[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy BOTW thread What are your hopes for the DLC or sequel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_1227.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1227.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
Comfy BOTW thread

What are your hopes for the DLC or sequel?
What features do you want to be removed? What features do you want to be carried over?
>>
>>386534020

I don't expect nothing crazy about the DLC. Just more of the same and new gear.

The sequel will be nuts tho.
>>
>>386534020
There is absolutely nothing wrong with weapon durability and I hope it carries over to the next game
>>
>>386534342
I never had any problems with weapon durability. I just hope they make endgame weapons that don't look so faggy. Also i'd love it if the added more non-breakable unique items. Getting the paraglider felt great and that doesn't really happen again in the game.
>>
Give me a dog-petting button and my own horse stable expansion, and I'm happy.

In sequels, I hope they nerf the quick-travel so that you cannot just escape any time. For example, the world of BotW is full of those shrines and towers, so why not make the player first find one and then use their "travel portals" to activate QT ?
This would further encourage exploration and make the game a bit more challenging at times, without really altering the core mechanisms much.
>>
>>386534328
There will be a new storyline at least
>>
>>386534582
And a new dungeon
>>
>>386534582

Well yeah, but I don't expect it to be nothing too crazy both story or gameplay-wise. And I'm okay with that, i loved BotW.

I think they will shake things up a lot for the next game that uses the same engine tho. Like they did in Majora's mask, but in a completely different way.
Zelda games use to change a lot from a game to the next one and using the same engine and assets, they're probably put that together again in a way we don't expect.
>>
>>386534658
Fuck I hope it's hyrule castle style and not divine beast or traditional style
>>
>>386535003

One way i would hope they do the next game would be the opposite of BotW. Make the whole game take place in a fuckhuge dungeon like hyrule castle, but way bigger.
You'd have the same survival mechanics only in a claustrophobic atmosphere, with lots of lore to find. Plus exploration would be easier to control since it's an enclosed environment.
This way they could pace actual progression and plenty of the constraints of the absolute freedom design-wise in BotW wouldn't be a problem.

It would be interesting how day-night cycles and weather play out in a more enclosed environment.
>>
>>386534342
I also hope it carries over but for fuck's sake add blacksmiths
>>
>>386534020
BOTW was fun but I hope they go back to the classic Zelda formula. BOTW should be a one-off like MM was.
>>
>>386535631
I hope they never go back tbqhwy. Physics puzzles are so much better than the traditional puzzles
>>
>>386534020
It would have been nice if the dlc armor could be upgraded. Kinda makes them pointless for postgame
>>
>>386534020
Carry on everything but have a different story. It was perfect, all they need to do is expand on it. Best game of all time.
>>
More involving side quests that reveal more personal stories would have been nice. I'm genuinely surprised they fell into the "go and get me 10 of something. I'll pay you" trope.

I loved the shrines and am in two minds whether longer, more involving dungeons made up of them would work - it's hard to guage. Still, a return to traditional dungeon exploration/puzzle solving would be nice.
>>
>>386535807
They are useful as fuck early to mid game though. Especially phantom armour
>>
Like Likes when in BotW?
>>
>>386534020
Shrines are great and korok seeds are fine, I just wish they were only halved, and instead filled the map with something more interesting,
Roaming the country and suddenly get a quest to get a new type of horse? Great.
Roaming the country and stumble upon those 2 chicks looking for that fruit and getting nothing for saving them? Not great.

Dungeons and bosses also need work. I don't see a problem per se with divine beasts, just that 4 of them is too tedious. 2 would have been perfect.

Minibosses like lynels, hinoxes and stone taluses are also fantastic.

