[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS THIS GAME ANY GOOD If not, is any of the series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Sonic_Riders_Coverart.png (174KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Riders_Coverart.png
174KB, 256x324px
IS THIS GAME ANY GOOD

If not, is any of the series?
>>
The first one is maybe the only sonic game I really enjoyed.
>>
>>386502967
would you say it still holds up? I don't mind the graphics
>>
>>386502506
I have played most sonic games, and I liked it, wish they would make a more fleshed out sequel, using the system of the first game (air)

3.5/5. It probably wont be to your taste if you dont like sonic games because the racing element of the game is rather rudimentary. The AI in the game doesn't have strong rubberbanding, so once you get ahead and stay on pace, you will win.

Air is an interesting concept to add, kind of like "fuel" for your board. It WILL run out when you are first starting out (boosting takes a lot of air), but its a nice addition that adds a sort of strategy element to the game.
>>
>>386503017
Yeah, be sure to grab the pc version with a custom exe for higher resolution.
But the gc works alright.
>>
File: 1465250591619.png (10KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1465250591619.png
10KB, 336x330px
>mfw still no proper sequel to this game yet
>>
It's a great game. High barrier of entry but it's pretty damn fun.
>>
>>386503124
I liked the idea of air board racing and Sonic has always been OK to me

I know they have one for the Wii and Kinect to. The Kinect one is a little too out of reach nowadays, but how bad is the Wii version? It looks much better.
>>
>>386503017
I enjoyed the hell out of it originally, but a lot of that had to do with playing local multi with friends. It is still a pretty decent racer, though.
>>
>>386503330
It replaced a lot of it's elements (tricks, drifts, etc..) with stuff like zero g turns and auto-tricks and it doesn't feel as fast or rewarding as the original.
Still a decent game.
>>
>>386503259
Whatever, the music is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KkQCxXUEBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYXdesmygN4
>>
>>386503330

The wii version is a completely different game thats an entirely different beast.

Zero Gravity I didnt like so much because the mechanic that they added is called the gravity dive, which basically takes the new "gravity power" and boosts you forward at incredible speed.

Because of this massive boost of speed, course design suffers a bit because they needed to add clear straightaways and tells when to use this power. The boost sees very little use outside these designated areas and some/most courses consist of these straightaways, segmented with turning/trick sections to build back up gravity power.

Still a decent game, but not so much as the first.
>>
Sounds fun, I think i'll try it. Reason im asking is cause there's a garage sale goin on next door and they're sellin this game for 5 bucks

No ones been there but I did manage to see it
>>
>>386504186
For five bucks absolutely pick it up.
>>
>>386502506
The first one is fine, but I preferred Zero Gravity (both for PS2).
>>
This game was pretty cool but why was everyone so elongated?
>>
>>386504276
>>386504384
Who should I main?
>>
>>386504596
They all have their advantages. Some can grind rails (Sonic, Amy, Jet), some can fly off ramps (Tails, Wave), and some can destroy obstacles (Knuckles, Storm, Eggman).
>>
>>386504596
The ones that can fly (Tails, Cream, Rouge) are the best for beginners.
>>
>>386502506
I used to play this all the time on my gamecube when I was younger.
The game is pretty good if you come in without any expectations.
The sequel is a step down though.
>>
>>386504596

Characters in the game are divided into type of speed, flying and power.

It varies on which type is the best from course to course, but most of the time you are going to want to go with a speed type character. they have the advantage in most courses. They grind on rails to take shortcuts, and also gain air while grinding.

Flying type characters would come in second, they can take the air boost rings and skip some sections speed and power characters would have to go through, while recovering air.

Power is the weakest of the three types. They gain air by breaking obstacles, but their arent enough obstacles on most courses and they dont recover enough air if you happen to miss one, making them inferior to speed or flying.
>>
>>386502506
Sonic riders is legitimately a pretty based racer
The sequel sucks
>>
>>386502506
I actually enjoyed both Riders and Zero Gravity when I was younger. That said, I used to like ZG only because of the anti-gravity thing. The mission thing was bullshit on both though. I only forced myself to do it because of muh super sanic.
>>
It's decent, but its all shit compared to ASRT.
>>
>>386505668
Well that's not a fair comparison
>>
>>386505391
Should I main Tails first like
>>386505297
said?

