[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STALKER "bread"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover[1].jpg (47KB, 325x462px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover[1].jpg
47KB, 325x462px
Why was Shadow of Chernobyl so much more enjoyable than Call of Pripyat
>>
SoC is garbage. Is boring as fuck and it's too easy. Either snipe or don't play fr. CS was the GOAT and don't you ever disrespect that shit by saying it was bad because it was glitchy name a game to this day that isn't glitchy af at some moments in time? Yeah you cant because all games glitch out
>>
>>386479240
-Better story
-Better, more memorable main missions
-Better introduction to the Zone
-More challenging (no neutral Bandits, no starting off with great gear, no fast-travel...)
-Less "cartoony" vibe
>>
>>386479768
weak b8
>>
>>386479768
is this some hot new meme? I swear I saw this very same shit posted in a Zelda BotW thread mere minutes ago
>>
>>386479240
Dunno
Never played CoP ,i will soon-ish though
I want these games to get a remake or at least an update to run better.. Too bad its not happening
>>386479768
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
SoC has better atmosphere and it also was the first time most of us here experienced the Zone. I love CoP's huge exterior zones as an idea, but it just feels a bit too unfocused as a game to match up with SoC.
>>
>>386479768
while i wouldn't call CS the best i did enjoy it more than CoP
looked the best of the series, faction system was kind of neat with a couple of fixes and while the story wasn't on par with SoC it was better than the hammy shit that was CoP
>>
>>386479240
You should answer this question yourself.
>>
SOC had a vision and the sequels were merely an attempt to recoop the losses of development hell.
>>
>>386479891
>or at least an update to run better..
What do you mean? They were made to literally run on a 1-core Windows XP machines. Any reasonable PC made in the past decade should run them without any issues.

heck, my craptop from 2011 (i3 + Intel HD 3000) gets > 70fps average on DX8 mode, med-high settings, with the Starter Pack's graphical mods.
>>
>>386479768
trying too hard
>>
>>386479240
What's the best mod? I've tried Call of Chernobyl, but it just feels so empty despite being so big, and the Misery mod is just a clusterfuck of busywork.
>>
>>386480408
I get 70 to 140 fps BUT the game freezes for a second or so every now and then. Theres no fix for that
>>
>>386480513
Play RMA and nothing else.
>>
>get out of here, stalker
>>
>>386480513
AMK 1.4 is the best time I had with STALKER. Or screw around with more CoC addons until it feels right.
>>
>>386480541
Isn't there like a VRAM expansion mod that let's you use more than 2GB that should fix that? Or am I thinking of Oblivion?
>>
>>386479883
Yeah I guess so. I saw it in some other thread as well. Gotta keep up with all the latest memes
>>
>>386480541
Ah, you mean the micro-stuttering?
I assume you're already using the no-prefetch and 3GB RAM Fixes?

Big overhaul mods with tons of new content and super-HQ assets will also cause those bottlenecking data-load issues, so consider dropping settings a bit.

>>386480923
it's not a VRAM, but an actual RAM mod.
Being an old 32-bit game, it's by default limited to accessing only 2GB of RAM, which you can boost to 3.
>>
>>386481000
Im using no prefetch ,i still though want to find a way to use the parameter on gog galaxy too.

Anyways im running ZRP (basicaly whatever the fuck was in the starter pack) Is there another fix for that?
>>
File: 1452226079533.jpg (276KB, 563x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452226079533.jpg
276KB, 563x500px
>>386479240
I'm playing Call of Misery
Having a great time trying not to starve to death, avoiding bandits and scrounging every single weapon for any sort of ammo and running away from dogs while drunk on vodka so I dont get irradiated.
>>
>spend 8 hours installing stalker mods and getting them to work in CoC
>OKAY LETS PLAY THIS SHIT
>game crashes whenever I enter another area

o-okay
>>
>>386481576
Game has a habit of crashing when I die, but it's that dull there's no point playing.
>>386480643
>>386480730
What is the difference between these mods?
>>
>>386479240
This game needs a proper remaster on a proper engine.
>>
>>386481128
If you're ONLY using the SP mods, it should run damn smooth 2bh. It literally has improved the performance for me.

If you installed the texture and Shader mods... maybe try lowering their settings a bit?