Other than that, keep everything else. The game is one of my favourites of all time and it's definitely up there as one of my favourite Zeldas. Shit like weapon durability is fine and keeps things interesting.
>>
>>386536990
Why would you want them
>>
>>386536990

>I want an already annoying enemy in a game where the mechanics will allow max annoyance to occur
Okay
>>
>>386538198

Like likes were annoying because if they swallowed your shield, it was difficult/expensive to get another one. They actually make for a more fair obstacle with the scavenging mechanics of BotW.
>>
>>386538352

>swallows your hylian shield before you unlock tarrey town
>fair
>>
Beat the game again on Master Mode with all shrines. Do I want to do the sword trials again on Master?
>>
When I think back to the game, the only real issue that comes to mind is the lack of enemy variety. What's there is a hundred times more fun to mess around with and fight than previous Zeldas, but if they had like twice or three times the enemy variety and limited most enemies to only certain areas of the world, it would have felt even more special. The minibosses in particular would've been amazing had there been many types instead of just three. They should go all-in with the Xenoblade influence and have a bigger and stronger miniboss variety of each type of enemy, with just a few instances of each one instead of 40 Taluses and 40 Hinoxes. I think a sequel could do all of this relatively easily.

More big dungeons and main story quests would be nice too, but I'm already pretty satisfied with what we got and hopefully I'll be even more after the second DLC. So, more of that.
>>
>>386538763
No. Room 10 on beginner will break a man
>>
>>386538850

So I've heard. Just not sure if I want to spend the time since I've seen it all in normal mode and have already completed the rest in hard mode. I mean it's not like aim getting all 900 seeds again on hard mode either.
>>
>>386538978
It's not really worth it anyway. You get better weapons than the master sword quickly if you know where to go
>>
>>386538383

Hylian shield is an end-game commodity in this game. You can do just right using others until you figure out how to buy hylian shields in tarrey town.
>>
I want a new land in the DLC, but since that's pretty unlikely at least give me more Tarreytown style quest which let's me rebuild the broken world. More quest with the new champions, especially based Sidon is a must. I have no idea who the new villain is going to be, perhaps Ganondorf? A new proper dungeon, not just a divine beast, should be included too. And at least five new enemy types.
>>
>>386539142
I haven't played Hard mode yet, but on normal I never had a problem with shields breaking. Most of the time I threw them away intact and replaced them. The dodge is strong.
>>
>refuse to beat the game until I have all shrines
>9 left and can't even find the goron for Tarry Town
I'll never beat this game.
>>
>>386539169
I think the DLC is set in the past. The showed a brief clip where Zelda has the long-sleeved blue dress she only ever wore in the past.
>>
>>386539270
But the figure on the throne is Riju, and that can't be in the past
>>
>>386539169
The wise thing is to expect nothing than a fifth divine beast and not much beyond that. It also makes sense it's Link's divine beast or some shit like that.

I'd prefer it if they made Akkala tower explorable but i know that's not gonna happen.
>>
>>386539247
The Goron is not in Goron City, but at the mines slightly earlier on the Death Mountain Trail.
>>
>>386539320
Ah, I couldn't make out the figure. Good then.
>>
>>386539320
Nope. It's Urbosa. You can see part of her shoulder plate in the new footage.
>>
>>386539270
I thought so too at first until someone pointed out >>386539320 to my unobservant self. Now I believe that the "champions" mentioned in the title alludes to the DLC being about the next generation, Sidon, Riju, etc, becoming the champions of the current era and rebuilding the world. But I have no idea who the villain is going to be. Ganondorf seems to big a reveal, maybe some evil human lord?
>>
>>386539320
>>386539441
Can someone post a pic?
>>
File: 1502057637969.png (163KB, 704x811px) Image search: [Google]
1502057637969.png
163KB, 704x811px
more THICC thighs
>>
>>386539501
Master Kohga finds the fifth Divine Beast at the bottom of the pit he fell into and starts piloting it to wreck havoc on Hyrule.
>>
>>386539508
https://youtu.be/Db3uS9krmW8

Too lazy to grab a shot
>>
File: itsurbosa.png (553KB, 850x444px) Image search: [Google]
itsurbosa.png
553KB, 850x444px
>>386539508

It's very low quality and she looks too small, but the hair and the shoulderplate are pretty evident. It's not even gonna take place in the past, this is just another memory we will have to fetch. Sorry to disappoint, but there's no reason it's gonna be different.
>>
>>386539690
It does seem to be Urbosa's shoulder pad.
>>
>>386539551
>>
File: 1501887253700.jpg (4KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1501887253700.jpg
4KB, 226x223px
Just beat the Zora Domain, I think the next game will be better. The game is fun to fuck around in but it needs a little more in my opinion. If they're going to make Zelda into a platformer they need to refine the physics and movement a bit more.

