[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started with GTA V. Are the other games too obsolete now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: gta 5.jpg (602KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gta 5.jpg
602KB, 1280x720px
I started with GTA V. Are the other games too obsolete now?
>>
3 is. vc is fine sa too
>>
>>386480024
Yup. Gameplay is pretty much the same shit over and over. Unless you're a storyfaggot, others can be completely ignored.
>>
>>386480157
>Liking story in a GTA game

Do people like this actually exist?
>>
>>386480024
GTAV is obsolete compared to IV
>>
>>386480312
Yea, I've seen people here complain about GTAV story.
>>
>>386480958
you forgot to shill that crowbcat video
>>
just accept that the shooting is worse in older games and enjoy the best map and story
>>
>>386480024
IV is better than V in every way except graphics wise. Prove me wrong.
>Protip you can't.
>>
I always wanted Rockstar to make an "undead nightmare"-style expansion for GTAV. I understand why it didn't happen with the over-saturation of zombie games ATT but it would have been a great setting to have fall to ruin.
>>
>>386482070

When did this meme start? IV was getting trashed on /v/ when it came out. I remember it being literally the first GTA I was ever genuinely disappointed with. It had like half the content of SA.

V takes most of the good parts of SA (RPG elements, side missions) and the improved gunplay/physics/scale of IV to create the best game in the franchise. Obviously opinions on the stories will vary based on your taste,

In terms of physics, gunplay, and sheer content, V has basically the best of everything. Though I think the radio stations are a tier below SA/VC.
>>
>>386482070
the wheels of the cars in IV were made of butter and the gunplay was kinda bad, but thats about it
>>
gta4 blows gta5 the fuck out. the writing, the graphics, the characters, the driving, it all fucking blows the newest version out of the god damn water.
>>
>>386482783
>graphics
>driving
What?
>>
>>386482910
the driving in gta5 has no weight and the graphics are too cartoony for me
>>
>>386482783
>graphics
Anon that is literally the only thing V did better the fuck you on about?
>>
>>386482783

I'm convinced that GTA IV was the first GTA for these people, on their Xbox 360 they got for Christmas.

I can completely understand folks thinking SA or VC are better than 5, but 4? Oh I am leffen.

/v/ fucking hated GTA IV when it came out.
>>
>>386483104
it's too cartoony man

>>386483301
no.... played 3, then vc, then SA...... SA was fucking great, but the narrative wasn't anywhere near as good as gta4's. the amount of content in SA is pretty staggering though, albeit a lot of it isn't 10/10
>>
>>386482070
>>386482783
Gta IV was worse in the one thing that matters: fun
>>
going to IV from V will seem genuinely awful. Everything about IV feels clunky compared to V, and this is coming from somebody who thought it was a good game at the time. The vaulting, the shooting - all feels sluggish. Even the way the camera moves feels off. The driving is slippery and the graphics are terrible. Niko moves like a 400 pound woman with cum in her eyes. The people who say IV is better than V are fucking deluded and were probably 12 when it came out
>>
V has a shitty map with nothing in it SA is legit better
>>
>>386483589
SA aged like shit
>>
>>386483432
>people that think GTA games have good "narrative"

They're fucking parodies, intentionally written like they were made by a 15 year old boy. They're lots of fun, but they're not to be taken seriously.

And the graphics? IV was fucking DEPRESSING, which I guess is appropriate for NYC, but still. It was the most drab and lifeless GTA in the franchise by a wide margin, adjusted for the year it was released.

>>386483494
>The people who say IV is better than V are fucking deluded and were probably 12 when it came out

This.
>>
>>386483494
i feel the complete opposite, gta5 has 0 weight and i despise the "easy" movement because it feels really fucking fake.
>>
File: graphics.jpg (132KB, 837x955px) Image search: [Google]
graphics.jpg
132KB, 837x955px
>>386483432
>>386483009
>cartoony
Nigga what?
if anything IV was more cartoony than V
>>
>>386483802
nah, the writing might be satirical but it's not meant to be BAD like the >lol american culture critique xD like gta 5 had
>>
>>386483846

He means the colors. IV is so fucking de-saturated that you feel like you're in an college film major's senior project.

>>386483986
>>lol american culture critique xD

This is literally every GTA. You're age is showing.
>>
File: 44e.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
44e.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
GTA IV is superior for basically on big reason

>GTA V has no vigilante missions

This singlehandedly makes it worse.

This is unexcusable.

Also, the whole online being based on getting cars when you can also get a RPG or a steal a fighter jet and blow everyone's expensive cars in a second and basically deny them from playing the game (such as trying to deliver a cargo).
>>
IV is still good, but SA and VC have aged pretty poorly
>>
>>386483623
Yet it's still more fun than V
>>
>>386484142
dude, it's so fucking on the nose in gta5... it's unbearable compared to gta4
>>
>>386484210
>Also, the whole online being based on getting cars

It's not, though. It's about doing missions with bros.

