[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did v think of Mankind Divided?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: Deus Ex 4 Mankind Divided.jpg (20KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex 4 Mankind Divided.jpg
20KB, 250x305px
What did v think of Mankind Divided?
>>
My GOTY 2016.
>>
File: 1473685183890.jpg (198KB, 750x966px) Image search: [Google]
1473685183890.jpg
198KB, 750x966px
Disappointing.
>>
Great gameplay, shit story that's half finished
>>
>>386518216
I played through it 3 times, I found it enjoyable but as everyone will point out the ending was a joke.

I'll say it isnt nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
Above average game with shitloads of things that annoyed me, like those metro loading screens. The game also run like shit on my beast of a machine. Constant fps drops in the downtown Prague and TF29 office.
Also the whole deus ex plotline didn't really advance in the game, apart from introducing couple more Illuminati members and Juggernaut Collective with Janus. Story desperately needed more Page and Everett. Maybe the next game would've been about the Page coup but I don't think they got the money to make the next one since the game sold like shit.
>>
Boring

Also retarded
>>
Good gameplay
Very unsastifying story, ending and final boss
Aug lives matter parallel to blm was fuxking stupid, all augs except Denton went batshit during Pangaea arc, its entirely justified people would be afraid of that shit
Dlc for a good story is NOT okay if your base is intentionally shit
Glad it flopped for the shit they pulled
>>
Shooting up the red queen with this blasting through the distorted club speakers was pretty kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCdzDjFKfik
>>
>>386518216

It feels like the pilot episode to a television series instead of a full experience.

It plays and feels like a random day of Jensen on the job instead of an urgent conspiracy of imminent danger and high stakes. You are literally just investigating a terrorist bombing.

The gameplay adds only refinements and a options to combat and nothing to stealth gameplay. The enemy AI is not improved which makes the game trivial. It plays the same as Human Revolution for stealthy players. The level design is also boring both visually and gameplay wise. For stealth there are options but nothing challenging. For combat focused players level design does not matter as it isn't a true shooter.

The performance is terrible and the use of TAA makes sharpening necessary due to how blurry the game becomes and their implementation of MSAA is embarrassingly poor.

It is not the sequel Human Revolution deserved and given how underwhelming the story is, the game makes a good case that bringing back Jensen was a bad idea. I liked him, he looks cool. His floral jacket was iconic and his shades are fucking awesome. But as a character he showed little growth.

Prague sucks and the side-quests were sleep educing. The DLC was CLEARLY ripped from the core game and would have added a lot to the experience with regards to context and pacing.
>>
File: DXMD_Augment_Your_PreOrder.0.0.jpg (178KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
DXMD_Augment_Your_PreOrder.0.0.jpg
178KB, 1600x900px
>>386521686
>Glad it flopped for the shit they pulled

their pre-launch was almost the video game equivalent of the xbone announcement

sure they pulled it back, but the damage was done: I knew for a fact that I would only pick it up if it was dirt cheap. I'm also glad that I did because it is not any better than its predecessor and the story is pretty boring and non-eventful
>>
>>386521986
I should mention that sharpening is disgusting and ruins the visuals in MD. In most games it looks terrible.
>>
I loved Human Revolution, but I heard nearly nothing about Mankind Divided because of the lack of advertising and overall awareness. It's like Ubisoft wanted it to fail just like what EA did to Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
>>
>>386522183
It wasn't published by Ubisoft, it's a Square Enix game.
>>
>>386522274
Shit, better abandon thread before my pasta levels exceeds maximum capacity. Cheers, anon!
>>
>>386522451
I was just correcting you, there was no malice. Poe's law.
>>
File: dvali.jpg (727KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dvali.jpg
727KB, 1920x1080px
>>386518216
The side mission design was unexpectedly great and I appreciated the attempts to tie them into the main plot. However, the main plot itself feels like just another side mission, and too many story threads were left hanging. The game basically functions as a 1 act story like The Matrix Reloaded and it's depressing to realize we won't get a continuation anytime soon.
I think the most depressing thing is the powerful blueballing the game gives you if you really pay attention to the subtext. It's like the entire game was just a teaser for the real story.
The game basically gives you every piece of information you need to make you realize that MD Jensen is a clone. That in itself is great, but the ending where it shows that he's likely a tool for the Illuminati to keep tabs on TF29/Janus-Volkard just gives you the feeling that this subtext is leading into something insane. But because of Square Enix we're ever going to get that.
In any event, still a good game. It's not near DX1 but it's a great modernization and I enjoyed the attempts to have player choice make an impact on the story/world. And by god the audiovisuals were amazing. Art design, soundtrack, voice acting, everything was top notch (with the exception of nonexistent reflections on reflective surfaces).
https://youtu.be/HXOc6cAhGlk?t=8m
https://youtu.be/b8wpTMKSoOc?t=5m3s
>>
>>386518216
It was good until it randomly fucking ended.
>>
>>386518216
Good game, though not as memorable as HR

