[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides Wild Arms, are there any other western/cowboy-setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: abc12345.png (292KB, 521x426px) Image search: [Google]
abc12345.png
292KB, 521x426px
Besides Wild Arms, are there any other western/cowboy-setting RPGs or Japanese adventure games?
Not counting Boktai either, I know that one too.
On that note, will we ever have a new Wild Arms on PS4?
>>
I don't get why they never brought back wild arms. It still has a pretty good presence in japan. It's like they hate good series
>>
>>386501156
l want to fuck everybody on the Apple family!
>>
>>386501909
It had like a fuckton of games on PS2, right?
I have the remake of 1 on my Phat PS2's hard drive via MCBoot, I should probably play it.
But I kinda wanna save for a PS4 and buy them on PSN both to support the series and play it upscaled.
>>
>>386501156
Red dead redemption
>>
I'm kind of new to jarpigs, are these good to give a try as a beginner? The western themes seem really cool.
>>
>>386502193
That's Western, I'm asking for Japanese since their angle always comes from spaghetti westerns. Or as they call them, macarroni westerns.
That said, RDR2 is on my sights for when I get a PS4. I'm just waiting for black friday or christmas offers because I want the Pro.
>>
>>386502001
especially apple mom
>>
>>386502257
JRPGs as a genre are inspired by the classic WRPG Wizardry, which was so popular in Japan, development went there, wild it faded on it's native US. JRPGs tend to be a bit grindy, but fun in my opinion.
I think you should start with the original Wild ARMS on PSX, but if you want something a bit more actiony, play Boktai. It's an action RPG that's a mix of medieval and western themes. The ROMs been patched for the solar sensor ages ago.
>>
>>386501909
>>386502148

I remember them saying in an interview that they were working on a Wild Arms 6 and that it would definitely be for consoles and not a mobile game. That was like 2 or 3 years ago though so the project might have fallen through or ended up in purgatory.
>>
>>386501156
I always got a late cowboy era vibe from Steambot Chronicles for the PS2.
>>
>>386502289
Lol I can't read. There was that one gun game where the 2nd one had a western focus. Relied on motion controls for the wii I think can't remember the game.
>>
File: 3-Live_A_Live_00002[1].png (19KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
3-Live_A_Live_00002[1].png
19KB, 512x448px
Steambot Chronicles had a lot of western influence. There is also a good western segment in Live-A-Live
Gunman's Proof is a great zelda-styled western game.
Samurai Western was an attempt to make a Way of The Samurai-style game in a western setting.
The Metal Max/Saga series is more post-apocalyptic than western but it still has a similar frontier-kinda feel.

None of this matters though, because Barneyfag will crop up again to de-rail the thread at any moment.

Still, hope that helps.
>>
>>386502512
Oh, I know which one you mean. I forgot the name but it was 4 players, right? That one was pretty good. Classic arcade on-rails shooting.
>>
>>386502596
Oh shit, those SNES games? I should give them a go. Live-A-Live in particular seems very interesting.

>>386502476
Thanks, I'll check it.

>>386502456
Probably on development hell. I hope we still see a sixth Wild Arms before the generation ends.
>>
>>386502596
Live A Live is a great suggestion. The whole game is neat, not just the western story.
>>
>>386502596
>>386502842
Why was Live A Live never localized anyway? Officially, I mean.
>>
>>386502609
I think it was just single player. And maybe it had a sword focus instead of guns, at least the first game.
>>
>>386501156
Mother 3, kinda.
>>
>>386501156
Shadow Hearts: From the New World had a lot of western characters and locations, too.
>>
File: red steel 2 wallpaper.jpg (2MB, 5350x3088px) Image search: [Google]
red steel 2 wallpaper.jpg
2MB, 5350x3088px
>>386503028
Ooh, Red Steel 2. That one was great too. I actually recommend this game but most people will shun it down cuz >wagglan
>>
>>386503356
Yeah that's the one
>>
>>386501156
Cowgirls are cute! CUTE! C U T E!
>>
>>386504000
how about horse cowgirs?
>>
>>386504240
Not for sexual.
On topic though, why is it japanese-made westerns are so fascinated? Because twisted view of the genre through italians?
>>
>>386503356
>There will never be a direct sequel to Red Steel 2
>>
best theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWgPX9yTtQg
>>
>>386504340
The Japanese have their own interpretation of the america that tends to be more larger-than-life and exaggerated.

Sometimes it's interesting to see your culture through another's eyes. And sometimes it's interesting to see Laura Bailey attempt to play a samurai cowgirl.
>>
>>386505850
That's amazing. I'm not american, but I really love the larger than life westerns from Japan's perspective, especially of the frontier era, since it's overly romantisized.
>>
>>386504240
AJ best cowgrill
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.