[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is gaming journalism so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: gamespot.png (315KB, 548x536px) Image search: [Google]
gamespot.png
315KB, 548x536px
why is gaming journalism so shit?
>>
In case you haven't noticed, evert form of modern journalism is utter shit. It's because a generation of useless college professors have taught sort of a perverted neo-liberalism that teaches equality of outcome ("progressivism") rather than outcome of opportunity, and so it becomes the individual's responsibility in this Marxist landscape to take up arms for the seemingly oppressed and spin stories, report non-news, and spout dumb shit because nobody knows how to be an actual joirnalist/reporter anymore... and those who do know aren't hired.

I dunno, "fuck off to >>>/pol/" I know.
>>
>>386525439
But there have been people who have thought you would be playing as another character like the champions, so it's not exactly a stupid statement.
>>
File: BRAVO GAMESPOT.png (97KB, 643x297px) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO GAMESPOT.png
97KB, 643x297px
>>386525439
>Gamespot
>ever
Those people are fucking retarded and don't even do research 99% of the time
>>
>>386526086
I don't think even /pol/ wants your special brand of stupidity.
>>
If the reviewers don't give games a good score, they receive less funding from game publishers. All of their ad revenue evaporates, all of their (free) early copies are gone, and they're no longer welcome at events. Thus, they're out of a job.

This doesn't happen to film critics because there's more respect in film, as it's not a medium intrinsically designed to scam children out of their parents' money.
>>
Why would anyone put effort in "gaming" "journalism"? Seriously, just tell me when the game is coming out, and whether is should play it or nah. That's it.
>>
"Shit" is a noun. Not an adjective.
>>
Because no one takes games journalism seriously, it is like being a fun park reviewer.
>>
>>386526450
>implying gaming journalism is not a literal turd
>>
It's a relevant comment regarding what was shown.
Can't expect shitposters to understand
>>
>>386525439
Because there is no such thing as "video game journalism". The websites of today are nothing more than venting, opinionanted blogs by people with no journalism degrees or interest in actually creating news. They prefer getting freebies and free games from big publishers for favorable reviews.
>>
All journalism is terrible, you just notice it with games journalism because you both know and actually like games.
>>
>>386525439
because it like every shit profession is dominated by liberals. for them pushing their shitty agendas comes first and doing a good job second
>>
>>386526086
>perverted neo-liberalism
>Talks about social outcomes
>Doesn't know neo-liberlism is economic principles that favors the free market.
>Clearly doesn't know the term is used and just wanted to look clever by adding the would neo to liberalism to explain how liberalism was perverted.
/pol/ is retarded, but I don't think they'd even accept your level of stupidity. I mean if you're going to bring up /pol/ tier shit, at least make it so that you know what you're talking about, because right now you look like a fucking idiot who trying to hard to fit on 4chan. So I'm just going laugh at you and your pretentiousness.
>>
>>386533508

The word "liberalism" has many different meanings, and he doesn't mean the one you're thinking of. He means the triggered tumblr genderfluid feminist egalitarian asshole kind.
>>
>>386525439
Because it doesn't require a five-seven year long university education in communication and are entirely subjective.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.