[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it really that bad /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: ESO.jpg (59KB, 650x341px) Image search: [Google]
ESO.jpg
59KB, 650x341px
is it really that bad /v/?
>>
>>386512674
Let's put it this way, did you like Skyrim but think that its gameplay was too complex and the world was too interactive and deep? That you would have had more fun if they dumbed everything down and made the world more cold and sterile?

Then no, ESO isn't that bad and you should give it a try. The thing will probably be right up your alley.
>>
>>386512674
>eso
>bad

it literally has the most cannon lore, best questing of any video game only slightly losing to ff15 because they have better camera work but the quests themselves are god tier, and the best voice acting since everysingle npc even the khajit in the corner of a map picking his nose has unique voice lines. Not to mention the guild wars combat from when guild wars was good except better.

literally everything is viable and you can actually point points into other things other than your main stats to make your build. Not to mention you can do any quest anywhere because it scale so you don't have to do some shitty meme quest that you are too over leveled to enjoy.

This is literally elder scrolls 6

yes I'm le todd xD
>>
>>386512914
It's impossible to simplify Skyrim's gameplay further.
>>
>>386512674
every thread I've seen hails it

who the fuck said it was bad?
>>
>>386513025
People who play it and reach the end to see that the games all PvP, which is bad for someone who wants something to replace WoW
>>
>>386512674
It's a solid mmo. Decent quests (not many that are collect 20 boar testicles), doesn't feel like it is actively after your wallet, solid if not amazing combat.
Downsides are that it's a themepark mmo through and through, main plot is a "YOU are the chosen one" bullshit that has no place in an mmo, and personally I find the Elder Scrolls setting boring as fuck.

Not many decent mmos out there right now, I'd say this ones pretty solid especially for a b2p.
>>
>>386513112
>games all PvP
>have played for 220+ hours and haven't even seen a quarter of the PvE content yet

yeah you're lying.

Also the PvP is godly in ESO so it's not even a problem
>>
>>386512914
it's not so bad imo I got the Gold edition and have been having a blast going through High rock

I heard that the Morrowind DLC was a letdown for Morroweenies
>>
>>386512982
dev here, you're retarded
>>
>>386512982
I love when people say objectively incorrect shit just to fit into the /v/ hivemind.
>>
>>386513269
Where's the raids?
>>
>>386513262
This. If you want to play an mmo, it's one of the best right now (not that that's saying much, but still). If you just want Elder Scrolls, don't fucking do it.
>>
>>386513406
It has trials which are 12 man raids.

To answer OP's question it has a terrible main story, had a REALLY terrible launch and took ~ a year to really be playable. First impressions are huge on a shitfest like /v/.
>>
>>386513365
You're right, you could remove the need to chug potions while spamming LMB.
>>
>>386513612
OP here and yeah the Main Story is shit so far
I barely started it too

PVP on the other hand has been a fucken blast I have not had so much fun in a game since TF2 was at it's height

Imperial city DLC saved this game
>>
>>386513641
not helping yourself player
>>
>>386513761
Not an argument.
>>
>>386513716
The Main Story was written to be a blatant "Chosen One" trope and despite that being a bit of a theme in prior games it feels really dumb in an MMO.

Not to mention this is a rare TES game where you don't become the guildmaster of everything, you are not the God King of Tamriel all the time and nobody bows to you. At most you are a very respected soldier amidst your faction and the faction leader calls upon you personally quite often (at least with DC).

I'd say the removal of veteran ranks and the champion point system being a better end-game advancement system is what turned the game around.
>>
>>386513919
They could have pulled off a Daggerfall and have an unknown hero mainstory
>>
Don't go in wanting an MMO, it's merely okay as one. Go in for TES, it's a solid TES game and has tons of the more interesting lore in it.
>>
>>386513883
>remove the need to chug potions while spamming LMB.
ok, tell me how to remove this from the game. actually, just tell me where you would start and show me how simple skyrims gameplay is
>>
File: God is kill.jpg (66KB, 600x671px) Image search: [Google]
God is kill.jpg
66KB, 600x671px
>>386512674
>join PVP
> in a Daggerfall fort with my bois
>Hear some shit outside and decide to check it out
>ohfuckme it's Dominion attack
>lads go on the top to shoot spells down at the elven bastards
>me and few other knights wait for them to burst the door
>FUCKEN 40 DOMINION TROOPS AND ONLY 22 OF US
>Daggerfall troops in Chat begging for reinforcements
we held that fort for like 30 seconds before the door went down and they flooded our shit

this game is alright
>>
>open up the race selection screen
>try to change the resolution
>suddenly game becomes completely unresponsive and can't click on anything
>had to refund the game twice because of this

Guess I'm never finding out how bad/good ESO is
>>
>>386514846
>laptop gaming
>>
>>386513883
>>386514212
;)
>>
>>386514598
pvp is the reason you would buy eso its gud
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.