[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a modern console game with gen 6 graphics be like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: OTACON.jpg (15KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
OTACON.jpg
15KB, 210x240px
Modern games seem obsessed with making graphics more and more "realistic," but what would a modern game with relatively shitty graphics be capable of if all the extra hardware/memory space could go to other things?
>>
And yes, I know pic is technically from a Gen 5 game.
>>
Are you talking about the PS Vita?
Or are you asking, "What if devs restricted themselves to PS2 graphics and used the hardware to do things like advanced physics simulation and use that for gameplay?"
>>
>>386521238
The second one. Seems like a lot of potential with how powerful modern games are to make really deep/long games, but literally all they seem interested in is making games more "pretty"
>>
>>386521025
Open world games but the maps are like four times the size they are now, also more NPC's on screen,
>>
File: yes.jpg (31KB, 600x299px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
31KB, 600x299px
>>386521025
>>
Minecraft
>>
Massive open worlds that run at 60fps with absurd numbers of npcs on screen and lots of persistent world elements maybe?
>>
>>386521349
there are plenty games with the low-poly aesthetic
>>
>>386524247
Yeah but a lot of them are indie games
>>
for reference, look at Battlefield 3 and 4 on ps3/360 vs pc and PS4/xbone. ps3 had 24 players, smaller maps, 30fps, 720p resolution. If the ps3 version said "Fucka tha graphis!!" it would have larger maps and more players.The ps3 game M.A.G. had 200 player battles but much worse graphics than BF3. Maybe if ps4 version fukt the graphics it could have 120 or 200 players. Either way, it could be limited by the consoles processor. You also have to ask if any of the extra npc or physics would help the specific game more than the immersion of graphics. The answer isnt going to be yes all the time. or even often
>>
As far as how many resources an NPC takes up, the graphic fidelity of that NPC probably takes up a lot less space comparably to the rest of it, at least, that's what I'm assuming.
It's the engine that takes up the most space, not its paintjob.
>>
>>386521025
I'd love to see an indie title (or a AAA funded title even) using low poly models with creative use of textures to give the game a unique style, instead of yet another attempt at forgettable photo realism that will be forgotten in a year.
>>
Like others have said, it would be a very large and dense open world. I would think of it along the lines of Morrowind but larger and more fleshed out NPCs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.