[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dishonored gets no love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 12

File: dishonored2.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dishonored2.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>Dishonored 1 comes out
>A damn fun stealth game but gets no recognition for years
>Dishonored 2 comes out
>Game gets fucked over by Bethesda because inevitable bugs and shit PC optimization on launch
>Dishonored is forgotten again
>Death of the Outsider is announced at E3
>Guess what happens next...

Jeez, Arkane Studios can't catch a break.
>>
Gets all the love from me. Pre-Ordered Dishonored 2, played the shit out of it. Have Death of the Outsider pre-ordered, gonna play the shit out of that too.

Very enjoyable games. Both to go as Low Chaos and as High Chaos.
>>
Loved the first game. Second game runs so poorly it is unplayable, so fucking frustrating.
>>
>>386479402
DH2 was a god damn disaster in more than just optimization.

The plot is just absolutely horrid, a DLC villain as the main boss? Hamfisted characters and moralities abound and just constantly insisting Emily was a fucking moron yet somehow deserves to be in charge despite the entire intro being about how she doesn't even WANT to be empress.

It's just such a god damn mess of contrived bullshit and piss poor characterization, many of which are apparently better explained in the DLC of DH1 but anyone who hasn't played that is completely alienated by characters that appeared there.

The fucking ridiculous morality is also especially abhorrent
>Sure just lobotomize Jindosh it's totally fair and reasonable and much better than killing him, leaving him in his death-trap maze sure won't kill him either wow such a good guy :^)
>Oh but this mentally deranged psychopath who can't control her actions is due some redemption, let's not actually harm her in any way whatsoever.
>Funny how the Crown killer makes such a fucking mess based on all the reports in the intro and first mission, but then you just find her first thing with no effort whatsoever, glad to learn Corvo became completely incompetent along with the rest of the guard.
>>
>>386479703

I remembered getting Dishonored 1 on my 360 4 years ago but got High Chaos ending, could've got Low Chaos too but lost interest and my 360 died. :(

Had to wait until I got a good PC to play the shit out of it and FINALLY got the good ending. :)

Now I have to beat the Daud expansions, they seem pretty good so far.
>>
>>386480131
I agree that the plot of Dishonored 2 sucks, but let's not pretend the plot of Dishonored 1 was any good. It was always about the world building, not the actual story.
>>
>>386480131
People really need to stop confusing the chaos rating with morality. The non-lethal options aren't always better, especially in the first game. They just result in lower chaos and less of a mess to deal with when the game is over which results in a 'better' ending, if you consider peace to be better. Someone who wants shit to get even worse or wants to seize power can achieve that with the other endings and those would be the 'better' ending for them.
>>
>>386479969
this, I played dishonored so much and especially liked it because of how well it ran on pc but the stuttering and framerate of 2 made me quit after the first level, did they ever improve the performance?
>>
>>386480131
I mean, Dishonored 1's plot was garbage too. Not really a surprise there.
>>
I remember buying Dishonored 2 twice, both the steam version and collector's edition because I'm a huge slut for that game. And the mask looked fucking cool.

Come launch day and I didn't realise you needed a FOUR CORE CPU to run the game...and I had a dual core Pentium at the time, jesus christ.

Had to spend a couple hundred for a core i5 just to play the fucking thing...and this was months before Pentium G4560 came out and could run it with no problem despite having two cores and four threads.

I just kept fucking myself over to play this thing on PC.
>>
>>386480680
Yeah it runs better now but it still stutters pretty frequently.
>>
File: 1423195817780.jpg (162KB, 590x874px) Image search: [Google]
1423195817780.jpg
162KB, 590x874px
>>386479402
Emily added nothing to Dishonored 2 and Billy Lurk is far less interesting than Daud, along with having no history with the outsider.

These are two of the biggest problems with the last two entries.
>>
>>386480432
>I agree that the plot of Dishonored 2 sucks, but let's not pretend the plot of Dishonored 1 was any good. It was always about the world building, not the actual story.

It was more interesting in 1 and it involved far more intrigue.
Everything was too detached in 2. In 1 you saw what you were fighting for once you rescued Emily and the Hound Pits were a far superior home base. Lurk and (later on) Sokolov are the only ones hanging out on the boat in 2 and they have minimal interactions.
>>
>made shit game
>complain no one care about it anymore
gee I wonder why
>>
>>386480432
Sure, but it was functional. You had every reason to right what was wrong at every turn and your personal stake for vengeance was relevant and to the point, unlike DH2 where you just fuck off to some other island to screw around for a bit
>Yea lets get rid of her old sympathizers, surely she wouldn't consolidate her control back in Dunwall and I'd be fucked :^)
>>
>>386480558
They are objectively the "good" choices you misleading double nigger, just look at the effects on Emily and the endings themselves, you're clearly evil for doing the right thing in killing traitors and conspirators.
>>
I'm guessing Dishonored 2 was no fun for new players because obviously they've never played the first game before.

Well what do you expect from a sequel game?

(This post will be shitcanned by examples of good sequel games that didn't need to rely heavily on previous instalment games)
>>
>>386481403
>becoming a strong Empress is a bad ending
Never thought of it that way, thanks anon. I guess I just have the capacity to realise that none of the endings are objectively anything and are just a response to how you dealt with the game. It's funny that a game comes along and doesn't railroad you into choices but you've been so conditioned to be the 'good' person against your will for so long that you instinctively do it and bitch about it.
>>
>>386480758
why didn't you just buy the collectors edition
>>
>>386481758
>A strong empress
Emily clearly becomes a despot and everyone dies of the plague, stop making shit up to justify a false narrative.
>>
>>386481934

The collector's edition is for ebay. Whether it backfires me or not, it depends on how much of a cult following Dishonored becomes in 5 years or so.
>>
>>386481758
Low chaos results in curing the plague and a golden age while high chaos is emily just trying to deal with shit.

