[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to get a Wii U for this game? Or a Switch for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139KB, 322x400px
Is it worth it to get a Wii U for this game? Or a Switch for the sequel? Seems like a pretty fun but I don't wanna buy a new console just for a game, the rest of the Nintendo line-up doesn't interest me.
>>
No console is ever worth buying for one game. Unless you're a richfag.

5 games is my minimum.
>>
X is fucking great. I loved it. But if you buy a wii u for it thefe is plenty of good games to play along side it.

Dont be confused by the Xenoblade 2 title. Its named 2 but isnt a sequel to anything.
>>
As a disclaimer, unless money isn't an issue, I don't think getting a system for a single game is ever worth it. That said, did you play the first game on Wii? The skeleton of the gameplay is largely the same. If so, did you like it? Are you a fan of open-world games? Of mechs and sci-fi? If so, you'll find a ton to love here, full completion can easily take upwards to 200 hours, even more if you keep playing online after that.

>Or a Switch for the sequel?
Ask again after it's out.
>>
>>386492173
I didn't play the Wii one. I like open-world and mechs, yeah.

Perhaps I should wait to see if the Switch one is good, since I'm also interested in BoTW and the new Pokemon game next year. No exclusives in the Wii U library, besides this game, interests me.
>>
>>386492561
For what it's worth, the developer seemed open to the idea of porting this game to Switch too, so if you can bear to wait a while, you should. I think if we happen to get a Xenoblade X 2 on Switch eventually (as opposed to Xenoblade 2 which is coming out and it's unrelated to X), the first X will probably get ported beforehand.
>>
Not op, i am playing xenoblade chronicals right now, is xenoblade x very different than the first? Is xenoblade 2 supposed to be more of the same?
>>
>>386492561
Xenoblade chronicles X has the best open world of any game I've gotta say. If you're in for that then you'll be served.
>>
>>386491917
X will get a switch port after 2 is out.

According to the director.
>>
It's censored in the west. There's also copious amounts name changes which changes the meaning of the game. Though the story isn't that great anyways.

As a side note. It's emulate-able.
>>
>>386493069
CEMU 1.9 emulates it well but has random crashes that have been there since 1.8.0

They wont fix it because it's just a fucking program to run BOTW now.
Which was fucking shit.
>>
>>386492561
X is vastly different than how the first one is, and 2 is looking to be more like 1.

Also if you're looking for a mech game that feels like you are in a mech, this one isn't very mechy

It's more like you switch controls over to a stronger character than pilot a different huge machine.
>>
>>386493281
Emulating is trash
>>
>>386491917
their's literalley no reason ever in the world too get a GayU

xbox is much more better and has more awsome game's
>>
>>386491917

Yeah, XCX is one of the best games of the last 7 years.

I liked it better than the first xenoblade. Still liked the original xenoblade though.
>>
>>386492851
Xenoblade X is really different, yeah. It's much more focused on exploration than following the main story, it has a centralized hub town as your base of operations rather than a linear world you go through area by area, the gameplay is a lot more in-depth including the combat and the exploration itself with much higher running speed and jumping height, no fall damage and later on, the ability to get mechs and take them up to the sky.

2 seems to be more of the same as the first Xenoblade on the other hand. Linear, story-focused and structured area-by-area.
>>
>>386493069
My computer can barely run PS2 games, let alone Wii U.
>>
yes, that's what I did

>switch for the sequel?

Also what I plan to do
>>
People who've finished this game:
How many hours did you invest in it?

I'm on Chapter 9 and I'm already at 80 hours. I'm currently trying to max out affinity with various losers.
>>
>>386493628
Yeah you need a 350 dollar i7 to emulate anything. Also your 150 follar mobo and oh yeah you need ddr4 ram too goyim. This is why i never upgrade my fx 6300
>>
>>386493628
It's significantly easier to emulate Wii and WiiU games than it is to emulate PS2 games, because the PS2 has such a fucky architecture.
>>
>>386493812
170 hours for "100%"
>>
Does anyone feel like Xenoblade 2 feels rushed? The Switch is more powerfull than the Wii U yet the world feels less detailed like people mention already.
>>
>>386491917
It's a convoluted nightmare of a game that takes all the worst parts of Asian MMOs... and puts them into a single-player game. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>386493812
200 hours.
>>
>>386493874
Damn. I guess I've still got a long way to go if I wanna do pretty much everything.
>>
>>386493942
>rushed

XC2 has a longer dev time than all the other xeno games, only exception may be XCX because it's hard to tell how long they spent learning HD graphics, making the new engine, and actually making the game
>>
>>386493812
170 hou-
>>386493874
Literally me. I assume you also mean 100% exploration rate and not crazy stuff like all achievements.
>>
>>386494043
yup, that's why I said "100%" not 100%, getting some of the achievements is absolute insanity
>>
>>386493974
It's certainly convoluted, but if you take the time to understand its systems, it becomes very rewarding and not frustrating at all. That's how I feel.
>>
I really hope it gets ported to the Switch. My wii u was stolen last year and I've just had no desire to rebuy one
>>
>>386494225
I hope not, rather monolith release XCX2 within the switch's lifetime
>>
>>386491917

just cemu it
>>
>>386494453
They can do both. Xenoblade was ported to the New 3DS by a third party while they were developing X.
>>
File: FILE75137.jpg (334KB, 813x1050px) Image search: [Google]
FILE75137.jpg
334KB, 813x1050px
>>386491917
I got 350h out of it and a very satisfying feeling of fullfilment. If it clicks with you the same way, you won't regret playing it, though I'm not sure if it's worth an entire console for. Probably not.