>more stealth options, rolling, crawling etc; dashing feels bad
>dedicated grab button for climbing and moving objects
>the fucking targeting system
>weapon wheel with options to drop items
>condensed in general

I fear that they might try to make the world bigger. There are too many stretches of areas that are essentially nothing interesting or of worth. Even if that's the point of the game, it doesn't make it more fun to go through.
>inb4 korok seed, mushroom, lizard, etc.
that shit isn't fun
>>
>>386539759
Honestly, I'd rather it take place in the present after the main game. There can be more flashbacks about the champions and new scenes with their spirits in the present alongside more involvement of their descendants.
>>
>>386537790
Why not?

>>386538198
>implying Electric attacks and enemies weren't way worse in BotW
Nice Hylian shield you HAD there mate...
>>
>>386539823
>I fear that they might try to make the world bigger.

Knowing nintendo, they'll do just the opposite.
>>
>>386539767
Urbosa is taller than that

>>386539823
>into a platformer
Literally what
>>
REEE WHY WON'T RED MOON SPAWN I KEEP ASKING THAT HINOFAG
>>
>What are your hopes for the sequel?

Tighter more populated and dense world. Having a big massive fuck-all world is great until you realize there ain't shit within in.

Would also appreciate actual themed dungeons again. Shrines get old as fuck. The robutts were great only because there was literally nothing else to compare them to. Would also like for them to be tucked away and even have some hidden that require some real exploration to discover.

>What features do you want to be removed?

Shrines, expansive and empty world, weapon durability, and the disappointing ass final boss. Ganon as a boss for at least several sequels.

>What features do you want to be carried over?

Everything else was pretty cool.
>>
>>386539939
>>Urbosa is taller than that
>yfw it's Riju trying to act grown-up again and wearing Urbosa's clothes which are too big for her
>>
File: charls.png (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
charls.png
150KB, 500x500px
>>386539923
Hopefully. I feel like with the next game Nintendo thinks they'll HAVE to one-up themselves in every way. I can see it now.

>TWICE the size of Breath of the Wild!
>>
>>386539923
I predict they would shrink it down a little and add more dungeons

If they return to the lock and key puzzles I'm going to be an unhappy man. Keep runes but add more of them
>>
>>386539939
>Urbosa is taller than that
It's harder to argue the height of who's on the throne due to the perspective than the objective fact that she has the shoulder pads and lacks Riju's crown.
>>
>>386539962
Kill more enemies.
>>
>>386534342
Doesn't really add anything interesting to the game as far as I can tell but at least it's kind of well executed, I guess. It'd be more meaningful if you weren't drowning in excess weapons for the entire game anyway. At that point, I'd rather just have permanent weapons.
>>
>>386539939
>series known for not having a jump button adds jump button
>literally climb mountains
>gliding

Yes that is platforming. If 20% of the game is spent climbing up mountains that doesn't not make it a platformer. I'm saying the movement of Link in general doesn't feel as good as it could be.
>>
>>386539997
Zelda team has always been quite receptive about feedback and right now the feedback is NOT asking for a bigger world

More, larger dungeons and themed dungeons seem to be the leading ones

Weapon durability being annoying is another

I hope they won't remove weapon durability
>>
>>386539997
They would never do that, the reason why BotW is big but not too big is because they used real life references they're used to.
>>
>>386540043
Bitch why would urbosa have Riju's midget legs
>>
>>386540094
That's interesting I think controls were a strong point. I always felt in total control, very responsive.
>>
>>386540126
Oh right weapon durability that too. Its not terrible but it could be better.