You tell me which sounds better.
>>
>>386481991
That's if you get a high chaos rating. You can kill all the targets and still complete the game with low chaos anon.
>>
I find it ironic that in Dishonored 1 you're supposed to be an assassin, but by just doing your job as an assassin you only get the bad ending.

Like what the fuck kind of logic is that?
>>
>>386482195
Right, and you're still holding that low/high chaos isn't good/evil then or can you finally stop this ridiculous debacle?
>>
>>386482180
So again, the game is reacting to the shit you pulled while playing the game. Why did you kill so many random guards and cause the plague to spread uncontrollably? Why not kill the targets only and keep bodycount to a minimum so you get the ending where Emily and Corvo are strong on the throne and the plague is cured?
>>
>>386482403
Wrong. Doing your job as an assassin involves killing your targets and not leaving a mess of unnecessary bodies behind. You can kill every single target and still get Low Chaos. In fact, it's pretty easy to do so. You need to be a mass murderer for High Chaos to trigger.
>>
I loved both games even if both stories are garbage. The gameplay from combining the different powers and exploring the levels is a lot of fun. I do wish there was more variety in loot sine you always end up with more gold and items than you know what to do with.
>>
>>386482518
Like I said, you can kill your targets (apparently evil, according to you) and still get low chaos rating. Going high chaos just makes an incredible mess of the entire city. You're going out of your way to fuck the city up so surely an uncontrollable plague and unchecked chaos is what you wanted as the player.
>>
>>386479402
I played the second one and while I absolutely fucking loved the level design and art direction and mostly gameplay (why does CTRL do so many things? I can't count the times when I wanted to parry and grabbed a dude instead, don't remember that being a thing in the first one), I didn't like the story, enemies were repetitive, unremarkable music (worse than in the first one), awful villain, forgettable characters. It just didn't have anything that would leave a lasting impression on an average player in my opinion
>>
>>386480942
Except new powers and a new way to play, yea, sure, Emily added nothing, right?
>>
>>386480942
I agree, while I like her, Emily was a big waste of potential. Death of the outsider's seems fucking ridiculuous.
>>
Arkane consistently pumps out solid games that inevitably fail for various reasons. Poor guys really don't deserve it.
>>
>>386483164

At least Prey got noticed for a while.
>>
File: PEEREE.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
PEEREE.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
>only kill bad people in the first game
>boat nigger decides im a bad guy and shoots a flare to alert the entire enemy base that im coming
>>
>>386483164
>working with Bethesda
How long until Bethesda become as toxic to its developers as EA is?
>>
>>386479402
I want to platinum dishonored 2 but these collectible trophies are fucking annoying.
>>
For any PCbros having trouble running dishonored 2, there's a setting called adaptive resolution you can turn on and it makes it run good. Rather than get frame dip the resolution goes down but it never went down very much on me. It used to be unplayable before that
>>
File: 1501040003424.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1501040003424.png
83KB, 264x238px
>release in the 1st world doesn't change the spelling from honor to honour
dropped
even sonic colours got it right
>>
>>386483164
Meh, it's the art guys that don't deserve it. They created some of the most amazing levels in gaming history in a not so amazing game. Their talent went to waste.
>>
>>386483413

Fuck off, I paid good money for my rig, I only game IN 4K!
>>
>>386483164
They're probably not gonna get to develop a cool new game. Or it will be some multiplayer shit. Or even worse, open world trash.

More than likely, they'll be working on the ground textures for the new Elder Scrolls or some shit.
>>
>>386483280
It got shit on a lot because it wasn't Prey 2 which is just plain stupid. Bethesda should have known the backlash it would get for slapping that name on it. They seem to like fucking Arkane over.
>>
>>386483528
Don't play it then
>>
>>386479402
Dishonored 2 was better than Dishonored 1 in every way other than optimization at launch and story (they're equal here). Dishonored 2 is the superior game. Better gameplay, better level design, more enemies, new interesting mechanics and powers, more non-lethal and lethal options, more choices, etc. Dishonored 2 is the superior game.
>>
>>386483645
>more enemies
No?
>>
>>386483505
>being a -our fag
Lmao at your life.
>>
>>386483630
>>386483528
>>386483413
Game runs pretty well in 4k with a mix of Ultra and High settings for me. It dips a lot in the Royal Observatory and especially badly (like low 30fps) in the timey wimey mansion.
>>
>>386480131
I mean you don't really find her without any effort, you literally find her accidentally, not to mention the whole building she was in was guarded pretty heavily and any info about the crown killer kept even from them.

