[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBG will define the decade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: cFpoFSZA.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cFpoFSZA.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
Give me ONE game which will last longer and be more influential. (minecraft was last decade)

You can't.
>>
About 10% of all released games.
>>
The next streamer meme
>>
>2011 and 2017
>diffrent decades
>>
>>386490108
Give me one.

DOTA might last as long but it won't be as influential.
>>
>another pubg shill thread
wew
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>386489863

well this timeline is already fubar, might as well go all the way
>>
>>386490212
Minecraft started in 2009

>>386490158
>>386490289
>>386490330
>replying yet not naming a game
>>
Dark Souls
>>
>>386490473
Not mainstream enough, it's one of the closer ones though.
>>
When this game gets modding it will be an unstoppable train. Full-modding is coming according to PU. Imagine Star Wars mods, Zelda mods, all the fun maps
>>
File: Screenshot.png (488KB, 458x272px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
488KB, 458x272px
>>386489863
>ONE game which will last longer and be more influential

DOTA 2. It BTFOs pubg despite being 4 (FOUR) years old lmao
>>
File: suicide.jpg (312KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
312KB, 1059x962px
>>386490381
>replying yet not naming a game
>tfw I can't
>>
>>386490381
yes, and the decade from then on ends in 2 years, genius.
Or are you seriously suggesting that a decade only starts or ends in years dividable by ten?
>>
>>386489863
people will eventually get over this game just like how they got over the dayz fad since its completely reliant on being a gimmick

mechanically and gameplay wise theres nothing particularly new in pubg other than the role playing aspect of the battle royale scenario. once that concept is played out people will realize that the core game is just a shitty tps
>>
>>386490381
>naming a game that hasn't been made yet

This keeps happening. Someone will inevitably make a game that takes twitch by storm and at that point pubg will fall back into obscurity
>>
>>386490751
It's got the age sorted but MOBAs were already a popular concept before it was released.
>>
>>386489863
hey wtf is wrong with you people, I just learned this game has NO wall penetration and buildings actually can't be destroyed at all.
why would you even play this piece of actual garbage.
>>
>>386490968
There's less than 2 and a half years left, it's pretty unlikely.
>>
>>386489863
Candy crush.
CoD.
Whatever the game will be called once an AAA studio rips off the entirety of PUBG and makes it better looking and shinier.

The game is nothing special, except that they did it first in a way that works, now the floodgate is open and there will be iterations and clones galore.
>>
>>386490971
Battle Royal games were popular before PUBG too
>>
Skyrim came out in 2011 and Bethesda refuses to let it leave the public conscious.
>>
>>386491259
League was one of the most popular games in the world before dota launched.

Battle royal games weren't anything like that before pubg.
>>
>>386490212
minecraft was before 2011 dumbass
>>
File: 1485797573453.png (106KB, 191x191px) Image search: [Google]
1485797573453.png
106KB, 191x191px
>>386489863
>Yet another battle royale game
>Runs like shit on everything but the latest hardware
>Twitch meme game
>$30

Also minecraft still isn't a decade old yet faggot
>>
>>386491427
Got the age, but open world was already popular. It didn't really inspire trillions of new games.
>>
This is the first thread I've seen for this game, which never happens for popular games. I mean, I was interested in seeing what the game was about, but I can already tell the fan base is going to be cancerous so I should probably run for the hills before I find out the game is fun.
>>
>>386491919
it's popular so full of normies. Most threads on /v/ are "ironic shill" threads meant to trigger people
>>
>>386489863
>Influential
HA
>>
>>386489863
Are twitch fags as delusional as nintendro1ds now.
>>
>>386489863
>influential
this game is shit the only lasting influence it'll leave is companies will realize that their entire marketing departments need to be sacked.

In the next few years they're going to go after streamers for advertisements. Then we're going to get some streamer crying about how Ubisoft and EA fucked his ass with millions of dollars to shill the next Tom Clancy's Battlefield even if he didn't fucking like it.

screencap this.
>>
>>386492393
twitch most viewed are basically just the most popular pc games you delusional retard
>>
I dont want to admit it but breath of the shit will
>>
>>386491756
>implying you need to be inspirational to be influential

Skyrim and Fallout are why all those shitty open world games get made in the first place but people are gonna remember skyrim first because it's gotten 3 releases on every system
>>
>>386492569
You obviously have no idea about how marketing works. If the higher ups of big triple a publishers don't catch on with this shit then they're probably retarded but you can't deny the fact that what made this game famous is the fact that screaming unemployed teenagers played it for their audience of 12 year olds. Unintentional or not, PUBG spread by what you would call "word of mouth"
>>
>>386489863
>Influential
Whatever you say, its just another battle royal, just because its the only one on its way to actually finishing does not mean its doing anything new.
Runs like ass, massive amounts of downtime and camping if you want a chance to 'win'.
>>
>>386490224
DOTA has been around since 2003 and is still one of the more popular games today. PUBG hasn't even been out a year.
>>
This is the worst optimized piece of shit I've played, I can play bdo with 40 fps on low in my laptop but this shit is worst than a vegetative cousin that OD'd
>>
>>386491461
>before dota launched
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.