Is there a way to repair regular weapons? I know special weapons can be fixed. If not then that's dumb as fuck. Also I want something like the Blood Moon to be more of a focus, that shit could be interesting if done well.
>>
Try making something that shows you what an "evolved" botw would look like.
Have a big dungeon that is not a divine beast, with enemies, maybe NEW enemies. Take advantage of the fact that DLC 1 lets you have an infinite Master Sword. Have some sort of progression though this dungeon, not only "find these 5 terminals". Have a miniboss. Have a boss that isn't Cumblight Ganon.
Not much else I can do without changing the entire game.
>>
>>386539997

That doesn't add up with how zelda team works at all. Sequels never try to emulate or one-up the previous game. Always try to shake it up in the least continuist way. Don't expect a bigger game than BotW in several generations.
>>
>>386540030
This. Runes and physics puzzles are much more fun to use
>>
>>386540212
She probably doesn't and it's just the perspective playing tricks.
>>
>>386540235
You can't repair normal weapons, but you can always return to the same spot to get another one if your autism wants you to use the same weapon again

Blacksmiths would greatly alleviate this issue
>>
>>386540305
Even for regular exploration. I watched the current WR speedrun and the physics allow for ridiculous and hilarious skips and shortcuts.
>>
File: bicentenario.jpg (55KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
bicentenario.jpg
55KB, 369x369px
>>386540305
>>386540030

I don't think locks, keys and runes are uncompatible.

Good thread so far anons. Proud of you guys.
>>
File: 1486138753272.jpg (15KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486138753272.jpg
15KB, 285x249px
>>386540225
I don't think the controls are bad but they feel stiff sometimes and could have been mapped better

>>386540261
Yeah and that didn't work out very well for about 20 years until they tried the open world crafting meme, they're not ever going to go back to an older style Zelda unless its a handheld only title
>>
>>386540318
I trust my own eyes. Legs are harder to change than an outfit
>>
>>386540258
After reading some more posts, make this an end-game focused dungeon. Most people playing this content already have a million hearts, all stamina, high tier armor, 40 weapons and shields, Urbosa's Fury, Mipha's Grace and Daruk's Protection, as well as a lot of experience with dodging and parrying. One of the problems with the divine beasts was that they were all of equal difficulty because it was all about navigation and minor puzzles.
And do something about that Blood Moon. Anything. A world boss.
>>
One thing that comes to mind that I hope gets carried over is Fairy Fountains. They can (and maybe should) look different and possibly have different purpose, but I am so glad they brought them back. They encompass a huge portion of what makes Zelda special, exploration and magic. I really hate that they seem to be shafting magic pretty hard lately when it was an enormous part of what made the early games charming.
>>
>>386540396
I fucking hate the lock and key puzzles after they got old in WW and would want them gone but I can withstand them if they have rune puzzles to go along with them. They should do something to shake up the lock and key formula too. Maybe also allow for more player control and not play a cutscene once the key connects. Like instead of taking control away from the player to draw the player towards a hookshotted location the player can have free control of whether to go or stay or something, and maybe add an element of gravity like the grapplehook. Makes it more interesting
>>
>>386540417
>Yeah and that didn't work out very well for about 20 years until they tried the open world crafting meme, they're not ever going to go back to an older style Zelda unless its a handheld only title

Making the world smaller doesn't mean going back to older style Zelda. There's way more to BotW than just the huge world.
Also I think "it" didn't work out that well for TP and SS. The franchise was asking for better hardware since TP, and the wii wasn't up to the task.
>>
>>386540481
Hell yeah I would love a post game challenge gauntlet

>>386540491
This. Magic should return. I like that ice, lightning and fire rods are in the game but they should do more with magic.
>>
>>386540586

When i was talking about lock and keys I was talking about literal locks and literal keys, not the hardwired puzzles of the previous games.

I like it when you have one key but multiple locked doors so you don't really know where to use it on.
>>
>>386534020
Listing off what I want
>a more linear questline
>focus on champ/champ successors
>large indoor area to explore that utilizes runes in more creative ways
>more enemy types

