[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

MGSV The pain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6825.jpg (35KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6825.jpg
35KB, 600x330px
"the Gameplay is superior to other metal gear games". "It has the best story and characters I've ever seen"
"ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN METAL GEAR 4" "WAIIIFUUUUUU"

Why. Why must every. Single. MGSV thread I've seen on this board boil down to these being what's mostly parroted in its defence. This shit is up theee with FFXV on the levels of bullshit but somehow people say it's better

Is this what people want? Because what I'm seeing is the polar opposite of the complaints like "it's too cinematic, I don't care about story, GIBE ME GAMEPLAY" and then you get to play the game........ that has unskipable cutscenes, segments where you're not in a cutscenes persay but you're doing the equvient of nothing while either looking around as your driving/flying away or having to crawl around/carry someone over your shoulders. And than when you do play the game, it's what exactly? Open world adventure where you're doing nothing even REMOTELY comparable to the OG games. Everything I'm doing feels so fucking contrive and pointless. Nothing seems to matter in this world that Venom fights in.

Seriosuly. What's so great about the gameplay when um, well you know..... IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE ANY MEMORBLE BOSSES. like my fucking god you wanna hate on octopus ladies and weird robot dogs hiding in snows and those flying whatchamacallits and {IS THAT PYSCHO MANTIS}.
How the fuck are these worse than rock zombies and helicopters?

TLDR. Have I been meme'd into beliving this game had redeemable qualities to it? This soulless, mindless, boring game???

[spoliers]
"On a side note, I actually shamelessly adore quiet but god damn she's not that well utilized. And what is the point of her existence if she just fucks off, never to be properly developed or even mentioned ever again." [/spoilers]
>>
[spoilers] Ps. Can't black out spoilers properly. Fuck my shit up senpai like that god damn jeep ride. Why the fuck did they include this in the game. [/spoilers]
>>
>>386506245
protip: just use spoiler instead of spoilers

also i think spoiler markup only works on blueboards
>>
I've seen that most people who defend do so because it's their first Metal Gear game. I was talking to some irl friends about it and when I brought up complaints, they shat on the earlier games without having experienced them. They also didn't even finish it, so whatever. It's just a really boring game, lacking the charm of previous games to uplift the lesser moments. The series should've ended at 4 desu. It was a fine conclusion and there was no need for more bullshit.

To spoiler something, just press ctrl+s in the box and it'll automatically come up
>>
testing [/spolier]
>>
>>386506782
testing again
>>
File: 1481144883176.png (2MB, 1543x2953px) Image search: [Google]
1481144883176.png
2MB, 1543x2953px
>Huge maps that are warzones with not a fucking thing going on. More like giant ghost towns
>Being punished on your mission score for using the coolest tools in your arsenal
>Repetitive
>No bosses
>Boring as fuck Side Ops

>Best gameplay in the series

I don't get it either OP
>>
>>386506006
>never to be properly developed or even mentioned ever again.

Because Venom was the one who could have stopped Quiet but he didn't because he didn't care about her. Everything he did was for Ocelot
>>
Test
>>
>>386509347
like fucking legit, I think instead of making us slowly hate Big boss and help us understand how he becomes a villain through some story narrative in game (spoilers, it never fucking happens, you're award hero points for Christ sakes.) they just show the players how he doesn't give 2 shits for her and she just "quietly" disappears saying thank you's to a fucking asshole.

Was that it? was that how he turns out to become a bad guy, because he can't romance anyone for shit and let's perfect hotness walk away like nothing.

And don't even get me started with Ocelot. WHY IS HE SO CHILL AND NORMAL. The man's a loon in the other games but here he is being some stoic voice of reason? Not even implying what event could've turned him from this to what he's like ever since MGS1.
Like how the fuck even. I might've forgiven this game if they treated Quiet right but no, they pretended to have us connect to her when in fact,venom is about as concerned for her as I was concerned about the fucks I sent up in balloons.
>>
I loved the gameplay mechanics in 4 shitloads more than any of the other MGS games. But fucking hell there's just not enough of a game to actually make use of those mechanics.
>>
>>386510702
>Implying Quiet wanting Venom had anything to do with Venom going nuclear
>>
File: 1487352857362.jpg (34KB, 601x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487352857362.jpg
34KB, 601x469px
>venom was a better boss than boss
>>
>>386508927
SNEAKING
MISSION

Why do people who play Metal Gear always demand that they be allowed to go in shooting AKs and rocket launchers everywhere?
>>
>>386511961
Because we want the option to go in nuclear
>>
>>386506006
Lets talk about Death Stranding
>>
>>386510702
Ocelot's role is being a triple-agent. In every game prior to MGSV, his role was to trick everyone. His personality was always a ruse. You can't perfectly trick EVERYONE if you're a madman. You need a high degree of intelligence and patience.
>>
>>386512040
Go for it. Have fun triggering alerts everywhere you go.
>>
>>386506006
but everyone says that the only good thing about the game is the gameplay, and it's true
Feels like a spinoff made from a shitty fanfic
>>
>>386510702
>implying Venom thought Quiet was attractive in any way
>>
File: Hatsune Miku dances on stage.webm (417KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hatsune Miku dances on stage.webm
417KB, 853x480px
Peacewalker did a better job at what MGSV was trying to do. Reminder that there are 2 proper boss fights in MGSV.
>>
>>386512412
Too bad PW was also trash
>>
The problem is that whenever we saw Ocelot before MGSV, it was as a rusemaster whose true intentions were always wrapped in mystery. So when MGSV featured a sincere Ocelot who was actually, genuinely trying to be of help to someone (i.e., Big Boss/Venom), it created a disconnected. I mean, logically, there must be someone beneath the mask, but up until recently, the mask was the only thing we knew. And some people ended up believing that the mask was actually the real deal.
>>
>>386506542
are you serious or just fucking with me
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.