[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this game fucking sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: colors logo.png (474KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
colors logo.png
474KB, 1191x670px
this game fucking sucks
>>
>>386480835
yeah it does
>>
yeah that soundtrack tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfc5twxGjZQ
>>
>>386481165
>that
>good for a sonic game
>>
>>386480835
Yeah it is pretty shit
>>
The DS version is alright, but I've never understood the love for the Wii game. Only good things were the aesthetics, the more unique level concepts, some of the music, and the Eggman PA announcements.
>>
File: 1342058214496.jpg (18KB, 431x500px) Image search: [Google]
1342058214496.jpg
18KB, 431x500px
>having a lot of fun playing the game
>suddenly get a level that forces you to jump on spring
>>
Boost games in general suck.
All 3D sonic games do.
>>
>>386484473
You mean that autoscrolling floating spring level?
>>
>>386480835
Yeah people said it was just as good or even as good as Generations was but it really really wasn't
>>
>>386484636
>Boost games in general suck.
Colors is the worst of them though, at least until Forces comes out and takes a shot at the crown.
Colors is really held back far more than the others by wisp gimmicks and like 90% of the game being slow 2D with virtually no slopes or anything else good characteristic of the 2D Sonic games.

>All 3D sonic games do.
Not true. Robo Blast 2 is pretty decent.
>>
>>386482091
Ex-fucking-cuse me? That's easily in my top 3 Sonic songs along with Chemical plant and Ice Cap.
>>
>>386480835
The only reason 3D sonic games suck is because of all the shoehorned 2D levels and/or other character levels
>>
>>386480835
No shit. It still has the same issues all 3D sonics have
>twitchy controls
>piss poor camera that will often lead you to a blackhole you can't even see
>a game specific gimmick that ruins the flow and pacing of the level, i.e. the wisps

Only Sonicfags will tell you otherwise, but they're blind to the inherent flaws Sonic Team has never been able to overcome.
>>
>>386481165
>Picking that over Planet Wisp or Terminal Velocity
>>
>>386486197
Or Sweet Mountain. Or Asteroid Coaster.
>>
>>386481165
This song is hot fucking garbage. It's literally the same drum sample for 29minutes and 1 mediocre synth melody that repeats every 45 seconds that repeats for 4 bars.

A god damn child who has a fisher price keyboard could create a more dynamic BGM.
>>
>>386486242
Shit, you're right. He literally picked the worst stage OST.
>>
>>386486049
You can disable the wisps tho after you beat the game.
>>
>>386486049
>twitchy controls
No way man, the boost games go in the complete opposite direction and have fairly stiff and sluggish movement that doesn't feel right at anything but very high speed.
>>
>>386484636
>All 3D sonic games do.
play utopia
>>
Sonic Colors is fantastic if nothing else for Eggman's PA system announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGE0_yKbHA
>>
>>386485983
>not even one Sonic game that's just somewhat speedy 3D gameplay only
>>
>>386486270
you have no clue what you're talking about
>>
why wasn't anyone at this amusement park? it was literally empty.
>>
>>386486439
>worst stage OST.
That's Starlight Carnival. How can you say Aquarium Park is the worst with a straight face, anyways?
>>
>>386480835
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>386486270
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>386486458
That shit fucking sucks.
>>
>>386486991
Starlight Carnival's map theme is pretty alright though
>>
>>386485851
>That's easily in my top 3 Sonic songs
What, no.
>along with Chemical plant and Ice Cap.
Ah, so you're one of those faggots who proclaims that any sonic game that isn't 2d or uses boost is bad.
>>
>>386487175
>Ah, so you're one of those faggots who proclaims that any sonic game that isn't 2d or uses boost is bad.
Did you even read the fact that he's referring to a game with boost or are you retarded?
>>
>>386486836
Actually, I do as i listened to 2 min of that song, skipped through bits after that. The only moderately enjoyable moments are where that shitty lead synth melody isn't present and its softer piano/ midi strings.
Videgame BGM is created to fill a void and create a feeling, but with the mindset to be looped for extended periods, but that track simply has terrible dynamics and is monotonous garbage.
>>
Why are classicfags so fucking insufferable on this board. Ever since Mania was announced they've all come out the woodworks to shitpost about 3D games and circle jerk about Mania.

And no Colors was not bad.
>>
>>386487152
Yeah, but all of the map themes are pretty good
>>
>>386486960
It wasn't yet open to the public
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.