And the low chaos ending is about making everything easier, if you get through the entire place unnoticed and without killing, then lobotomise Jindosh, everyone will assume it was an accident - not done purposely but another party, thus, low chaos.
>>
>>386479402
That shit company fucked us out of a real Prey 2 so fuck them. Dishonored is also SJW as fuck and they're just desperately pandering with that cashgrab black woman DLC.
>>
>>386483957
Go to sleep Pete.
>>
>>386483957

Wow there /pol/tard, you stumbled into the wrong board. Don't worry, I'll take you back home.
>>
>>386483957
You know the dlc will let you switch between her and daud (a white man)
>>
>>386484369
You don't understand, dude. Just the possibility of playing as a black women is wrong, just like feminists view the possibility of playing as a man wrong.
>>
>>386483645
I'd argue Dishonored 1 has a better setting and a bit of a better atmosphere. But overall, I agree with you. Dishonored 2 is better. Just not as novel, as is normal from a sequel.
>>
>>386482535
You don't get it, do you? The game paints non-lethal as the morally superior choice and also the canon choice.
>>
>>386483957
>muh open world shit game ;__;
And you're a /pol/tard on top of it.
Based Arkane making faggots like you seethe.
>>
>>386484369
Apparently you can't, from what I read. You're just playing as Billie. Daud probably becomes your mission briefing man.
>>
>>386484509
You could just play as the white guy
>>
>>386483945
>Everyone will assume it was an accident
Yes, I'm sure all those choked-out guards, Sokolov escaping etc. was all by "accident"

>You don't find her without any effort
You quite literally just stumble into her, which makes the whole thing just a fucking non-issue after all that build-up, add to that the ridiculously contrived plot resolution of someone conveniently having the perfect cure ready and waiting in such a way that a complete amateur can compile it and just fuck it, a kinder-gardener could write this shit, probably did.
>>
>>386479402
death of the outsider looks fucking retarded
>>
>>386483029
>Except new powers and a new way to play, yea, sure, Emily added nothing, right?

These things could've been made optional or Corvo could've been reworked.
Emily being a seperate playable character didn't make the story, interactions or gameplay better.
Her powers were also inferior to Corvo's.
>>
>>386484509

What's wrong with playing a character that was established in the first game?

If she was hamfisted into the game as the only playable character and she wasn't established beforehand, then I'd see where you're getting at.
>>
>>386484619
It doesn't. It paints high chaos as the chaotic as fuck choice because you're literally fucking up the city by leaving dead bodies in the streets. Stick to killing only the targets and a minimal amount of guards, you'll still end up with a low chaos ending where you killed all targets. You can even decide not to save Emily if you wanted. Only low chaos and a saved Emily is the canon choice since D2 has Dunwall survive. There's no mention of whether Corvo murdered the targets or not. Don't know what to tell you anon, you were assuming way too much from the endings all on your own.
>>
i really liked dishonored 2. solid game with solid gameplay and the mansion level was cool as fuck. too bad it was so unbearably laggy at times
>>
Will death of the outsider be the ending of the dishonored universe?
>>
>>386484369
>You know the dlc will let you switch between her and daud (a white man)

Unlikely, they haven't even hinted at this. Pretty clear that this is Billie's story (for whatever reason).
>>
>>386482797
Yea everything about it is uncreative and cliche, characters felt like they were taken out of dumb action movie and thrown into the beautifully crafted setting and gameplay. Corvos was so damn generic, and constantly said what was happening on screen to himself, treating the audience like idiots. For some reason the same problems persisted in the first game but I still somewhat enjoyed it still
>>
>>386484881
Corvo was clearly an afterthought to Emily. The story makes more sense for Emily to be the main protagonist. They only added Corvo in for /pol/tards who get triggered by having to play as a female.
>>
>>386484662
Pretty sure daud isn't able to fight in his condition.

He isn't that old, but he had a very hard life. his body is probably broken in every way possible.
>>
>>386484619

You can kill your targets and still get the good ending, you just DON'T fuck up the rest of the city.

Have you not played the Hitman games before?
>>
>>386483821
Yes.
>>
>>386485108
>Will death of the outsider be the ending of the dishonored universe?

Most likely, especially since Dishonored 2 and Prey underperformed. Meaning the immersive sim genre will most likely be put on ice. Especially considering that Deus Ex was also a "flop".
>>
>>386485314

True, but then again I'm glad Dishonored won't get another sequel in the future, because Bethesda will most likely turn it into a cashgrab.

I like to think Arkane wanted to make Dishonored a simple revenge story and a fun game too, they knew how to make a beginning, middle and end, and they're not unnecessarily making a copypasted VR version at full price.

You could say Arkane were being...honorable.

K I'll kys now
>>
File: d326c8dd61af27609be0e823b556489a.png (706KB, 1000x532px) Image search: [Google]
d326c8dd61af27609be0e823b556489a.png
706KB, 1000x532px
>>386485165
>Corvo was clearly an afterthought to Emily. The story makes more sense for Emily to be the main protagonist. They only added Corvo in for /pol/tards who get triggered by having to play as a female.

The fuck are you talking about?
>corvo is the protector of the empress
>corvo is from karnaca (you can even visit his old home)
>corvo wears the iconic mask while emily wears a hankerchief
>corvo has more connection to billie and sokolov
>corvo had a connection to the outsider, while emily just got one for no real reason in 2
>corvo is obviously the most skilled out of the two, despite being older
>delilah has more of a beef with emily so it makes sense why she would be turned to stone and target first, in fact usurping emily is her main goal
>corvo hanging on to the heart for all those years and finally giving it up is far more meaningful/emotional
>etc

Fucking hell, they even hired Stephen Russell to voice Corvo and took a lot of inspiration from Thief with Dishonored.

You're legit retarded if you think it makes more sense for Emily to be playable.
>>
>>386485998
Damn son I don't think I've seen a shutdown this brutal in a long time.
>>
>>386485998

Holy shit, are you telling me...there is no reason to play Emily's story...ever?

Well so much for that.
>>
>god fuck awful insulting story
>incoherent nonsensical world building
>gameplay with no important changes only few gimmicky powers
>still split into a series of unconnected levels that can be swapped around in any order
>runs like ass

WoooW
I wonder why it gets no love?