Number 1 and 2 seems to be a given
>>
>>386540792
Everytime someone says lock and key puzzles in zeldas I think of the hardwired puzzles. I don't actually mind the process of unlocking doors with keys
>>
File: comfiest.jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
comfiest.jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
Posting my comfiest pic.
>>
>>386540797
I would prefer champion successors to the champion themselves teebeetch. All the successors are better than the champions themselves
>>
HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS GAME FOR MORE THAN 50 HOURS WITHOUT GETTING BORED?
I've done all the divine beasts, I got enough hearts for the master sword and I got 1 extra ring of stamina and I beat ganon earlier. now all there's left is to run around and do more shrines. what the fuck am I missing here?
>>
File: WVW69kVibxog8PsW2A.jpg (72KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kVibxog8PsW2A.jpg
72KB, 800x450px
>>386541006
Unfortunately all I have is shitty WiiU screenshots
>>
>>386541127
If you don't find shrine hunting and equipment maxing and Tarry Town completing fun, this game is not for you.
>>
>>386540049
so basically kill enemies, warp to Hino, if nothing, kill more enemies then go back to him?
>>
File: Zeldaforest.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zeldaforest.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>386541006
>>
>>386541127
If you're getting bored just go finish it by going right to Ganon. If you want read up on interesting locations after you're done to finish up on anything you missed
>>
>>386541127
Oh I'm >>386541242, missed that you finished the game. Anyway second part of my advice still applies. Check for what you might like and go do them. If you have the DLC give the sword trials a whirl
>>
>>386541127
I played it for 170 hours.
>>
>>386541127
If you're done with it then just stop, my dude. Don't force yourself to play a game you're bored with.
>>
Thinking of biting the DLC. Is Master mode fun for at least a run where I go right to Ganon?
>>
File: WVW69kVlUmYUgl0HUh.jpg (77KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kVlUmYUgl0HUh.jpg
77KB, 800x450px
>>386541127
If you're bored then just stop. I played it for maybe 130 hours, did a lof of shrines, exploration etc. There are a lot of fun side quests and random characters to be found in the wilderness. But if you don't find it funny anymore, why bother?
>>
>>386541407
>Is Master mode fun for at least a run where I go right to Ganon?
You're gonna get fucked pretty hard, good luck with that, Anon. But yeah, it's fun.
>>
>>386541229
This pic alone speaks volumes of how they hit it out of the park with the game. The sensation of getting to the heart of the korok forest with not loading screens or whatsoever, seeing how the landscape evolves until then.

Damn good game.
>>
File: dekus.png (464KB, 720x502px) Image search: [Google]
dekus.png
464KB, 720x502px
Why must they be gone?!
>>
>>386541407
Yeah the boss fight is much better on master mode, and you can't cheese hyrule castle when you do it at the start. So go for it I guess, especially if the rest of the stuff already interests you
>>
>>386541781
Different timeline
>>
>>386541127
I didn't. Did all that, finished what I wanted to do, and fought ganon. 40-something hours. You don't have to play every game 100%
>>
>>386541970
>you don't have to 100% every game
Fuckkk I can't. I feel like I have an obligation to 100% stuff
>>
>>386541585
I think they also did landscape transitions extremely well. There's another open-world game I love which was worked on by some of the same staff as BotW, Xenoblade X, which has even more memorable world design, but the transitions between different regions and biomes are kinda jarring, while they look really natural in Zelda.
>>
>>386542056
Finishing all the Korok seeds will be a chore more than anything else. The reason there are 900 of them is so that you'll find an adequate amount no matter where you choose to explore, not that you're necessarily supposed to gather them all.
>>
>>386542056
The game goes out of its way to reward you with a piece of golden shit for getting all Korok seeds. The game doesn't want to be completed, it just wants to give all players the same chance to get a nice big inventory. Same with shrines
>>
>>386542110
What I thought it is pretty jarring at times especially from desert areas to other areas
>>
File: 1404348764992.jpg (2MB, 2000x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1404348764992.jpg
2MB, 2000x1220px
>>386534020
DLC:
>A big comprehensive dungeon that's thematically unique and not another divine beast.
>Minimal cutscenes, I don't care about the champions and probably never will.

