemanning.jpg (463KB, 905x715px) Image search: [Google]
deathsider the horsemanning.jpg
463KB, 905x715px
>>386565887
Maybe From should git gud at programming their games.
>>
>>386565934
You try to find out what causes the clipping and avoid doing that.
>>
>>386566123
Not him but, it's never the game's fault even when it's due to shitty programming ,right ? dear god.
>>
>>386566123
It's caused by unlocking the framerate in DSFix. However, it doesn't happen consistently. The only known thing that makes it more likely is backstabbing/riposting on said sloped surfaces, but it doesn't guarantee the bug will or will not happen. It's quite literally random.
>>
File: 54325432.jpg (119KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
54325432.jpg
119KB, 1152x864px
elitists eh? I think you want THAT image board
>>
File: 1379022886724.jpg (43KB, 348x584px) Image search: [Google]
1379022886724.jpg
43KB, 348x584px
>>386565356
>most of the time it's a desperate, mechanical response to criticism
Only time I've ever seen this happen was when Star Fox Zero was ripped to shreds by critics. Nintendo fans INSISTED that reviewers simply couldn't handle the controls and all other complaints about the game were invalid. Saddest part? Even good controls wouldn't have been enough to save that shitpile of a game.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.