Still, the story is probably the worst aspect of it for me, i rarely see a game this badly written where nothing makes sense.
We have the most powerful person in the world, Empress of the isleas e forced fight her throne back alone. An Empire of fucking millions, and she ahs not a single ally, spy master, spy, adviser, general, royal guard, messenger, servant, supportive noble, nobody.
How the fuck can she have not one fucking ally or a friend or even an acquaintance. What the fuck does she do all day.
What the fuck.
>>
>>386487224
>Holy shit, are you telling me...there is no reason to play Emily's story...ever?

The main goal of that post was to prove that other anon wrong.
But playing as Emily made little sense beyond the different powers (which could've been worked in in a different manner). So adding her as a playable character in 2 detracted. They could've made a better game if they cut her as a playable character.

It only feels like they added Emily to have a playable female character and little else.
>>
>>386485165
>Corvo was clearly an afterthought to Emily. The story makes more sense for Emily to be the main protagonist. They only added Corvo in for /pol/tards who get triggered by having to play as a female.
I think its the other way around.
The story makes no sense with Emily. Shes an Empress of all the land, people would kneel before in the streets she could contact any garrison and assemble her army overriding any order from any noble.
Corvo on other hand has no recognized position, hes a glorified spy/bodyguard, makes sense for him to work alone.

Few other problems is the fact Emily dosnt react to seeing her mother again, to Corvo it would be nothing new, Outsider gave him a link with his dead lover long ago, but to Emily seeing her dead mother again would be a total shock.

Another problem is that as long as the old empress is alive Deliah has no way of taking power, she would not rest. Emily can gather support even in exile, she cold split the empire in half.
Corvo on other hand would have problems with gathering support as he hold no title, so nobody would care he got away.

Im sure Emily was a late addition into the development.
>>
>>386479402
>no recognition
Do you exclusively get your info and base your opinions from others and places where people get their validation from being contrarian even when it's unjustified rather than just playing the game yourself or something? Lots of people love D1 and DLC and D2 (haven't gotten round to latter yet and doubt I can run it).

I agree Arkane could get more love and all the "b-but it's not a spiritual successor to Thief!" shitposting makes little sense but the games are pretty highly acclaimed and well liked afaik.
>>
>>386487967
Agreed. I was also expecting the Crown Killer subplot to carry more weight since it was made to be such a big deal in the intro and first mission of the game. Then you solve it and the whole subplot just disappears. No repercussions or long-lasting effect of it at all. The whole plot of the game seemed to be an afterthought.
>>
>>386488404
I thought this was rather annoying too. You solve the mystery so quickly into the game that the whole thing didn't really have an effect on me.
>You solved the mystery of the crown killer!
>...what did they do again?
>>
>>386480131
>Hamfisted characters and moralities abound and just constantly insisting Emily was a fucking moron yet somehow deserves to be in charge despite the entire intro being about how she doesn't even WANT to be empress.
Except the games shows her maturing and accepting the responsibility of her throne.

Nah, characterization was just fine in this. Except for Corvo's standpoint.
>>
>>386483312

Even if you kill all primary objectives you won't get high chaos. It's only if you viciously slaughter any guard that finds you/attacks you.
>>
>>386479402
It was fucked because of shit story and idtech5.
They deserve it for not using UE4 again.
>>
>>386488213

Yeah Dishonored 1 has its fans, but it wasn't big like 'Fallout-big', it went under the radar months after it came out and only now it got a little more attention after Bethesda's 2015 E3 show and then got slightly better marketing in the 2016 show.

Even when Dishonored 2 came out, most people still didn't give a shit 'cause they were busy playing Overwatch, Uncharted 4 and DOOM, so they had to boost it a little more by giving it a fake award in the Game A(war)ds show.
>>
>>386480942
Incorrect on both accounts, but you did try
>>
File: 1500508653713.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500508653713.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
>>386484369
>>386483957

>yfw you can do co-op with daud and billie
>>
>>386480745
It did its job. At least there were some twist, some mystery and you could play daddy simulator.
>>
>>386488670

UE4 didn't come out until May 24 you retard.
>>
>be in thread
>watch one pleb after another actually try to say the plot is bad
>no one having any clue about characterization or plot structure

gold
>>
>>386488757
How is Billie more interesting than Daud and what connection did Billie have to the Outsider?
>>
>>386480942
Yeah I didn't care much for Emily being inserted in. Her powers are really fun though. I really wish that it was a choice between Corvo or Daud since the villain of the game is from Daud's DLC. Imagine how cool it would have been to team up with the man who killed your lover in order to save your daughter and the kingdom. They also could have retconned the powers since you lost your mark and had to get a new one.
>>
>>386488404
The Crown killer plot makes little sense to begin with.
I mean its spread as Emily has Corvo kill her political enemies, but ... shes the Empress.
There are Overseers killing people in the streets, i doubt citizens give a shit about a dead noble.
Not to mention the people behind the coup would be killing their own fucking allies.
Also overseers religious cult makes little sense, why does Emily support them when her own father and she herself is an Outsider believer?

And in the end they didnt even use the Crown killer subplot to overthrow Emily, they just invaded. The fuck was the point?
>>
>>386488885
It was already released for pro you dumbass. They released it the moment the next gen console came.
>>
>>386488954
The fact that she worked for Daud. It's not direct connection. But it's connection.