I can only hope SE let eidos Montreal finish Jensens story after they make that guardians of the galaxy game
>>
>>386523193
>Art design, soundtrack, voice acting, everything was top notch
Couldn't agree more, minus that poor va replacement for Sarif
>>
>>386523193
If your spoiler turns out true, I wonder what it means for the story and Adam's fate if it ever gets finished.
>>
>>386518216

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0oV3wgxiDPo
>>
>>386518216
i only had a toaster when it came out and it didn't run
i haven't gone back to it now that i have something better yet
>>
>>386523193
>MD Jensen is a clone.

what happened to the real one
>>
>>386518216
Unfinished piece of shit
>>
>>386526042
Likely dead after the events of the end of Human Revolution.
>>
Could've been better. Should've been better.
>>
File: 2jensens.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2jensens.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
>>386525705
>>386526042
The part about cloning or the part about the Illuminati? The former is really hinted at too hard to not be true, honestly.
>Sarif's side mission shows he doesn't have a clue where the new augs are from, but he knows that his old augs are there
>in the Versalife vault we see a body identical to Adam's except with augmentations seemingly stripped out
>NotEliza's side mission has her calling you for advice on how to be herself again after "death"
>Harvester side mission confirms the existence of powerful memory editing hardware
>Delara dropping hints that she's there to analyze if Adam's memories are functioning normally
>game's title screen is literally augmented Jensen looking at a version of himself without augments
>>
Great, but unfinished and it'll be at least a decade before we see continuation/conclusion, if it's gonna happen at all. The story certainly doesn't stand well alone, but gameplay, side quests and amount of detail were noice.
>>
>>386526042
Oh and to answer your question directly, >>386526179
is probably right. Jensen was likely dead or near dead. I think the Illuminati recovered him, implanted stuff into him along with new augs, edited his memories, and put him back into the field as their secret weapon.
By the way, in the game it's stated that the mission to find him was officially titled a hardware recovery op, as the search for survivors was over. Hence why the Illuminati would've had such an easy time getting through to him.
>>
>>386526294
The former. The latter is less interesting; we know how the Illuminati turn out already regardless of what becomes of Jensen.

It would be disappointing if he were offscreen'd.
>>
>>386526294
>game's title screen is literally augmented Jensen looking at a version of himself without augments

nah, you can see the frames of shades aug, it's just in off state
>>
>>386518216
Just made me wish I was playing Deus Ex.
>>
good atmosphere and world design
great side quests
shit main story, or at least unfinished
breach is shit
DLC is not tied to the main story
fucking publisher shenanigans like pre order bonuses and SP microtransactions
>>
>>386518216
Great exploration, off the charts comfyness when played at night in a dark room, badly optimized, short, too much hacking, unmemorable characters.

That's about it
>>
>>386527093
>DLC is not tied to the main story
While a shame, A Criminal Past is great, really worth playing. Wish SysRift was worth the price.
>>
>>386526636
>The latter is less interesting; we know how the Illuminati turn out already regardless of what becomes of Jensen.
That's true, but we don't know exactly what they want from Jensen themselves. DeBeers wants to use him as a double agent to catch Janus, Volkard might literally be Janus, and we still have no idea what Page's angle is.
>>386526814
Shades aug is that gold color even when it's EMP'd IIRC, but you could be right. I still think the imagery fits. The first time I finished the game I didn't think that the title screen had much to do with the game- there wasn't really overt personal conflict in Jensen throughout the game- but the theory cast it in a new light for me.
>>
>>386527137
>Great exploration, off the charts comfyness
yeah, it's amazing

>badly optimized
this will fade away with time, i remember when invisible war was giving me sub 30 fps
>unmemorable characters
i can name a few, but all of them are waifus
>too much hacking
i really miss lockpicks
>>
Frankly, Mankind Divided just serves to make the original game look all the better. Seventeen years and three official attempts later, nothing's been able to compare.
>>
>>386527850
folded shades aug, the frames
>>
Does anyone have that techno loop that plays near one of the buildings in second part of the Prague hub? It's a club, but no-explorable one.\
The theme non in any sountrack because i think it's line an ambient sound.
>>
>>386521986
Wow. This is everything I thought as well. Very nice.
>>
File: 1472077729884.jpg (77KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1472077729884.jpg
77KB, 288x499px
I wish the DLCs were integrated into the main game without being separate stories where you start with a new skill tree / inventory.

