[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh boy, the physical manifestation of my failure has arrived!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: I'm_a_moron.jpg (1MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
I'm_a_moron.jpg
1MB, 2080x1170px
Oh boy, the physical manifestation of my failure has arrived! An empty cardboard box with nothing but a manual inside symbolizing this shell of a game with no soul that I wasted money on.

Who else is fucking stupid here?
>>
How much money did you fund this second TORtanic with?
>>
>>386539308
I blew 85$ on ffxiv complete edition + Tale of astrologian level boost without realizing that I had to complete ARR and HW story before being able to play SB's story, instead of buying the ARR + HW story skip I just dropped the game all together...
>>
Is it better than nothing?
>>
>>386539465
$60. Not a crazy amount, but still more than enough to be embarrassed about.
>>
>>386539487
Wait what? You can skip ARR and HW??
>>
Did you at least enjoy Mighty Gunvolt Burst?
>>
>>386539546
I will grudgingly admit that, it is indeed better than nothing. Since several kickstarters have delivered me literally nothing and that is indeed much worse.
>>
>>386539596
If you pay 25$ and buy a jump potion from the SE online store you can, they mail you a potion that auto completes every story quest up until the first SB quest.
>>
File: 1393619632537.jpg (13KB, 262x349px) Image search: [Google]
1393619632537.jpg
13KB, 262x349px
>remember watching videos and reading up on the whole deal with the box sets
>you have to assemble the boxes yourselves and basically pretend the game is inside it
>the nip box set is too small and doesn't fit the game manual
>game manual isn't even full colored like promised
Holy fuck, I legit feel bad for anyone who backed this turd of a project.
>>
Remember when /v/ used to joke on monkey paw threads about a new megaman game?
>>
>>386539308
Never gave to crowd funding, never will.

There are more than enough retards out there willing to do it for me if I actually want a game. And MN9 isn't something I ever wanted anyway, because Inafune has been a known faggot for a long time.
>>
I funded Glorkian Warrior. Dumb fucks spent the money and decided to make a new game while working on the original.

Never donated anything since then, not even Shenmue 3.
>>
>TFW all my kickstarter experiences have been great
I guess just don't back video games?
>>
>>386541826
What do you back
>>
File: 1478378234047.png (293KB, 680x629px) Image search: [Google]
1478378234047.png
293KB, 680x629px
>>386543091
Comic collections mostly. I've heard board games and card games are also very successful, and while i haven't backed any, all the /toy/ ones I've seen have been delivered.
>>
Ever since 2012 I knew kickstarter was a joke with the shit sarkeesian pulled. Never donated a single cent to kickstarter.
>>
>>386543379
Comic collections or art books require no work except putting together some images into a PDF and sending it to a printer. It's almost impossible to have something go wrong with those.
>>
>>386543817
Well, yeah. That's why I back them instead of something with the incredibly high failure rate of video game kickstarters. At this point, it seems like it would be a safer bet to go to Vegas and gamble to try and get the money to make a game yourself instead of actually backing a video game kickstarter.
>>
Backed Games
FTL: Success
Divinity: Original Sin: Success
Mighty No 9: Failure
Shantae: Half Genie Hero: Success
Yooka-Laylee: Failure
Divinity: Original Sin 2: Success so far
Battletech: Success so far

Okay success rate.
>>
>>386545231
wait, didn't battletech get fucked by Harmony Gold?
>>
>>386545381
Still is going fine. I don't pay a lot of attention to things, but the single player skirmish mode was fun, and I'm looking forward to release.
>>
>>386545945
when was it again?
>>
>>386545962
The preview thing was in late june if I remember right. As for release, I'm honestly not sure. I'll just play it when it's done.
>>
>>386545231
CLANG: failure
Planetary Annihilation: failure (total let down)
Star Citizen: Never Ever and wasting donations on expresso machines
Game maker camp for that little girl: scam
Yogventures: scam
Coleco Chameleon and OUYA: failures

At least pretent to know about KS failures.
>>
>>386546291
>Game maker camp for that little girl
Are you actually legitimately retarded?
>>
>>386546291
so what you're saying is... there have been both kickstarter failures... and... successes...

whoa...
>>
>shantae got a small update yesterday
RISKY MODE
FUCKING
WHEN
?!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.