What I will say is that you'll spend a couple dozen hours figuring out the mechanics, which you'll want to do because this game is heavily carried by it's gameplay depth, and not necessarily by the story or characters.

>>386493812
358 with 100% survey rate, all missions and every other shit I could find, except achievements and fully equiping a custom lvl60 skell.
Could probably cut at least 100h if I used my current knowledge about how to exploit overdrive from the beginning.

The game doesn't urge you to finish the story, but you'll probably want to do that as soon as possible because having access to post-game skells REALLY opens up the game for you.
>>
>>386491917
Yes, I have over 500 hours on it, totally worth it
>>
>>386494848
>350h
>not worth owning a console for

wiiu are about 80 bucks now.
>>
>>386491917
>Not emulating
>>
>>386495762
So that's what Elma looks like? Nice.
>>
>>386495852
Y-yeah, that's certainly what Elma looks like.
>>
>>386495852
She has some damn fine eyes.
>>
If you don't have a Wii U already, I can't see why you wouldn't just emulate it
>>
File: angry yoshi.png (253KB, 779x817px) Image search: [Google]
angry yoshi.png
253KB, 779x817px
>>386495762
>emulator on the road to 60FPS xenoblade X
>all progress halted for BotW, game can't even be properly played at 30FPS without a shitton of bugs and dips
>>
>>386491917
It is a LONG fucking game. Like a really long fucking game. Pretty good but grindy and obnoxious.
A WiiU is worth getting for it, zelda, bayo 2, and a couple other games though. I think a U is under 200 used.
>>
>>386491917
>Buying a console for only one game
Why did you even ask OP?
>>
>>386496031
>>386495762
1.7.2c lags for me. Only get like 15 fps outside.
>>
>>386494453
>X2 on the Switch
>actual multiplayer options besides Squad tasks for online/local and FrontierNav integration on the mobile app
Fuck, go full MMO with different starting areas and playable species while we're at it. Don't blueball me out of playing as garbagemen or samurai pizza cats or squidface aliens that mindbreak animals to be their loyal attackdogs.
>>
>>386496070
>having a shit system
>not having a cache

https://youtu.be/fQ4n6dXh3ZI

>>386496257
Did you add a cache file with 1.7.2
>>
>>386496347
Yes but this was also without that cemuhook
>>
>>386493812
Finished the main story at 90 hours

Finished it 100% at 250 hours

Stopped playing around with builds and such at 320 hours

I got really addicted to it
>>
>>386494610
2bh, if it's ported to the Switch, I would hope a potential third party developer would fix some of the games problems, rather than straight port it like they did with XBC3D
>>
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>386493812
I think around 110 hours last I checked. Definitely one of the best games on Wii U.
>>
>>386496347
Not sure how recent that build is, but the contrast/bloom bug is STILL a fucking problem?
>>
>>386495762
I'm scared it won't run on my toaster. I can run the Dolphin emulator with Xenoblade Chronicles fine. How much more power does Cemu need?
>>
>>386496673
1.7.2 was March. I haven't tried anything since then since I wanted to wait and see if the performance could get a bit better before I do my play through.

The bloom was an issue at the time, Not really a killer problem. But if you're pretty anal about it would bother you.

My only problem is that XCX has a fucking horrible problem with voice volume always being too fucking low in general.
>>
>>386496885
>The bloom was an issue at the time, Not really a killer problem. But if you're pretty anal about it would bother you.
I tried it and I literally couldn't see what was happening at times, it was basically unplayable. Tried all kinds of fixes, even tried messing with the contrast,etc, on my TV, and NOTHING fixed it. When I brought it up among the CEMU community I just got the typical "lol it's fine, no-one's playing XCX anyway!". This was back in February I tried, frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>386496885
Wont be fixed because it's just a fucking BOTW program now.

Fuck zelda.
>>
>>386496885
>Not really a killer problem.
>Can't play the game during the day
>>
>>386497048
I hate how with every subsequent build, BotW got slightly better and every other game got much, much worse.
>>
>>386497114
>can't play during the day
Still playable. Just bright.
>>
>>386497298
Definitely muted compared to the results I was getting.
>>
File: Cemu 1.6.2 - XCX 2.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 1.6.2 - XCX 2.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>386497335
You were probably on a build prior to 1.7.2, I know 1.6 was utter ass.

1.6.2 to 1.7.2 went from unplayable to enjoyable at the least.
>>
1.9.0 The only problem I have is sometimes the game will just hang and I have to restart.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.