Sequel:
>A more condensed world. 1/4 the size of BotW if not smaller.
>More dungeons that have a conventional style but also incorporate the physics.
>Dungeons that are thematically and aesthetically unique.
>Dungeons that have to be discovered via exploration and all have different ways of being unlocked. The most challenging dungeons are also the hardest to discover. If Nintendo is afraid that players might find content that is too difficult for them, at least have a two-act structure like A Link to the Past.
>No shrines, they are a failed experiment.
>Significantly reduce the amount of korok seeds (or whatever the sequel calls them) and make each korok puzzle unique.
>Blacksmiths that repair, sell, and craft equipment.
>Way more runes and other tools. Just way more character progression in general. Don't frontload everything at the start of the game.
>Better menus that weren't designed for the Wii U Gamepad.
>Way more enemy variety, especially higher-tier enemies.
>More charming and less generic NPCs.
>Deeper interconnected sidequests with stronger storylines.
>Underwater swimming.
>More interior areas, including caves.
>Unique races, not just rehashes.
>Areas that are pitch-black like the first part of the lizard divine beast.
>Bring back the magic meter and make it upgradeable with spirit orbs.
>Unique bosses and mini-bosses, no rehashes.
>Unique villain.
>Unique world that doesn't follow the forest/desert/mountain formula.
>Revamped healing system where food/potions are consumed in real time, consumables have a limited number of slots (upgradeable with korok seeds), and you can't eat ingredients.
>Revamped parry and flurry rush that don't trivialize the combat.
>Combat techniques a la Twilight Princess.

I'd be lucky if Nintendo even did ONE of these.
>>
>>386542679
You would get most of them, especially the dungeon ones I think
>>
>>386542679
Underwater is a given. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is based heaavily around water
>>
>>386543467
Wind waker 2.0? Sold
>>
>>386543604
WW didn't let you go underwater though.
>>
>>386543675
Technically at the end of the game you did. I really wouldn't mind another Zelda game based heavily around water. Throw in underwater civilizations or something
>>
Why can't I stable my skeleton bro horse
What the fuck
>>
>>386543932
Bitches can't handle the spooky mare.
>>
>>386544007
Also it dies at sunrise. ;_;
>>
>>386543808
Yeah i was really disappointed in WW when you didn't get to actually go underwater. Hell even the sky concept of SS can be expanded upon
>>
>>386544269
Fuck yes the sky is such wasted potential. Much like most things in skyward sword. I want timeshift stones
>>
>>386544498

Timeshift stones are a great concept but I do not think they were used that well in Skyward sword. But I seem to be in the minority on that one
>>
>>386534020
I want it to be back in the day. Traveling with Zeldo and for Link to be decked out.
>>
>>386545013
Too bad it likely won't happen
>>
>>386534020
>What features do you want to be removed?
The fucking lock on system. It's bizarre to me Nintendo chose to favor using the right stick to rotate the camera around a target rather than use the right stick to switch targets. Why would I want to look at a bokoblin's asshole when there are 4 more of them swinging their sticks around walking towards me
>>
>mfw moblin spear attack
How am I supposed to see this coming?
>>
File: Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C95c.jpg (428KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C95c.jpg
428KB, 1280x720px
Post your houses.

What did you display?
>>
>>386545864
If he has a spear be on guard. You can see his arm twitch anyway
>>
>>386545931
The special weapons

All of them suck late game anyway
>>
>>386545931
The champion weapons and a couple of the dark royal stuff. I used to put the elemental ones like you did until I found them easily farmable.
>not using the pro hud
you should use the pro hud
>>
>>386535578
I agree with this

Being able to craft your own weapons and repairing them would be neat.
>>
>>386534020
hopefully something small and contained but still varied like eventide island. The great plateau is probably the best area since its designed to not need a horse so when you com back with 3 wheels you can breeze through..

i hope the sequel returns to the formula as this game was quite literally a big empty map with the other games shoved in with none of their charm. I think the rafts are great at this since you want the treasure just like in LoZ. but instead of unlocking the ability to reach the heart piece staring at you for most of the game you just run around a flower maze after ditching your raft/swimming/freezing your way over. More games need to aspire to dark souls 1 for open world design, you can go everywhere, but the areas arent very open themselves and instead contain decent level design and enemy placement. Dungeons were like this but we dont have them anymore. So hopefully the sequel is built like an enitre game of the plateu with more dungeons in a much smaller contained open world
>>
>>386546475
>big empty map
Do you fucks have ADD or something? Or are you retards walking the whole thing?
>>
>>386534020
More permanent tools, like hookshots and shit
Actual dungeons
>>
>>386542679
>Combat techniques a la Twilight Princess.