Whether someone is more interesting to you of not is utterly subjective. Though Billy have is much more fleshed out and we learn to sympathize with her the all the backstory given AND knowing her role in the first game.
Daud is pretty much jusy a guy who got power and made money with it, then felt bad about it and quit.
>>
>>386488885
ye, may, but may 2012 over 5 years ago you dumb twat
by this point even unreal 4 is old as all shit, good thing it see regular updates, epic at lest didnt abandon it and plans to actually make it last
>>
>>386479402
>>386479969
>Second game runs so poorly it is unplayable, so fucking frustrating.

Seriously, what the fuck happened? Does Bethesda just not give a shit about PC players and told Arkane to make the PC port bottom priority?

>Dishonored 1
>Play it on some shit ancient computer, gameplay and framerate is butter smooth and beautiful with its unique artstyle

>Dishonored 2
>On a computer with 16gb of RAM, a good CPU, and two GTX 980 ti in SLI the computer fan screeches in agony.
>The screen is flashing at negative 5 frames a second.
>I get pop-up windows from the computer begging for me to kill it and put it out of its misery every 30 seconds.
>Blood is seeping out of my keyboard and mouse

Seriously though. What the fuck Bethesda. Arkane is an amazing group, let them do their thing.
>>
>>386482403
You aren't an assassin though. The Royal Protector is a body guard more than anything else. Corvo just happened to be really good at sneaking around since he grew up more or less in the streets.
>>
Bought Dishonored 2 on sale and it was worth my money. At full price though? Not with that shitty performance
>>
I feel like the plot was denied some really important elements that would have tied both protagonists together while also giving the story a necessary distinction between the two. The major one being a lack of daud, a character both Corvo and Emily would see very differently.

Corvo already forgave Daud and would probably be after him to help stop Delilah, while Emily would blame Daud for the death of her mother, seeing as she still hasn't forgiven him about that yet. The fact that there's no Daud in the base game is a crime.

That being said, hearing the knife of dunwall theme play for a brief second during the big end-game reveal was a really nice touch, seeing as it's the most recognizable track in the entire series, and carries some weight to it.
>>
>>386483403
Just use Dark Vision to find shit around the level. Its not too bad if you just be sure to check everywhere with Dark Vision on
>>
Been thinking of pawning my copy of D2 off on GameStop to put credit toward FFXII. Loved the game but Death of the Outsider looks stupid as hell.
>>
File: 1472608039469.jpg (55KB, 656x677px) Image search: [Google]
1472608039469.jpg
55KB, 656x677px
>>386489490
>all these PC fags
>the game ran like shit
>It wasn't even a game
>meanwhile I played the flawless PS4 version
>ran like butter over a fresh lobster
>mfw
>>
>>386489751
>flawless ps4 version
>literally runs at 25fps with dynamic res and low graphics.
>>
>>386488730
Most people have no interest in the best or more interesting games or things that require an attention span or aren't MP-game-du-jour or Cinematic Setpiece Experience 5, nothing new there. I guess my perception of how the game was received must be skewed because I'm an old LGS/ISA fan and was literally so hype for D1 I saved the game up for a time, knowing full well I would only play it for the first time once and that games like this don't come around every year or even every other year so I may simply be wrong.

It's a shame it didn't/doesn't get more love, but I still thought it was fairly successful for such a great game (great games usually aren't) but that's purely based on how much I read about it on sites and here and wherever and not sales data.
>>
>>386489179
This cunt again. Just because they're marked by the Outsider doesn't mean they would want to worship him. If anything, Corvo would know better than to trust the fucker after dealing with Granny Rags. Even Daud hated the Outsider after years of making bank off of the powers. The Crown Killer was used as a tool to turn the people against Emily, undermining her influence by making her and Corvo look like tyrants who kill anyone who goes against them. The victims were nobles who wanted to push for a parliament and eradication of the crown which is something Delilah wouldn't want. Getting the Crown Killer to kill them achieved two goals at once. There aren't even evidence of Overseers killing people in the streets of Dunwall, only in the Dust District of Karnaca where the Duke had given them free reign to abuse their authority while covering all of that up. Emily even takes note of this when you go into the Dust District and talks to herself about it.

Jesus Christ, what a dullard.
>>
>>386489897
oh god your a frame rate fag
>>
>>386484619
The books and stuff make it clear that Corvo did kill some of the targets. Can't remember which ones for sure but I know Granny Rags is killed in canon,
>>
>go for no kills run
>choke someone out
>place him somewhere no one can see
>rats get to him offscreen
>counts as a kill
>no way of knowing this happened until after you've finished the level

fuck you, dishonored.
>>
>>386490116
eh, you just sound like a fucking noob
>>
>>386489490
>Does Bethesda just not give a shit about PC players and told Arkane to make the PC port bottom priority?
Anon, EVERYONE suffered from bad performance in D2. PC players actually got the best deal since the patches helped a lot with performance. The console version have insane dips and almost never even maintain 30fps at any time. I can't even begin to imagine how badly it must have run in the time mansion. The problem was quite literally just idtech 5 being a piece of shit. It's such a piece of shit, even id never used it in a game of their own.
>>
>>386489667
Death of the Outsider is stand alone so you might as well
>>
File: 20170731065733_1.jpg (336KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170731065733_1.jpg
336KB, 1680x1050px
>>386490116
>>no way of knowing this happened until after you've finished the level

in dishonored 2 you can fag
>>
>>386490423
well i wasn't talking about dishonored 2, was i?
>>
>>386489343
>The fact that she worked for Daud. It's not direct connection. But it's connection.

She had no connection to the Outsider. She inherited a limited amount of power from Daud himself, she never interacted or were chosen by the Outsider.
She was also exiled for betraying Daud (the other choice is to outright kill her) so the link she had to Daud (in terms of powers) was broken.