I would also leave the ingame AA totally Off. It's no joke broken, and saps tons of frames.
After that, lower Grass Density, Object Quality, View Distance and Shadow Quality just a tiny bit (1-2 notches). This barely alters graphical wuality, but can help performance. In CS and CoP, keep SSAO and SunShafts Low.
>>
I want to get into Call of Chernobyl but it seems overwhelming. Are there any essential addons?
>>
>>386481128
SoC freezes whenever you load a bunch of npcs at the same time, like at the bar area

CoP will freeze a tiny bit when loading in new ai because its creating their routines, but as you actually play the game it will become a lot less frequent.
>>
File: AMK Mod Guide 3.0.jpg (384KB, 1200x1389px) Image search: [Google]
AMK Mod Guide 3.0.jpg
384KB, 1200x1389px
>>386481725
AMK is the granddaddy of all major mods, and the definitive STALKER experience.
>>
>>386481728
Fuck off
>>
>>386482176
What? That "engine" is highly unstable. Modding is a mess. Even with patches and community patches the game still has tons of bugs, inconsistencies and performance drops. Stalker is only "loved" because of its atmosphere, nothing else.
>>
>>386482054
Is the 1.4.1 Autumn edition from moddb alright?
>>
>>386479240
All three games are very similar. By the time you play CoP, nothing is surprising any more. There's no meaningful difference between them, so if you enjoy them differently, that's on you.
>>
>>386482054
Sounds good. I need to get this. Pretty sure last I was playing Stalker it was just default. Will I need a new save?
>>
File: 0 (41).jpg (186KB, 700x794px) Image search: [Google]
0 (41).jpg
186KB, 700x794px
>>386482514
>Stalker is only "loved" because of its atmosphere, nothing else.

Are you implying atmosphere isn't an important part of games? Are you going to say the people who "loved" the games were just having fake fun next?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR-f6aRUSw0

tfw modded this to be the main menu theme after I beat the game
>>
File: 1317676459473.jpg (350KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1317676459473.jpg
350KB, 1920x1200px
>>386482523
I don't quite like those re-packs, as they usually ditch the installation choices the stock AMK gives you, and instead pour loads of random crap on top.

I'd go with vanilla AMK pack myself:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8wm243dsc0dlwm7
>>
>>386483125
Cheers, anon.
>>
File: 1274436830724.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1274436830724.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>386482514
The gameplay is refreshingly challenging yet rewarding, the lore and world are fascinating, there's none of the modern console-cancer to be found in the games, the visuals are very nice for a low-budget AA game from 2007, and the modding community is gigantic and still running hot.

That's already a lot more than "just atmosphere", though it is one of the top elements to list out too.
>>
File: Garbage road - fix & dof.jpg (614KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Garbage road - fix & dof.jpg
614KB, 1920x1200px
>>386483232
NP mate.
Check the AMK guide pic posted earlier to learn the mod's quirks. You can throw the Starter-pack's graphics (Abs.Nature, SWO2.22, Shaders Max) on top of it if you want too.
>>
>>386482842
>Are you implying atmosphere isn't an important part of games?
No I didn't. I think the atmosphere is a very important part of a game. Stalker has a good atmosphere but it lacks everything else.
Gunplay feels too cluncky. Bullet drop is nice but the enemies are bullet sponges except for headshots. It's just wrong that a guy is able to take half a magazine from an AK into his body before he is going down.
Quests are too simple, literally fetch a shit, kill a shit.
Areas are too small.
>>
>>386482523
AMK+Autumn is fine. Autumn just makes the zone look a lot more grassy and lush in a lot of areas but without really being green, it still looks dreary and desolate. Its my favorite visual mod desu
>>
>>386483507
>Gunplay feels too cluncky.
it's one of the most satisfying things in the game!

>It's just wrong that a guy is able to take half a magazine from an AK into his body before he is going down.
yet it's totally OK that you can do the same?

Seriously now, STALKER is the most balanced and equal when it comes to the player's and NPCs' capabilities. A headshot is most often an instakill for both, and if you wear thick enough armor, especially low-velocity bullets will practically bounce off of you.
>>
>>386484006
he probably wasnt even playing master
>>
>>386481000
Can you implement the RAM mod with mods? I hate the massive stutter in shit like CoC or AMK because of all the a-life activity.
>>
>>386484775
Yeah.
I don't really know the details, but it's not exactly a "mod" per se, but rather a hack that alters the game's executable somehow.

One alternative "fix" is to adjust down the maximum "Online" A-Life distance. Can't recall how that was done, but I'm sure you can Google it.
>>
>>386480513
Complete, ignore the retards who like to meme against it. They have no arguments as to why it's bad and just say it's bad because they see it parroted on a lot of websites like this.
>>
SoC had better maps.
>>
File: why Complete sucks.jpg (162KB, 1645x383px) Image search: [Google]
why Complete sucks.jpg
162KB, 1645x383px
>>386485119
>Complete, ignore the retards who like to meme against it
your existence is the only meme in this thread.
Complete is not only totally obsolete at this point, but also casual as fuck.

