[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally got around to playing this and I must say it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: fhaytes.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fhaytes.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
Finally got around to playing this and I must say it's pretty bad. I'm at chapter 21 of Conquest. I understand what they tried to do with the weapons, making some have downsides and not being strict upgrades, but Killer weapons and forged Iron weapons have no downsides whatsoever and so you can safely ignore all other options. Mages got fucked hard, or at least mine did. I noticed a severe lack of skill on all my mage characters and so they suffered very badly from low hit rates, and even lower HP. Archers are now OP and can reliably one round most enemies. Also, jesus fucking christ the debuff shit is out of control. Every enemy has a debuff skill that activates when they attack, and it's annoying as shit.

What do you think? I think they fucked all their shit up by trying to fix a system that needed no fixing.
>>
talk about the game you niggers
>>
i feel the same way too op, i really dislike the way fates is going, maybe i just have nostalgia glasses on but I feel like they are trying to insert too many things into the game and it becomes so watered down I just cant enjoy it
>>
>>386527310
Uhhh....I really liked the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq4px-z1OX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2KMDkyt-SM
>>
>>386527310

Forgot to mention that many of the enemy archers have a skill that sends half the damage direct attackers deal back to them. It means you either have to engage them at counter range, or just eat the damage. It's bullshit, and is a terrible way to rebalance archers.
>>
>>386527310
There is literally nothing wrong with the debuff system. If it's a skill, killing them in one round makes you not have to worry about it. And not every enemy has a debuff skill. And archers are not OP as they still have sucky enemy phase.

>>386527918
>Many enemy archers
Way to exaggerate OP. That's only for two chapters, and you can work around them by having tanky units attack them with 1-2 range weapons, or hell even another bow user.
>>
>>386528104

The problem with the debuff system is it encourages baiting out single enemies. If you try to rush in and kill off a bunch of them but get unlucky with your attack rolls then you can get hit with 3 or 4 different debuffs. This makes maps crawl by, and also makes it so a bad level hurts way more than it should. Fates is terribly balanced, far worse than any game before it.
>>
>>386528336
>Get unlucky
Then make plans that favour on your chances more then. I literally never had to bait just one guy with a debuff skill stat.
>Fates less balanced than Awakening
Don't kid yourself
>>
>>386528726

I guess Awakening is less balanced. I guess I just got supremely unlucky throughout my entire playthrough. I never saw a level with more than 4 stat ups the entire game, often in stats that the character doesn't need at all, like Silas getting magic three fucking times in a row, two of those being single stat level ups. I just hate how the weapon system is fucked, with Iron weapons being far more reliable than every other weapon type, barring the crit+ weapons.
>>
Also, there's a heavy reliance on gimmicks to make maps interesting, which I find incredibly boring, or annoying in some cases. The foxes being unhittable every other turn was very annoying, and some of them having pass was just a slap in the face. Also, the wind map had an extremely annoying gimmick.
>>
>>386528869
-Steel weapons are more useful for units that aren't every really going to see any doubling like Effie, or Benny, especially if said unit has Wary Fighter.
-Mini Bow gives bow users 1 tile range attacks and the sidelong yumi gives them 1-2 range without follow up though.
-Shining Bow is useful for magic archers like Adventurer Nina.
-Iron Weapons or killer weapons don't have 1-2 range unless they're daggers or shurikens.
-Iron weapons or killer weapons don't have class slayer bonus damage.
-Guard Naginata, and the waterwheel offer defensive bonuses.
-Iron weapons or killer weapons aren't duel weapons if you're weapon locked to one weapon.
Face it, it's just the silver and bronze weapons that are shit.
>>
>>386529376