>Whether someone is more interesting to you of not is utterly subjective.

Daud had way more stuff going on than Billie.

> Though Billy have is much more fleshed out and we learn to sympathize with her the all the backstory given AND knowing her role in the first game.
Daud is pretty much jusy a guy who got power and made money with it, then felt bad about it and quit.

You're not even trying to look at this objectively. You try and paint Billie in a good light and then Daud in a bad one.

Daud is also a far more fleshed out, developed and pivotal character. He is the catalyst for the first game. Him killing one empress but then saving another (the daugher emily) also ties into his development as a character.

How about some none shit arguments as to why Billie is a far more interesting and important character? She's little more than a moth drawn to the flame that was Daud.
Are you a woman or feminist that like Billie simply because she's a woman or something?
>>
>>386490004
Again?
You think Oversers care, they would burn Corvo and Emily at the stake for their powers.
Daud is a fucking psychopath serial killer and leader of an assassin group, truly the pinnacle of moral authority. Daud didnt seem to hate the Outsider up until the announcement of the new dlc, which sound just awful.
>. The Crown Killer was used as a tool to turn the people against Emily, undermining her influence by making her and Corvo look like tyrants who kill anyone who goes against them.
For what end? In they end the just invade the capital, raid the castle and kill everybody.
>There aren't even evidence of Overseers killing people in the streets of Dunwall, only in the Dust District of Karnaca where the Duke had given them free reign to abuse their authority while covering all of that up.
The only reason for the existence of Abby is the eradication of the Outsider and his followers.
they would have no reason to exists otherwise in any part of the Empire, so no, they arent feeding the starving children everywhere outside of Karnaca.

You seem triggered boy. Whats up with that.
>>
>>386489631
It's just long and boring having to either follow 4 different YouTube videos, or check every single possible alley and building for paintings and such.
>>
>>386490365
Which is kinda sad, you're starting to remind me of all the fucking cool mechanics in the game now.

Like the clockwork mansion where you have to pull levers that change the layout of the entire building. The sandstorm region where periodic blackouts give you windows of time to fuck guards up. The time mansion where you constantly jump between timelines to figure out how best to grapple any given problem along a certain timeline.

Goddamn, in hindsight the game was fucking ambitious with its gameplay. Shame about the optimization.
>>
>>386491371

So true, I think the gameplay and design in Dishonored 2 looks super creative but no-one will give a shit about that until 2 or 3 years from now when the next AAA game makes every in-game object interactive.
>>
>>386490908
>You think Oversers care, they would burn Corvo and Emily at the stake for their powers.
Exactly. So why proclaim your worship of the Outsider as a believer at all? Why go against the Abbey which will end up splitting the populace between believers and non-believers of the scripture for no reason whatsoever? Corvo doesn't set up a shrine to the Outsider in the palace that makes him at risk of being found out or anything, why bother shutting down the Abbey at all? What they're doing, subverting the Outsider's influence, is a good thing. Why would you want more people like Granny Rags or Delilah's witches running around the place?

>For what end? In they end the just invade the capital, raid the castle and kill everybody.
Undermining Emily and weakening her. Just look at her apathy and desire to whine, bitch and run at the beginning of the game. Causing her stress by pinning the Crown Killer murders on her helped the coup succeed. If Emily had her shit together in the beginning, there was no way they would be able to chase her the fuck out of her own palace.

>The only reason for the existence of Abby is the eradication of the Outsider and his followers.
Not entirely. They're also tasked with maintaining civil order like regular guards, working together with the Oracular Sisters regarding prophecies, regulate the entire Empire's calendar system and also encourages good morals via the Seven Strictures. Ironically, they also do feed starving children since they take kids into their order, providing them with shelter, food and purpose.

Pretty triggered, I'm just not used to cunts being this unintentionally stupid regarding something so simple as a video game.
>>
>>386490636
>She had no connection to the Outsider. She inherited a limited amount of power from Daud himself, she never interacted or were chosen by the Outsider. She was also exiled for betraying Daud (the other choice is to outright kill her) so the link she had to Daud (in terms of powers) was broken.
I already replied to that, so here it is again in quotes, "The fact that she worked for Daud. It's not direct connection. But it's connection."

>Daud had way more stuff going on than Billie.
factually incorrect.

>Daud is also a far more fleshed out, developed and pivotal character. He is the catalyst for the first game. Him killing one empress but then saving another (the daugher emily) also ties into his development as a character.
Pivotal character that throws things into action?
correct.
Fleched out and developed?
Incorrect. We know almost nothing about him.

>How about some none shit arguments as to why Billie is a far more interesting and important character?
Non shit argument like..her having a huge role in the second game? Her having loads of backstory thrown in the Second? Her even having a large part in the first?
Shit kid you make this too easy.