I imaging Tails'll be available from the start.
>>
>no sequel with expanded upon board types from the first
>no sequel with cool SEGA characters like Beat being unlockable

I can't remember, did these games have not-Sonic characters playable? I think they had SEGA stages?
>>
>>386505913
First one had Ulala, Aiai, Opa Opa, and Nights. Second one had Amigo, Nights, and Billy Hatcher. I know the second game had two SEGA stages.
>>
>>386505803
He's a starter char, but the story mode you play as different characters as the plot advances.
You need atleast to beat hero campaign to unlock the other chars & tracks (and the cup mode iirc).
>>
>>386505803
Tails can be a pretty good start, as aiming for the rails that speed characters take can be troublesome, while aiming for the ramps that flying characters take to start their air boost ring sequence can be easier while learning the controls/how to adjust in the game.

Either a speed or flying character would be a solid choice. Tails is great.
>>
>>386505668
All of the SEGA crossovers are great (except the Wii version of Tennis).
>>
File: 613748234.jpg (22KB, 208x306px) Image search: [Google]
613748234.jpg
22KB, 208x306px
Sonic Riders is a guilty pleasure. It's pretty enjoyable mostly thanks to the fun levels. The Heroes styled abilities are neat too and open up different shortcuts for different styles.
However, after a while of playing you realise how shallow the game really is. The trick system is really intuitive and it feels good to pull of tricks to gain speed, but once you figure out what tricks are the fastest there is no reason not to do them every time, getting XX with every jump.
Then there's the fact that the shortcuts, despite being fun, don't really take any effort and it gets boring to do the same shortcuts every time with no effort whatsoever. Doesn't help that there are only 8 tracks in GP.
The mission mode is alright and the unlocks are neat. I like the variety of boards, shoes and bikes and there are some fun hidden gears referencing other SEGA titles.
Multiplayer is okay. Nothing really special about it. Survival mode is kind of shitty, I guess battle is fine.
>>
>>386506320
If anything, power characters are the most beginner friendly, since you don't actually have to do anything to use their ability. You can just knock shit over by driving into it, negating some obstacles completely.
>>
File: Sonic Scouter.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Scouter.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>386502506
Better played with friends. It's a solid racing game.
>>
>>386502506
First Riders was great. I couldn't get into Zero Gravity which was pretty decent.
>>
>>386506750
>but once you figure out what tricks are the fastest there is no reason not to do them every time, getting XX with every jump.
>Then there's the fact that the shortcuts, despite being fun, don't really take any effort and it gets boring to do the same shortcuts every time with no effort whatsoever.
This is every non kart racing game ever. The racing genre has zero player interaction and is just a competition to max time.
>>
>>386502506
>IS THIS GAME ANY GOOD
>If not, is any of the series?

Sonic Riders 1 is the best riders game and THE BEST non-sonic sonic game ever released

IT ACTUALLY LETS YOU UNLOCK SUPER SONIC

That moment was SO FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>386503632
>mfw i added a sonic riders minigame to my fangame
>>
It had the best Rouge outfit.
>>
>>386505913
Sonic Riders had Sega Carnival and Sega illusion
Zero Gravity had 80s Boulevard and 90s Boulevard I think (never played Zero Gravity so not sure).
>>
>>386510623
Did the first game also have stages with two versions like ZG?
>>
>>386502506
Pretty good. I always wondered why they never added JSR characters to it. Also why did they make the sequels so gimmicky? the base game was solid, it only needed to be expanded upon.
>>
>>386510691
Yes. Every stage had two versions (Hero and Babylon) and which ones you raced on depended on which story you played.
>>
>>386502506
I liked that shit so much when I was young.
>>
>beat entire game, unlock everything except the red robot that requires you to play for a total of 50 hours to unlock it
>get up to over 30 hours
>memory card corrupts

Flying is my favorite class, mostly because they usually have the best level shortcuts.
>>
If Sonic being on the cover or in the name isn't enough to get you to pass on this shit, then you're fucking pathetic.
>>
This game is severely underrated
>Good music
>fun anti-casual gameplay
>Fun tracks to race
>Animated intro cutscene with badass music and aesthetics
>has THE MASTER PLAN as playable racer
>>
>>386512358
Why post in this thread if you can't appreciate a fun game, you fucking autist?
>>
It's an interesting beast. It's got great aesthetics and music and the racing mechanics are more advanced then what you'd expect, but you really gotta master them if you wanna get anywhere. I also like those new bird characters they added.
>>
File: e26.jpg (54KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
e26.jpg
54KB, 500x628px
>>386512358

>inb4 thx for the yous xD
>>
>>386503632
>vocals

garbage
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.