[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Final Fantasy is officially a joke, what future does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 3094163-ffxv1.jpg (232KB, 962x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3094163-ffxv1.jpg
232KB, 962x1200px
Now that Final Fantasy is officially a joke, what future does it have outside of cashgrab remakes?
>>
FFXV is better than both XIII and XIV
>>
File: dental planz.jpg (9KB, 185x179px) Image search: [Google]
dental planz.jpg
9KB, 185x179px
>>386503656

All 3 are terrible.
>>
>>386503656
>"This pile of trash reeks slightly less than these other piles of trash!"

Thank you for proving OP.
>>
>>386503656
At least 13 and 14 are done and complete in story. I'm still waiting on the next installment of this game to finish it.
>>
>>386503750
XIII and XIV are both subpar

XV is pretty good honestly
>>
I'm enjoying FFXV but oh my god, why are the graphics so fucking bad?
>>
>just got this game new on Amazon a few weeks ago
>day one edition

This really doesn't mean anything any more does it? Given that the game has sold over 5 million copies I doubt it was still left over since the game debuted.
>>
>>386503557
Final Fantasy has been a joke since the movie.
>>
>>386503797
>XV is pretty good honestly

You're funny, dude.
>>
>>386503890
idk some parts of it look fantastic, it's more of a "on closer examination" thing

I think it's just to accommodate for consoles
>>
>>386503950
true. That was the real turning point.
>>
>>386503950
Spirits within?
>>
>>386503557
>now that
where have you been? Final Fantasy has been a joke since 2001. The only semblance of hope for the franchise was Bravely Default, a fucking final fantasy spin-off that is a spiritual successor to another final fantasy spin-off
>>
>>386503557
>Now that Final Fantasy is officially a joke
Only /v/ hates it.
But /v/ hates videogames in general, so that's nothing new.
>>
>>386503890
The graphics are mostly fine aside from NPC's.Those really needed a bit of work, especially when it comes to them continuing their spergtastic idle animations through a conversation.
>>
>>386503890
Dev hell, and you can tell. Game has been on 3 different internal engines at SE
>>
>>386504173

then why are you here idiot
>>
>>386504098
Yep. Only a third nuke will stop them now.
>>
>>386503890
It's a really uneven game in terms of graphics, sometimes it looks absolutely stunning and sometimes it looks almost PS2 tier. Interestingly, this isn't the first time I've noticed that with jap games.
>>
>>386504160
fucking this. Although, I'm interested in Project Octopath
>>
>>386504289
Forums are dead and social media blows.
And I don't like gaming journalism nor e-celebs.
Not only that, /v/ in 2004 wasn't that bad, so I have hope this shithole will be good again one day.
So, it's mostly out of necessity.
>>
>>386504451
we're only going to go deeper friend
>>
>>386504505
I know... I know, I don't know why I have faith on shit shithole.
I guess, again, mostly out of necessity.
>>
>>386503557
XV is fine. Flawed, but fine.
>>
>>386503656
>This piece of shit tastes better than these other 2
>>
>>386504451
>>386504173
>only /v/ hates it

Neogaf shits on it, as does Gamefaqs pretty frequently. Even places I least expect it, like IGN's videos with their normie as fuck audience, you see tons of shitting on the game. This game fucking deserves it though, and I'm glad people can see past Square's multi-media, "games as a service" bullshit, as well as their inability to deliver self contained world and story within the game. Literally everyone acknowledges that it feels incomplete/rushed and has horrible story-telling; it pretty much comes down to if you resonate with the characters and road trip aspect, and if thats enough o make you look past all the flaws.
>>
>>386503950
Although it's a tired cliche at this point VII really was so awe inspiring it put the series on the map and got people into the earlier and future entries, notably VI and VIII up to X until they went the MMO route with XI which confused the original theme of the game.

You really have to look at all the titles as their own individual works because of the gigantic level of difference between the quality and layout of the various games. But XI is when I think it became dead in a sense and more of a lifeless business model to the creators. XV is when I think they attempted to regain a sort of a passion with the series but it's not hard to see how it's so bogged down by lack of cohesion, finesse and that magic that FF has been able to sometimes create in the past. It's a confused game. Of course this is just my opinion, there are I'm sure millions of other factors.
>>
Final Fantasy is the Sonic the Hedgehog of the entire RPG genre. The only difference is Final Fantasy had 9 different Sonic 06s
>>
>>386503921
how much? and how big was the initial patch
>>
>>386503557
Just play Persona 5 if you want a good JRPG desu.
>>
>Now that Final Fantasy is officially a joke

one of the best FF games got released a month ago though, who cares if 13/15 are shit
>>
>>386505639
>mmo

i really wish it wasn't an mmo and it was just a XII-like game with larger zones, because it does look like the best FF game to come out as of late.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.