[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: bundle1.jpg (38KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
bundle1.jpg
38KB, 610x361px
What went wrong?
>>
>>386511674
lack of third party support
>>
>>386511697
Its getting some though?
>inb4 AAA
No one wants that trash
>>
>>386511674
>What went wrong?
not much, besides a shitty third party library. It's still sell a lot. But I blame the portable gimmick for that.
>>
>>386511674
no games
>>
>>386511674
Too few games to justify a investment, hardware is extremely over priced as well. It's a Nvidia shield being sold for $300, you can get a PS4 and XB1S and a couple of games for less
>>
>>386511674
Yout post.
>>
File: 1499170205789m.jpg (69KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499170205789m.jpg
69KB, 800x1024px
>>386511674
>all it has for three months are wii u ports and shovelware
>no third party support
>no virtual console
>paid online
>initial hardware issues
>short battery life
>expensive pro controller
>Nintendo staples like Smash, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing currently unannounced
>didn't have a Mario at launch
>no backwards compatibility
>xeno 2 while having good environments looks to have awfully designed and unlikeable characters
>Prime 4 was revealed with a logo and that's it
>splatoon 2 and mk8 deluxe barely added anything
>zelda was an open world meme game
>arms is the only game so far worthy of note
>joycon has an awful d-pad, the one thing nintendo controllers usually have going for them
>$300 dollars
>>
>Zero Japanese or Western developers have shown interest in the thing, even though it's been half a year since release, and even longer in development
>Weakest system, again
>Paid/shit online, DLC, Amiibos are here to stay for good
>Mario and Splatoon only, again

It's like the Wii U all over again. How many times is it going to take before the fanboys learn?
>>
>>386513592
>Kirby unannounced
https://youtu.be/Cc3PAAije0Y
???
>>
I'd also like to point out that my phone has a higher resolution than the Switch.
>>
>>386511674
no games
underpowered hardware (once again) compared to the competition
gimmicks everywhere (again) that no one wanted
ports, ports everywhere
overpriced console
massively overpriced accessories
artificial scarcity which only helps scalpers because nintendo is anti-consumer
nothing good coming out
NO GAMES
>>
>>386513978
That's not a particularly hard bar to clear. The Switch's internal resolution is 720p.
>>
>>386513978
Can it play botw ? Splatoon? Arms? MK8 DX?
>>
>>386513978
Congrats you wasted money on something useless when you could have bought a phone with better specs.
>>
No killer app, and highly doubtful Nintendo or any other developers will take anything resembling a risk to create one. Just going to be more of the same IPs, lackluster third party support, and ultimately a library consisting mainly of WiiU ports.
>>
>>386514228
>no killer app

Man, BotW fucked your mouth so hard it gave you brain damage.
>>
>>386511674
It's selling well and good first party games are comming. Will be looking really strong when xeno and mario are out. I imagine a lot will be sold during christmas if they can keep them on shelves
>>
>>386514317
I bought it for WiiU, since that is the only reason I bought one all the way back in 2013. Its an okay game.

Nintendo isn't long for the home console world.
>>
File: 1500346805327.gif (525KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
1500346805327.gif
525KB, 400x238px
>>386514537
You dumb faggots said this back during the Wii era and got knocked the fuck out. Quit this Nintendo going 3rd party meme already it was and will never be funny.
>>
>>386514537

30 years going. Nintendo is DOOMED. THIS time it's real. yes yes, we screamed and cried for it for 3 whole decade but THIS TIME for real. Never mind the switch being a success it doesn,t matter because i hate nintendo and i got a pea sized brain they gonna die soon i swear.

Pathetic. Choke on those dicks and crow, you mentally defective subhuman
>>
>>386514173
It can play Mario and Pokemon.
>>
>>386514723
Honestly anyone buying a nintendo console looking for good 3rd party games is making a mistake.
>>
>>386514537
>>386514795
He's only right in the sense they will probably keep making hybrids from this point, but they'll make a fuckload of profit doing so, so I'm not sure that's a bad thing for Nintendo.

A lot of people who cry and scream nintendoom don't seem to realise that even when their consoles undersell, they still make plenty of money as a result.

Will the Switch outpace the PS4? Probably not. Will it still make a fuckload of money? Already guaranteed.
>>
>>386514795
>(company) is invulnerable because people have speculated its decline in the past
Huh. Interesting logic.
>>
>>386514838
Which ones, there are dozens of each ?

