[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they stop making this series anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 58622_front.jpg (55KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
58622_front.jpg
55KB, 640x460px
Why did they stop making this series anyway?
>>
WoW.
>>
WoW literally prints money and Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about old fans.
>>
>>386510125

Because World of Warcraft obviously.
>>
RTS is fucking dead
>>
>dota custom map for wc3 is the most popular thing ever
>make another warcraft game
>make another dota game
>forget about the CUSTOM MAP for WARCRAFT 3 part entirely
Because fuck the shit people actually want right?
>>
File: 1347575918252.jpg (206KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1347575918252.jpg
206KB, 500x376px
>>386510305
>>386510319
>>386510330
Why don't they make both? Obviously blizzard will make a wc4 the only question is WHEN? Will it be teased at this blizzcon? I can only pray. I mean they have to be working on SOMETHING

>>386510125
Just finished a play through of TFT and all i got to say is
1:ROC Human campaign
2:ROC Orc campaign + Prelude
~power gap~
3:ROC NE campaign
~power gap~
4:ROC Undead Campaign
5:TFT Undead campaign
6:TFT NE campaign
~power gap~
~power gap~
7: TFT Human campaign

Debate me
>>
>>386510125
It spawned DOTA 2 and they are actually still butthurt about it
>>
>>386511592
Anything they try to do with WC4 would take away resources on whatever WoW expansion is probably coming out next. There'd probably be some big backlash if they made WC4 and the non-RTS WoW drones bought it and flipped shit because it's an RTS.
>>
>>386511592
>Why don't they make both?
Because "lore"

They can't make a WC4 without killing off everything previously or else WoW might bleed in causing inconsistencies
>nu-blizzard writing is consistent to begin with
As long as they have a reason to keep selling expansions
>>
>>386512673
>>386512695
Nah they can easily do alternative time lines they even had a whole expansion about that.
>>
File: 400px-Elise_Starseeker_full.jpg (33KB, 400x470px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Elise_Starseeker_full.jpg
33KB, 400x470px
>>386510125
>Only one or two expansions until WC4 is back on the menu
>It'll be without the Legion and the Void Lords
I can't wait.
>>
>>386513376
>that image
NE are crazy amazons, this representation is shit.
>>
Wacraft II
>terrestrial, aerial, naval units
>9 max units per selection
>2 factions
>3 resources
>ARMY

Wacraft III
>terrestrial, aerial units
>12 max units per selection
>4 factions
>2 resources
>army + heroes

Wacraft IIII
>terrestrial units
>15 max units per selection
>6 factions
>1 resource
>HEROES
>>
>>386513032
That's exactly the same thing as killing off everything in WoW because it's "not part of the canon timeline"
>>
>>386513926
>Implying you wouldn't wanna know all kinds of history and explore cool places if you were a 10,000 year old scholar
Elise is a treasure.
>>
>>386513958
so that implies you can play with 15 heroes at the same time?
i mean controlling 15 unique characters would be kinda challenging.
>>
>>386510653
Blizzard has legal PTSD from Dota 2 I think.

They will NEVER forgive themselves for losing the rights to the number 1 multiplayer game of the last half decade.

And Bobby Kottick is probably firing people for even mentioning "Why don't we let the players amke their OWN maps" in any future RTS.
>>
>>386514058
Wrong, the homoginized all the races in wow Orcs, Elves, Goblins, etc are just humans that look different from one another. Im surprised they don't call them Azarothians at this point.

Second, Warcraft was good when it was medieval fantasy. What is this bitch doing wearing 1800th century clothing?
>>
>>386514058

Why the fuck is a Night Elf wearing glasses. Dyke glasses at that.
>>
>>386515154
After thousands of years of living without men most night elves are lesbian.
>>
>>386513958
lol I bet the 1 resource is going to be USD.
>>
>>386514046
Not if the continue the wow timeline in wow. its not like wow will somehow be closed down once wc4 comes out.
>>
>>386511592
>Why don't they make both?
because it's a huge risk of invalidating one game over the other.

You saw it with WoW already. With the first three expansions they gutted the lore established in Warcraft 1-3 in order to "progress" the story past Frozen Throne.

And it doesn't even factor in that RTS is a dead genre. They don't pull in esports money like they used to, and at this point the hardcore playerbase for RTS has either moved on to MOBAs, APRGs, or other games that are much more profitable. Just look at the Starcraft numbers. They did the re-release and people stopped caring about two weeks into it, and no one has pre-ordered the remaster, much less are still talking about it.

WoW prints money, we have a big patch coming soon that's garnering some interest for current and returning players, with a new expansion coming soon to draw even more interest in again. SO why try to dilute the franchise even more with a game in a genre that no one wants to play anymore when you have this powerhouse that you can put in half the effort towards and get much more profit back from it?
>>
File: DKMobCover.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
DKMobCover.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>386515661
I think if they ever DO make warcraft 4 it will be more like pic related.

Frankly Blizzard is dead, Activsion basically owns that show. This means that warcraft RTS's have gone the way of Red Alert RTS's.. the company that made them is dead and everyone's forgot.
>>
Because WoW took the mantle.

My question is will Blizzard ever make such a successful game again? Also will we ever get a game as good and memorable as WoW again? I feel like gaming overall has already peaked. And that I buy new games that never really impress.
>>
>>386515661
You re not factoring in brand name recognition, people will buy wc4 because its wc4. Just like people watch capeshit and 5 transformers movies. sc2 is tied for 10th in the most sold game of all time RTS is not dead people WILL buy it if its a blizzard game.

The fact that they may "alienate" some fans doesn't matter to blizzard at all. they showed that with d3 and sc2. It doesn't matter if in the end wow loses more subs over this all that matters is that they made a bigger profit this year then last year.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.