Why bother carrying all that shit when I can buy a bunch of cheap iron weapons, forge them, and then put some killer weapons on people who don't have iron? For the most part I feel like the new weapon system is a step backward from previous titles.
>>
>>386529527
Did you read any of the points I gave for the different weapons? Iron or Killer weapons aren't always the go to weapon as there are different scenarios that make another weapon better. Would you give your Berserker an iron axe or a duel club to fight sword wielding enemies? Would you give your General a javelin or an iron lance to fight bow users? Would you give your archer an iron bow or a mini bow for enemy phase?
>>
>>386529527
>>386529671
Oh yeah and also have fun trying to deal with any Armored units with iron or killer weapons alone instead of using an armorslayer or hammer, especially if they have wary fighter and are paired up.
>>
>>386529671
>>386529747

Actually yes. I wouldn't be throwing my berserker against sword enemies regardless of his weapon because they often lack the skill and speed to hit the sword users anyways. In the rare instance of a general standing in the way, I would use an effective weapon, but for the most part I ignore every option available to me because Killer and Iron are so much more reliable.
>>
>>386529747
>>386529671

All those things are beside the real problem though, in that the weapon system didn't need this revamp. It was totally fine the way it was and these changes serve only to make some weapons trash and others still the situational weapons they always have been.
>>
>>386529821
Nah you're just being close minded to the options availible and duel weapons offer double the weapon triangle advantage. You're bullshiting me that a Berserker wouldn't be able to hit them, and not all sword users are Samurai or Swordmasters.

>>386529895
I'm just pointing out on how iron weapons and killer weapons are overrated.
>>
>>386530035

Nah, Iron and Killer are by far the best options for general use. Duel weapons are nice, but are situational, like all gimmick weapons.
>>
>>386530123
Would you use iron or killer weapons when you're facing against enemies with ranged attacks for enemy phase? Would you give Felicia an iron weapon or the Fire Shuriken?
>>
>>386530453

Depends on the situation. Like I said, for general use, Iron and Killer are by far your best option. You keep bringing up these additional factors as if they change the fact that Iron and Killer are your most reliable weapons.
>>
>>386530557
>Hurr durr it depends on the situation even though ninjas and enemies with ranged weapons are common
>Hurr durr Felicia with iron weapons is better than with a the flame shuriken
>>
>>386530742

>one character with a magic weapon means that Iron and Killer are suddenly still not the best for general use for most characters

do you have brain damage? can you not see what I'm getting at here? I have already acknowledged that effective weapons have a place, but they are situational.
>>
>>386530825
The maid/butler class favours more on magic, than strength so flame shuriken is usually their go to choice, also helps that the flame shuriken offers +2 speed.
And also
>Still not acknowledging that ninjas and enemies with ranged weapons are common
>>
>>386531021

Ranged enemies are pretty common, about as common as enemies with melee weapons, and throwing weapons for most classes cannot double. So you bait out the melee with your iron or killer, then swoop in with those same weapons on the ranged enemies. If you only have enemies near you with ranged weapons, then you use a ranged weapon in return. However, it's very rare to see a group of enemies that deal only with range without any kind of melee support. Again, Iron and Killer are the go to weapon for many of the situations the game throws at you, and one class preferring the magic alternate instead of the physical doesn't change that Iron and Killer are the best general use weapons.
>>
>>386531167
I meant that it's common to have enemies that have both melee and range or 1-2 range attacks (like ninjas). If you're baiting them during enemy phase, it's better to use those throwing weapons than an iron or killer, as they'll just attack you at range where you can't retaliate.
>>
>>386531361

I bait ninjas with ranged weapons of course, but I switch right back to iron or killer as soon as it's my turn because levin, javelins, and hand axes cannot double, and actually reduce your speed. Again, Iron and Killer are the best GENERAL use weapons by far, I still don't know why you're debating this.
>>
>>386527310
>every enemy has a debuff skill that activates when they attack, and it's annoying as shit.
This is my only problem with the game and it could have easily been fixed by giving staff users restore. I really hope in Switch if they bring back debuffs they fix it.
>>
>>386531930
Personally it only lies in the "Inevitable end" skill. You can choose one or a few unit to deal with them so then not a fuckton of your units are debuffed and circulate between units so then the debuffed ones can take them time to recover their stats, safe from combat; or kill them within 1 round. And also said "Inevitable end" skill can be fixed by the restore staff you said.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.