Pic very related, and only the tip of the iceberg.
And no, I'm not parroting anything. I played it. Then I started researching it, as it felt underwhelming and piss easy. Then I only felt cheated.
>>
File: stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png (160KB, 1853x818px) Image search: [Google]
stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png
160KB, 1853x818px
>>386480513
AMK1.4 for SoC.
TFW 3.8 for CS.
Misery 2.11 for CoP.

Starter-Packs for each one of them if it's your first time playing the games.
>>
>>386479240
Unironically "muh soul"
It feels more genuine than CoP, and it has better writing.
>>
File: 1500203947972.jpg (84KB, 377x323px) Image search: [Google]
1500203947972.jpg
84KB, 377x323px
>>386485119
>there are people still falling for the complete meme
>there are retards defending complete
>>
>>386486974
It's worth adding onto your post that you'd probably be best trying to use Les Miserables for Misery to decrease it's shittery.
>>
>>386482690
>Will I need a new save?
Yes. With all major mods.
Vanilla saves seldom work in big mods, and same vice versa. And similarly, saves of one overhaul mod may not work at all in another overhaul.

>>386487276
I've never even considered using that crap.
People clearly just didn't know what they were signing up for when downloading Misery mod (I've even seen posts of total Stalker rookies STARTING with it, oh god), thus making rant-posts about it and demanding casualization "fixes".
>>
>>386485119
No, fuck off.
ZRP and original weapon reanimations are the only mods you can use for a first playthrough.
>>
>>386487694
don't forget FOV Switcher and Shaders Max.
Absolute Nature + darker nights are fine too.
>>
What are the best CoC add-ons?
>>
>>386482054
I will never forget fighting electrochimeras at night during heavy rain and thunder
>>
>>386479789
>-Better story
I would argue you on that point.

I mean the main story campaign was good up till the moment where you turn off the Miracle Machine in Yantar.

But my god was the rest awkward as fuck, and the ending was AWFUL.

I haven't played CoP yet (getting ready, I'll be probably firing it up next week) but I find it hard to imagine having worse fucking conclusion that SoC had.
>>
>>386483507
>Gunplay feels too clunky
Well what's running around as a civvie slav with beat to shit Soviet era weaponry supposed to feel like?
>>
>>386488971
>but I find it hard to imagine having worse fucking conclusion that SoC had.
You better believe.
CoP is all around just underwhelming in comparison.

I also hope you already got the "true ending" in SoC.
>>
>>386488690
>What are the best CoC add-ons?
I had a list of them somewhere, maybe I can still dig them up.

Here they are. It's a base set of "more content, better graphics, nothing too crazy (Like the dynamic fractions though):
Absolute Nature Redux for CoC
Structures Redux for CoC
DoctorX Questlines 1.25
ESFX_CoC_1.12
Outfit Addon 1.4.7
STCoP_Weapon_Pack_2.8_v5

That is all I use, it's about as "close to vanilla" as it gets. Nature and Structures are just texture pack, DocX Quest are new better faction quest that tie to a questline that allows you to rank up, ESFX is a sun-shine and skybox mod, Outfit Addon adds more armor, Weapon Pack adds more weapons. it's pretty well ballanced.

I don't remember the proper instal order, but I think it was exactly the opposite of how I listed them: Weapon mod (and patch) first, then outfits, then DocX, Then FX then Nature and Structures.

You can scour for some more interesting combinations - like the DocX dynamic faction politics, or some of the hardcore mods like Misery or Warlands or that insane beta arfifact alchemy mod, but I did not want to bloat the game for my first few runs.
>>
>>386489659
>I also hope you already got the "true ending" in SoC.
Yeah, that was precisely what pissed me most.

Look, I could believe that the build-up was worse in CoP, but I really refuse to believe that it had anything even remotely as stupid as the final reveal about the noosphere as SoC had. Because that was some Evanglion shit right there.
>>
>>386489810
Is artifact alchemy like in some older mods where you drop artifacts in anomalies to change them? I liked that.

Any addons that add the ammunition system from ZoA?
>>
>>386490384
>Is artifact alchemy like in some older mods where you drop artifacts in anomalies to change them? I liked that.
I'm afraid it's not the same, though I only read the description and it was vague and unclear as fuck. Seemed like you could get special equipment to transmute artifacts and combine them somehow and shit... It said it can generate about thousand different unique artifacts.
But I haven't tried it (it's in early beta too, I think) so maybe dropping artifacts into anomalies is part of it, I don't know).

You can easily backup your files and try it for yourself, it's on the first page of adds for CoC on modDB.
>>
Burers are so goofy.
>>
File: 1497941364516.webm (482KB, 392x484px) Image search: [Google]
1497941364516.webm
482KB, 392x484px
>>386484006
thats amk though
amk makes bullets very lethal
on vanilla, even on master if your not aiming for the head enemies can be really tanky unless your close enough to spray them
also vanilla guns are really awful and have blocky models and bad animations
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.