Wil it play Odyssey ? or the mainline Pokemon next year? Somehow , i suspect it won't .
>>
File: 1501451477712.png (611KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
1501451477712.png
611KB, 699x699px
>>386514873
I don't think anyone with half a brain to spare buys Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games as they haven't had good 3rd party support since the SNES and N64 eras. People here are genuinely delusional if they think the Switch will meet the same fate as the WiiU did considering how well its printing money right now despite the shortages.
>>
>>386515081
What about the 7 billion $ in the bank and continuing to profit even with a badly selling console?

How about releasing a sensationnal console that's flying off the shelves in most countries?

Jesus christ, you niggers are terrible at pattern recognition
>>
>>386511674
their focus on it being a secret/surprise led to some r&d problems where the physical unit is too easily damaged
this could have been remedied if it was in more people's hands
the bending, the dock scratches, the joycon sliders locking if you put them on in the wrong direction, all issues that could have been realized before mass production if they weren't so fucking focused on keeping it hidden from anyone that could leak it
>>
>>386515130
>b-b-b-but i can play pokemon yellow for the five-hundredth time on a 5 inch 4k screen that totally annihilates battery life
>>
File: n.jpg (102KB, 416x272px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
102KB, 416x272px
>what went wrong
>for me
I guess it was my fault for buying a nintendo console and expecting them to release anything other than mario and zelda. So far I only have three games (zelda, arms, and MK8D) deluxe i kinda regret buying, this is due to the racing not feeling as good as say Modnation racers. BOTW was a weird experience, I played about 120hrs then decided to beat ganon. After doing that i realized that the rest of the game would be just finishing shrines and collecting koroks. no thanks. the combat, my main complaint, is not satisfying at all. I would have gladly traded flurry rush for a robust combat system, at least a modifier to links attacks. Arms so far has kept me going because I actually like the characters and the mechanics. Now im just waiting for Odyssey. Im not interested in rpg's or shooters, so splatoon i wasnt interested in and xenoblade didnt catch my attention. I understand that porting isnt just a push of a button but dont make me wait months for a game that was released a while ago on other consoles. there are so many great games that could have been ready to release for the switch in these past few months, but nope.

>games i personally want on this machine
Galak-Z
INSIDE
Grow Up
LASTFIGHT(single joycon use)
Headlander
ABZÛ
Little Nightmares
Naruto ultimate ninja Storm 4
W101
>>
File: 1501435902699.jpg (3MB, 1624x4560px) Image search: [Google]
1501435902699.jpg
3MB, 1624x4560px
>>386515440
>b-b-b-but i can play pokemon yellow for the five-hundredth time
Boy nu/v/ just loves proveing this almost decade old image right dont they.
>>
Nintendo is gay and for transgender children, also they are going out of business, and its funny that Iwata died.
>>
>>386515619
Are you a spastic? That wasn't an attack on Nintendo. It was an attack on retards who equate playing old roms on their piece of shit phone to actually having access to modern games. If anything your image proves my point because phoneposters don't have access to any of that good shit.
And I've been here since 2005,
boyo.
>>
>>386514723
Look how upset you got lmao
>>
^ when you got no games so all you can do is yell about how your console's competitor has no games
>>
>>386515890
Not upset. Just annoyed /v/ doesn't put any effort into their shitposts and forced memes anymore.
>>
>>386514795Nintendo is DOOMED.

Quoted for truth, my friend.

Speaking truth to power, my brother.
>>
I'm just glad it's focusing more on real games than shitty gimmicks like the Wii U
>>
>>386518274
kill yourself falseflagging nigger.
>>
>>386516069
Still mad. Clam down, kiddo.
>>
>>386511674

not much. nintendo just has to prove themselves with good sales so more 3rd parties will jump on board. and if they don't? they'll be fine. if the 3ds could have a good library this will have an even better one. heck, it already does to me for the first year.
>>
>>386513592

you worked really hard to pad out your list, didn't ya
>>
>>386511674

Nothing so far. Library is kinda weak but it's doing stellar in sales.
>>
>>386513592
>kirby not announced
stopped reading there, do your research before you shitpost next time.
>>
Don't know why I keep seeing
>no games
When mine arrives I got for it botw, splatoon 2 and puyo puyo tetris.
Three games I really want on a system that has been out for less than half a year and that's not even all the killer apps.
I'm just not interested in mario kart 8 an arms.
There's more stuff coming I'm interested in getting too.

And no "but its a wiiu port" isn't an argument against the switch for me because I never got a wiiu, like most sensible people.

Are you guys seriously expecting there to be thirty killer apps at launch?
>>
>>386511674
>What went wrong?
ah, /v/ favorite meme when something they dont like its doing good.

this kid of threads work the same and Patcher predictions
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.