The Aug only prison was great, too little to do before shit goes to hell though. The other DLCs were okay at best, System Rift was interesting because they revealed hacktivists use VR to breach systems.

NG+ is literally the exact same game with no difficulty increase, you just get to keep all your augs and items. Hoped for more of a challenge.
>>
>>386518216
Putting off dlc shit aside, I enjoyed it but the second part and especially the ending felt rushes.
It felt like an incomplete story.
Gameplay wise was great and jensen is more badass this time though
And the attention to detail was as great as ever
A 8/10
Wish it was longer thoufh with a new city
>>
its fucking boring
really fucking boring

i just tried getting into it a second time, and put it down AGAIN for an extended period of time

its just a bad game im afraid
>>
File: 3njK8sh.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
3njK8sh.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
The music wasn't anywhere near as definative as in HR
Like I don't think there's any track in MD that I dislike and I'm able to listen to the soundtrack very easily, but nothing actually stands out like Icarus did
The art design, while nice, just doesn't hold a candle to the ultra futuristic and stylised detroit
I like the old and new in prague but it just doesn't feel like a city that was just a couple of years ago the absolute world hub of augmented workers and money
It feels too busy, everything's slapped on walls and signs with seemingly little care about the placement
>>
>>386528730
I'm not sure if there's an independent track for it if I know what you're talking about. Is it this?
https://youtu.be/2w-KTzOVJG4?t=9m51s (9:50 if the link timestamp doesn't work)
>>
File: _.jpg (119KB, 1047x562px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
119KB, 1047x562px
>>386530452
As far as i remember that's not it. The one i'm talking about plays here
>>
>>386518216
Improved gameplay mechanics and augs while still being bogged down by third-person stuff obviously, interesting locations, sidequests and vignettes (some of them at least) but doesn't feel anywhere near as "globetrotting" as DX or even DXHR and ends fairly abruptly even though it's long af if you take your time exploring as you should in a DX game (not that there are actually many secrets to be found though).

It's a shame this is the last of nuDX though. Haven't gotten round to the DLC since it seems kind of pointless now.
>>
>>386518216
How are dlcs?
>>
>>386531958
Criminal Past is great, rest are middling
>>
>>386531958
System Rift
>Pritchard (tho his model is not very flattering)
>more Palisade to plunder
>minihub
>but still short as fuck
>heat-seeking security gimmick for change

Criminal Past
>complex level
>replayability via decisions
>actual good story reason for starting from zero with the augs
>interesting exchanges with the shrink
>>
>>386518216
it was more Deus Ex Human Revolution, wanted more but didn't get more, what a sloppy finish to what could've been a great trilogy
>>
>>386531958
i can only comment on pre-order mission, it was meh, writing was bad
>>
>>386532428
>trilogy

What?
>>
>>386518216
Way too short.
>>
I hate the Jensen is a clone theory, but I guess there's enough evidence to support the claim

MD is HR, but with bad choices
>unnecesary and unfun Breach mode
>butchered main story
>DLCs not being part of the main game

The setting and the sidequests are 10/10 though
>>
>>386532479
If I recall correctly things were cut from the first game cause they deemed it too much to cover in one game, and it was instead planned into a trilogy, which is why the ending came abruptly when it felt like the game was just getting good
>>
They really SHOULD remove breach in sequel
>>
>>386532632
>sequel
this is all we're getting, Deus Ex is canned
>>
>>386532618
Oh, I get it.

I thought you meant there were only three Deus Ex games.
>>
>>386520080
ASS

NICE AND FAT
>>
>>386520080
She's literally Adam's ex-girlfriend 2.0
>>
>>386532883
There are only three Deus Ex games
>>
>>386524430
ADAAAAAM
>>
File: aeb.png (509KB, 200x600px) Image search: [Google]
aeb.png
509KB, 200x600px
>>386520080
post more
>>
>>386531308
You retard, that's the music coming from the drug den just southwest
>>
>>386523193
>Po-Pa
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: DXMD Talos Rucker.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DXMD Talos Rucker.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Unfinished but still had its moments
>>
I would have gotten it if I had a console it was avaliable on.
>>
>>386521986
This. Despite all of this the game probably would have worked as a quick follow up to HR released in like 2012 or 13

There's nothing about this game that feels like it took 5 years to make
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.