>Are you a woman or feminist that like Billie simply because she's a woman or something?
Just someone that appreciates good writing
Careful though, your starting to sound like a faggot
>>
>>386479402
>damn fun

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDIT
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT
>>
Who cares about Billie though? She's just a side story character who just latches on to Daud in DLC campaigns.
>>
>>386492012
>Why go against the Abbey which will end up splitting the populace between believers and non-believers of the scripture for no reason whatsoever?
The population seems pretty split as it is.
Honestly the entire Empire seem like a total shithole, with one region being worse than the other.
>What they're doing, subverting the Outsider's influence, is a good thing.
Spotted the Abby shill.
>Why would you want more people like Granny Rags or Delilah's witches running around the place?
How about instead mage the royal magic cabal in service of the Empire? Have them hunt down rogue witches, in fact in this Deiag would be a non threat to Emily.
But then again this would require the political scene make sense.
>Undermining Emily and weakening her.
Honestly, Emily is probably the worst and the most incompetent ruler in history of that Empire. Its on the brink of collapse, the people are poor, starving or dying from sickness even in prosperous cities, there is an insane sect of religious fanatics butchering the citizens, and the nobles fuck everybody sideways.
Im shocked the people didnt overthrow her by the time we get to the story.
Having some made up killer kill few nobles that are already hated really would do nothing.
>Not entirely. They're also tasked with maintaining civil order like regular guards,
Thats another thing i dont get.
They arent part of the government structure, they basically function as mercenaries.
And for all your claims of their good deeds their are presented as nothing more than butchers and insane fanatics in the game. So there goes that argument.
>>
dishonored 2 would be my GOTY 2016 if it fucking ran well
>>
>>386493284
>And for all your claims of their good deeds their are presented as nothing more than butchers and insane fanatics in the game. So there goes that argument.
Maybe you should read some of the books and letters as well as listen to their conversations instead of merely aggroing them anon.

>Honestly, Emily is probably the worst and the most incompetent ruler in history of that Empire. Its on the brink of collapse, the people are poor, starving or dying from sickness even in prosperous cities, there is an insane sect of religious fanatics butchering the citizens, and the nobles fuck everybody sideways.
It's funny that you think that since the lore in D2 established that they managed to bring Dunwall out the plague and into a prosperous age where everything was good, up till the Crown Killings started and Emily herself being such a whiny cunt which made a mess of everything.

>How about instead mage the royal magic cabal in service of the Empire?
That's a good idea and if there was in-game lore to support it, that'd be great. As it stands, there's still no reason for Corvo or Emily to be interested in pursuing that ambition though. There's nothing established in their character at all to show that they would want to destroy the Abbey and become Outsider believers.

All in all, it just sounds like you have some fanfic scenario in your head and want to be able to be more chummy with the Outsider. I'm not saying that that idea is shitty, it's actually interesting and I would be all for it. But it's stupid to force that sort of shit on to Corvo and Emily when there's no cause for it. That would actually be nonsense.
>>
>>386487224
It is worth it for the entirely new set of dialogue you get along with mission animations and then the gameplay differences in the powers.

I did Emily first and now I'm doing it as Corvo, seems neat they actually recorded two sets of dialogue for everything instead of just having the same conversations with different voices.
>>
>>386483616
Yeah that really got my noggin joggin, I was like oh it's prey 2 where's the portals and gravity changes

It's literally an entirely new game with an old game's name which is weird to say the least
>>
>>386483938
I've got a 390x and a 4790k @ 4GHz, game ran anywhere from 50-70fps for me which is playable but honestly annoying on a 144Hz monitor especially when TOOT ran at 110avg maxed.
>>
>>386494949
Yeah but MOOM was idtech 6 anon. Not idtech 5.
>>
>>386484756
Would be funny if one of the newspaper headlines said something like "Narcolepsy Epidemic Hits Royal Guard" if you go through every level knocking everyone out instead of avoiding them.
>>
>>386490018
Not him, but how do you decide if a game runs like shit or not?
>>
>>386494283
>Maybe you should read some of the books and letters as well as listen to their conversations instead of merely aggroing them anon.
Show dont tell.
You can slap as many hidden notes as you want whitewashing Abbys crimes, wont change the fact you as the player will only have the contact with the worst of them.
>It's funny that you think that since the lore in D2 established that they managed to bring Dunwall out the plague and into a prosperous age where everything was good, up till the Crown Killings started and Emily herself being such a whiny cunt which made a mess of everything.
Dunwall is only a tiny part of the Empire, every reggion we visit went to shit long ago.
>There's nothing established in their character at all to show that they would want to destroy the Abbey and become Outsider believers.
Ye, there is nothing to establish they give a shit about the Empire or its people.
They dont make any sense as characters and actively seem to work against themself.

I dont care how the game would be structured, what i care bout is how stupid it is that we play an Empress running around alone killing people, instead of being in a seat of power. Seen better kings in exile out of tiniest European kingdoms.
>>
Why is Arkane's Prey available on Steam yet old Prey STILL ISN'T!?

What the fuck are you playing at Bethesda, just re-release the goddamn game already!
>>
>>386495726
>You can slap as many hidden notes as you want whitewashing Abbys crimes, wont change the fact you as the player will only have the contact with the worst of them.
Still doesn't negate the fact that in-game lore supports that not all Overseers are as bad as those worst ones. Besides, you even meet alright Overseers like Byrne. So, as you said, there goes that argument.
>Dunwall is only a tiny part of the Empire, every reggion we visit went to shit long ago.
Dunwall is the literal seat of the Crown and center of the Empire. We also have only been to Karnaca aside from Dunwall, so I'm not sure how you can immediately assume every single other region had gone to shit as well. Don't make any more baseless assumptions anon.

>Ye, there is nothing to establish they give a shit about the Empire or its people.
That's assuming destroying the Abbey and establishing an occult-based division would lead to a better life for everyone in the Empire. There's nothing to indicate that that would be a guarantee.

