[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Melee fox vs Brawl meta knight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0637.png (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0637.png
1MB, 960x540px
3-stock, starts on neutral stage (We'll use Battlefield), counterpicks and the like are allowed. Anything you would find at a standard Smash tournament.
-Fox operates on Melee physics. This means he can wave dash, L cancel, multi-shine, and various other Melee techs. He also has his Melee fall speed, Melee damage, and his moves have Melee's poor hitstun.

-Meta Knight works as he did in Brawl. He has the same damage outputs and has his transcendent priority hits, he can glide + the unlimited air dodges, and things like that. However, he can also trip as is standard of brawl characters.

Both are played by 1st place champs/whoever you think played them best respectively.

>Who would win?
>>
File: 1490342439303.jpg (229KB, 1319x987px) Image search: [Google]
1490342439303.jpg
229KB, 1319x987px
Brawl Metaknight wins and its not even close. Tornado with its godlike priority and sheild stabbing potential wins the matchup by default.

Brawl hitstun cancel would make MK extremely hard to kill with Fox's best kill options (Bair, Upmash) and Off stage the advantage is all MK

Fox not having access to brawl SDI makes him even worse vs Meta knight

The only Melee character that could potentially beat MK is Ice climbers for the same reason the match-up in brawl was so popular- 3 grabs and you win

Tl;DR
Sakurai is a senile retard who cant design a game well. MK OP
>>
Brawl Metaknight
>get fox to a higher percent
>hold down B for time to run out
gg
>>
>>386503324

I'm gonna go with Fox with hitstun being the deciding factor. Fox can actually combo Meta Knight and can hardly be comboed at all based on how fast he falls. Lasers coupled with speed allow for him to camp Meta Knight out decently and force the approach. Meta Knight is pretty light too so Uair and Usmash could both kill effectively.

The biggest problem with MK is that Brawl is still a little bit slower and he can't do the crazy techs that are in Melee.

Meta Knight is really fucking good but he's also crippled by self inflicted tripping. I just can't see him taking a set off a Fox that's playing at the top tier.
>>
>>386502115
This isn't even a contest. Metaknight is infinitely more broken than Fox.
>>
Meta Knight wins. Fox can't really do shit if MK plays like a bitch. Tornado beats shine and hits multiple times and since it's Melee shield, it gets obliterated.
>>
>>386504209
This is a pretty good answer. I think Fox has the stronger KO potential, but wouldn't Meta Knight be able to just ledge camp all day? Sure, Fox can probably sneak a shine in there, but it's risky, and Meta Knight can recover from it with absolutely no problems. He can also just glide under the stage and go for the other ledge.
I just don't see it happening unless he plays risky. Fox loses neutral big time, but wins punish game, if the Meta Knight would engage him.
>>
what about fox's lasers? surely laser camping gives fox a chance, along with invincible ledge dashes?
>>
>>386505927
MK Tornado invalidates invincible ledge dashes
>>
We have to assume each character has his native mechanics (this question doesn't make sense otherwise). That means that melee Fox can't do much to Meta Knight in the air because Meta Knight can just air dodge over and over, but melee Fox is stuck with the much weaker melee airdodge so Meta Knight would pretty much tear him a new one in the air. Given how fast melee Fox falls, Meta Knight might have some pretty stupid long combos on him just by juggling even though his attacks have way less hitstun than Fox's.

The main reason I have to give it to Meta Knight is the over the ledge game. If Fox is over the ledge a good Meta Knight gets an all but automatic kill. Space animals are notoriously easy to gimp, and Meta Knight is notoriously good at gimping.

Also...consider the following...

[Spoiler] Brawl shields are simply a lot more durable than melee shields so that presumably getting MACHED would break fox's shield in a heartbeat if he gets caught in it. [/spoiler]
>>
>>386507514
Meta Knight could probably uair Fox for days. The move is effectively lagless and he has several jumps.
>>
>>386502115
Meta Knight it isn't even close. Bayonetta and 64 Pikachu probably beat Fox too.
>>
>>386502115
MK easily, just needs to use the tornado until fox has higher % then infinite cape until time runs out
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.