I don't know whatever it is people sees in TP's combat techniques. They were trivial as fuck, didn't add any more depth to it and most of the times you were better off just smashing the sword button most of the times. WW did it better.
And dealing with enemies is more interesting by a mile in BotW without any "techniques" or whatsoever.
>>
>>386547118
I think when people say that they are talking about combat techniques but with enemies that make you actually use them
>>
A little thing I'd like is the functionality of pressing left or right would unequip your weapon/shield and pressing it again would re-equip it. Mainly because I like walking around with only a sword since I don't like staring at my shield the whole time.
>>
>>386547206
Then the example would be WW rather than TP. Really, WW had a lot more going for it in that sense.
>>
>>386546593
Hookshot is an overrated shit item that interrupts gameplay to pull you towards a place
>>
>>386534342
All the pros people claim about weapon durability don't hold up to scrutiny. It does NOT encourage you to change up your style of playing. There are only THREE weapon types to use, all of which are equally easy to use and effective. It's not good design to force the player to stop mid fight to go into their inventory to pull out their next weapon they don't care about breaking.
>>
>>386535806
>Physics puzzles

Yeah rolling a ball sure takes a lot of brain power huh. You fucking retard
>>
>>386547118
SS combat > BotW > WW > TP = Majora = OOT

TP had a bunch of moves but the enemies were so fucking easy that you didn't really need them. Majora's mask and OOT has no moves, but higher difficulty. WW has a nice simple system that worked well in that game, but probably wouldn't in a game like BotW. SS has excellent combat in my (quite uncommon) opinion, but relies on dead technology. Evolving on BotWs combat with specific combos and more weapon variety seems like the most reasonable approach.
>>
>>386537204
>2 would have been perfect.

Yes I love less content in a game already lacking in content. Why aren't you a developer dude?? You have such good ideas wow!
>>
>>386539551
You people don't even know what thicc means.
>>
>>386547784
I meant they should have actual dungeons while having only maybe 2 divine beasts.
>>
>>386547716

I agree on most stuff you say. Sequel to breath of the wild should add different movesets within weapon types to solve the variety problem. I don't know if combos are something Zelda should focus on, but having more specific moves to deal with specific enemy behaviours would be nice too.

Also I didn't think SS combat was bad. I didn't mind it being simon says, still had more to it than any of the previous games.
>>
>>386546556
nigga i played for 300 hours and got 430 seeds just wearing the mask and following the treasure radar. I hadn't even visited lake hylia or the jungle place and i completely gave up on actually exploring and just wanted to visit the 120 shrines and the last divine beast.
>>
>>386548078
When I say combos I don't really mean Izuna drops or anything, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a light/heavy attack system with simple and distinct combos consisting of 4 or less button presses.
>>
>>386548448
the game is empty, korok puzzles are so copy paste that i constantly have stasis active just to look for korok objects. if there isn't i look for a dead tree or 3 fruit trees. Bosses are fun when you only have 4 hearts but even with lvl 2 armor (set bonuses) you completely annihilate them. Only lynels offer a challenge, but like the guardians on the plateau, by the time you gather enough weapons to kill them the reward for killing them is such a pittance for smashing the one soldiers sword to bits for. Eventually even the white lynels get trivialized and i ended with a full inventory of lynel bits and bobs. The worst part of that is that using them on a red bokoblin feels like a crime so even before that i avoided combat completely most times since that raises the chances of seeing fucking silver damage sponge let me shoot you for 6 hearts every second fuckers. Combat is a joke, you can complete the master mode trial with bombs alone and once you get a shock and freeze weapon you can rape anything with spinning 2H weapons. I know zelda is for kids but i hate faggots like you pretending that the previous games didn't do zelda better. Do the other zeldas do what BOTW attempts though, not at all since WW is such a huge open boring world that they give you a TURBO sail to escape the monotony. Yes hyrule castle is fun, but honestly TP's ToT felt better, hell TP's story felt better too, maybe because youre structered into a planned path to build up wonder and intrigue into this zant guy, unlike BOTW which has at least 3 different npcs to descibe the intro and 20 odd memories that no one completes immediately, destroying the pacing.
2/4
>>
>>386548587
I think the worst part is that it isnt new, the shrines are litearlly one of the 30-50 rooms of a dungeon with no cohesion. The world is the vast emptiness of WW with TP locations and radical snowboarding. LA and LoZ do the comfiness of the beach better. The desert even has the sandstorm from OoT. 2H weapons are litterally the biggoron sword or the hammer from WW, spears are awful and ice arrows created platforms for you unlike now. The hookshot or boomerang actually stunned your enemies giving you crowd and more control over the fight. Fire weapons suck unfortunately and enemies dont drop enough arrows (dungeons dont carry them either!) so you constantly have to warp town to town every blood moon just to stock up even though theyre used far more sparingly than in past entrys(im not sure why they do so much damage as you can easily do like 200 damage with a lynel crit). Also a serious dearth of enemies, where are boku babas, poes or other classic zelda enemies. hell even WW had dark nuts.