People that play it like a shitty car-based MMO are 99% niggers and 14 year old white wiggers.
>>
File: 1495440960240.jpg (42KB, 657x635px) Image search: [Google]
1495440960240.jpg
42KB, 657x635px
>>386484347

>doing Meth'd Up for the 100th time sure is fun with bros

The crazy cars races were fun as fuck to be honest, literally one of the biggest funs I've had in a long time in vidya, gotta give them that.
>>
>>386484528
>>doing Meth'd Up for the 100th time

Why the everloving fuck would you do that? Go through all the contact missions, survival, PVP, races, heists eventually.

It sounds like you're just an autist who's too busy minmaxing his numbers to enjoy the game. GTAO isn't an MMO, despite what R* wants you to think (oy vey muh sharkcards).
>>
>>386480024
I'm loving the main game, but I haven't touched the online yet. What am I in for?
>>
>>386480024
GTAIII is still playable and enjoyable, the older ones might be quite obsolete.
>>
>>386484890

Find at least 1 other person to play with or don't bother. Open world PVP is 99% "who has the better gun/car/rank/etc", so it's pointless since everyone else is level 300 with shit you'll never have. So just keep passive mode on unless you feel like dickin' around (which can be fun, just remember the above). There have been a few times where, as rank 16, I've managed to deliver cargo while being pursued by rank +100 niggers and have actually somehow succeeded, which was a blast.

Also see: >>386484693
>>386484347
>>
>>386480024
Outside of a few side characters there is no connection between any of the titles.
>>
How do I use the stock market in this game?
>>
>>386482616
The guns in V felt like airsoft and had no impact, the overall shooting gameplay and driving physics were way better in IV.
>>
>>386486109
>awful camera and controls gives it more weight!

I actually agree with this, as I prefer the old tank-style gameplay of earlier Resident Evil games compared with modern entries.

However, that's supposed to be a survival horror game - GTA shouldn't control like cocks just because it feels more realistic.
>>
>>386483802
IV had literally zero parody elements in his story (the parody is in the commercials and radio shows), it is a serious and well written Gangster Drama, while V is purely a parody on Heat and A team.
>>
>>386486109
Funny enough, the best TPS gameplay in recent memory is in Mafia 3, shotguns feels so fucking good to shoot. I hope Rockstar take notes and put something like it in RDR2
>>
>>386486429
>it is a serious

Yes.

>well written Gangster Drama

No.

It's trying to be gritty, and just comes across as juvenile, depressing and foolish.
>>
>>386486429
>IV had literally zero parody elements in his story
No way you played GTA IV
>>
>>386486468
Ah, right, this is something that is barely mentioned. Mafia 3 sucked ass, but the shooting felt extremely good, also the driving, I really hope that they just copy these both elements in GTA 6 (since Mafia and GTA are both 2K franchises from different developers, so it should be okay).
>>
>>386486784
Even with repetitive as fuck missions the gameplay and story are top notch in Mafia 3. If only they had like one more year of development we could get a pretty solid game it's kinda like MGSV in a sense
>>
>>386486671
Name me one parody element in the story of GTA 4 that is like GTA 5. I played 4 8 times since his release.
The comic reliefs Brucie and Jacob don't really count as parodies since both are just general comic reliefs. I mean a parody in his writing, not certain characters. In V you have whole arcs who just exists to parody something.
>>
File: WHATYOUREALLYLOOKLIKE.jpg (74KB, 568x759px) Image search: [Google]
WHATYOUREALLYLOOKLIKE.jpg
74KB, 568x759px
>there are people who will defend the baby-driving physics of V
>>
>>386482070

No garages. No car modifying. No real property managements etc.

V and SA are both better than IV.

>but my boat car physics so real

I don't give a shit.
>>
File: 1475363105546.png (40KB, 825x635px) Image search: [Google]
1475363105546.png
40KB, 825x635px
>>386487057
>>
>>386484327
Probably because it's set in California. Cali has the most annoying people and culture out of all the states.
>>
>>386487616
maybe so, in which case the narrative wouldn't be "bad," just not to my taste compared to gta4.. i just didn't like how nothing at all in gta5 took itself seriously, it really made me hate the single player... like... as soon as you start flying planes into the cargo holds of other (AIRBORNE) planes then i quit immediately.. it was just fucking dumb and bad writing
>>
>>386487438
These both comic relief characters doesn't make the overall storytelling "comedic", they are just 2 elements, again, show me the story line that just exists to make fun of something, like the whole story line from V from start to finish without one serious undertone.

Or do you also think that Taxi Driver is a parody because the guy who works with Betsy is so funny?
>>
>>386480312
4 story was fucking greaz
>>
>>386488682
Isn't Manny Escuela and his arch a parody of sensationalism and spectacularization of violence?
>>
SA is the only 3D GTA game that I can bother replaying multiple times.
>>
>>386487820
I see gta v as a comedy action, while gta 4 was more of a drama action movie. I preferred the latter compared to v's story.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.