>what i care bout is how stupid it is that we play an Empress running around alone killing people, instead of being in a seat of power.
Well, when you're given literal magic powers and also have had years of training with your assassin father, what's to stop her from going around and cleaning shit up herself? She also enjoys doing that shit instead of being in a seat of power. You might not like it but it's not nonsensical.
>>
>>386490018
What the fuck do you think people are even complaining about otherwise?
>>
The lack of characterization and character interaction killed D2 for me. And Arkane sure as fuck doesn't respect my choices because I shank that Billie bitch at the end of every D2 playthrough
>>
>>386496832
>Besides, you even meet alright Overseers like Byrne.
The fuck does make Byrne ok?
His people literally killed 3 civilians few steps from him.
>Dunwall is the literal seat of the Crown and center of the Empire. We also have only been to Karnaca aside from Dunwall, so I'm not sure how you can immediately assume every single other region had gone to shit as well. Don't make any more baseless assumptions anon.
And Karnaca is the capital of Serkonos, if its is such a shithoel you can only imagine the rest.
>That's assuming destroying the Abbey and establishing an occult-based division would lead to a better life for everyone in the Empire. There's nothing to indicate that that would be a guarantee.
That would only be a start. Karnaca plagued by an insane Duke, bloodflies and poverty sure as hell isnt a sign of prosperity.
>Well, when you're given literal magic powers
You mean the power of quicksave?
Since sure as hell you arent immortal, and the idea you would risk your own life instead of just sending an army to disarm your opponents is idiotic. Or send 20 spies and killers and to get the assassinations done.
>>
>>386498187
>Howler gang members they're literally fighting with
>innocent civilians
Yeah right.

>And Karnaca is the capital of Serkonos, if its is such a shithoel you can only imagine the rest.
You didn't pay attention at all did you? Karnaca only went to shit when Duke Abele came into power. Having a corrupt, selfish and incompetent head of state in one island doesn't mean that would be the case in all the islands anon. I'm not even sure why you would even think that would be a guarantee.

>That would only be a start. Karnaca plagued by an insane Duke, bloodflies and poverty sure as hell isnt a sign of prosperity.
And having black magic users running around unchecked as well as giving the Outsider even more influence over people isn't a guarantee for a better life either anon. Besides which, there are far more viable methods to make life prosperous again than overthrowing the Abbey, inciting unrest, pitting your citizens against each other and establishing a new order that worships a trickster god.

>You mean the power of quicksave?
No, the literal super powers that the Outsider gives you.

Since sure as hell you arent immortal, and the idea you would risk your own life instead of just sending an army to disarm your opponents is idiotic. Or send 20 spies and killers and to get the assassinations done.
Or you could just get all that shit done yourself to ensure everything goes according to your will considering you have the training and abilities to do so backed up by super powers. Shit got done way quicker than mobilising and coordinating an entire army to go around investigating and fighting.

There's no logic to your arguments at all and you're going all over the place. What the fuck cunt?
>>
does anyone have the console vs pc pasta?
>>
>>386499739
The one that show all pc players are cucks?
>>
>>386500085
no the one that goes like
>put disc in
>play game

vs

>
>and so on
>>
>>386485108
In a lore way no. But in franchise way most likely.
>>
>>386479402
Arkane Studios has a serious crush on Looking Glass Studios and (successfully) tries to emulate them on every occasion. The problem is that, no matter how much /v/irgins here like to boast, most of them has never actually played any of the LGS titles back in the day and react with hostility to anything that isn't open-world arpg.
>>
>>386480131
>Sure just lobotomize Jindosh it's totally fair and reasonable and much better than killing him, leaving him in his death-trap maze sure won't kill him either wow such a good guy :^)

That's what you get trying to appeal "no-killing option" for faggots. Because killing is wrong, you know, and "if you kill him you will be like him".
>>
>>386500968

I've never played old Thief before and heard good things about it, so I gave it a shot for a while then lost interest. I guess I wasn't around back when it came out to really appreciate it like Arkane did, but I seriously want to start getting into classics like System Shock and Thief.

They're already installed in my steam library so I should give them a shot again while they're here.
>>
File: Disho2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Disho2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Dust District was the best level in the game for murdering everything. So satisfying.
>>
File: BYTHEDCRIPTURES.webm (3MB, 950x540px) Image search: [Google]
BYTHEDCRIPTURES.webm
3MB, 950x540px
Also fuck the Abbey.
>>
>>386479402
Am I the only one that fucking hates Daud?

>Daud was a famed mass murderer before even meeting the Outsider
>Meets the Outsider and gets powers
>Goes from murdering commoners for fun to murdering anyone he is paid to
>hurr the Outsider is bad
>durr look at all there people I killed, it's the Outsiders fault
>Oh, Corvo, I'm so sick of my crimes, I want to quit being an assassin
>I will show you how regretful I am by selling you to the new Loyalists so they can execute you and keep Emily as a royal hostage instead of helping you rescue Emily and if you try to escape, I will send all my assassins to regretfully kill you because I feel guilty
>>
File: 14141515.jpg (107KB, 495x876px) Image search: [Google]
14141515.jpg
107KB, 495x876px
>>386502514
>Am I the only one that fucking hates Daud?

Shit taste desu
>>
>>386502324

For the love of what's holy do so, Thief 1 and especially 2 are godtier games.
>>
>>386499739
>le ebin platform war garbage
>>
>>386502810
>can't debunk any of my complains

meme character desu
>>
>>386502514
People only liked him since he wasnt a blank slate like Corvo was
But yeah, hes an awful character
Just an evil fucking twat, its really insulting that they make him try to kill the Outsider, Delilah i could get, but fucking Duad? Some washed up serial killer and failed assassin?
Ridiculous.
>>
>>386504145

I was surprised they got Michael Madsen to play the guy.
>>
>>386479402
>>A damn fun stealth game but gets no recognition for years
It was mediocre.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.