also yes anon people can form different opinions, especially since this isn't a new ip and must be compared to the franchise's previous iterations which are also kind of empty but at least in TP if you actually explore youre rewarded with rupees armor and heart pieces. in this game you dont need rupees in any meaningful sense and it derides any joy when you get throwing claymore the fifth time but your weapon slots are full
/some anons hot opinions
>>
>>386547693
>rolling balls is the only physics puzzles
Huh
>>
>>386548675
But you get heart pieces and armour in BotW too
>>
>>386548587
>3 fruit trees
Huh? Why?
>>
How the fuck do you shoot that energy beam out of the master sword?
>>
>>386549310
You must be at full health and press the throw button
>>
>>386548675
>must be compared to the franchise's previous iterations
>at least in TP if you actually explore youre rewarded with rupees armor and heart pieces.

You see, i think it's better to take all these comparisons with a grain of salt because they don't all share the same parameters. You claim exploring in TP gave you way better rewards hence it's better. I don't think that's the case, but even if it was it's a partial comparison because the act of exploring itself in TP wasn't 1% as good as it is in BotW. Plus i think TP's achievements are the weakest in the franchise and the things you listed seem all trivial compared to BotW's new system.
>>
>>386549484
Nice thanks
>>
What kind of items is this new news channel adding to BOTW?
>>
>>386541127
By not having ADHD
>>
>>386548914
thats a korok puzzle( some anon told me) you shoot off the extra fruit on one tree and you get a korok seed. the one i kept seeing was the one on the road to kakariko before the stable. you get attacked by a ninja so you get off and you see this really unusual tree line. theres another one in the mountains of kakariko that i had no clue was a puzzle before i found out
>>
>>386549558
>>386548786
i dont think thats the only reason just thats its far more of a cathartic and tangible reason to do so. hyrule field has about 3 caves in it with ice puzzles leading to HPs so obviuosly you seek them out for the pieces.

In botw you might just explore because thats all there really is and the vistas are beautiful. I have this great shot of being in the stonegrove before a bloodmoon and was listening to someone talk about EVA EoE and it really reminded me of it. Thats something unique and intangible to anyone but me.

And I dont think its inherently better but you can tell that the zora road is really well polished and parts of the desert are too, except the parts where they just dropped 4 moldugas or random enemy camps like the hateno stables area. My whole wish is that the whole game be as well designed as the zora road, and if you need to cut out TP town and WW town and most of death mountain and the desert, feel free to do it. I dont really feel like im exploring when hebra mountain is just a hodgepodge of shrine areas with none of the thought or intentional littering of chests of the gerudo highlands.
>>
File: 1502052580279.png (350KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1502052580279.png
350KB, 1400x1400px
>>386547871
faggot
>>
>>386550028
I guess amiibo ones
>>
>>386550829
more
>>
>>386550715
I don't get it
>>
dlc, not many. game is fun but i'm done with it after about 100 hours now. sequel, needs lots of stuff. i want shrines and dungeons to be nixed for skyrim type dungeons, just random little caves and ruins to explore and fight a boss at the end, with lots of nice zelda puzzles inside. second thing is more enemy types. botw only had like 10 different enemies, with pallet swaps. Where are my deku babas and skulltullas?

Last and probably the most for me, i was suprised they didn't have it in botw: A RECIPE BOOK. i wanted to cook and discover every fucking dish in botw, but there was no way to track it, no reward for making new dishes, all you ever needed was meat or heart restorers to make super healing food.

BOTW was a really good game, but it could be improved in a ton of areas. if they make the next zelda the same as botw but just add tons of new shit, it'll be great.
>>
>>386552745
what part my dude
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.